Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:27:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412870 times)
TaxReturn

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:15:55 PM

Fin, just put him on ignore, it's pointless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

This is exactly one of the solutions I mentioned in a previous post on here. I asked why can't Devcoins be destroyed via a Freicoin style demurrage to cap the rate of inflation and people flamed me for it. They hated the idea of destroying Devcoins for any reason but I do think this solution has a chance to work and should be implemented robustly.

It makes no sense to have demurrage in devcoin because inflation already has similar effect.

What makes sense is destruction of fees which normally go to miners... In this case higher trade volume will make coins more valuable. You can't get same kind of behavior via demurrage.
Devcoin  exploits your system via spybot
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:17:29 PM

Fin, just put him on ignore, it's pointless.

ignore the obvious noobs
kibu

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:18:23 PM

DVC has becoming less and less valuable, is nobody buying this coin anymore?
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:21:49 PM

One of the writers on devtome, Wiser, posted this article outlining their experience and ideas for the project. I think it's definitely worth a read and some thinking through:  http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=on_writing_and_market_forces

I just realized I need to add a section about number of words rewarded per month.  I will post it once I do.

Also, I know I am missing details about how shares are divided up.  If anyone has an article which clarifies that and is more accurate, please pm me and I will link to it  Smiley

I think I have a solution to determine a pay structure. We should go with a meritocracy based around a badge system. These badges would act as rank and determine how much each writer gets paid.

This way you would have granularity, merit, reward for quality, and reward for work. This badge system could also apply to programmers, musicians, or anything else. In order to get a basic level badge an individual would have to pass an exam. This exam should cost some coins and this would prevent spammers. The exam process would make it easier for Fuzzybear or whomever to review works. Perhaps eventually let random community members or even pay individuals to review them. The initial badge would declare that the individual meets the minimum qualification to be recognized as a writer, a programmer, or whatever.

Then over time reward with different higher level badges. These different badges will act as rank and as long as the writer continues to write their pay grade will be a bit higher based on the quality of their previous work as recognized by their badge. There should be different sorts of badges passed around throughout the community which recognize different kinds of competency.

Integrity for example is very valuable no matter if you're a writer, programmer or anything else and a lot of us would rather see the rewards go to community members with proven integrity. This would act similar to ebay or amazon where people maintain a good reputation and can get business but scammers and cheats don't. The better the reputation and integrity of the artist, developer, etc, the greater the portion of shares they should get.

This would allow for the community to reward qualities not just of the work itself, but of the author or developer themselves and factor that into how much they get paid. For instance if Fin Shaggy is known to be a man of honor and integrity then he eventually will receive a badge and that badge will allow him to be recognized for that in pay rank. If Fin Shaggy is also known to be very competent at writing then he could get a badge for that and be recognized for that and get the $50 per share rate but the next person who does not have that badge or who isn't known as being a very competent writer, they'll have to focus more on earning the badge than on just pumping out low quality content. This will force them to actually care about the quality of their work for the badge.

The badge should be difficult to revoke if it's an integrity badge. If it's a competency badge then it should be permanent for writers because if a writer proves they can produce a good piece of art work or software that should be enough. The next step would be to create ranks which are even higher than badges which I'll call medals. Give the medals out to the truly exceptional people. It works very well in sports such as professional boxing or basketball where the champions and gold medalists are recognized as being the best and get the sponsorships.

This way established writers with good reputations for producing quality work will have badges, medals, and other qualifications and these should determine the worth of their shares. This way it's not marketing, it's not word count, it's not equally distributed like communism,  it's merit and competency and these badges could stay with the developer no matter what coin they use in the future. If Ethicoin, Devcoin, Bitcoin, Litecoin or Futurecoin becomes popular these badges will still have established the merit and rank and would persist throughout all of that.

This way I'll immediately know which among you are talented at whatever, which among you are knowledgeable or skilled, and which among you are honorable.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:23:07 PM

DVC virus isn't delisted yet i'm surprised = exploit detected
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:24:32 PM

Too much merged mining - my guess the pools and miners just dump it for whatever they can get.  There's also thousands of people (developers, writers, etc) who earn these coins and need the money so they're dumping as well.  I haven't sold any of my devcoins and I'm now down about 70%.  Ouch!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:24:50 PM

One of the writers on devtome, Wiser, posted this article outlining their experience and ideas for the project. I think it's definitely worth a read and some thinking through:  http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=on_writing_and_market_forces

I just realized I need to add a section about number of words rewarded per month.  I will post it once I do.

Also, I know I am missing details about how shares are divided up.  If anyone has an article which clarifies that and is more accurate, please pm me and I will link to it  Smiley

I think I have a solution to determine a pay structure. We should go with a meritocracy based around a badge system. These badges would act as rank and determine how much each writer gets paid.

This way you would have granularity, merit, reward for quality, and reward for work. This badge system could also apply to programmers, musicians, or anything else. In order to get a basic level badge an individual would have to pass an exam. This exam should cost some coins and this would prevent spammers. The exam process would make it easier for Fuzzybear or whomever to review works. Perhaps eventually let random community members or even pay individuals to review them. The initial badge would declare that the individual meets the minimum qualification to be recognized as a writer, a programmer, or whatever.

Then over time reward with different higher level badges. These different badges will act as rank and as long as the writer continues to write their pay grade will be a bit higher based on the quality of their previous work as recognized by their badge. There should be different sorts of badges passed around throughout the community which recognize different kinds of competency.

Integrity for example is very valuable no matter if you're a writer, programmer or anything else and a lot of us would rather see the rewards go to community members with proven integrity. This would act similar to ebay or amazon where people maintain a good reputation and can get business but scammers and cheats don't. The better the reputation and integrity of the artist, developer, etc, the greater the portion of shares they should get.

This would allow for the community to reward qualities not just of the work itself, but of the author or developer themselves and factor that into how much they get paid. For instance if Fin Shaggy is known to be a man of honor and integrity then he eventually will receive a badge and that badge will allow him to be recognized for that in pay rank. If Fin Shaggy is also known to be very competent at writing then he could get a badge for that and be recognized for that and get the $50 per share rate but the next person who does not have that badge or who isn't known as being a very competent writer, they'll have to focus more on earning the badge than on just pumping out low quality content. This will force them to actually care about the quality of their work for the badge.

The badge should be difficult to revoke if it's an integrity badge. If it's a competency badge then it should be permanent for writers because if a writer proves they can produce a good piece of art work or software that should be enough. The next step would be to create ranks which are even higher than badges which I'll call medals. Give the medals out to the truly exceptional people.

This way established writers with good reputations for producing quality work will have badges, medals, and other qualifications and these should determine the worth of their shares. This way it's not marketing, it's not word count, it's not equally distributed like communism,  it's merit and competency and these badges could stay with the developer no matter what coin they use in the future. If Ethicoin, Devcoin, Bitcoin, Litecoin or Futurecoin becomes popular these badges will still have established the merit and rank and would persist throughout all of that.

This way I'll immediately know which among you are talented at whatever, which among you are knowledgeable or skilled, and which among you are honorable.

badges will be involved yes lol
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:25:38 PM

Too much merged mining - my guess the pools and miners just dump it for whatever they can get.  There's also thousands of people (developers, writers, etc) who earn these coins and need the money so they're dumping as well.  I haven't sold any of my devcoins and I'm now down about 70%.  Ouch!

sell sell sell no bid coming
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:26:20 PM

The problem is the selling, plenty of people are buying, they are just taking advantage of the crazy low sell rates.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:26:44 PM

One of the writers on devtome, Wiser, posted this article outlining their experience and ideas for the project. I think it's definitely worth a read and some thinking through:  http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=on_writing_and_market_forces

I just realized I need to add a section about number of words rewarded per month.  I will post it once I do.

Also, I know I am missing details about how shares are divided up.  If anyone has an article which clarifies that and is more accurate, please pm me and I will link to it  Smiley

The badge should be difficult to revoke if it's an integrity badge. If it's a competency badge then it should be permanent for writers because if a writer proves they can produce a good piece of art work or software that should be enough. The next step would be to create ranks which are even higher than badges which I'll call medals. Give the medals out to the truly exceptional people.

I love your badge/rank idea! It's actually how a lot of writers (well, most jobs) already get paid. As you write more (or work more) you get promotions that increase your available job breadth and your pay for doing the work. Kind of like going from a cook at McDonald's to a manager to a district manager. As you prove your ability you keep getting promoted.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:28:52 PM

I think that's a really good idea.  It may take a few months but it sounds like a fair way of doing things.

FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:34:54 PM

If everyone accepted no less than 1 penny, Devcoins would be worth 1 penny.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:36:27 PM

thats ok we need the trolls more than they need us.. they will know their roll one day in a sad realization and jump off the cliff like lemmings.. until then keep it up we need more "things" like u
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:38:38 PM

thats ok we need the trolls more than they need us.. they will know their roll one day in a sad realization and jump off the cliff like lemmings.. until then keep it up we need more "things" like u
...don't be afraid of the Wolf pack>>sheeple baaahahaha
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:39:34 PM

If everyone accepted no less than 1 penny, Devcoins would be worth 1 penny.

no bid coming and knock on your door at 4 am
vindimy

Activity: 239

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:18:55 PM

Have you guys tried asking BTC-e to start trading DVC yet? It would help ALTcointip bot to start showing DVC USD/EURO/RUR values next to DVC tips.

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:45:50 PM

Have you guys tried asking BTC-e to start trading DVC yet? It would help ALTcointip bot to start showing DVC USD/EURO/RUR values next to DVC tips.
I did after tipping the creator of it (is that you?) but they replied with no and wouldn't give a reason. It's now on cryptsy, mcxnow, crypto-trade (with little volume) as well as vircurex.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:55:40 PM

I'm still accumulating it but I'm gonna wait a couple weeks for it to bottom. So far I bought at .00041 and at $.00021.

jaywaka2713

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:57:16 PM

I'm still accumulating it but I'm gonna wait a couple weeks for it to bottom. So far I bought at .00041 and at $.00021.

I bought up almost a million at 0.00000108 BTC.

Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: