Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:58:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412862 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:40:36 PM

Its not adding a file they are describing, they are describing what you would type to "double click" the file through the command window.

But you can't double click in the black cmd window.  Is that just a term used to say the command executes in the cmd window? 

Cause I know how to pull it up and how to type in commands, but that's about it.  Thanks again.

I have 2 idle laptops and an older 2 CPU quad core xeon Dell server just sitting here all day.  I'd love to accumulate more devcoins if I could mine the other coins and just swap them out at vircurex.  I think a lot of people here could do this.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:42:17 PM

This is the main devcoin thread. The following are popular devcoin links:

ASCMDVCPT - ASICMiner Devcoin  Pass Through
Buy Computer/Mining Parts with Devcoin
Devcoin Advertising Campaign
Devcoin Price Thread
Devcoin Venture
Devcoin QT Wallet For Windows Users
Devtome: Get Hundreds of Thousands of free Devcoins for writing
Earn Devcoins by Writing
Free Devcoins!!!!
Free DVC! Devcoin Faucet Beta Test
Help with Setting Up a Devcoin Wallet - Ya I'm a Noob
IRC Channel: #devcoin on freenode.net
Lottery
Official Site
Time to Buy Devcoins (1 penny each or less)
Where to Spend Devcoins

Devcoin is an ethically inspired project based on the BitCoin crypto-currency and created to help fund open source projects created by programmers, hardware developers, writers, musicians, painters, graphic artists and filmmakers.

Participants in the DevCoin economy earn DevCoins in proportion to their project development. Writers earn devcoins by writing, developers earn bitcoins by developing, artists earn DevCoin by creating, and the same follow for every other category including Administrators who apply their time and effort to help organize the DevCoin project and Marketers who earn devcoins by marketing.

We consider funding open source projects of all sorts, so if you have one idea that needs funding and you like us to take a look, please, by all means, submit your project at Cryptostocks and share with the DevCoin community over our this thread. We understand you may not want to discuss your idea in public, if that's the case, please submit it to unthinkingbit@gmail.com.

Download instructions are at:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin#download

The number of devcoins offered is large because the generation is fifty thousand per block, one thousand times the initial bitcoin generation rate. Devcoins can be traded at:
https://vps.vircurex.com/welcome/index?base=dvc&alt=btc

Besides bounties, the remainder of the 90% of generation is going to the open source developers on the bitcoin donation list:
https://github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/blob/master/bitcoinshare.html

and to the open source developers who are developing other stuff on the devcoin share list:
https://github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/blob/master/devcoinshare.html

To get on a donation list, an open source developer can message me or post in an active devcoin thread. They could also post in the original induction thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18498

However, since there are few posts in the original induction thread I'm not checking it often.

The developers on the bitcoin donation list can see their devcoins by running a devcoin client and importing their bitcoin donation key into devcoin. One way of importing that key is by following the README.txt instructions for the modified version of bitcoin tools which incorporates Matt Giuca's privkeyimport:
https://github.com/Unthinkingbit/bitcointools

They could also use Jackjack's pywallet:
https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

the instructions for which are in the Pywallet section at the bottom of the post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586.msg432697#msg432697

DEVCOIN = SCAM BEWARE!!!
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:43:18 PM

Its not adding a file they are describing, they are describing what you would type to "double click" the file through the command window.

But you can't double click in the black cmd window.  Is that just a term used to say the command executes in the cmd window? 

Cause I know how to pull it up and how to type in commands, but that's about it.  Thanks again.

I have 2 idle laptops and an older 2 CPU quad core xeon Dell server just sitting here all day.  I'd love to accumulate more devcoins if I could mine the other coins and just swap them out at vircurex.  I think a lot of people here could do this.

why DEVCOIN is about to be delisted lol
marticps

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:49:10 PM

troll if you wanna say something explain yourself or shut up.

BTC: 1D8PbvnLDrfEC78Q7fbiqxvdm7kML4hiqT | DVC: 1GftqKkDcjAQzQT9544vzyPBYBY8FL6qQy
Share and grow: Creative Commons, Copyleft | Earn Devcoins by Writing
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:05:14 PM

[/quote]

DEVCOIN = SCAM BEWARE!!!
[/quote]

Nothing you posted says scam.  In fact, devcoin has survived longer than most coins and has the broadest appeal and most likely the broadest and largest base of ownership.  And the only coin with some sort of business plan.

So then, I feel compelled to ask:

Jealous much?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:11:47 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 08:00:13 PM by Vlad2Vlad

But you can't double click in the black cmd window.  Is that just a term used to say the command executes in the cmd window?  

Cause I know how to pull it up and how to type in commands, but that's about it.  Thanks again.

I have 2 idle laptops and an older 2 CPU quad core xeon Dell server just sitting here all day.  I'd love to accumulate more devcoins if I could mine the other coins and just swap them out at vircurex.  I think a lot of people here could do this.

Your arguments are void of logic and facts.  Coins don't get delisted due to value.  It's either cause they're dead due to 51% attacks or because there's ZERO interest.  

Doing a 51% attack on Devcoin would be very very difficult cause of the high difficulty rate and the high network rate.

And I currently do not see anyone losing interest in devcoin; on the contrary, I would argue devcoin is seeing an explosion in awareness on a global basis, currently at exponential growth which I think will turn logarithmic in 3-9 months.  No coin is showing such an enormous spike in interest.

While there are some issues to be resolved, the underlying fundamentals of devcoin are solid and given it's the only coin with some sort of business plan means Devcoin is the first truly CryptoStock, ahead of even Bitcoin, which, without a business plan, is nothing more than a pyramid scheme.

But I'm sure you already knew all this, after-all, I've only been doing this for roughly 60 days and it's plainly obvious to me.

owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:19:08 PM

troll if you wanna say something explain yourself or shut up.

ya the posters pumping touting devcoin are scammers because of false claims and hype regarding adding content to earn devcoins!
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:22:11 PM

But you can't double click in the black cmd window.  Is that just a term used to say the command executes in the cmd window?  

Cause I know how to pull it up and how to type in commands, but that's about it.  Thanks again.

I have 2 idle laptops and an older 2 CPU quad core xeon Dell server just sitting here all day.  I'd love to accumulate more devcoins if I could mine the other coins and just swap them out at vircurex.  I think a lot of people here could do this.

You're an assclown.  Coins don't get delisted due to value.  It's either cause they're dead due to 51% attacks or because there's ZERO interest.  

Doing a 51% attack on Devcoin would be very very difficult cause of the high difficulty rate and the high network rate.

And I currently do not see anyone losing interest in devcoin; on the contrary, I would argue devcoin is seeing an explosion in awareness on a global basis, currently at exponential growth which I think will turn logarithmic in 3-9 months.  No coin is showing such an enormous spike in interest.

While there are some issues to be resolved, the underlying fundamentals of devcoin are solid and given it's the only coin with some sort of business plan means Devcoin is the first truly CryptoStock, ahead of even Bitcoin, which, without a business plan, is nothing more than a pyramid scheme.

But I'm sure you already knew all this, after-all, I've only been doing this for roughly 60 days and it's plainly obvious to me.

CryptoStock what iz dat?   what symbol? what exchange do CryptoStockzzz trade on? LOL
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:42:02 PM

He must be 13, he literally puts one 'lol' in every post he writes
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=125869;sa=showPosts

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:43:35 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/feathercoin-launches-ebay-style-auction-marketplace/

thank you nice link! ^^^
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:47:28 PM

who laerndd youse how to spoke?...
wait wat

DEVCOIN seems like a scam someone please prove me wrong!
It is indeed a scam, you should run far far away!

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:57:50 PM

who laerndd youse how to spoke?...
wait wat

DEVCOIN seems like a scam someone please prove me wrong!
It is indeed a scam, you should run far far away!

ya i herd stuff on other boards about Devcoin being linked to evil stuff! SCAM BEWARE VIRUS~~~

*btw how do i member mark you?
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:36:28 PM

CryptoStock what iz dat?   what symbol? what exchange do CryptoStockzzz trade on? LOL

CryptoStocks is itself an exchange. You can see several DVC-denominated securities on it: https://cryptostocks.com/securities

Chromia: a better dapp platform
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:58:44 PM

who laerndd youse how to spoke?...DEVCOIN seems like a scam someone please prove me wrong!

Dude, I gave you facts and you come back with childish remarks.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have started out with calling you a name, I will edit that post.

However, I'm open minded, if devcoin is a scam I would like to know about it and make an objective decion.  But nothing you have posted proves anything of the sort.

And I gave you facts - such as devcoin is at least attempting a business plan.  Devcoin employed me at a time when even a guy like me with 2 BS degrees is having a hard time finding work.  None of this is being done by anybody, not even the all-mighty bitcoin.  And this is an incredible competitive advantage.

And cryptostocks are something I recently wrote about, a theory but it is definitely a possible thing and if devcoin pulls this off and starts to earn money it will be the first CryptoStock on earth.  Which simply means a currency / Stock hybrid, a currency which actually employs you or works for you and pays back dividends instead of laying dead in a bank account making the bankers rich.  

This is a phenomenal new industry which is being missed by everyone but if I'm right there will be a massive explosion in the next 1-2 years in awareness and most of all in the investment community where stock investors and speculators will buy coins as they do stocks and seeing how devcoin is the only one with a business plan it should be at the top of the BUY list.

Please explain your evidence if you have any.  Thanks in advance.

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:02:28 PM

Just put him on ignore.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:05:24 PM

CryptoStocks is itself an exchange. You can see several DVC-denominated securities on it: https://cryptostocks.com/securities

YA MAN >> SEE LOOKS SAFE !!LOL
(from their site!) >>
Due to the recent security breach we are required to discard all wallet addresses. Do not deposit any funds to your previous created addresses, you must create new addresses. Funds transferred to the old addresses cannot be recovered.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:07:12 PM

who laerndd youse how to spoke?...DEVCOIN seems like a scam someone please prove me wrong!

Dude, I gave you facts and you come back with childish remarks.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have started out with calling you a name, I will edit that post.

However, I'm open minded, if devcoin is a scam I would like to know about it and make an objective decion.  But nothing you have posted proves anything of the sort.

And I gave you facts - such as devcoin is at least attempting a business plan.  Devcoin employed me at a time when even a guy like me with 2 BS degrees is having a hard time finding work.  None of this is being done by anybody, not even the all-mighty bitcoin.  And this is an incredible competitive advantage.

And cryptostocks are something I recently wrote about, a theory but it is definitely a possible thing and if devcoin pulls this off and starts to earn money it will be the first CryptoStock on earth.  Which simply means a currency / Stock hybrid, a currency which actually employs you or works for you and pays back dividends instead of laying dead in a bank account making the bankers rich.  

This is a phenomenal new industry which is being missed by everyone but if I'm right there will be a massive explosion in the next 1-2 years in awareness and most of all in the investment community where stock investors and speculators will buy coins as they do stocks and seeing how devcoin is the only one with a business plan it should be at the top of the BUY list.

Please explain your evidence if you have any.  Thanks in advance.

WHO IS DEVELOPING A BUSINESS PLAN? >> NAME >> LINK?
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:22:11 PM

Everyone see the ignore button under his name? You can just ignore him, then the trust button there also has some cool features Cheesy

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:26:21 PM

Everyone see the ignore button under his name? You can just ignore him, then the trust button there also has some cool features Cheesy

LMFAO~! ya ignore the obvious *click iggy button!*>> all ostriches stick your head in the sand!!!weeee Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:53:23 PM

no one can refute what i;m saying! DEVCOINS = BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: