Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:11:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitminter client (Windows/Linux/Mac)  (Read 654620 times)
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 09:11:43 PM

upgraded to Ubuntu 13.04 and same problem again with BFL LS that it stops after ~1-2 hours and not starting automatically again (exept for starting BitMinter client manually new)

I'll add an option in the next version to rescan the same ports over and over. It will be spammy but I think in your case it can help to re-detect the device after it apparently breaks down for a while and suddenly begins working again.

Is it possible for you to test it on a different computer, does it run the same?

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trekkie

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:23:12 PM

Actually, here's what I get now.

https://i.imgur.com/54JAT2G.png

I rebooted my Windows 8 machine running this and two of those miner sticks and got those messages, however shortly after they started mining no issues.

Did you happen to let it sit for a bit after pushing start?
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 09:16:12 PM

How long after you start the engine is it before the hashing begins?  The GUI shows that it has been running for 38 minutes and no activity.

It should start immediately if name/pass is already entered, otherwise it pops up a window and waits for that.

Did you enter names and password?

Any messages in the log? If not, try turning on verbose logging in the "settings" menu and see if there are any.

DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 09:38:09 PM

Further, at the bottom left it says 'Icarus Com8 started'.

And no error messages about Icarus timing out, or so?

Does it show "Icarus (COM8)" in the device list above the log?

DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 10:10:42 PM

The website stats for my worker shows that I'm hashing, but the GUI speedometer is stuck at zero.  In addition I have a lot of connection messages:

Ah. This is a weird bug I'm trying to track down. Sometimes the hashrate display doesn't update.

If you see the hashrate on the website and you see accepted proofs of work ticking up (yellow boxes in the client), then things are working. I'll hopefully figure out the broken hashrate display in the client soon.

The connect/disconnect messages are normal. The client connects and disconnects to the server on demand.

casilan

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:56:28 AM

Not sure if anyone else do have the same issue.

I have a laptop.
Running with Windows 8, it seems to be using the OpenCL implementation fine and my 2 graphics card could be use for mining.
Running with an Ubuntu 64 12.04.3, the client can't seem to detect the OpenCL on the system.

I have tried looking high and low to get the OpenCL headers installed, but the client could not detect the OpenCL on the system and will not use the 2 graphics card.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 08:14:19 AM

Not sure if anyone else do have the same issue.

I have a laptop.
Running with Windows 8, it seems to be using the OpenCL implementation fine and my 2 graphics card could be use for mining.
Running with an Ubuntu 64 12.04.3, the client can't seem to detect the OpenCL on the system.

I have tried looking high and low to get the OpenCL headers installed, but the client could not detect the OpenCL on the system and will not use the 2 graphics card.

OpenCL headers won't help, those are only for programming OpenCL. You need OpenCL capable drivers.

You probably have some open source drivers installed. As far as I know those still don't support OpenCL. You'll need proprietary drivers from AMD, assuming it is an AMD GPU.

Miner99er

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:47:52 PM

DrHaribo,

is there a log somewhere that I can view in event viewer? I have a BFL unit that drops out randomly and while I await for an RMA, I just want to set the machine to reboot if the unit disconnects. As for BFL, I already got a hold of them via e-mail today (saw what you want about shipping, their support is quick as hell) and I'm awaiting the RMA ok from them.

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 11:44:05 PM

DrHaribo,

is there a log somewhere that I can view in event viewer? I have a BFL unit that drops out randomly and while I await for an RMA, I just want to set the machine to reboot if the unit disconnects. As for BFL, I already got a hold of them via e-mail today (saw what you want about shipping, their support is quick as hell) and I'm awaiting the RMA ok from them.

BitMinter client does not log to the Windows event logging system, if that's what you mean. I'll have a new version ready soon that can rescan the same ports over and over. So if the device reappears but is still unresponsive for a while, it will still get picked up when it starts working again.

Or do you really have to reboot to fix this situation? "devices" -> "probe all ports"  doesn't help?

Miner99er

Activity: 310

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 03:32:49 AM

Contacted BFL this morning, they got back to me this afternoon... after a few back and forth e-mails they sent me an RMA number.

Say what you must about their shitty shipping practices, their RMA and support service is amazing...

But yeah, it took an entire reboot to find the damn device. I would run for an hour+/- and disconnect. Two different computers, both x86/X64, same issue.

Wasn't just Bitminter, BFGminer, & CGminer all had issues after it disconnected. It's a faulty unit... I was just hoping there was a log I could call to on disconnect and reboot the machine when it happened.

95% uptime over 3 days (today, tomorrow, Sunday) is better than no up-time for what looks like 6 or 7 now. It'll get shipped out Monday with a 2 day turn around. *sigh*

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 02:47:13 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 11:48:12 PM by DrHaribo

BitMinter client v1.4.2beta1 is ready for testing.

New:
  • Remove password from credentials dialog, mark worker name as optional.
  • Support rescanning all ports repeatedly, not just probing new ports once.
      Useful for those with usb ports or devices that go haywire but begin
      functioning again a few minutes later. This option is available under
      "settings" -> "options" in the menu, under the "devices" tab.
  • No more warnings about missing settings for Codebase and Permissions in
      java console of newer java versions
  • Attempt to fix hashrate gauges not working for some users

Please check it out:

DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 07:41:53 PM

BitMinter client version 1.4.2 is out.

Changes from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2:
  • Remove password from credentials dialog, mark worker name as optional.
  • Support rescanning all ports repeatedly, not just probing new ports once.
      Useful for those with usb ports or devices that go haywire but begin
      functioning again a few minutes later. This option is available under
      "settings" -> "options" in the menu, under the "devices" tab.
  • No more warnings about missing settings for Codebase and Permissions in
      java console of newer java versions

Try it out:

If you have issues with 1.4.2 then you can still get the previous release (1.4.1) at https://bitminter.com/client/1.4.1/bitminter.jnlp

ziggysisland

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:40:10 PM

Has anyone else noticed this new version of Bitminter Sucks??
I have multiple computers at multiple locations running different versions of windows (Vista & 7), for the last 3 months, NO problems worth mentioning, it was great, they would run for a week with not even a hiccup, now IF it can see all my USB miners when it starts they only last a few mins then it's like all the USB's "Freeze" they all go solid Christmas tree but the bitminter app says they are still running but the rate never changes again, the video cards on the computers will still mine but all the usbs on all my different hubs just quit...
I had stayed with bitminter for months because it was stable, I am away a lot of hours & I hardly ever came home to issues that were not power related, or broadband down...  Now it's another story & I don't have the time to put into it for a return of $10 a day tops.
Whatever the bitminter people did, the java script now takes longer to load & all I have its problems - Anyone have ideas worth mentioning??  If I could get a old version somehow I would just run it..
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 04:59:27 AM

The post above has a link to the previous version in case you have problems with the new release. There's also a bunch of different versions available under the "tools" menu on the website.

The only changes in the new version are listed above. I don't think your problems are related to the new version. I don't see why it would take longer to load either. That the devices lock up, including the hashrate, sounds like a driver issue. Perhaps reinstalling the silabs drivers can help.

StuffOfInterest

Activity: 401

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:25:55 PM

Has anyone else had issues where the BitMinter client stops recognizing Block Erupter USB devices?

I have seven of them on one computer (six on a hub and one in a direct port).  They were running fine for a week.  Yesterday I shutdown the computer to do some work on it.  After I restarted it BitMinter would only see five of the devices.  If I go into Device Manager I still see all seven listed under USB devices.  In trying to diagnose the issue I moved one of the non-responding Erupters to a different USB port.  It started responding again, as a different COM port.  Moved it back, not visible.

Tried shuting the computer down and powering back up.  Devices show in Device Manager (with driver) but are still not seen by BitMinter.

Stopped BitMinter and took all of the Erupters out of the hub.  Put them back in one at a time and tried to have BitMinter rescan the ports.  Now BitMinter won't see any of the Erupters.  As of when I left home this morning nothing was visible.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Also, does anyone know if there is a way to test an Erupter outside of BitMinter?  My guess is it should be possible to point a terminal emulator at one of the COM ports and fire a few commands through it to at least get a response. 

FYI, this is on an I7-2600K processor based machine running Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
brioche

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:59:07 PM

Has anyone else had issues where the BitMinter client stops recognizing Block Erupter USB devices?

I have seven of them on one computer (six on a hub and one in a direct port).  They were running fine for a week.  Yesterday I shutdown the computer to do some work on it.  After I restarted it BitMinter would only see five of the devices.  If I go into Device Manager I still see all seven listed under USB devices.  In trying to diagnose the issue I moved one of the non-responding Erupters to a different USB port.  It started responding again, as a different COM port.  Moved it back, not visible.

Tried shuting the computer down and powering back up.  Devices show in Device Manager (with driver) but are still not seen by BitMinter.

Stopped BitMinter and took all of the Erupters out of the hub.  Put them back in one at a time and tried to have BitMinter rescan the ports.  Now BitMinter won't see any of the Erupters.  As of when I left home this morning nothing was visible.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Also, does anyone know if there is a way to test an Erupter outside of BitMinter?  My guess is it should be possible to point a terminal emulator at one of the COM ports and fire a few commands through it to at least get a response. 

FYI, this is on an I7-2600K processor based machine running Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks.

I'm having the same problems. At first I thought it was something wrong with the hub, but after some testing with other clients all seemed well. I've got 3 Erupters running ATM but just a couple hours ago I was having to unplug them and hook em back in, probe the ports and what not just to get em to work again.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 07:30:20 PM

When block erupters fail and don't come back, what happens when you go "devices" -> "probe all ports" in the menu? Are there any errors or messages at all about those COM/tty ports?

StuffOfInterest

Activity: 401

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:58:20 AM

When block erupters fail and don't come back, what happens when you go "devices" -> "probe all ports" in the menu? Are there any errors or messages at all about those COM/tty ports?

Probe doesn't see anything, no errors or any other messages.  The only message is that no external devices were found.  It acts like the device isn't there at all.

When I first returned home I tried doing a probe of ports and managed to see six of the seven.  In continuing to diagnose the issue I stopped BitMinter and started it up again.  The Erupters all went away again.

I have managed to get a few of the Erupters back online.  It required a cold start of the computer but then four of the seven started talking again.

I'm tempted to try another client and see if it can detect the Erupters.  Any suggestions?

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
techman05

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 12:26:01 AM

Hi I'm using cgminer and my eroupters all went down recently marked as dead though it seemed like it was trying to revive with no luck. It probably has nothing to do with bit minter it self but it was wierd it started happening after joining this pool.

I do have to ask on another note how I can set the difficulty for my mining in this pool. It feels like for my 6 europters I'm not getting alot of shares at difficulty 2 which was sufficient on btcGuild and way to low for whatever eclipseMC thought of my mining. I haven't tripped over an auto set mode so i can get an idea what bitminter thinks is appropriate difficulty for my current and future speeds.

Thanks for any help or guidance on either matter

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 05:27:14 AM

I'm tempted to try another client and see if it can detect the Erupters.  Any suggestions?

You could try bfgminer. It uses the same drivers I believe.

Hi I'm using cgminer and my eroupters all went down recently marked as dead though it seemed like it was trying to revive with no luck. It probably has nothing to do with bit minter it self but it was wierd it started happening after joining this pool.

Any error messages? Did you try if running with just 1 erupter works? Did you try reinstalling the driver?

I do have to ask on another note how I can set the difficulty for my mining in this pool. It feels like for my 6 europters I'm not getting alot of shares at difficulty 2 which was sufficient on btcGuild and way to low for whatever eclipseMC thought of my mining. I haven't tripped over an auto set mode so i can get an idea what bitminter thinks is appropriate difficulty for my current and future speeds.

The Bitminter server will auto adjust your difficulty. Setting a minimum difficulty is most useful right after you connect to the server, making the initial difficulty ramp up less bumpy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: