Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:37:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628608 times)
nagleatorcoin

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:30:32 PM

Have we become too accustomed to the high standard that Kraken provide regarding deposits and withdrawals? How long would Bitstamp/Btc-e SEPA deposit take out of interest?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:47:30 PM

Have we become too accustomed to the high standard that Kraken provide regarding deposits and withdrawals? How long would Bitstamp/Btc-e SEPA deposit take out of interest?

Perhaps, but these are the standards I now expect. These are the standards Kraken should (and have so far) aspire to.
ledmaniak

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:01:05 PM

Hi Dargo. We're experiencing issues with our trade software because of open orders. The https://api.kraken.com/0/private/Balance seems to return available balance (even that part that is in open orders and is not available for trades) which causes inssuficient funds errors.... Is there a way to get available tradable balance directly?

Thanks!
Ohh men, that thing pops up about daily, messing up my trades. Still need to find a decent solution for it..

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:02:23 PM

Hi Dargo. We're experiencing issues with our trade software because of open orders. The https://api.kraken.com/0/private/Balance seems to return available balance (even that part that is in open orders and is not available for trades) which causes inssuficient funds errors.... Is there a way to get available tradable balance directly?

Thanks!
Ohh men, that thing pops up about daily, messing up my trades. Still need to find a decent solution for it..

Query open orders at the same time and subtract the funds locked in open orders.

It's not pretty, but it should work.
ledmaniak

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:07:32 PM

Thanks!

Query open orders at the same time and subtract the funds locked in open orders.

Yep, makes me hit my rate limit even faster..

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
giorgos-pap

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:20:19 PM

Where are the high standards of Kraken??? I send money to Kraken from 4th of February and they never credited to my account. When I asked for my remittance they told me that they never receive it. My bank asked officialy Fidor and they answered that my money is in Kraken's account from 4th of February. After this move they admitted that they received the money but until now they haven't credited my account. I only hear excuses and lies. Tommorow I will publish all my conversation (with PM) with Dargo, because I want to prove you that Kraken is a new MtGox...
So be careful because all these problems with deposits and withdrawals are very strange.
If I lie I challenge Dargo to deny all these...
eMiz0r

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:22:35 PM

Where are the high standards of Kraken??? I send money to Kraken from 4th of February and they never credited to my account. When I asked for my remittance they told me that they never receive it. My bank asked officialy Fidor and they answered that my money is in Kraken's account from 4th of February. After this move they admitted that they received the money but until now they haven't credited my account. I only hear excuses and lies. Tommorow I will publish all my conversation (with PM) with Dargo, because I want to prove you that Kraken is a new MtGox...
So be careful because all these problems with deposits and withdrawals are very strange.

You could publish it, and I'm not telling you shouldn't. But when the shit hits the fan @ Kraken after this Mt. Gox debacle, you won't have to buy BTC anymore. The currency is then simply done, history, game over. All the trust into BTC is already on a thin line right now, especially because the media is picking up all the bad things that happened last couple of days. When another exchange is getting into trouble (and the timing from Kraken is seriously bad right now), I don't see a reason to trust any exchange. A lot of people will be bailing Bitcoin as a whole, and they are probably right too.

Try to give it a couple of more days and if it's not fixed by then, and Kraken doesn't communicate about whats up. You'll know it means trouble Sad
giorgos-pap

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:49:34 PM

You could publish it, and I'm not telling you shouldn't. But when the shit hits the fan @ Kraken after this Mt. Gox debacle, you won't have to buy BTC anymore. The currency is then simply done, history, game over. All the trust into BTC is already on a thin line right now, especially because the media is picking up all the bad things that happened last couple of days. When another exchange is getting into trouble (and the timing from Kraken is seriously bad right now), I don't see a reason to trust any exchange. A lot of people will be bailing Bitcoin as a whole, and they are probably right too.

Try to give it a couple of more days and if it's not fixed by then, and Kraken doesn't communicate about whats up. You'll know it means trouble Sad

Until now I have send and receive more than 20 PM from Dargo. I send the money on 4th of February (2500 euros). When I ask Kraken why they do not credit my account, Dargo told me that they never receive my money.

OK, we have the receipt now. I checked our Fidor account again and the deposit definitely hasn't been credited to our account. We'll have Fidor search for it, but you should have your bank run a trace on the payment.

I make an application to Fidor Bank to ask them about my remittance (I paid 40 euros) and they gave me an officialy answer that my money sent to Kraken's account on 13th of February. Suddenly they found my money !!!!

Hi Giorgos,

I'm sorry you haven't received your deposit yet. Our bank says they sent it to our account on the 13th, which agrees with what your bank is telling you. I can't find it in our account though - at least it's not in unclaimed funds, which is the only place I know to look if it hasn't been credited to your account. I've contacted our bank to make sure it's been credited to our account, and I've also contacted our back end person to find out if he can see the deposit. This should be fixed by now and I don't know why it isn't, but I will get to the bottom of it for you.

Then they told me that they will credit my account as soon as possible.

Hi Giorgos - OK, we finally found your deposit. It was actually credited to our account on Feb 4th (same date that shows on your deposit receipt). But for some reason it didn't appear in our system. So there was some problem with the integration between our bank account and our site. Your 2500 EUR will be credited to your account as soon as possible. Also, we will gladly refund the 40 EUR you paid for the investigation, because this was entirely our fault (but also not intentional). If you would like the refund in bitcoin, please send me a bitcoin address to send the coins to. Again, I'm very sorry about the delay.

Until now they find new excuses and they do not credit my money to my account.... This is very suspicious....
FierceRadish

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:15:21 PM

So, has the money been credited to your account now?
giorgos-pap

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:26:04 PM

Not yet. I am waiting... And I am afraid I will have the fortune of MtGox clients
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:37:46 PM

Until now I have send and receive more than 20 PM from Dargo. I send the money on 4th of February (2500 euros). When I ask Kraken why they do not credit my account, Dargo told me that they never receive my money.

OK, we have the receipt now. I checked our Fidor account again and the deposit definitely hasn't been credited to our account. We'll have Fidor search for it, but you should have your bank run a trace on the payment.

I make an application to Fidor Bank to ask them about my remittance (I paid 40 euros) and they gave me an officialy answer that my money sent to Kraken's account on 13th of February. Suddenly they found my money !!!!

Hi Giorgos,

I'm sorry you haven't received your deposit yet. Our bank says they sent it to our account on the 13th, which agrees with what your bank is telling you. I can't find it in our account though - at least it's not in unclaimed funds, which is the only place I know to look if it hasn't been credited to your account. I've contacted our bank to make sure it's been credited to our account, and I've also contacted our back end person to find out if he can see the deposit. This should be fixed by now and I don't know why it isn't, but I will get to the bottom of it for you.

Then they told me that they will credit my account as soon as possible.

Hi Giorgos - OK, we finally found your deposit. It was actually credited to our account on Feb 4th (same date that shows on your deposit receipt). But for some reason it didn't appear in our system. So there was some problem with the integration between our bank account and our site. Your 2500 EUR will be credited to your account as soon as possible. Also, we will gladly refund the 40 EUR you paid for the investigation, because this was entirely our fault (but also not intentional). If you would like the refund in bitcoin, please send me a bitcoin address to send the coins to. Again, I'm very sorry about the delay.

Until now they find new excuses and they do not credit my money to my account.... This is very suspicious....

You can see the basic story from the excerpts. Giorgos contacted us about his delayed deposit. The first thing we do when we receive information from a user about their delayed deposit is search our unclaimed funds list. This is a list of the deposits we have in our system that we haven't been able to match to any kraken account. Giorgos's deposit wasn't on the unclaimed list (and not in his account), so I concluded that it hadn't been deposited to our account. We've been assuming it wouldn't be possible for a deposit to make it to our bank account, but not make it to our system, but this turned out to be incorrect. Giorgos initiated an investigation with his bank and after his bank contacted our bank, our bank contacted us to confirm that the deposit had been received at their interface and that they had credited it to our account. But we still couldn't find it in our system. I then asked our CEO to log directly into our Fidor account to search for the deposit, and we found it that way. So, the problem was that the deposit made it to our bank account just fine, but for some reason the information about this deposit wasn't transferred to our system. We are obviously going to find out why the deposit didn't make it onto our system and fix the issue. Also, we are now including a direct search of our bank account whenever we have a delayed deposit case (and yes we are doing this search for all outstanding deposit cases).

We accept full blame here. First, we shouldn't have assumed that a deposit couldn't make it to our bank account without also making it to our system. Second, it's taken way too long to credit Giorgos's account after the problem was discovered. We found the deposit in our account last Friday and his account still hasn't been credited. To credit the account, the deposit information will have to be entered into our system manually - the person who needs to do this has been extremely busy, but still that's no excuse.

This, in my view, is an instance of a problem that arises too frequently in our company - namely, it sometimes takes too long resolve issues. I think I've mentioned this before, but the root of the problem is that we have too many internal workflows with bottlenecks (in this case, only one person who can enter the info to credit the account, and who is overloaded with other important duties). This is an issue that myself and others in the company are quite aware of and working to fix, but it requires some internal restructuring and probably some more hiring as well. So it's improving, but at a slower rate than I'd like.

We apologize to Giorgos and everyone else who has been experiencing slow support. We realize that the issues we've had recently come at an unfortunate time when the integrity of exchanges is at the forefront of everyone's mind. We have problems, for sure, but we are working hard to resolve them and become a better exchange. Eventually we hope to reach the standard we envisioned for ourselves from the beginning, but we recognize that we have a ways to go.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:49:45 PM

Not yet. I am waiting... And I am afraid I will have the fortune of MtGox clients

Giorgos - The delay has been unacceptable, I agree, and I'm sorry for it, but it's nothing more than a delay. Your deposit information just has to be entered into our system as I explained in my previous post.   
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:52:08 PM

Thanks!

We know this isn't a great solution, but it's the only solution right now. We will upgrade the API with a better option, but I don't know when to expect that.
giorgos-pap

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:08:53 PM

Giorgos - The delay has been unacceptable, I agree, and I'm sorry for it, but it's nothing more than a delay. Your deposit information just has to be entered into our system as I explained in my previous post.   

Hi Dargo,
I appreciate your reply but I believe the most important thing in an exchange is trust. With all these problems I lost my faith to Kraken. After all we talk about money.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

Dargo, still no progress.. it's not acceptable behaving like this. Kraken knows I am blocked since 35 days now, so if I am really an exception or unlucky user please give the right priority to this manual process!
Thanks Karim

Karim - I'm sorry for the delay, but this process is going to take a while. Before we can cancel the pending withdrawals, we have to go through them carefully to make sure we don't cancel any that have been sent. Then after we cancel them, the conversion to EUR will need to be done. This will be a highly manual process, so it's likely to go slow. The cancellation step should get done later today, but I don't know at this point how long it will take to do the conversions.  
KrakenTrader

Activity: 102

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:37:14 PM

I had 2 withdraws sent today, 1 was pending for 4 days.  This may be a sign things are moving forward now.  
I requested the second withdraw earlier today, so that was quick turn around.

I have always received great service from Kraken.

@medicine

The same here, I requested a withdrawal (EURO) earlier today,
and already received it - that was quick as always.
Same Day Service for EURO SEPA withdrawals.

I haven't had any issues yet, I love the trading platform, and I appreciate the time Dargo spends
to communicate to Kraken clients here at the forum.

Suggestions ( Dargo/Kraken-team, please read this) :

I guess I am speaking for the most of us Kraken clients when I say:
I hope ( and kinda expect) that the increasing Kraken Trading Volume - which means in turn more fees for Kraken, really does help
to install what we are all looking for.

- A Top Notch Customer Support, which includes:
- Topping up the staff in accounting department to handle delayed deposit/withdrawal issues.
- Working on a better ticket response time ( max.24h , better 12 hours ) + follow up
- For this to reach, you probably should (and I am sure you are working on it) hire and train support staff who is able to communicate and work together with your departments to
really transmit the right information/request to the right staff, to get the best possible answer and solution for your valuable clients

That's what we all want, nothing special - just live and work up to your own expectations - and I am sure,
Kraken is going to be the Number One Exchange by summer 2014.

Dargo and team, you've got our full support - 100 % !!  Smiley

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:51:27 PM

Update on the Fidor situation: The delay will be another business day at least. Hopefully transactions will resume tomorrow, but it could take longer. We realize that the timing couldn't be worse on this with Gox situation, but Fidor is just upgrading their API for our interface with them and there's no risk to anyone's money.  
ICFiedler

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:02:26 PM

Fidor is just upgrading their API for our interface with them and there's no risk to anyone's money.  

It would be great if you could post some evidence of this in form of a document/mail whatever you received from Fidor.

Meanwhile I suggest that you credit customers accounts manually. That takes some time but not too long; after all kraken is still small. But to get huge you need customers faith. And to win that (or not to lose it) nothing is more important than to transfer their money on time.
nagleatorcoin

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:22:22 PM

With the volume of deposits pending now my guess is that the majority of us will not see our deposits credited tomorrow. Disappointing. 'giorgos-pap' unfortunate thing to happen man, thanks for informing us. Goes to show you can't be too careful these days. 
Suppo

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:26:21 PM

Update on the Fidor situation: The delay will be another business day at least. Hopefully transactions will resume tomorrow, but it could take longer. We realize that the timing couldn't be worse on this with Gox situation, but Fidor is just upgrading their API for our interface with them and there's no risk to anyone's money.  

so SEPA transfer will be sent when this Fidor thing is done?
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: