Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412862 times)
Balthozar

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:54:31 AM

Okay, well I haven't had the chance to catch up on all of the posts over memorial day weekend, I was out of town. But I thought I would drop in before I go out to say that I am promoting DVC by writing devcoin.org on all of my cash. Yes, arguably I just committed a crime... but hopefully someone will be like "Wonder what this is?" Then go check it out, and if he tells two friends, and they tell two friends... well you see where it is going.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 02:22:43 AM

Ok so we seem to be in agreement then that it’s about cryptos generally, not bitcoin. In which case to bring this full circle and as a statement rather than question this time: why would anyone who doesn't fulfill that lucky category of early adopter choose to acquire and use btc as currency. Probably worth some thought, and then what that may mean for the issue of relative inflation of growing numbers of so-called other crypto currencies vs devcoin's.  And speaking of survival strategies, unemployment and crypto adoption, there just so happens to be a coin to assist in addressing that Wink

I pre-apologize for this long post but it is all very relevant to the future of devcoin and it involves the risks and benefits of all who contribute to devcoin, now and in the future.

Amin, weisoq, short term, Devcoin is hitting on all cylinders.  Right time and right place, they're in the hyper growth phase right now so cutting back on printing coins is not possible, nor a good idea, now or in the near term.

We have High global unemployment and devcoin is everywhere offering jobs with real pay.  This is why I said the upward pressure variables will grow exponentially and some logarithmically while the downward pressure factors such as dilution and selling will only grow linearly which will result in large to enormous upward pressures on the devcoin price.

My only issue is that it looks like we're paying third world country contributors first world country shares.  That will wreak havoc on the system in a matter of months.  I hope there's a plan to pay a triple the national average salary (which is generous, i wish i could get triple the national averafe here) in those countries which is generous and will help stem abuse, poor contributions and a mass exodus of educated top notch first world country talent.  

One other thing that happens when you pay a 3rd wold country person a full to 2 years of wages in a single month is that he will undoubtably dump it all on the market cause he's never seen anything like it and knows something that good will never last and word of mouth will spread and the damage will be near instant.  It's like deccoin giving us $50,000-$80,000 worth of real dollar coins for 1 month of programming or working. Who wouldn't sell it all, for many it's life changing money?  That's how it is in 3rd world countries, I know I lived there for many years.

So besides the destruction of total share value a secondary negative effect caused by paying 3rd world countries equal shares will be a sudden and massive implosion of the devcoin price.  Where in America, Germany, etc even $3,000 in a month of wages is not a lot to most and at worst most would only sell a portion and in many cases like mine, since I can pay my bills in other ways, I won't sell any coins.  

So 3rd world country people who desperately need the money would most always dump all their coins which would further drops the price of devcoin. This is the second reason share payouts in 3rd wold countries should be generous but in line with their national average incomes and cost of living there.

I'm seeing devcoin has already gone global so I hope they have a fair and sound business solution for this.  It might sound unfair but these countries also have, for the most part, also 1/10th the cost of living expenses to go with the 1/10th the income of the US, and any person there would feel lucky to sit at home and make 2-3 times the national average instead of digging ditches or weighing tables with a computer science degree.  

Let's keep our compassion in check and do this thing right.  Devcoin is the first real CryptoStock in the world and I'd hate to see poor yet simple decisions destroy this beautiful thing which is, I believe, on the brink of catching global fire and really taking off.  How many remember what a logarithmic graph looks like from high school?  Think Hyperbole!!!!  It's a short lived and rare phenomenon which can make people very rich and I think the situation and factors for devcoin are all near set up but one major miscalculation could prove a huge setback.  

This type of success is truly possible with devcoin and soon, it could start in 3-6 months, but we have to keep good top notch content coming and I suggest unthinkingbit et al putting some system in place to first warn then potentially fire people who don't rightfully earn their coins with good service and or content.  This system is new and like all new systems it's ripe for abuse.

I realize by saying this I could get myself fired as I'm not a pro writer although I try to do a large variety types of articles since I don't know what works - if short, long, music, politics, green energy, economics, conspiracy theories, or poetry works best, given the vast and diverse US population, so until we get the page counter going I tried to hit on all of the above.  I'm trying to cover the occasional reader up to the millions of college students looking for long research papers - just one of the research papers I wrote was 36 pages and I have no way of knowing if all that labor was worthless and if a few much shorter articles on Michael Jackson and Prince would bring in 10 times as many readers.  

so for all i know i may be one of the ones who deserves to be put on notice or fired but there should be a protocol for this for the sake of all the good and great contributors.  At any rate, Fair Quality control with steps for disciplinary action up to termination has to be put into effect ASAP to stem abuse and what would result in a real and effective theft of shares from everyone else.  

Besides the argument of coin dilution, ad nauseum, this is another major issue that has been on my mind so I hope, like the coin printing issue, devcoin management has some kind of plan in the works.

Regards,

Vlad

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
metazilla

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:23:36 AM

Hi all, I'm having an issue with Devtome that I'm curious if anyone else is also experiencing. The first page I load on the wiki will load fine, but if I then load a second page I get a connection failure. I've noticed that this problem won't occur if I wait 20-30 seconds in between loading pages, but this is incredibly annoying, especially when I'm trying to preview the formatting of an article I'm writing, then lose the work when the page fails to load.

If this is a widespread issue, I could see it turning off a lot of potential readers, and take away from the potential exposure the wiki is giving Devcoin. Unless there's something wrong on my end (which I doubt, because I've had similar issues on other computers and networks) it seems like something that could be resolved by getting my reliable hosting. If that is indeed the case I'd propose that whoever is in charge of hosting receive 1 or 2 shares so they can upgrade to more reliable hosting.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 05:55:16 AM

DeVCoin is not producing any more coins really than "normal" until it reaches the block at which, if it had been bitcoin, it would have halved the block reward. That isd, when it is approximately four years old. Until then it is not doing anything different than any normal coin really.

So maybe the only trick needed is to somehow make sure that when we reach that point we are still growing enough that people are actually glad we aren't halving the block reward.

I don't think that is really very difficult.

Think of DeVCoins as millicoins if that helps. People keep talking about 200 million coins being produced per round, but really that is more like 200,000 coins, it is just that DeVCoin chose to move its decimal point early to avoid all the arguments bitcoin was having about people not liking to use fractions of a coin, the decimanl point has to be moved etc.

We moved the decimal point early is all, we are producing 50 coins per block the same as bitcoin used to, but we call those 50 coins 50 thousand coins just to avoid all the old arguments about the need to move the decimal position.

The fears about coins hitting the market lowering the price interest me because I am wondering whether such fears are strong enough that they could actually be leveraged to support a game?

I am thinking of things like, lets say, just as an off the cuff idea indicating the type of ideas I have in mind, a game in which planets are formed out of coins, so that every ton or kilo or whatever matter the planet is formed of is a coin. Those coins could thus only be spent by reducing the amount of matter in the game. This would lead to some pressure to vanish matter from the game to get coins to spend, but if billions of coins were tied up in the game would people's fear of having billions of coins hit the market motivate them to make the game interesting and keep players playing and bring in new players and so on purely for the sake of ensuring the game continues to be played so that the game does not shut down thus does not disband all those coins back into coins instead of freezing them as matter within the game?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:01:07 AM

Note that a huge number of the DeVCoins frozen into cold wallets so that tokens representing them can exist on the Digitalis Open Transactions server are already tied up in game stuff. I went looking recently for active digiDeVCoins (the tokens that are used in the Open Transactions server to represent DeVCoins) and discovered that vast numbers of them are tied up in the abstract "economic sectors" system...

The same applies to a number of the other currencies on the server.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:28:34 AM

Is it my imagination or is void_s_life Ender's Game with names changed and paraphrased. Void is Ender. Jewels is Valentine. Dan is Peter. Flob's are the Buggers. Space Fleet are the Astronaughts. The device is the monitor. Stailson is Stilson. How does devtome protect against this sort of thing generally?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 08:16:12 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 08:41:11 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Note that a huge number of the DeVCoins frozen into cold wallets so that tokens representing them can exist on the Digitalis Open Transactions server are already tied up in game stuff. I went looking recently for active digiDeVCoins (the tokens that are used in the Open Transactions server to represent DeVCoins) and discovered that vast numbers of them are tied up in the abstract "economic sectors" system...

The same applies to a number of the other currencies on the server.

-MarkM-

MarkM, you've mentioned before how billions of devcoins have been borrowed for various video games.  But you said its a non-event since it's all virtual and they can't even pay the interest let alone buy back the coins.

But now you're saying tons of actual devcoins are "tied up" in or due to various video games.  As in they cannot be sold on the open marlet because they have been esentially been borrowed against an X number of actual Devcoins?  

Is this right?  If so how many devcoins are locked down and for how long or what would it take to release them and what happens in game X where a guy borrowed Devcoins and say Devcoin goes up 1,600 fold overnight to $1, who pays what and who loses that massive amount?

Cause if so then there's nothing virtual or unreal about this matter.  If this is true then it has a real and profound effect on how devcoin will appreciate eventually.  If this is true then this greatly reduces the actual outstanding number of devcoins or actually the float in stock terms and the float is what counts as it's the float which holds the inertia of a particular stock and prevents it or makes it much harder to take off when upward pressures ensue.

Can you confirm and maybe add some color as this is very confusing.  TIA

Edit:  MarkM, can you also quickly mention 2 or 3 of the other coins you say are also locked up in this virtual economic world?  Like how about ixCoin?  Thanks again.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:42:16 AM

Ok so we seem to be in agreement then that it’s about cryptos generally, not bitcoin. In which case to bring this full circle and as a statement rather than question this time: why would anyone who doesn't fulfill that lucky category of early adopter choose to acquire and use btc as currency. Probably worth some thought, and then what that may mean for the issue of relative inflation of growing numbers of so-called other crypto currencies vs devcoin's.  And speaking of survival strategies, unemployment and crypto adoption, there just so happens to be a coin to assist in addressing that Wink

I pre-apologize for this long post but it is all very relevant to the future of devcoin and it involves the risks and benefits of all who contribute to devcoin, now and in the future.

Amin, weisoq, short term, Devcoin is hitting on all cylinders.  Right time and right place, they're in the hyper growth phase right now so cutting back on printing coins is not possible, nor a good idea, now or in the near term.

We have High global unemployment and devcoin is everywhere offering jobs with real pay.  This is why I said the upward pressure variables will grow exponentially and some logarithmically while the downward pressure factors such as dilution and selling will only grow linearly which will result in large to enormous upward pressures on the devcoin price.

My only issue is that it looks like we're paying third world country contributors first world country shares.  That will wreak havoc on the system in a matter of months.  I hope there's a plan to pay a triple the national average salary (which is generous, i wish i could get triple the national averafe here) in those countries which is generous and will help stem abuse, poor contributions and a mass exodus of educated top notch first world country talent.  

One other thing that happens when you pay a 3rd wold country person a full to 2 years of wages in a single month is that he will undoubtably dump it all on the market cause he's never seen anything like it and knows something that good will never last and word of mouth will spread and the damage will be near instant.  It's like deccoin giving us $50,000-$80,000 worth of real dollar coins for 1 month of programming or working. Who wouldn't sell it all, for many it's life changing money?  That's how it is in 3rd world countries, I know I lived there for many years.

So besides the destruction of total share value a secondary negative effect caused by paying 3rd world countries equal shares will be a sudden and massive implosion of the devcoin price.  Where in America, Germany, etc even $3,000 in a month of wages is not a lot to most and at worst most would only sell a portion and in many cases like mine, since I can pay my bills in other ways, I won't sell any coins.  

So 3rd world country people who desperately need the money would most always dump all their coins which would further drops the price of devcoin. This is the second reason share payouts in 3rd wold countries should be generous but in line with their national average incomes and cost of living there.

I'm seeing devcoin has already gone global so I hope they have a fair and sound business solution for this.  It might sound unfair but these countries also have, for the most part, also 1/10th the cost of living expenses to go with the 1/10th the income of the US, and any person there would feel lucky to sit at home and make 2-3 times the national average instead of digging ditches or weighing tables with a computer science degree.  

Let's keep our compassion in check and do this thing right.  Devcoin is the first real CryptoStock in the world and I'd hate to see poor yet simple decisions destroy this beautiful thing which is, I believe, on the brink of catching global fire and really taking off.  How many remember what a logarithmic graph looks like from high school?  Think Hyperbole!!!!  It's a short lived and rare phenomenon which can make people very rich and I think the situation and factors for devcoin are all near set up but one major miscalculation could prove a huge setback.  

This type of success is truly possible with devcoin and soon, it could start in 3-6 months, but we have to keep good top notch content coming and I suggest unthinkingbit et al putting some system in place to first warn then potentially fire people who don't rightfully earn their coins with good service and or content.  This system is new and like all new systems it's ripe for abuse.

I realize by saying this I could get myself fired as I'm not a pro writer although I try to do a large variety types of articles since I don't know what works - if short, long, music, politics, green energy, economics, conspiracy theories, or poetry works best, given the vast and diverse US population, so until we get the page counter going I tried to hit on all of the above.  I'm trying to cover the occasional reader up to the millions of college students looking for long research papers - just one of the research papers I wrote was 36 pages and I have no way of knowing if all that labor was worthless and if a few much shorter articles on Michael Jackson and Prince would bring in 10 times as many readers.  

so for all i know i may be one of the ones who deserves to be put on notice or fired but there should be a protocol for this for the sake of all the good and great contributors.  At any rate, Fair Quality control with steps for disciplinary action up to termination has to be put into effect ASAP to stem abuse and what would result in a real and effective theft of shares from everyone else.  

Besides the argument of coin dilution, ad nauseum, this is another major issue that has been on my mind so I hope, like the coin printing issue, devcoin management has some kind of plan in the works.

Regards,

Vlad

You are stressing too much. There's already been a levelling out in global developer salaries (that's why a third of Google engineers come from India!). So I don't think there'll be a rush to develop Devcoin from those countries unless they close down all the Microsoft/Intel/Google etc business parks in Bangalore! It's actually the eastern european developers who are lagging behind in pay and that's mainly because they arn't an English language country like southern India. But once Silicon Valley gets over it's anti-English prejudice and opens business parks in Romania etc, that will change.

The main problem Romania has is the way it is portrayed in the press. If you say Bangalore to people, they instantly think "software". But if you say Romania (a place with similar population to Bangalore), people think "gypsies". It's pure prejudice - and totally wrong. One of the reasons for keeping Devcoin open to all comers at the same wages is that it helps talented people who are shut out of the global market simply because people are prejudiced about their country of origin and won't even look at their skills or talent. Devcoin to change the world!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 12:04:02 PM

Is it my imagination or is void_s_life Ender's Game with names changed and paraphrased. Void is Ender. Jewels is Valentine. Dan is Peter. Flob's are the Buggers. Space Fleet are the Astronaughts. The device is the monitor. Stailson is Stilson. How does devtome protect against this sort of thing generally?

bump can someone check this please? i have not read ender's game so I do not know

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
jiefangqian

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:07:42 PM

Welcome!My p2pdvc bond is in cryptostocks.com. Kiss

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 12:30:29 PM

Yup i saw Smiley gtz i bought a LOAD to Smiley

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
grc

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:15:04 PM

bump can someone check this please? i have not read ender's game so I do not know

Yeah, it definitely looks like it has been copied from Ender's Game. It's essentially a shortened and paraphrased version of the first two chapters.
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:47:40 PM

Yup i saw Smiley gtz i bought a LOAD to Smiley

I really hope you are joking....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216652.msg2306219#msg2306219

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
ondratra

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:58:54 PM

do you have a book to compare to?

I am also interested how we will protect devtome vs such 'attacks'
ondratra

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:01:39 PM

Guys when  writing on  153 page of this very chaos topic I am wondering - what about a separate DevCoin forum? We could just install BB forum and make our own structure - not "all in one" topic
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:18:08 PM

Guys when  writing on  153 page of this very chaos topic I am wondering - what about a separate DevCoin forum? We could just install BB forum and make our own structure - not "all in one" topic

I can easily setup a smf forum in 3 hours for devcoin, but seems there's no eager to such kind of things ...

And we could well promote devcoin via this forum since many people here, if a new forum, how we could drive people to that new one?

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
ashleysly

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:34:07 PM

Is a bounty for making a GPT site offering Devcoins?

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
acs26

May 29, 2013, 07:18:10 PM

Yeah, it definitely looks like it has been copied from Ender's Game. It's essentially a shortened and paraphrased version of the first two chapters.

Er, sorry for that guys. I want to basically still follow Ender's Game, but I guess I got a little too carried away with staying with the basic plot. Re-writting it, but keeping far away from the plot of Ender's Game. (I didn't mean to make it completely a Ender's Game remake. Sorry guys.)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 07:25:40 PM

I couldn't agree more on what you say. Smiley

Deadsea33, whom are you referring to?

tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:42:18 PM

Er, sorry for that guys. I want to basically still follow Ender's Game, but I guess I got a little too carried away with staying with the basic plot. Re-writting it, but keeping far away from the plot of Ender's Game. (I didn't mean to make it completely a Ender's Game remake. Sorry guys.)

Yeah but you can't just paraphrase the events, I read it and it's de-ja-vu inducingly similar.
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: