Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:50:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitminter client (Windows/Linux/Mac)  (Read 654606 times)
Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:04:48 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 08:44:48 PM by Mike18feb

Dunno what's wrong but I cannot login anymore with the Bitminter client, bad credentials. I've reset the credentials a couple of times, but the client keeps complaining about the credentials.
I've fired up cgminer and no probs there with those same credentials.

Edit: tried uninstalling the client by removing the stuff from the Java cache, but after installing the "new" client, I get the same Bad Credentials error.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Youngbill

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:54:00 AM

Check to see if any letters in your user name are caps. My iPad auto caps the first letter an I was having a similar problem.
micalith

Activity: 894
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:54:28 PM

I can't get the btminter mining button to work on firefox, nor chrome. I'm running ubuntu 11.10, and have OpenJDK Java 7 Runtime and Iced Tea Java Web Start 6 installed. When I click on the button in chrome, it just downloads the bitminter.jnlp file. In Firefox, it tries to run it, but running it in Firefox isn't right as it just opens an empty window. The button ran fine on the Windows 7 PC. any ideas?
dominicus

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:51:56 PM

Help me, I start the client and when a click on the mining button (play), the client just crash and quit. How can I fix it ?

It probably leaves a hs_err_pid crash log on your desktop (could also be in a temporary folder, not easy to find), which says problematic frame: amdocl.dll - a crash in the AMD OpenCL driver.

AMD has been unable to create proper drivers in 2013 so far. They work for some people, but for many they either crash all miners or some miners.

You can try installing the latest beta, maybe they finally managed to do something right, or you could try a 2012 driver. Even if you get a proper driver the AMD uninstaller doesn't work (never has since AMD was founded), and it may leave behind files that will cause miners to still crash. You could try the cleanup utility at AMD website, or driver sweeper from guru3d, or manual cleanup as discussed here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=359883

I just tested with an ASICminer USB erupter on OS X.  Does not work.

Did you install the FTDI driver? In BitMinter client when you click "devices" -> "probe all ports" in the menu it will give you a link to download the drivers if no ASIC or FPGA is detected.

Would you consider a LiteCoin Java Miner when BTC difficulty goes through the roof?

Once I have the important BTC stuff under control, I will have a look at LTC and see if it makes sense.

also, my 2 GPUs seem to only run at about 89-90% of maximum on BitMinter (using GUIminer) - yet when I was on Slush's, one ran at a constant 99%, and the other at 93-98%.
Again, is there any way to tweak it to get maximum constant output?

There shouldn't be any difference there. I doubt this issue has to do with which pool you're mining with.

My rig profitability would be 40% higher mining LTC at current BTC difficulties.  I hate the thought of using other than Bitminter client.  Any progress in porting the excellent client to Litecoin?

Help me troubleshoot my BTC address.
Send some coins here: 1FkQS1RuEmSppCPdGPVGHtc4aj2nBiHAYF
If I don't return your test transfer, it must be having issues still.
Youngbill

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:18:49 PM

+1

My rig profitability would be 40% higher mining LTC at current BTC difficulties.  I hate the thought of using other than Bitminter client.  Any progress in porting the excellent client to Litecoin?
[/quote]
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:44:00 PM

+1
+1
vpereira

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:24:46 PM

BitMinter client version 1.4.0 is out.

Changes from 1.3.2 to 1.4.0:
  • Added support for BFL SC (Butterfly Labs ASIC)
  • Fix hashrate measurements for ASICMiner Block Erupter USB
  • Fix hashrate gauge being stuck on non-zero value when you stop mining while
      in performance mode, then leave performance mode
  • Mac OS X: Fix "probe all ports" to find ASICMiner Block Erupter USB
  • Mac OS X: Use screen menu and dock icon, like other Mac apps
  • Default to scanning all ports for external devices on startup
  • Remove yellow and red zones and warning light on gauges
  • Remove green zone on gauges for devices where we can't determine stock
      hashrate. BFL FPGA, BFL ASIC, Icarus-compatible devices (hashrate varies).
  • Recognize more devices

Try it out:
http://bitminter.com/images/start.png

If you have issues with 1.4.0 then you can still get the previous release (1.3.2) at http://bitminter.com/client/1.3.2/bitminter.jnlp

Next up will be Stratum and backup pools.

sorry if i missed it, i really searched thru this thread.. im using bitminter with a part of my cluster, and because of logistic (hub port and psu) i would like to put 2 x6500 to run on a bitminter client.. does it support it?
wlwesq

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 10:36:56 AM

Running the 1.4.0 beta client on my MacBook Pro (10.8.4) as a standalone java runtime app with two ASIC USB miners.

It's the only miner I can get to work on my system. MacMiner's CPU miner is fine, but all other miners croak and give me errors.

So, I'm happy as a clam so far. Thanks!
kdbaumann

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:47:18 AM

sorry if i missed it, i really searched thru this thread.. im using bitminter with a part of my cluster, and because of logistic (hub port and psu) i would like to put 2 x6500 to run on a bitminter client.. does it support it?

Would love to know if you fully support x6500's also.  Ie; I can move away from mpbm...
DickMS

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:23:06 PM

Hey, Doc - love the client, and am eagerly awaiting LTC support, since I can't seem to get my rigs doing anything in that realm with cgminer for some arcane reason.

I've been looking at the CDF's for weeks, and I'm pretty sure that they are not evenly distributed. There are far too many in the 90th percentile and 10th percentile than would be expected... Any idea why that might be? Are we doing something wrong, somehow? I'll post real data later today, for you to look at...

Thanks, again, for a wonderful client!
-- DickMS
DickMS

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:21:41 PM

OK, here's the frequencies for the last 200 BTC blocks.... as I suspected, the outer ends are more heavily weighted:

Frequencieslast 200percent

Here's the same data broken down by quartiles:
Frequencieslast 200percent

Admittedly, that's only the last 200 samples, but the analysis is disturbing... this represents (at 4 blocks per day) about 50 days of data.
BTW, to be clear, the table values mean the actual number of data points between the bin boundaries, and their percentages. For example:

means that, in the range of 0 to 25%, there were 55 samples; and that represents 27.5% of the 200 samples in the dataset...

I'd have to be more of a statistician (or an actuary) to know how readily the statistics of small samples would allow this kind of variance, but perhaps it's something someone should look into, in case there's an as-yet-undiscovered peculiarity in the algorithms?

-- DickMS
matreciman

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:58:05 PM

I have been trying to get bitminter up and running on my Pi for quite a while now. I have managed to get java installed and bitminter launches and downloads its own files after clicking the link on the page. But during the loading it pops up an error saying "JNA native support (/com/sun/jna/linux-arm/libjnidispatch.so) not found in resource path"

I have the icedtea web launcher and everything seems to work fine other than missing this one .so file. I am not sure how to get this to work since that /com/sun/blah blah isn't a path I can move the .so file to. Any suggestions? I would really like to be able to use the Pi to control my erupters instead of having to use my main PC!
dominicus

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:34:21 AM

Hey, Doc - love the client, and am eagerly awaiting LTC support, since I can't seem to get my rigs doing anything in that realm with cgminer for some arcane reason.

I've been looking at the CDF's for weeks, and I'm pretty sure that they are not evenly distributed. There are far too many in the 90th percentile and 10th percentile than would be expected... Any idea why that might be? Are we doing something wrong, somehow? I'll post real data later today, for you to look at...

-- DickMS

I'm on similar situation.  Tried some LTC clients, but couldn't get them to run.  I've stopped BTC mining at this point...may consider again if/when bitminter comes out with an LTC minter.

tinus42

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:07:52 PM

I just got a USB Block Erupter and installed it properly and started minting with the Bitminter client.

After 2 hours it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Here's a screenshot:

The speedometer is still showing 0.00 Mhps but on the top right the current hashrate is shown.

It sometimes give "Connection timed out".

I set it to Use port 80 (firewall friendly) in the settings because I have a crappy modem that blocks many ports.

Advice would be welcome.  Smiley
matreciman

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:06:35 AM

I just got a USB Block Erupter and installed it properly and started minting with the Bitminter client.

Here's a screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/hyxzGQU.png?1

The speedometer is still showing 0.00 Mhps but on the top right the current hashrate is shown.

I set it to Use port 80 (firewall friendly) in the settings because I have a crappy modem that blocks many ports.

Did you type in your pool info correct? Username and password formatted correctly?
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 01:09:42 AM

-- DickMS

I'm on similar situation.  Tried some LTC clients, but couldn't get them to run.  I've stopped BTC mining at this point...may consider again if/when bitminter comes out with an LTC minter.

Stopped my 2 gpu's today as well, .0197 per day just isnt gonna cut it.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:14:15 AM

-- DickMS

If you want to mine litecoin, I coded a guiminer that's in my sig.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
dominicus

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:52:20 PM

-- DickMS

I couldn't get this LTC client to run on two PC's I tried.  I'm kind of liking the peace not hearing them GPU fans roaring nonstop.  The profit was really minimal in either BTC or LTC for the pain involved.  The bitminter java client was the painless one of the bunch, but alas, no LTC support and not worth running on GPU's anymore.

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 05:03:23 PM

-- DickMS

I'm on similar situation.  Tried some LTC clients, but couldn't get them to run.  I've stopped BTC mining at this point...may consider again if/when bitminter comes out with an LTC minter.

I couldn't get this LTC client to run on two PC's I tried.  I'm kind of liking the peace not hearing them GPU fans roaring nonstop.  The profit was really minimal in either BTC or LTC for the pain involved.  The bitminter java client was the painless one of the bunch, but alas, no LTC support and not worth running on GPU's anymore.

ditto, plus the wife was complaining about the electricity bill! hosted only for me from here on out.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
tinus42

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:11:38 PM

Here's a screenshot:

Did you type in your pool info correct? Username and password formatted correctly?

I downloaded bitminter.jnlp again, now it works.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: