Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Majixagi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:19:19 AM

Wait, so they shipped ONE X1? I guess we can all go home now, great success!  Roll Eyes

At this rate some lucky fellas  will get paperweights as gifts just in time for Christmas!

Yes, but they are paperweights with fans. And network cables. And free Raspberry Pie. Yum!

has not sold out
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 02:19:22 AM

Notice how the dude with all the updates just stopped posting.

Every  manufacture gets the greed bug. I remember when KNC was all about customer service to the max. Once people started to dump major pre-order money on them they took off and went with it and now have one of the largest mining data centers in the world. All built on money from other people. Customer's are suffering and it seems to be everywhere. There really should be some ACCOUNTABILITY.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
huryde

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 02:31:29 AM

Haters gonna hate... Better late than never. Hopefully.

Dot99lr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:32:39 AM

Notice how the dude with all the updates just stopped posting.

David lives in Netherlands where it's about 4:30  am, he's probably sleeping.
ducmami

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:48:49 AM

Seriously? This is China, not Japan. Chinese crimes against the Chinese government are serious, Chinese crimes against Chinese people are considerably less so, but Chinese crimes against foreigners are a badge of honor. You could get the best class action lawyers in the US to look at this and I'll bet he'd tell you. A. It's China we can't win, B. It's China they'll never face any kind of justice, C. It's China, the US laws backing us are useless, D. You're SOL

Correct!
So, with Chinese, we can only  f**k thier ass
@David
What about batch#1 customers?
You can not post some pictures and say me wait...
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 04:17:40 AM

Haters gonna hate... Better late than never. Hopefully.

You're not fucking serious, are you?

5 delays +. No fucking hate, just pointing out the obvious.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
david105396

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:39:01 AM

Seriously? This is China, not Japan. Chinese crimes against the Chinese government are serious, Chinese crimes against Chinese people are considerably less so, but Chinese crimes against foreigners are a badge of honor. You could get the best class action lawyers in the US to look at this and I'll bet he'd tell you. A. It's China we can't win, B. It's China they'll never face any kind of justice, C. It's China, the US laws backing us are useless, D. You're SOL

Correct!
@David

We cannot disclose information about the shipping of customer products. However I can confirm that more units have been shipped than just this order and the X-1 to MS.

Black Arrow Support
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:11:43 AM

Correct!
@David

We cannot disclose information about the shipping of customer products. However I can confirm that more units have been shipped than just this order and the X-1 to MS.

Will MS start distributing their X-1 orders soon? I am ready to pick up any time!
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:26:33 AM

Looking back at this thread I'm not surprised at the situation...

I wish you all the best with obtaining products that actually work, however, based on how bad Black Arrow fucked up the Drillbit board production using sub-par components I wouldn't plug in anything produced by this company.  Good luck!!

Barntech / bobsag, can you please confirm or deny this?

Drillbit / Bobsag3 they both had production runs through BlackArrow for their relative boards correct?

That is correct. They built my bitfury boards, and assembled the drillbit boards.

From Barntech,while BTCtalk was down:

Hey guys.

So we believe we have discovered the source of the problem. Basically we are looking at a bad inductor at LP1 which in turn in causing the regulator at U20 to fail and in some cases burn up. The fix is to replace the inductor, and if the regulator chip has failed, replace it also. All the boards out there that are experiencing the ?no green light? symptom have had the regulator fail and will need both components replaced. The good news is that this issue is isolated and doesn?t affect the rest of the boards. Everything else is solid.

We?re really sorry for the inconvenience this causes, and we?re determined to make it right. The bad components weren?t present in our original prototypes, and as you know the boards often mine successfully for hours or days before failing so the problem didn?t show up when the factory tested the pre-production boards or when we tested them before sending them out. In the interest of getting everyone mining quickly we chose to only test the boards for about 15 minutes and in that 15 minute none of them failed.

Now though, with the boards being run for longer, under different conditions, we are seeing it. Sigh. At least we know what it is and how to fix it, so that?s the next step.

First things first, stop running your boards. If they haven?t failed now, there is a pretty good chance they will at some point. Swapping out the LP1 inductor is a reasonably simple task. Swapping out the U20 regulator after it fails is not so simple. The more of these boards we can get to before the regulator goes the better. Its not worth getting a few extra days of hashing to potentially make the boards harder to repair and lose more time in the long run. STOP RUNNING THEM UNTIL THIS PART IS REPLACED.

We are coming up with a couple alternative solutions for replacing these parts.

Replacing just the inductor (green light on)

This is the good news option - you?ve powered off the board while the green light was still coming on.

Option 1 - DIY Inductor Replacement

Once we have selected and tested a suitable replacement inductor we?ll publish it for you all. Those of you we feel confident with a soldering iron, or have a friend who is handy with soldering can replace it yourselves.  We will publish a detailed instructional video on how to do this. This will be the quickest and cheapest way, but please only choose to do this if you are confident that you know what you?re doing. We can?t take responsibility for your boards once you start tinkering with them.

Option 2 - Send the board back

For those of you who don?t feel confident replacing the inductor yourselves, we will get them shipped either back here to us for repair or to a local repairer closer to you. We?re currently looking into overseas repair options so boards won?t necesarily have to come all the way back to Australia, though it may be easier in the long run. I?ll see what i can come up with.

Replacing inductor and regulator (no green light)

If your boards have already lost the regulator chip (no green light) then you will need to send them in so both the inductor and regulator can be replaced, unless you are VERY capable replacing chips on PCB boards, if you believe you are, then you are welcome to have a go at this too, but just know that the regulator chiup has 16 tiny little feet that all need to be soldered.

Source:
http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=196.45

Hey guys.

Have updated the first page. It looks a little something like this: ... (in short, good news!  Cheesy )

**** Update 10-12-13****

Hey guys. OK i'm back, had a great weekend away and came back to good news! The team have implemented the fix into 30 boards and they have been running successfully for two days. Cheesy Looks like we're in business. I am shipping out those 30 boards now and the rest will be ready and tested tomorrow. We have passed the info on to our repairers in the states and the U.K. so we are ready to go into full repair mode.

Can everyone who is keen on doing the fix themselves please write to me so i can make note of who you are and pass on the relevant information.

Thanks everyone for your patience in this. We are truly almost out of it now. Can't wait to get this done so we can move onto future plans!!

I've noticed tensions have been running high and i understand it completely. It certainly has been a frustrating situation. But please don't take it out on the people helping make all this happen. This has been an amazing community effort and has been so wonderful to see everyone band together and solve this situation as a group. Massive thanks to TK1337 and Milkbottlec for stepping up to help out with repairs and going way above and beyond. Massive thanks to Lajz for keeping the forum running smoothly. And to everyone for chucking in your thoughts to help get to the bottom of it all.

As for what actually went wrong here, unfortunately we don't really know. Could have been bad or fake parts, could have been bad workmanship putting the parts on. As for the design, we are almost 100% sure that the chosen parts were right and the design sound, but i guess its possible that they just weren't up for the job. On paper there was plenty of overhead in there. Its kind of impossible to say really. But hey, we've found a way around and the boards now work. Thats the main thing.

Now i imagine things are going to get a bit messy with packages all over the place so please make it easier for me and let me know the status of your stuff. First thing i need to know is everyone doing their own repairs.

Oh and there is a new firmware that is running very smoothly indeed. More on that soon.  Smiley

Thanks guys.

Barntech

Source: http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=206.msg1332#msg1332

Just so you all are aware...every single board had to be fixed by hand due to them either using fake/bad parts or shitty assembly. 

Glizlack

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:28:50 AM

I am waiting to see minersource comments on this. I guess he is waiting to have them in hand to comment more. Just a few more days we will know more.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tracyhh

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:21:30 AM

Wait, so they shipped ONE X1? I guess we can all go home now, great success!  Roll Eyes

they just shipped one X1 maybe because I called police....

I have called local police this week..
tracyhh

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:33:28 AM

they just shipped one X1 maybe because I called police....

I have called local police this week..

I still received nothing..I request refunds but they refused...

I told them, but no one reply me now....strange..

I will also tell local media and consumers' association if necessary or take them to court..

for now police is been involved in this case..and I will be happy if anyone want refund also,and if necessary for police ,and if anyone wish, I will collect all documents the police  need..when we be a group, we stronger!

anything new I will update..
AchrafB

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:53:28 AM

and i feel like the difficulty will be ignited within 3 months ahead...  Undecided

BTC: 1Hqwet9aNBifehWRptzKyBKnvgw4VzeHh8
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:57:03 PM

The sick part of this, if these were actually delivered in february there would be no issues. People would have at least been 90% close to breaking even by now, if not even. It is hard to say just how much you are out, all speculation. What is easy to say is that the 100 gh/s is going to be nothing in a few months, you know, when they actually get around to shipping these damn things.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 01:58:48 PM

This company's rating has changed in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide.

sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:12:59 PM

C+ nice now just to get A+

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Majixagi

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:22:43 PM

This company's rating has changed in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide.

It looks to me like it stayed the same?

"Black Arrow held due to imminent product launch."

has not sold out
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:14:58 PM

Since the promised compensation is tied to the shipping date, it's my guess this one miner was shipped out to lock down the compensation metric against the going rate for shipping gigahash/price.  As the longer the delay was carrying on, the worse it was getting.

So now that we know when shipping started, one could figure out what the ratio is of miners that are in stock and shipping and gauge what the compensation should be.

Why else ship one miner and say shipping has begun?

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:58:02 PM

Minersource confirmed by phone on Friday they have a shipment on the way to them with more to follow.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:40:12 PM

Yea? can Bobsag get on here and let us know whatever happened to the very first X-1 that was supposedly in transit to him?  Did it every arrive?  Does it work?  Its been over a week, and David has no problem giving minute by minute updates on his X-1, and yet, no one seems to care about the very first one supposedly shipped.
Tracking shows delivery by end of day Monday.
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: