Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:32:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628600 times)
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:51:59 PM

Do you have problems with withdrawing bitcoins again?
I ordered a withdrawal 40 minutes ago, but it's not in the blockchain yet. status is "sending".

Hi Serpens - I can see that a few others are having a similar issue and we're looking into it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suupar

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:20:02 PM

BTC Withdrawal on sending since 2 hours. Fix this please
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:13:48 PM

It doesn't help to be told by Kraken, by way of an explanation for these changes, that 'we aren't interested in the small guys' - that's just short term thinking that will lose business over time. Kraken will become dependent on a small number of big accounts, that can easily switch to a competitor who offers a better deal, rather than having built a broad base of loyal customers with no reason to go elsewhere.

Hi Perambulator - I don't know how you got this message. There's no sense in which the explanation for the new fee structure is that 'we aren't interested in the small guys.' Rather, I was explaining why the fee increase isn't as large for the small guys - how does that add up to not caring about them?   When I said this,

We wouldn't gain much by raising our highest fee to 0.4% over 0.35% and we thought it was more important to have the highest fee start a bit lower.

perhaps I should have added that the reason we felt it was more important to have the highest fee start a bit lower is precisely because of our concern for the small guy.

Edit: perhaps you thought the 80/20 rule I mentioned was a target we were shooting for. If so, that's not the case. It was just a statement of fact about our volume profile. We didn't in any way intend this, it just turns out that the majority of volume is created by a minority of traders. My guess is that it's about the same on most exchanges. That's why it's become a rule, because it has been found to hold across most markets.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:30:47 PM

The issue with stuck bitcoin withdrawals should be fixed now, but please let us know if you are still having a problem.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:20:31 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 03:52:18 PM by Serpens66

The issue with stuck bitcoin withdrawals should be fixed now, but please let us know if you are still having a problem.
thanks.

Kraken Website is very slow at the moment (~30seconds to load). Then some minutes no problem and then slow again.

Edit:
also bitcoin.de was affected and it was a cloudflare problem I think, it's sovled some hours later

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
kitano

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:28:28 AM

Hi Dargo,
what are the technical reasons of these issues? I read that it happened frequently.... I'm worried about this situation.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:48:38 PM

Hi Perambulator - I don't know how you got this message. There's no sense in which the explanation for the new fee structure is that 'we aren't interested in the small guys.' Rather, I was explaining why the fee increase isn't as large for the small guys - how does that add up to not caring about them?   When I said this,

We wouldn't gain much by raising our highest fee to 0.4% over 0.35% and we thought it was more important to have the highest fee start a bit lower.

perhaps I should have added that the reason we felt it was more important to have the highest fee start a bit lower is precisely because of our concern for the small guy.

Edit: perhaps you thought the 80/20 rule I mentioned was a target we were shooting for. If so, that's not the case. It was just a statement of fact about our volume profile. We didn't in any way intend this, it just turns out that the majority of volume is created by a minority of traders. My guess is that it's about the same on most exchanges. That's why it's become a rule, because it has been found to hold across most markets.

Actually it was a combination of the fact that not only have you increased fees, you have dramatically increased the level of volume required to achieve a more advantageous fee..

As an example, I currently trade a little over $50,000, and my fee rate is 0.14%. Under your new terms, I will be charged more than double, at 0.29%. In order to attain a comparable fee schedule of 0.14%, I would have to increase my trade volume from $50,000 to $700,000. That is just incredible, and I don't see how this matches your claim to still be interested in the little guy (and personally I think 50,000$ is not a small amount!)

Thanks for the clarification Perambulator. I'm not sure $50,000 a month in volume is such a small amount.  Smiley But either way, we aren't singling out traders in the range you trade for particularly high fees. Even those who trade over a million USD per month will see an increase from 0.05% to 0.1% - also double the rate. The current fee schedule was intended from the start to be a deeply discounted rate. It was discounted by about 50%, so we needed to double fees in order to have a more sustainable fee structure. So just about everyone will see their rate double, in some cases a bit more than double. The one exception to this is the rate for very low volume levels. The rate for the lowest volume level isn't doubling (going from 0.2% to 0.35%). The reason for this, as I've said, is that there was really no benefit to doubling the fee at this lower range, so we decided to start the fee a bit lower than double at the lowest volume tier.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:02:15 PM

.. seriously, why cant you just be honest, and admit that you want more money, you have identified how to do it based on current usage, and where you want to target customers. Really poor attitude from Kraken and their new approach to 'valued customers'. 

We must have a misunderstanding here, because this is exactly what I've been trying to say. We need a more money because the current fees don't provide enough income to sustain our business. We've looked at our current usage to identify the best way to change the fee structure. Since we need to increase the fees by a factor of 2, the fees for most users are going up by that amount. The exception is at the lowest fee tiers, because, given our usage, there wasn't any advantage to doubling the fees at these tiers. So, instead of starting with a lowest fee of 0.4% (which would double the current fee of 0.2%), we went instead with 0.35%. I don't see how these reasons reflect a poor attitude toward our customers. We're not doing anyone a favor by offering our services at a price that isn't sustainable, and we're not disrespecting people by charging sufficient fees to cover our costs.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:10:51 AM

.. seriously, why cant you just be honest, and admit that you want more money, you have identified how to do it based on current usage, and where you want to target customers. Really poor attitude from Kraken and their new approach to 'valued customers'. 

We must have a misunderstanding here, because this is exactly what I've been trying to say. We need a more money because the current fees don't provide enough income to sustain our business. We've looked at our current usage to identify the best way to change the fee structure. Since we need to increase the fees by a factor of 2, the fees for most users are going up by that amount. The exception is at the lowest fee tiers, because, given our usage, there wasn't any advantage to doubling the fees at these tiers. So, instead of starting with a lowest fee of 0.4% (which would double the current fee of 0.2%), we went instead with 0.35%. I don't see how these reasons reflect a poor attitude toward our customers. We're not doing anyone a favor by offering our services at a price that isn't sustainable, and we're not disrespecting people by charging sufficient fees to cover our costs.

There is no misunderstanding as to your motives (its clear you need money) - however there is an email from your company that attempts to portray this increase in fees as being 'good for valued customers', there is a sightly confused post on your website which speaks of simplification while adding complication via FEE credits, there is a seriously huge increase in your charges, and an attempt to rub some vaseline on the butts of existing customers so they smile while getting shafted.

I hate to say it, but its also bad timing to do this, while there are people reporting problems with your platform in terms of withdrawals.

I am in complete agreement with you on the content of the email. It ignored the fee increase entirely and came off as cheap marketing-speak. ICFielder was the first to point this out and as I said in my reply to him, I've raised this issue with our team and will do everything I can to prevent this type of email in the future.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg8223658#msg8223658
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:36:02 PM

Hi Dargo,
what are the technical reasons of these issues? I read that it happened frequently.... I'm worried about this situation.

Hi kitano - sorry it took a little while to get back to you, but I wanted to check with the dev team on this. It don't think it's been very frequent, but recently it does seem like it's been a bit more frequent. There's no security concern, but of course the delays are inconvenient. I have to be very vague because we are paranoid about security and don't like to give any details about our infrastructure. We have a bunch of security protocols that protect our withdrawal services. This can create two problems. First, we sometimes trip over our own security wires when we're working on the site. Second, the security measures can sometimes make the withdrawal services a bit unstable (leading to the stuck withdrawals). This second thing has been a bit more frequent lately and we are looking into it now to find the reason. We of course want withdrawals to be as reliable as possible, but we are also very security conscious and are willing to sacrifice a bit of reliability for enhanced security. We are working to get to the point where there's no trade-off at all. Maximum security and reliability is our goal. I know this is vague, but I hope it helps.  Smiley 
Fixx

Activity: 535
Merit: 501

EMC

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:35:07 AM

Oк, Dargo!

Well, as it can take a lot of time?
Approximately what date will be known to the query result?

Hi Fixx - good news. An internal search by Fidor showed that your wire was never sent (because it didn't have your name on it). So, Fidor will send the wire on Monday 8/4 and you should have it in your account within 5 business days after that. Obviously it shouldn't have taken so long to find it, but what happened is that the search process got stuck in the step of trying to contact your bank (Fidor sent a SWIFT message and was waiting to hear back). We've noticed that a lot of cases get stuck this way, and a variety of avenues need to be explored in every case (rather than just sending a SWIFT message), so we've been working with Fidor on trying other approaches to make progress. We're still developing the new procedures, but already we're getting more cases solved more quickly. Again, I'm very sorry for the delay with your transfer, but I think we've got it sorted out now. It won't truly be solved till you have your money, though, and that will take a bit longer.   

5 business days had passed - where's my money !?

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:29:48 PM

Oк, Dargo!

Hi Fixx - good news. An internal search by Fidor showed that your wire was never sent (because it didn't have your name on it). So, Fidor will send the wire on Monday 8/4 and you should have it in your account within 5 business days after that. Obviously it shouldn't have taken so long to find it, but what happened is that the search process got stuck in the step of trying to contact your bank (Fidor sent a SWIFT message and was waiting to hear back). We've noticed that a lot of cases get stuck this way, and a variety of avenues need to be explored in every case (rather than just sending a SWIFT message), so we've been working with Fidor on trying other approaches to make progress. We're still developing the new procedures, but already we're getting more cases solved more quickly. Again, I'm very sorry for the delay with your transfer, but I think we've got it sorted out now. It won't truly be solved till you have your money, though, and that will take a bit longer.   

Hi Fixx - yes, you should have it by now. I'm checking to confirm the date it was sent and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back on this.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:05:32 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 04:44:49 AM by Serpens66

Hey Dargo, again stuck bitcoin withdrawal =/ (the last ~15 hours everything was fine)

edit: 2 hours later it has been sent.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:42:22 PM

Oк, Dargo!

Hi Fixx - yes, you should have it by now. I'm checking to confirm the date it was sent and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back on this.

Fixx confirmed by PM that he has his payment now.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:08:38 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 06:21:15 PM by Dargo

New API Rate: The API rate limit has been increased for account Tiers 1-3 Edit: Tier 3.

Old rate: 1 call every 5 seconds with a burst of 10.

New rate: 1 call every 3 seconds with a burst of 15.

The details, in terms of the count system for the rate limit, are as follows (changes in bold):

Max count before lockout: 15             (lockout is for 15 minutes)

Count increment for order add/cancel calls: +0

Count increment for ledger/trade history calls: +2

Count increment for all other calls: +1

Count reduced by 1 every: 3 seconds
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:23:34 PM

New API Rate: The API rate limit has been increased for account Tiers 1-3 Edit: Tier 3.

Old rate: 1 call every 5 seconds with a burst of 10.

New rate: 1 call every 3 seconds with a burst of 15.

The details, in terms of the count system for the rate limit, are as follows (changes in bold):

Max count before lockout: 15             (lockout is for 15 minutes)

Count increment for order add/cancel calls: +0

Count increment for ledger/trade history calls: +2

Count increment for all other calls: +1

Count reduced by 1 every: 3 seconds

Note edit above - rate limit increase is for Tier 3 only. The rate limit for Tier 1-2 is the same as before (1 call every 5 seconds with a burst of 10 - i.e. the max count is 10 and the count is reduced by 1 every 5 seconds).
marlowe75

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:23:35 PM

I just deposited 1.7 BTC in my account and it's still not showing up. The transaction has 10 confirmations now. Is there something wrong with BTC deposit ?
Regards
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:43:28 PM

I just deposited 1.7 BTC in my account and it's still not showing up. The transaction has 10 confirmations now. Is there something wrong with BTC deposit ?
Regards

Hi marlowe - please make a ticket for this so we can assist you. I'm not aware of any general issue with BTC deposits, so it may be an issue specific to your account.
marlowe75

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:14:10 PM

Hey, i already opened a ticket. I'm just kinda afraid BTC might drop and i won't be able to trade my BTC in time  Cry
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:20:42 PM

Hey, i already opened a ticket. I'm just kinda afraid BTC might drop and i won't be able to trade my BTC in time  Cry

OK - you can PM me your ticket number if you'd like my assistance.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: