Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 [2074] 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:35:51 PM

** Ridiculous **

Don't let the trolls to win  Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:36:05 PM

** Ridiculous **

All I've done is volunteer time over the last few months trying to assist Nxt.  I've had quite a bit of experience in other communities and wanted to help move Nxt forward, nothing more. During this committee election, I received a PM from someone in the community letting me know about some of the dirty tactics being used:

"Two members from CoinTropolis are ahead of me, what does that say about NXT? Are we going to let another Charity site hijack our marketing plans? Seems like a fix, and with two of them we'd be stacking NXT for giving coins to one specialized charity. "

This is such bullshit. Rather than making a big deal about it and outing the person, I'll simply work on another project.  Just to clarify a few items on my way out:

- Songs of Love was one of the first Bitcoin charities, I met them at (drum roll) a Bitcoin Conference last summer
- We are not a charity site, we simply wanted to help out while also giving exposure to Nxt
- I had a ton of experience moving Peercoin forward, it's not like I magically came out of nowhere trying to hijack anything
- A fix? We were donating time out of our day just to help

Winning at any cost? Cool.. enjoy.  I loved my time helping contribute, I appreciate all that I worked with along the way.   As an investor, I'm hoping Nxt continues moving mountains... great community with an amazing piece of tech.

Relax.

Nobody can make everybody happy. There will be friction all the time. Do not be discouraged by such statements. As long as you do it for the community, such statements do not matter.
marcus03

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:38:49 PM

We will only get the attention of the mass community of Bitcoiners if we come up with a marketing theme / campaign that engages people to adopt NXT.  The will not adopt NXT because it is better or technically superior.  They will only adopt NXT if it meets a need of theirs that Bitcoin does not already currently meet.

We could focus on the decentralized asset exchange. It is something for selfish, technical interested or financial people.

yes, but we need to find a very useful/needed use case for average people to use AE. And it must be a very specific use case, not only some theoretical examples. The average people doesn't care that it could sell its stocks using AE if it would be a company.

The dialog should be like this:
We: With NXT and its AE you can do <some specific, really useful stuff in the daily life>, bam!
People: Really? I can do that with NXT? How can I get some NXT?

The other possibility is to find use cases for businesses that attracts their customers to use NXT.

+1440

Finally real world...

Coming up with actual use cases and comparing the solution NXT can offer with existing solutions should be mandatory with any proposal.
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:39:06 PM

Thank you rickyjames for your all your work and your great points, most of them solid confirmations of what has been brought up before.

1.- We need to offer useful features to the community, AE comes on top, offering AE to active existing communities (i.e. DOGE) will make a difference. The work james is doing with gateways is essential.
2.- Forging as an incentive for new users does not work, selling it as an asset has been a strategic mistake. Usability is all.
3.- BCNext community experiment (if that is really so) may be interesting but is clearly inefficient and the void of leadership is not helping at all. A decentralized network is great, a decentralized community is too chaotic unless the grounds are well set and there is a plan on the table. Talking about a "plan" and leaving it in partially in the dark does not release the community as BCNext intended, rather the contrary. Isn't it obvious?

Please let's not waste the huge potential we're sitting in.
ChuckOne

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:40:03 PM

We will only get the attention of the mass community of Bitcoiners if we come up with a marketing theme / campaign that engages people to adopt NXT.  The will not adopt NXT because it is better or technically superior.  They will only adopt NXT if it meets a need of theirs that Bitcoin does not already currently meet.

We could focus on the decentralized asset exchange. It is something for selfish, technical interested or financial people.

The average people doesn't care that it could sell its stocks using AE...

The dialog should be like this:
We: With NXT and its AE you can do <some specific, really useful stuff in the daily life>, bam!
People: Really? I can do that with NXT? How can I get some NXT?

+1.  This.  Pay attention to this.

Somehow in my gut I feel like this NXT conversation, when it happens, will have something to do with smartphones - probably iPhones.  One of the people I talked to (a group of two guys, actually) claimed to have the only Bitcoin wallet for iPhone because the Apple Store has kicked Bitcoin out of the Apple App ecosystem.  They exploited a clever loophole - an organization can send apps to its members.  So they set up a membership plan which qualifies you to download a group Bitcoin Wallet that is not available to the general public.  Clever.  Maybe NXT could do the same and become the iPhone Cryptocurrency app.

BUT FIRST WE GOTTA GET MERCHANTS TO ACCEPT NXT.  I am going to be doing some research into this, stay tuned.

One last big lesson from Texas Bitcoin Conference - perhaps the bigget one of all.  People want to hear confident leaders on a stage.  People want to hear confident leaders  on a stage.  People want to hear confident leaders  on a stage. 

Until NXT can provide these, we are in the ditch.

Man, I wish it was tomorrow, because I have a business meeting with an outside investor who wants to use an AE coin for something quite mainstream, very mobile, very smartphone and the like.
I will be setting up wesleyh's client tonight and show him the Testnet tomorrow at noon.

I cannot go into details at the moment, but I already have confirmation from l8orre that he wants to help out with this.

I am not surprised in the least that tech doesn't interest people.

I hope I will make you and a few others very happy by tomorrow afternoon Smiley

Good luck! Smiley

I think it boils down to: "it's decentralized, thus it's secure and look: it works the way you used to". Beyond that, average people shut down.
zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:40:50 PM

** Ridiculous **

All I've done is volunteer time over the last few months trying to assist Nxt.  I've had quite a bit of experience in other communities and wanted to help move Nxt forward, nothing more. During this committee election, I received a PM from someone in the community letting me know about some of the dirty tactics being used:

"Two members from CoinTropolis are ahead of me, what does that say about NXT? Are we going to let another Charity site hijack our marketing plans? Seems like a fix, and with two of them we'd be stacking NXT for giving coins to one specialized charity. "

This is such bullshit. Rather than making a big deal about it and outing the person, I'll simply work on another project.  Just to clarify a few items on my way out:

- Songs of Love was one of the first Bitcoin charities, I met them at (drum roll) a Bitcoin Conference last summer
- We are not a charity site, we simply wanted to help out while also giving exposure to Nxt
- I had a ton of experience moving Peercoin forward, it's not like I magically came out of nowhere trying to hijack anything

Winning at any cost? Cool.. enjoy.  I loved my time helping contribute, I appreciate all that I worked with along the way.   As an investor, I'm hoping Nxt continues moving mountains... great community with an amazing piece of tech.

You need to stay. You did great things for this community.
v39453

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:41:11 PM

yes, but we need to find a very useful/needed use case for average people to use AE. And it must be a very specific use case, not only some theoretical examples. The average people doesn't care that it could sell its stocks using AE if it would be a company.

We should also think about sales of things with very low prices. For example there must be a lot of amateur musicians, programmers and writers who have no easy way to monetize their work. We could provide them with a way to sell digital content for NXT.  This could also work outside the asset exchange as proposed by BCNext. I wrote about this in my previous post.

rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:41:28 PM

If that's the case (I'm also very surprised by this), I wonder why is there so much interest in Ethereum then? Their goals are similar to NXT, the (technology) path is just different..

Maybe it's because of the story of a teenager with pimples who challenges the financial world with some Turing Slipslop. That story is interesting.

I got to see Vitalik up close and personal.   He comes across as a real life Sheldon Cooper in his own little world but there is no question this guy is a genius with brilliant ideas and a very motivational speaker.  Truly an exceptional man.
ChuckOne

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:43:22 PM

Thank you rickyjames for your all your work and your great points, most of them solid confirmations of what has been brought up before.

1.- We need to offer useful features to the community, AE comes on top, offering AE to active existing communities (i.e. DOGE) will make a difference. The work james is doing with gateways is essential.
2.- Forging as an incentive for new users does not work, selling it as an asset has been a strategic mistake. Usability is all.
3.- BCNext community experiment (if that is really so) may be interesting but is clearly inefficient and the void of leadership is not helping at all. A decentralized network is great, a decentralized community is too chaotic unless the grounds are well set and there is a plan on the table. Talking about a "plan" and leaving it in partially in the dark does not release the community as BCNext intended, rather the contrary. Isn't it obvious?

Please let's not waste the huge potential we're sitting in.

Give me that plan.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:46:20 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 05:09:13 PM by bitcoinpaul

** Ridiculous **

Relax.

Nobody can make everybody happy. There will be friction all the time. Do not be discouraged by such statements. As long as you do it for the community, such statements do not matter.

I hope whoever is not winning the election stays in the Nxt community. The idea of the committees was not to elect 5 people who do everything and others just have to watch. The committees are for some coins, thats it. And I hope the Nxt community doesn't lose JustaBitTime because of this statement.
cc001

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:46:42 PM

People want to hear confident leaders on a stage.
People want to hear confident leaders  on a stage.

Well, rickyjames, I think you are a pretty confident guy, do you want to be also a leader on a stage?  Grin

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
Asian Prepper

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:47:54 PM

If that's the case (I'm also very surprised by this), I wonder why is there so much interest in Ethereum then? Their goals are similar to NXT, the (technology) path is just different..

Maybe it's because of the story of a teenager with pimples who challenges the financial world with some Turing Slipslop. That story is interesting.

I got to see Vitalik up close and personal.   He comes across as a real life Sheldon Cooper in his own little world but there is no question this guy is a genius with brilliant ideas and a very motivational speaker.  Truly an exceptional man.

1.  Ethereum has a high probability of success because people can see and talk to the people involved in the project.  The developers are not hiding behind closed doors.
2.  They have organization.  An organized team will always move faster then an unorganized team.
3.  They have a better marketing team because they have experience from working at previous coins already.

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
marcus03

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:48:15 PM

** Ridiculous **

With just two people behind the two members from CoinTropolis you almost said who sent that message... :-)

Let's say there are around 400 active members in this thread (393 distributed ballot access codes were given out). If the written personal opinion of a competing commitee nominee makes you leave, I'd say you have a way to high need to please everyone.

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:50:25 PM

smaragda: but Vitalik is a meme himself Cheesy
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:53:03 PM

Man, I wish it was tomorrow, because I have a business meeting with an outside investor who wants to use an AE coin for something quite mainstream, very mobile, very smartphone and the like.
I will be setting up wesleyh's client tonight and show him the Testnet tomorrow at noon.

I cannot go into details at the moment, but I already have confirmation from l8orre that he wants to help out with this.

I am not surprised in the least that tech doesn't interest people.

I hope I will make you and a few others very happy by tomorrow afternoon Smiley

+1
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:53:11 PM

** Ridiculous **

With just two people behind the two members from CoinTropolis you almost said who sent that message... :-)

Let's say there are around 400 active members in this thread (393 distributed ballot access codes were given out). If the written personal opinion of a competing commitee nominee makes you leave, I'd say you have a way to high need to please everyone.

The PMs might have been sent earlier on though when the results were different.
Just to clear any doubt: I have definitely NOT.
I have collaborated with Nifty and JustaBit since early December.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:53:48 PM

I go into a "I'll break your fuckin' knees" mode whenever I see non-Ethereum related personal attacks against Vitalik!?!?!    Angry

Where is the personal attack?
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:56:40 PM

Hire someone who will present NXT on stage. A good speaker and someone who will know NXT in depth. Actually I thought Tai Zen did well, he's a natural born speaker, but i'm not sure he has the vision for the future for NXT and the complete tech crypto knowledge.

Charles Hoskinson or Vitalik type is needed, but here we have only CfB, who doesn't want to do PR.
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PM

People want to hear confident leaders on a stage.

Well, rickyjames, I think you are a pretty confident guy, do you want to be also a leader on a stage?  Grin

You know, I tried repeatedly to get on a stage to pitch NXT.   It's pretty clear that Paul Snow, the organizer of the conference, politely kept that from happening, altho he put me on an altcurency panel that he headed and ran quite well.  

The problem with putting a guy from NXT on a stage at this point is the current disconnect of the NXT group from the dev team master plan.   We need to get that straight before we go putting people on stage.  Are we a spendable coin?  Are we a Ripple?  Are we a science project?
Asian Prepper

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:57:50 PM

Bitcoinpaul asked me an interesting question about how I answered an audience's question at the 2014 Texas Bitcoin Conference:

The guy asked: "Whats the difference between Nxt and Bitcoin and how does it work?"
And your answer was something like "It's built from scratch". This was more an answer to the question "What is the difference between bitcoin and all the other crap altcoins".

Shouldn't be the answer more of what Nxt is capable of and where the trade offs are with Bitcoin (Asset Exchange, energy efficient, 51% attack, 1000tps, ...)?

From a sales/marketing perspective, I like to avoid discussing technical issues of NXT because:

1) I'm not technical.
2) Nothing kills adoption faster then confusion.  A confused mind can not make a decision and alienates people and causes distrust.  When I speak in front of a crowd, my goal is  to get the audience to "trust" me first. Once they trust me, then I can say what I want.  I have those videos coming up...
3) I personally try to avoid talking shit about other crap altcoins because a) I don't know about them, b) talking crap about other coins tends to direct the audience's focus and attention on the wrong coins... :-)

This is my first conference... my presentations will get better as I get a better understanding of the audience.

It will get better :-)

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
Pages: « 1 ... 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 [2074] 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: