Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:32:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 [2182] 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:07:04 AM

Having second thoughts about having such big investment in NXT.

I have yet to see anything useful and now it's becoming an asset?

Lol? No, it's becoming an ASSET EXCHANGE. Nodecoin is an asset on top of the Nxt platform. Some people called it NxtCoin for fun..
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freedomfighter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:09:44 AM

Here is what I might have missed- please clarify

you wrote: Not sure I understand your logic. You make it sound like NXT is losing something by supporting assets.

Ofcourse not

Other than speculative value, what intrinsic value does any crypto currently have?

if used as currency/asset of exchange in a REAL WORLD or web based economical setting

Assuming NXT gets used by a large number of asset issues (regardless of what it is), then the fact that it is using NXT gives value to NXT. All assets within NXT are denominated in NXT. It becomes the reserve currency

So here is what I might have missed: you are saying that any asset, above paying 1000nxt to be created will be denominated in NXT.-- meaning that any action within it will require NXT again. ok but how will this work if i issue a share for a DAC or a new currency on which i will conduct my transactions?
At worst, it would be neutral. There is always the minimal tx fee, but even without that I dont see it as harming NXT. More people use things that are built with NXT, eg. "NXT inside" will help NXT. If just a fraction of the people transacting in your DAC shares takes an interest to NXT, then that is new blood coming into NXT.

How exactly does this hurt NXT?

It doesnt- but as rickeyjames said a few days ago: NXT must not lose sight on it being a 1.0 coin within the 2.0 paradigm/platform. In other words--- it is great to have all the decentralized platforms but without inherently "forcing" users of all platforms to actually use NXT as the "money" of that network, we will not drive the value of the 1.0 aspect.

I think that both are important- the 2.0 drives value and builds a monster (in the positive sense) that clones will be hard pressed to clone, that will drive usage and attract business and users, while 1.0 is the currency of this economy. this will be a constant win win to both holders of NXTcoin, forgers, and asset holders.

They way it is recently discussed here--- the 1.0 issue is an afterthought. I will be comfortable with this if I had shares in NXT. but NXTcoins are NOT shares
igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:10:38 AM

Here is what I might have missed- please clarify

you wrote: Not sure I understand your logic. You make it sound like NXT is losing something by supporting assets.

Ofcourse not

Other than speculative value, what intrinsic value does any crypto currently have?

if used as currency/asset of exchange in a REAL WORLD or web based economical setting

Assuming NXT gets used by a large number of asset issues (regardless of what it is), then the fact that it is using NXT gives value to NXT. All assets within NXT are denominated in NXT. It becomes the reserve currency

So here is what I might have missed: you are saying that any asset, above paying 1000nxt to be created will be denominated in NXT.-- meaning that any action within it will require NXT again. ok but how will this work if i issue a share for a DAC or a new currency on which i will conduct my transactions?
At worst, it would be neutral. There is always the minimal tx fee, but even without that I dont see it as harming NXT. More people use things that are built with NXT, eg. "NXT inside" will help NXT. If just a fraction of the people transacting in your DAC shares takes an interest to NXT, then that is new blood coming into NXT.

How exactly does this hurt NXT?

nxt will be as the gold standard. will be the reference value. will be the foundation system.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:11:15 AM

New York meeting  - today
http://www.meetup.com/BitcoinNYC/events/170899822/
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:11:29 AM

I really don't think it's possible for NXT to fail on those grounds..... all projects go through ups and downs, but NXT is a disruptive technology.  More important than friendly service and reaching out to average users.  Longterm means a huge win for NXT.....  Adapting for average users over time is something that probably will happen slowly and naturally

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:11:42 AM

Lol? No, it's becoming an ASSET EXCHANGE. Nodecoin is an asset on top of the Nxt platform. Some people called it NxtCoin for fun..

I didn't invest in an Asset Exchange, if I wanted that I would have just gone to cryptostocks for that.

NXT is starting to become something that I AM NOT WILLING to have so much investment in.

NXT coin was my original investment, not a fucking exchange,
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:13:25 AM

And it's not about being negative, I have asked for solutions, proposed solutions etc. for months now.
I put the first spotlight on development halting months ago. These are all issues that could've been solved, but hasn't been, so my "negativity" is founded in reality.
I must have missed your solutions. All I see from you nowadays are "the sky is falling" type of posts. How exactly would you have prevented some electiontime tactics from making the cointropolis guys leaving? How exactly would you have prevented Ciyam leaving? None of your "solutions" would have done anything about that.

It's only in the last perhaps 5 days or so that I have began to lose complete faith in NXT, so your first statement is just a result of extremely short term memory.
Well first of all, noone was aware of the election tactics before Justabit did a bit of digging because the results were suddenly skewed overnight.
What I am most surprised at is that the community is somehow ok with dirtytactics being used by those who are sitting on 30% of our entire fucking fund.
I can't remember 100%, but I think you were the guy who said "well should've had counter-tactics" as if this was some sort of political vote.
There are no room for dirtytactics when the entire point of the vote is to have the best committee. How the fuck can the community accept such bullshit?

So, you consider jean-luc cranking out releases non-stop as development halting
wesley's awesome web client as development halting
all of my projects as development halting
all of the other people's projects as development halting

Red herrings.
Jean-Luc, CfB and you are the only developers left. I called attention to this months ago. There was pages sparked of debate from it and everyone agreed "OK WE NEED MORE PEOPLE". NOTHING has happened with that though and now that BCNext and CfB leaves we are left with 2 guys in charge of all the development of NXT.

Why you bring up wesley which I have praised 10 times in this thread is just retarded.

We also lost CIYAM because you guys refused to take any tips from a VERY experienced and educated coder.
This worries me a lot.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:15:39 AM

You can pay by Nxt to get anything other people provide here:

http://www.work4nxt.com/

(I just need a little more setting to finish the interface, but this is a decentralized gateway for P2P payments, everything what is here: http://www.fiverr.com/ can be also here: http://www.work4nxt.com/
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:17:40 AM

I didn't invest in an Asset Exchange, if I wanted that I would have just gone to cryptostocks for that.

Cryptostocks is a centralized website.  NXT is a decentralised asset exchange platform.  You clearly don't get it.

NXT is starting to become something that I AM NOT WILLING to have so much investment in.

NXT has always been about the decentralised exchange.... from day one.  If you do not understand or do not agree with the usefulness and disruptiveness of this concept, fine.  but it's unwise to "invest" into crypto without understanding what your investing into.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:18:14 AM

I really don't think it's possible for NXT to fail on those grounds..... all projects go through ups and downs, but NXT is a disruptive technology.  More important than friendly service and reaching out to average users.  Longterm means a huge win for NXT.....  Adapting for average users over time is something that probably will happen slowly and naturally

Why? NXT is open source. Anyone can (and is allowed to) make a fork of NXT. Hire some developers, make it even better and then have a nice distribution which will yield a big active community which leads to great marketing.
Da Vinci had the absolute best tech in the entire Universe is the 1400-1500s, yet he didn't reach people with it so it never saw the light of day.
Same can be said of countless musicians. There are undeniably Bachs and Vivaldis going through someones garbage instead of being praised as Gods of music, because they never had marketing.

Why is this so hard for people to understand. DOGE sucks in terms of tech, yet it's the second largest community next to Bitcoin. Why? COMMUNITY AND MARKETING.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:18:39 AM

So I wanted to install the client, but the same error as on my server..

With port 7874:     HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

With port 7876 I only get the admin tools..

Ah I see.. 7875 is for the client..

ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:19:59 AM

Why? NXT is open source. Anyone can (and is allowed to) make a fork of NXT. Hire some developers, make it even better and then have a nice distribution which will yield a big active community which leads to great marketing.
Da Vinci had the absolute best tech in the entire Universe is the 1400-1500s, yet he didn't reach people with it so it never saw the light of day.
Same can be said of countless musicians. There are undeniably Bachs and Vivaldis going through someones garbage instead of being praised as Gods of music, because they never had marketing.

Why is this so hard for people to understand. DOGE sucks in terms of tech, yet it's the second largest community next to Bitcoin. Why? COMMUNITY AND MARKETING.

Bingo!
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:21:21 AM

So I wanted to install the client, but the same error as on my server..

With port 7874:     HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

With port 7876 I only get the admin tools..

Ah I see.. 7875 is for the client..

@Web-Client Developers

What about creating a bookmark when installing the client software?

Average Joe is quite unable to remember the port AND to comprehend what the port actually is.

Would a browser bookmark help?
LemonAndFries

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:22:54 AM

Cryptostocks is a centralized website.  NXT is a decentralised asset exchange platform.  You clearly don't get it.

NXT has always been about the decentralised exchange.... from day one.  If you do not understand or do not agree with the usefulness and disruptiveness of this concept, fine.  but it's unwise to "invest" into crypto without understanding what your investing into.

Don't tell me I don't get it, I perfectly understand what's going on.

This was supposed to be Cryptocoin 2.0 "DESCENDANT OF BITCOIN"

For crying fucksakes, even your thread title says it.

Are you all half-retarded?  The coin concept will attract the mainstream into NXT, not a fucking asset exchange.

The asset exchange was supposed to be a feature of NXT, not NXT itself.  Now all of you want to turn it into another of thousands of exhanges already available.

It is not decentralized anymore, not if it is just becoming another middleman like the rest of the exchanges.

With that said, I will most likely be shutting down my nodes.
freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:26:21 AM

Are you all half-retarded?  The coin concept will attract the mainstream into NXT, not a fucking asset exchange.

The asset exchange was supposed to be a feature of NXT, not NXT itself.  Now all of you want to turn it into another of thousands of exhanges already available.

It is not decentralized anymore, not it is just becoming another middleman like the rest of the exchanges.

you clearly dont get it. there are no "thousands of exchanges" only 1 (counterparty). 1 more is coming (msc) and than NXT.

but as afar as being a coin. i also am trying to get clarity on this. I would have wanted to see it as the fuel to any asset on the exchange with an ongoing need for it and thus demand. 
LemonAndFries

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:30:03 AM

It is not decentralized anymore, not it is just becoming another middleman like the rest of the exchanges.

you clearly dont get it. there are no "thousands of exchanges" only 1 (counterparty). 1 more is coming (msc) and than NXT.

but as afar as being a coin. i also am trying to get clarity on this. I would have wanted to see it as the fuel to any asset on the exchange with an ongoing need for it and thus demand. 

So I don't get it yet someone who is not even clear on the concept doesn't quit get it either.

Don't comment back if you don't even understand WTF is going on with this.

Is it an exchange? Is it a coin? Is it a website? Is it ice cream? Is it noodles?

Who the fuck knows anymore.  NXT is becoming irrelevant with so many nice new Crypto 2.0 with more promise than this coming out.

The community took too long, no wonder so many key people are leaving not to mention a community that doesn't know WTF they are even developing.
zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:30:51 AM

Bingo!

Yes but you cannot have marketing when you don't even have a client to use. People will come, realize it is to hard, some will try and lose their coins as they are trying and leave. I mean first date of official client release was 26th of January. We are far from that, almost 2 months. And a guy that was supposed to deliver our client has received 165,000 NXT of bounty and went to work on some other things. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me.

It is all interconnected!!
LemonAndFries

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:37:08 AM

Bingo!

Yes but you cannot have marketing when you don't even have a client to use. People will come, realize it is to hard, some will try and lose their coins as they are trying and leave. I mean first date of official client release was 26th of January. We are far from that, almost 2 months. And a guy that was supposed to deliver our client has received 165,000 NXT of bounty and went to work on some other things. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me.

It is all interconnected!!

Exactly, it's been months and there is yet a user friendly client.

This will be the downfall, the tech savvy people fail to see that outside of their world no one else even knows WTF Java is or how to create a BAT file.

A user friendly client should have been the priority for the community, instead here they are debating what kind of assets will be traded.

NO ASSETS WILL BE TRADED IF IT NEVER BECOMES USER FRIENDLY.

A lot of wishful thinking, but I've lost hope with this project.

So what if you have transparent forging? So what if you have a decentralized asset exchange?

None of that will matter if the mainstream user can't even understand how to use the client.
LemonAndFries

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:39:10 AM

your not investing in an exchange your investing in the base currency that that exchange runs on..

think of it this way.. on the exchange where nxt will be the base currency you will be able to trade other cryptos with hardly any fee's or none..

think of a decentralized cryptsy where you can trade all sorts of coins but instead of cryptsy using btc as the base currency we will be using nxt!

the same goes for companys.. you wont be able to buy shares in a company with shares of a different company, you will have to trade back to nxt first.. and all of this with out ever having to give your coins to a 3rd party! the exchange is a big FEATURE of what you have invested in.. it is not the investment itself...

that would be like investing in bitpay instead of btc...

So were back to the asset exchnage being a feature again instead of being NXT itself.

Who knows WTF is going on with this thing.
LemonAndFries

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:41:02 AM

A lot of wishful thinking, but I've lost hope with this project.

OK then...  take your losses/profits and move on...    Lips sealed

Yes I am actually evening out, but I just wanted to bring to the community awareness of this huge problem they have.

Some of the member really need to leave that dark hole in their room and get some sunshine where normal people walk so they can understand not everyone is like them.
Most of the world is populated with average everyday working joes, not computer super nerds.
Pages: « 1 ... 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 [2182] 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: