Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 10:18:43 AM

I have multiple voting methods coded for community testing (per utopianfuture's proposal) I just need a way to send and receive API calls in PHP. The below example returns NULL... Suggestions?
Code:
<?php

$result get_web_page('http://node6.mynxt.info:7874/nxt?requestType=getBalance&account=10006970057300228034');

var_dump($result);
?>

maybe something with php settings?

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Emule

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:19:13 AM

26 january no client again, not even  glimps, smell fish

no trace CFB  mmmm
BaiMangal

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:19:53 AM

IDEA TO SPREAD NXT

I am a member of the biggest (huge) bulgarian forum for poker. We have 10k+ members visiting the forum. I have bean spreading the nxt idea constantly there.
I know the owner of the forum very well and he offered that he can organise a freeroll poker tournament where the prizes can be in nxt.

Would you guys be interested to donate some here: 11118780392910028070

I will put the account in the faucet later too need to go do some other things now.

Please please let me get some nxt so I can get the poker players interested in it too. You know they talk with other poker players that are not only bulgarians although bulgaria has a lot of poker, its something like 50k people playing it!!

Also it will be fun presentation of nxt and they know my nickname in their forum so I will be able to chat while playing with them and explain what we do in nxt.

THANKS!!!

EDIT: Link to the forum http://www.prognozi.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0
They are doing a survey if they want a tournament with crypto... lets do it guys donate something

It seems like the poker tournament will not happen. However I received 1000 (+ 2 from the faucet) for the tournament.

I will transfer back the coins to the donation account this evening. (not at my nxt computer at the moment)

you mean it will not happen, because 1002 NXT is not enough or for other reasons?

The amount is fine. Good enough for a poker freeroll. The reason is that the owner of the forum doesn't want to be involved with NXT.
Alias

Activity: 127

Money be green

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:23:18 AM

Did anyone else notice that BTER has overtaken DGEX in terms of volume? I think that means BTER set the price involved in the coinmarketcap.com market capitalization calculation.

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 10:25:53 AM

found this quote in the Ethereum thread:

"Creating the platform with new features is one thing. Competing in the real world of hype, adoption, and social marketing with Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin is a completely different beast. Especially, when every coin is based on ever changing software. The software is secondary to the marketing and socialization at this stage in the ballgame."

Nxt's strength is its unique organizational culture....we have weaknesses (VOTING) at the moment....but this social organization is very decentralized and ADAPTIVE.....as more members join they will adopt this way of working so their energy and skills will be added to the pool.

Nxt has a unique culture....same as Berlin, New York, Google or the Autoworkers union.

rnr

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:29:41 AM

Hi everyone.

How about these for a couple of proofs of concept?  Two one-minute spots I recorded this evening:

General Nxt intro: https://soundcloud.com/whatsupnxt/nxtminute-0001
Nxt minute: https://soundcloud.com/whatsupnxt/nxtminute_0002

I welcome feedback.

It's great. You sound like a pro.

Joefox, go ahead you are the voice of NXT.

don't make it more complicated than that. One community member with a great voice and knowledge of what he is talking about.

Pin

+1

@Joefox: Really good! And without crazy US-slang! Perfect.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:30:01 AM

no trace CFB  mmmm

Do you miss him?

We have to manage without him anyway, and he will leave us soon, so what is your point?

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:31:45 AM

no trace CFB  mmmm

Do you miss him?

We have to manage without him anyway, and he will leave us soon, so what is your point?

Well, he is not leaving. But no more work on API and stuff.
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 10:32:50 AM

I'm updating the first post of this thread.  If anyone would like their project, website, or client listed, please send me a message.

Thank you

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:33:20 AM

no trace CFB  mmmm

Do you miss him?

just worried he is hit by bus, that is all
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:39:21 AM

no trace CFB  mmmm

Do you miss him?

I believe it was scheduled that he had a day off yesterday or today.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:40:30 AM

Kim Dotcom is in hospital, (only hurt leg) maybe Beyonce=Kim  Wink
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:42:24 AM

Kim Dotcom is in hospital, (only hurt leg) maybe Beyonce=Kim  Wink

hospital equals internet access, therefore my theory goes more in this direction:

probably Ziyi Zhang finally agreed to date  Grin
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:43:35 AM

no trace CFB  mmmm

Do you miss him?

All is going just fine according plan, today listing on vicurex and tomorrow testing of nexerns client.

No need to be worried unless you want cheap NXT, only way is up from here.

And thanks to the Miami team (nifty, justabit, eb101) we are on the map. Coudnt be going better.

Pin

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:45:58 AM

no trace CFB  mmmm

Do you miss him?

All is going just fine according plan, today listing on vicurex and tomorrow testing of nexerns client.

No need to be worried unless you want cheap NXT, only way is up from here.

And thanks to the Miami team (nifty, justabit, eb101) we are on the map. Coudnt be going better.

Pin

+1. Very satisfying to watch. Good job joefox and guys from Miami everyone contributing.

I'm the most excited about the coming client...

I hear they're filming House of Flying Daggers - The Nxt Generation...
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:59:23 AM

Bah, these are the times I hate it to have too much of a Dutch accent for English  Speaking radio  Tongue

I don't see that as a liability; Nxt is global. Besides, you're probably more intelligible than many backwoods yank/brit speakers. Cheesy
NxtChg

Activity: 840

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 11:02:13 AM

2000 accounts.

And "Volume in the last 15 hours: 4 NXT, 0.0004 BTC"  Grin

Part-ey!

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:06:41 AM

Did you know it will be possible to mine coins on top of NXT?

One such coin is in the pipeline, many to follow!

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:07:12 AM

It could be made so that an account that has a transaction in the current block is disallowed to forge the current block -- if the account forges the block and has one or more transactions contained in it, the block will just be rejected by the peers and the next account in line gets the opportunity to forge.

I had thought about that also and then decided I didnt like it - I dont like the idea of preventing transactions at all.  Some things are just going to be mission-critical and the idea that you can be blocked out would be bad for NXT as a currency.  I say just let the transaction go, but you still pay the fee.  The fee just gets distributed according to some algorithm that uses accounts that paid fees from the past few blocks as candidates to receive the fee.  It would be a cool random way to receive NXT that also rewards people who sent transactions.

So maybe if you wanted to send a transaction in your own block and you set a fee of 1 NXT you would be allowed to do this - you would just also be forced to also include a sendMoney transaction in the amount of that fee (in this case 1 NXT) to an account that sometime in the past 100 blocks paid a fee for something (if it paid a fee then the passphrase for that account is known) to send a transaction.  It could not be arbitrary - it would have to have some set algorithm that would be followed to choose that account - that way it could be enforced.

With transparent forging, lets face it, many people are going to get free transactions.  A block forger could even choose to not send ANY transactions except its own, a block chock full of only his own transactions, and do so for free while ignoring everyone elses transactions...[/i]  Do we want this behavior?  May be a good idea for us to discuss this more.

And actually, I think similar logic could be used for a fair voting system.... let me think on that a bit.
I guess all such tweaks are incompatible with TF Sad

BTW, "fee voters" are forgetting that in some way or another all NXTers have already paid fees when they obtained their NXT.  Roll Eyes
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:15:05 AM

Funding request

We have paid for 1 minute sponsor spot at the Let's talk Bitcoin for 3 months.

It cost 290k NXT for 3 months

You can see discussion here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg4765394#msg4765394

One stakeholder is willing to pay 1/3 of the NXT. Would anyone join him?

Could we spare some unclaimed coins for this advertisement?

NxtMarketing account:

(Info about acc)

More info:

Joefox already created first samples:

Important notice regarding Let's Talk Bitcoin 1-minute spots!

Salsacz and I have been in touch about recording 1-minute spots for the Let's Talk Bitcoin network and we'd love to hear from Nxt champions all over the world.

We're asking you to record SHORT (10-15 second) answers to this question:

What is Nxt?

Here's how to do it:

• Go to http://vocaroo.com/
  • Use your PC's microphone to record a message including your name (real name or forum nickname), location, and your answer to "What is Nxt"
  • When you're happy with your recording, hit the "email" button and send your recording to whatsupnxt@gmail.com

FOR EXAMPLE:  "This is Come-from-Beyonce, from Belarus.  Nxt is so energy efficient that I can forge coins on a $35 Raspberry Pi computer powered by a solar panel!"

I'll be collecting these recordings and compiling them into a series of 1-minute spots to promote Nxt.  Keep your answers short by focusing each one on a Nxt feature that that is important to YOU.

They are expecting a completed ad in a couple of days, so please make a submission before Wednesday, January 29.  Record SEVERAL short pieces, if you like -- just keep each one brief.  I'll wrap it into a nice package, and do us all proud.

Hi everyone.

How about these for a couple of proofs of concept?  Two one-minute spots I recorded this evening:

I welcome feedback.

Good stuff. Week two is great. Week one has good content, but it sounds like a corporate advertisement. I think it needs to communicate the exciting community-driven nature of it somehow. It should make people feel like they want to get in on what's happening. I think it would benefit from a slightly more conversational tone too. Can you post the text, or send it to me?
Good. I'm in agreement with bithic's comments. The overall tone needs to be more conversational, but doing that in a 1 minute spot is a bit tough as it needs to be concise. Week one's ad should really compel a listener to pull up their browser and go to nxtcrypto to see what it's all about. Assuming they've never heard of it before, the common reaction is "oh another coin...". It has to bust through that wall, deliver a few critical points and get listeners excited. I think delivering Nxt as a platform in the introduction is most important.

For an intro something like "Nxt isn't just another alt coin. It's a community driven platform built on original code that's delivering features the crypto currency world want's and needs to move forward into the next generation." Then yada, yada with a few main points like "Nxt solves the 51% and even 90% attack of bitcoin with it's transparent forging feature". "This same feature allows the network to remain secure while performing visa scale transaction times." Cover the main failings of bitcoin and how Nxt solves them. Finish with the info source and hopefully that drives them to nxtcrypto.org to do some research.

It doesn't have to be exactly that, obviously, but I think you get the jist.  Just my opinion. Hopefully it contributes.  

We need to make sure people understand that NXT is currently evolving very rapidly. The fact that it can even evolve will probably be news to most people. We don't want people to get disappointed that not all of the promised features are there yet. I think we should talk about the incredible TPS, but in a future tense.

Join NXT as we enhance it to the point where it can handle thousands of transactions per second.

That is something that nothing else out there, first or second gen, can come close to. We need to solidify this in people's minds before April, when the attack of the klones begins.
James
With a minute spot, I would suggest getting a couple of different people to read different spots.  You could have somebody doing mythbusting spots but I think it would be better to instead focus on the really cool features built into next and helping people imagine the reasons why they would actually want to use it.  People are very creative once you point them in the right direction, but the metacoin layer thing is a tough sell at first.     If you focus on the negative stuff people think about NXT, you come off as defensive but if you just talk about why your project is neat and why you're excited about it, that will attract more attention because people think its a good thing not a bad thing.

The perspective YOU bring, going into talk to people about NXT will be reflected in how they react.  If you think they'll hate it, they're probably going to hate it because you'll couch your words in such a way to make them prepare to hate it.  

You guys don't need to be defensive, you have a major advantage - a product that's out, and that seems to work with a development team that doens't have the legal liability of your competitors or some of the jurisdictional risk.   Your disadvantage is NXT appears to be a bit headless, with a few self-appointed organizers but no real structure besides stakeholders acting in what they feel is their own best interest.   It might be interesting talking about that, how NXT is a *real* decentralized org in that there is no formal company at all doing the development or paying for anything.

Quotable?:

It's really interesting watching this community - you guys are the only "headless" metalayer, lacking a founder or team and yet delivering with real working software.  

Keep up the good work Smiley
If you're asking for my permission, feel free - everything I do is creative commons, attribution + noncommercial

For the minute spots maybe we're overthinking this, maybe it should really just be the NXT Minute on LTB, and twice a week listeners of LTB get updated to the most important thing "This is the NXT Minute, this week saw the release of the new client that does blah blah blah" you have enough room for about 65-72 words in a minute of human speech, you'll want to pick out some music (I can help with that) and leave a little space on either side to allow for the fade in and out.

I think the NXT minute with occasional experiential spots shared by members of the NXT community would go over really well.  Then you could have something that would always be different, always be useful and informative, and whenever a really good community submission comes up you just run that instead of the update.  You get the best of both worlds, informational, timely and cheap while community spots provide the emotional and real world context.   It would probably be good to have people write these and then have them voiced by members of the community who are a) good at that, and b) have good mics, it makes a big difference.

Pages: « 1 ... 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: