Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:58:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412870 times)
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 08:59:44 PM

DVC has becoming less and less valuable, is nobody buying this coin anymore?

I'm still accumulating it but I'm gonna wait a couple weeks for it to bottom. So far I bought at .00041 and at $.00021.

Now is actually prime time to buy, since people are getting paid the price is just dropping and dropping.

It's funny that it is just limited number of people who are writing that actually are doing the dumping, yet those are the same ones who believe in the project enough to write.. they certainly love that price is above 0 so they can recieve something for their writing however we need to show them that there is a reason to HOLD instead of dumping and they will get far more $$ in the future than what you would get today. In that way DVC is more of an investment tool aswell as a means to get paid for work. When this happens you shoudl see price will only go up, as there are more and more people willing to chip in minor amounts to buy... it adds up over time.

The miners who do shared mining and dump as soon as they get any DVC are another story, I'm not sure how to give them incentive to hold the dvc, but I suspect that unless your using an ASIC right now you won't be moving the market much with your mined DVC so they are really a small part of the problem.

I'll be working on that through Youtube and facebook soon.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:00:16 PM

I'm still accumulating it but I'm gonna wait a couple weeks for it to bottom. So far I bought at .00041 and at $.00021.

Now is actually prime time to buy, since people are getting paid the price is just dropping and dropping.

It's funny that it is just limited number of people who are writing that actually are doing the dumping, yet those are the same ones who believe in the project enough to write.. they certainly love that price is above 0 so they can recieve something for their writing however we need to show them that there is a reason to HOLD instead of dumping and they will get far more $$ in the future than what you would get today. In that way DVC is more of an investment tool aswell as a means to get paid for work. When this happens you shoudl see price will only go up, as there are more and more people willing to chip in minor amounts to buy... it adds up over time.

The miners who do shared mining and dump as soon as they get any DVC are another story, I'm not sure how to give them incentive to hold the dvc, but I suspect that unless your using an ASIC right now you won't be moving the market much with your mined DVC so they are really a small part of the problem.

I completely agree. As one of the writers, I am against the dumping mentality. It's only going to hurt things. If everyone is dumping, that's a sign that nobody wants the currency. If nobody wants it, there's no value. If there's no value... it's worthless.

We have to get demand up while decreasing the supply (less selling!).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 09:01:59 PM

I'll be working on that through Youtube and facebook soon.

your DEVCOIN scam being reported to youtube and faceb00k shareholders!!!!
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 09:02:40 PM

I completely agree. As one of the writers, I am against the dumping mentality. It's only going to hurt things. If everyone is dumping, that's a sign that nobody wants the currency. If nobody wants it, there's no value. If there's no value... it's worthless.

You are looking at it all wrong. Dumping is a sign of nothing but greed.
There are people buying those dumped coins at a great value.

And we actually need more selling, not less selling. But the selling needs to be set at 1 penny.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:08:49 PM

And we actually need more selling, not less selling. But the selling needs to be set at 1 penny.

But right now supply is overwhelming the demand, so the demand is lowering. This is the big thing we need to fight right now.

If we had some real use (most coins are running their own stores now) for the coins, that would give something to use them for. As it is, they're basically just there.

I love the principles behind DVC. I'll continue standing behind it. But the marketing of it (in regards to giving each coin a true value) is really lacking right now.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 09:12:48 PM

But right now supply is overwhelming the demand, so the demand is lowering. This is the big thing we need to fight right now.

If we had some real use (most coins are running their own stores now) for the coins, that would give something to use them for. As it is, they're basically just there.

I love the principles behind DVC. I'll continue standing behind it. But the marketing of it (in regards to giving each coin a true value) is really lacking right now.

DVC = NO BID !!  done son
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 09:18:09 PM

All you can do to fight is buy the cheap coins, and post them for sale for 1 penny.
Or make videos.
Or share on facebook.
Or share on twitter.
Or tell your friends.

owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 09:20:45 PM

All you can do to fight is buy the cheap coins, and post them for sale for 1 penny.
Or make videos.
Or share on facebook.
Or share on twitter.
Or tell your friends.

where can you buy? >> DVC delisted from all exchanges
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:27:21 PM

Or make videos.
Or share on facebook.
Or share on twitter.
Or tell your friends.

Wow that wall at 1 penny is going to be huge lol I was thinkin $10 like the devgirl Smiley
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:55:30 PM

I have a lot of real world items to sell, would selling in Devcoins help increase their value?

It should, as it gives a value to them. The more value we give to them, the more they will be worth.

Even cash, such as USD, has no true value. It has perceived value, because people are willing to accept it in return for goods and services.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:05:58 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 10:22:38 PM by Vlad2Vlad

That's what I thought fin, when I last bought at $.00021 and now it's quote a bit lower and making new lows nearly everyday.

BTW, MarkM, I always buy in USD, since I don't own any BTC yet.  Hope that changes when my butterfly rigs get here supposedly by end of July.

At any rate, it's not just DEVcoin, all the alt coins are going down for some reason. Also, the pay cycle is on a daily basis so the dumping won't stop in a week or a month, people don't get paid all in one day, it's a few hundred K coins per person so there's a consistent downward pressure on DVC.

There's also huge pressure from massive pools who don't distribute the devcoins, it's free coins to them so I think they dump it most if not all of it and as the hash rate screams upwards for Bitcoin more people will own devcoins, more pools and probably more dumping.

In the long run I feel it's fairly safe, although speculative, to buy devcoins.  I'm buying and holding for 12-24 months.  I think we'll see major media attention over the coming months and especially next year.  The US, UE and China badly want one currency and a digital currency would give them unlimited power.

And BTW, from a political and socio-economic point of view, DEVcoin is the perfect coin.  A coin by the people for the people with unlimited printing.  It's any governments' wet dream.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:11:01 PM

I totally agree which is why I plan to NOT sell a single coin, I'd rather watch it go to zero.

That said, some people, especially unemployed or third world, wrote to put food on the table.  Then you have struggling programmers who do this for a living.  I think most of the dumping cones from that demographics and of course enormous Bitcoin (ie bitminter) pools which get tons of free devcoins from massive hash-rates and instead of distributing them they dump them cause its free money.

Most don't have any vision, they don't believe in DEVcoin or alt coins they just want the quick cash.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:19:42 PM

Question for the senior board members.

Who came up with devcoin's motto:  From many - the Source.  From the Source - The One.

That's so unbelievably brilliant. I'm rarely impressed by logos or mottos but this one is so perfect and has so much deep meaning.  I simply can't think of anything that would make it better.

That said, the logo collection I've seen so far is lacking. Not even close to matching the motto's uniqueness. Can we get the same mind who thought of the motto to think of a coin design?

Feathercoin's simple "IC chip" coin design beats all of ours (and it has a lame feather on it for crying outloud) and I don't see why Devcoin can't have the best looking coin.

And no, finshaggy, no devil coin design (lol).  But it's funny cause the first time I saw the name devcoin I too thought of the same thing. I wonder how many people see DEVcoin and think: devil.  Lol, seriously.  That much more reason we need a beautiful coin design.

owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:31:30 PM

I have a lot of real world items to sell, would selling in Devcoins help increase their value?

It should, as it gives a value to them. The more value we give to them, the more they will be worth.

Even cash, such as USD, has no true value. It has perceived value, because people are willing to accept it in return for goods and services.

DVC = no bid +rats  jumping ship!
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:34:44 PM

Who came up with devcoin's motto:  From many - the Source.  From the Source - The One.

That's so unbelievably brilliant. I'm rarely impressed by logos or mottos but this one is so perfect and has so much deep meaning.  I simply can't think of anything that would make it better.

That said, the logo collection I've seen so far is lacking. Not even close to matching the motto's uniqueness. Can we get the same mind who thought of the motto to think of a coin design?

Feathercoin's simple "IC chip" coin design beats all of ours (and it has a lame feather on it for crying outloud) and I don't see why Devcoin can't have the best looking coin.

And no, finshaggy, no devil coin design (lol).  But it's funny cause the first time I saw the name devcoin I too thought of the same thing. I wonder how many people see DEVcoin and think: devil.  Lol, seriously.  That much more reason we need a beautiful coin design.

that's not going to help because when you launch the client a bitcoin logo pops up only there to trick noobs also if the code was mailed to someone to scam them!jmho
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:39:51 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 10:50:13 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Who came up with devcoin's motto:  From many - the Source.  From the Source - The One.

That's so unbelievably brilliant. I'm rarely impressed by logos or mottos but this one is so perfect and has so much deep meaning.  I simply can't think of anything that would make it better.

And no, finshaggy, no devil coin design (lol).  But it's funny cause the first time I saw the name devcoin I too thought of the same thing. I wonder how many people see DEVcoin and think: devil.  Lol, seriously.  That much more reason we need a beautiful coin design.

that's not going to help because when you launch the client a bitcoin logo pops up only there to trick noobs also if the code was mailed to someone to scam them!jmho

You must have the old client. I downloaded the new one a couple weeks ago and it has Marti's green Atari looking green Devcoin (D) logo.  It's a much better client with the option to encrypt your wallet so you should get it.  It's in devtome's site, there's numerous links on this thread for it, including one from fuzzybear.

Edit:  Also, I have earned devcoins for 2 months now and I had a lot of relatives say I'm getting scammed and I'll never get paid.  Well, I started getting paid for round 23 last week and I get about 350,000 coins per day, every single day.  Devtome and Devcoin are not a scam - if you work you will get paid.  The value may fluctuate greatly but that's a different story, it's the volatile market in general and for the most part it's out of the control of devcoin's management.

owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:48:09 PM

Who came up with devcoin's motto:  From many - the Source.  From the Source - The One.

That's so unbelievably brilliant. I'm rarely impressed by logos or mottos but this one is so perfect and has so much deep meaning.  I simply can't think of anything that would make it better.

And no, finshaggy, no devil coin design (lol).  But it's funny cause the first time I saw the name devcoin I too thought of the same thing. I wonder how many people see DEVcoin and think: devil.  Lol, seriously.  That much more reason we need a beautiful coin design.

You must have the old client. I downloaded the new one a couple weeks ago and it has Marti's green Atari looking green Devcoin (D) logo.  It's a much better client with the option to encrypt your wallet so you should get it.  It's in devtome's site, there's numerous links on this thread for it, including one from fuzzybear.

DVC devolpers hiding in the shadows! ~ virus malware beware peeps!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 11:20:36 PM

Block 93,300 just ticked over.

Can we get a final payout/contribution sheet?

I'm curious how many total shares we have now that round 24 is over.  TIA.

owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 11:22:02 PM

Block 93,300 just ticked over.

Can we get a final payout/contribution sheet?

I'm curious how many total shares we have now that round 24 is over.  TIA.

DVC compromised ~ forked
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 12:27:59 AM

Or make videos.
Or share on facebook.
Or share on twitter.
Or tell your friends.

Wow that wall at 1 penny is going to be huge lol I was thinkin $10 like the devgirl Smiley

$10 is like a year or so away.

Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: