Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:09:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412862 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 03:02:42 PM

Check the emfox post a few pages back and follow the instruction. Remember that vircurex charge you 100 dvc fee

ok.  I saw that but I figure 100 DVC is like 1 cent so compared to the $50 banksters charge I was shocked in a good way.  don't worry, banksters will hijack this entire market once it's obvious it's here to stay.

So what's your first and second pick for the next bitcoin explosive coin?  And why if you have any real reason although instinct is good enough.  We should start a thread to see what people's instinct says about what the next big coin will be but try to not let confirmation bias cloud your feelings and contaminate your instinct.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

So maybe this is a blessing in disquise, since most writers etc probably earn coins to immediately sell them then maybe there will be less people competing for round 24.

Devcoin/Devtome is getting its own forum sections, faucets, YouTube videos, blog articles and more soon... So I wouldn't count on ^that^. BUT, the smaller shares get and the more widespread coins get, the more valuable they become Smiley

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Jakewell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:11:14 PM

how many dev coins are out there in total?
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 03:16:11 PM

180,000,000 + 10% per round. 22 rounds.

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:39:06 PM

Vlad, markm's looking at DVC/BTC you're looking at DVC/USD. While (imo) it is correct to look at the value vs $ or £ or whatever (and i see a lot of trends/trades that make little sense when viewed against fiat rather than btc) most trade vs BTC. For example, right now the bid/offer in DVC/BTC translates to 0.00019/0.000212 in dollar terms, ignoring transaction fees. For now there's not much liquidity in trading most alts vs dollars so you'll be lucky to get decent prices, in fact this is one of the current barriers to better alt take-up.

that's confusing me a bit.  are you saying it's cheaper to buy devcoins in dollars versus say BTC?  riskless arbitrage would fix that problem in a matter of minutes if that was the case but then again who's looking for arbitrage opportunities on these illiquid sites so early on. 

I don't have any BTC so I simply buy any of the coins I want the old fashioned way like my grandparents used to do, using dollars.  oh no, it has already started.
It's not that it's necessarily cheaper, but that if/when you're looking to buy you should go for the cheapest option at any time. 'Cheapest' has to incorporate transaction fees but also liquidity i.e. there's no point sitting on the best bid in dvc/usd if nobody wantes to sell you dvc for dollars.

Usually with currency exchange, you should look at minimum of three cross rates - e.g. let's say you were interested in trading the gbp/usd rate. You could just buy or sell gbp/usd but then that's a pure punt. To be able to make any informed view you have to introduce at least one more currency, so you'd look at gbp/usd, eur/usd and eur/gbp - that way it becomes an issue of relative value. Now in the real world there's pretty much zero mispricing opportunity between those 3 currencies - no arbitrage as you say. Wih cryptocurrencies however there's a lot of mispricing, but as yet little opportunity to exploit this as liquidity is rubbish.

So the tl;dr version is, if you just want to buy and hold devcoin, find the cheapest way of buying it. If you want to trade devcoin or any other crypto try to assess the relative value of one way of buying it vs others.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:09:50 PM

So maybe this is a blessing in disquise, since most writers etc probably earn coins to immediately sell them then maybe there will be less people competing for round 24.

Devcoin/Devtome is getting its own forum sections, faucets, YouTube videos, blog articles and more soon... So I wouldn't count on ^that^. BUT, the smaller shares get and the more widespread coins get, the more valuable they become Smiley

bummer.  I wish I had found devtome just one month sooner.  maybe this is why I've had this inate feeling that I only have 1 maybe 2 months to really earn coins on devtome.  Well, I only had 3 days for round 23 and I did the most I could staying up all night each night writing and now for round 24, presuming the popularity will only increase and each share will be worth much less and the following round even more so I'm now writing 12 hours per night, and it's harder than I thought as some night I spend hours spacing out trying to get a single sentence to flow while other nights pages flow out in a single hour. 

I wrote like a 25 page paper on my life story as a child in the eastern block (double spaced 25 pages) and I thought, boy, if I can write a full blown 30 page research paper in 12 hours I can probably blow through this thing 25 pages and all in 2 hours and I was schocked it took me 8 hours.  I mean you're just telling a story about yourself but there's tiny details that you stop and think about and if a paragraph doesn't sound right you rewrite it and so on - before you know it the entire night is gone.

So even though I wrote tons of papers in college it was usually one or two per term so I never fully realized how hard it is to really be a "writer" to write every day, even when you don't feel like it but I have such a burning sense of urgency and I think it's a real feeling that this, something this good, will simply not last and it's already starting to look like my feelings were right.

In that case I should try to put more money in buying these coins, especially at .00022.  that's a joke and these exchanges are so inefficient and even a well diluted coin like devcoin has no liquidity that there will be times when a coin's selling price will be off by entire factors which is when you buy buy buy.  lol, inefficiencies like this don't exist in the stock market.

for the next 1 year, maybe 2 max, until the banks and smart money take over and demand levels off, I predict that a normal person who works hard to mine or earn coins or takes some risk and buys some coins and has the patience to wait to sell them when the awareness and demand spikes and doesn't sell for a "quick double" which is nothing in this new market especially at this stage then I predict it will be easier than at any other time in history to become a millionaire. 

this is all just instinct based off 20 years of active stock market participation (on a personal level not professional) and coupled with the education I have which is also oriented toward the same thing (BS in econ and BS in finance).

Even if I'm right by just a fraction, making a few hundred K will prove to be an easy thing.  It's important to not go for the head fake, the first wave of awareness, excitement as that will just be the beginning and many inexperienced or risk averse people and I predict a large portion of all coin holders will sell most if not all their coins once they see a multiple gain of 300 or 400% and what they consider "real" money in their everyday lives which could be as little as $10K which is not real money by any stretech of the imagination and I'm unemployed right now and don't have $10K in savings cause I had to spend it all on living expense s all this time while I haven't found work and went back to school.

so getting the coins is only half the battle, knwing when to sell is the other half. good luck.

oh quick question.  sseems you know a lot about devcoin's future:  will there be profit shareing like dividend in stocks?  if so how will that work and when will that start to yield some sort of dividend.  This is an entirely new business model, and if it works it will change so much....a currency that works for you instead of it sitting and losing value or sitting in a bank vault or making the banksters rich.  absolutey brilliant and new idea.  and I predict it will work cause the engine is the masses and because the shareholders and benefactors are also the masses it should catch fire like nothing else out there once people get it.  It's a true coin by the people for the people.  it's so good it's scary like where's the hidden dangers?  Like communism only this looks like it actually works.lol

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:14:24 PM

180,000,000 + 10% per round. 22 rounds.

Off the top of my head I predicted 5 billion and it looks about right.

compared to the trillions and trillions of dollars it's not much and if devcoin's business plan starts to work they can buy coins off the exchanges and retire them like shares in a company.  and given there's such few coins, about 6 with a decent reputatioin, once awareness spikes 5 billion, given the poor liquidity at all the exchanges, will spike the price very much and very fast.  most holders of these coins have them on their hard drives not sitting at an exchange so it will take a few weeks for the supply to get where it should be and by then I predict an incredible surge in the price should the demand and awareness spike the way I think it will.  for once market inefficiencies will be a good thing for the regular guy cause in the stock market the banks always know what's gonna happen way before you and me and that's why it's nearly impossible to make good money in stocks.  With the banks out of this for now it feels infinitively easier to make money......well, not just yet but it's only been 30 days for me.  lol

marticps

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:21:36 PM

I've got a new idea I think it can be very useful.
What about adding a rating system to devtome pages that let the users rate the pages' quality? And based on the rates, the word count bounties will be payed if there is more than X votes. (Like: 5/5: 1.3*Word Count, 4/5: 1.1*Word Count, 3/5: 1*Word Count, 2/5: 0.9*Word Count, 1/5: 0.7*Word Count). That should make writers to do always interesting and quality articles.

Also, there can be a bounty for the voters, like giving X devcoins to a user the first time he votes, or the first time every month, or something like that.

What do you think?

BTC: 1D8PbvnLDrfEC78Q7fbiqxvdm7kML4hiqT | DVC: 1GftqKkDcjAQzQT9544vzyPBYBY8FL6qQy
Share and grow: Creative Commons, Copyleft | Earn Devcoins by Writing
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:31:32 PM

bummer.  I wish I had found devtome just one month sooner.  maybe this is why I've had this inate feeling that I only have 1 maybe 2 months to really earn coins on devtome.  Well, I only had 3 days for round 23 and I did the most I could staying up all night each night writing and now for round 24, presuming the popularity will only increase and each share will be worth much less and the following round even more so I'm now writing 12 hours per night, and it's harder than I thought as some night I spend hours spacing out trying to get a single sentence to flow while other nights pages flow out in a single hour. 

I wrote like a 25 page paper on my life story as a child in the eastern block (double spaced 25 pages) and I thought, boy, if I can write a full blown 30 page research paper in 12 hours I can probably blow through this thing 25 pages and all in 2 hours and I was schocked it took me 8 hours.  I mean you're just telling a story about yourself but there's tiny details that you stop and think about and if a paragraph doesn't sound right you rewrite it and so on - before you know it the entire night is gone.

So even though I wrote tons of papers in college it was usually one or two per term so I never fully realized how hard it is to really be a "writer" to write every day, even when you don't feel like it but I have such a burning sense of urgency and I think it's a real feeling that this, something this good, will simply not last and it's already starting to look like my feelings were right.

In that case I should try to put more money in buying these coins, especially at .00022.  that's a joke and these exchanges are so inefficient and even a well diluted coin like devcoin has no liquidity that there will be times when a coin's selling price will be off by entire factors which is when you buy buy buy.  lol, inefficiencies like this don't exist in the stock market.

for the next 1 year, maybe 2 max, until the banks and smart money take over and demand levels off, I predict that a normal person who works hard to mine or earn coins or takes some risk and buys some coins and has the patience to wait to sell them when the awareness and demand spikes and doesn't sell for a "quick double" which is nothing in this new market especially at this stage then I predict it will be easier than at any other time in history to become a millionaire. 

this is all just instinct based off 20 years of active stock market participation (on a personal level not professional) and coupled with the education I have which is also oriented toward the same thing (BS in econ and BS in finance).

Even if I'm right by just a fraction, making a few hundred K will prove to be an easy thing.  It's important to not go for the head fake, the first wave of awareness, excitement as that will just be the beginning and many inexperienced or risk averse people and I predict a large portion of all coin holders will sell most if not all their coins once they see a multiple gain of 300 or 400% and what they consider "real" money in their everyday lives which could be as little as $10K which is not real money by any stretech of the imagination and I'm unemployed right now and don't have $10K in savings cause I had to spend it all on living expense s all this time while I haven't found work and went back to school.

so getting the coins is only half the battle, knwing when to sell is the other half. good luck.

oh quick question.  sseems you know a lot about devcoin's future:  will there be profit shareing like dividend in stocks?  if so how will that work and when will that start to yield some sort of dividend.  This is an entirely new business model, and if it works it will change so much....a currency that works for you instead of it sitting and losing value or sitting in a bank vault or making the banksters rich.  absolutey brilliant and new idea.  and I predict it will work cause the engine is the masses and because the shareholders and benefactors are also the masses it should catch fire like nothing else out there once people get it.  It's a true coin by the people for the people.  it's so good it's scary like where's the hidden dangers?  Like communism only this looks like it actually works.lol

You have more than 2 months to earn. I just discovered Devtome this last round as well, but I had like 2 weeks.
It does take a long time to write, but you can also drive traffic to your stuff to earn. And the coins WILL be going up in value. Each share was like $25-75 this round, and that is already more than anyone should be getting paid to write 1,000 words.

Writing may seem hard, but if you go to jail or some other lock down facility to a long time, it makes writing easier and it makes you use your words to say more important things. So... Maybe, try to find your jail. What makes you feel like you have no voice. Go there, and inspiration should come.

Buying coins isn't a bad idea, but if you have mining equipment that would probably be the best way to go. And just writing an trading. If you earn say 5 million coins and sell 3 million regular price, then buy 1 million at top dollar, you stimulate the DVC economy, thus raising the value of the 2,000,000 coins you already have left over.

All your projections about people selling at 300-400% will probably be how it does play out. And I bet it is the easiest time ever to become a millionaire, but problem is, do you cash out or does that get taxed

I am not exactly sure what a stock dividend is. But yes, it should work to make money for anyone 'invested" in it (anyone with coins). And you will always have to sell your coins to make oney. The only risk is that DVC may not reach the developmental goals of the bounties, and will lose value. But as long as we work to get more and more attention to devcoin and its projects, everything should be fine.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:34:09 PM

What about adding a rating system to devtome pages that let the users rate the pages' quality? And based on the rates, the word count bounties will be payed if there is more than X votes. (Like: 5/5: 1.3*Word Count, 4/5: 1.1*Word Count, 3/5: 1*Word Count, 2/5: 0.9*Word Count, 1/5: 0.7*Word Count). That should make writers to do always interesting and quality articles.

Also, there can be a bounty for the voters, like giving X devcoins to a user the first time he votes, or the first time every month, or something like that.

What do you think?

I write political stuff, and religious stuff. If people don't agree with me I would get bad ratings, that wouldn't be cool. And most of the stuff I write isn't from the bible, which is the stuff most people don't agree with. (mostly hindu and greek stuff)

marticps

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:36:22 PM

What do you think?

I write political stuff, and religious stuff. If people don't agree with me I would get bad ratings, that wouldn't be cool.

Well, what the user has to rate is the quality of the article itself, not if their ideas are similar. Anyway, in these kind of subjective articles, maybe it'd be nice to add another rating sistem to vote how agree are them.

BTC: 1D8PbvnLDrfEC78Q7fbiqxvdm7kML4hiqT | DVC: 1GftqKkDcjAQzQT9544vzyPBYBY8FL6qQy
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:39:43 PM

What do you think?

I write political stuff, and religious stuff. If people don't agree with me I would get bad ratings, that wouldn't be cool.

Well, what the user has to rate is the quality of the article itself, not if their ideas are similar. Anyway, in these kind of subjective articles, maybe it'd be nice to add another rating sistem to vote how agree are them.

I'm pretty sure people judge how much they enjoyed reading something by how much relevance it had to their perspective of what life is. So any writing system would turn into an agreement system. Having stars or a like button, either way people are using the same thoughts to make the decision.

Ex:
Christian music isn't good, they just listen to it because it is their alternative.

marticps

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:43:30 PM

I'm pretty sure people judge how much they enjoyed reading something by how much relevance it had to their perspective of what life is. So any writing system would turn into an agreement system. Having stars or a like button, either way people are using the same thoughts to make the decision.

Ex:
Christian music isn't good, they just listen to it because it is their alternative.

I agree with you. What do you think it'd be a good system to promote quality in devtome, and also reward new users?
Maybe it will be nice to apply the rating systems only in the 'Objective' sections.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:45:31 PM

Ex:

I agree with you. What do you think it'd be a good system to promote quality in devtome, and also reward new users?
Maybe it will be nice to apply the rating systems only in the 'Objective' sections.

I think traffic payment is good. And maybe like a button to anonymously submit pages to a "contest" thing, an have a featured article every week or month. So that there is incentive to write articles that people will like enough to submit.

Then like have a link to the featured article in the link cluster on the left of every page.

Maybe runner up articles also.

marticps

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:46:26 PM

Ex:

I think traffic payment is good. And maybe like a button to anonymously submit pages to a "contest" thing, an have a featured article every week or month. So that there is incentive to write articles that people will like enough to submit.

Then like have a link to the featured article in the link cluster on the left of every page.

Yeah that would be awesome!

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:55:40 PM

vlad: there are already exchanges for crypto companies and ideas. These are two I know of, there may be more.
https://cryptostocks.com/
https://btct.co/
For example, twobits and fuzzybear are involved in asicminer DVC passthrough, which passes on a dividend in devcoin from shared asic mining of bitcoin (and others via mergemining). Disclosure: I don't have any shares in it and no view on whether it's good value or not.

marticps: I think the results of such a rating system would also be skewed to most recent articles, rather than better ones
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 06:58:00 PM

[/quote]

You have more than 2 months to earn. I just discovered Devtome this last round as well, but I had like 2 weeks.
It does take a long time to write, but you can also drive traffic to your stuff to earn. And the coins WILL be going up in value. Each share was like $25-75 this round, and that is already more than anyone should be getting paid to write 1,000 words.

Writing may seem hard, but if you go to jail or some other lock down facility to a long time, it makes writing easier and it makes you use your words to say more important things. So... Maybe, try to find your jail. What makes you feel like you have no voice. Go there, and inspiration should come.

Buying coins isn't a bad idea, but if you have mining equipment that would probably be the best way to go. And just writing an trading. If you earn say 5 million coins and sell 3 million regular price, then buy 1 million at top dollar, you stimulate the DVC economy, thus raising the value of the 2,000,000 coins you already have left over.

All your projections about people selling at 300-400% will probably be how it does play out. And I bet it is the easiest time ever to become a millionaire, but problem is, do you cash out or does that get taxed

I am not exactly sure what a stock dividend is. But yes, it should work to make money for anyone 'invested" in it (anyone with coins). And you will always have to sell your coins to make oney. The only risk is that DVC may not reach the developmental goals of the bounties, and will lose value. But as long as we work to get more and more attention to devcoin and its projects, everything should be fine.
[/quote]

I think you just really inspired me ( I think we think alike), I'm gonna try to at least start a new paper, which is often the hardest part.  It's nearly 12 noon and I haven't slept a wink, I was up all night writing cause I was too busy on this thread until 3am.  It's easy to get caught up on here and lose a few hours.  It's not a loss but when You only have nights to write cause your kids distract you too much and other things as well then those 3 hours posting here were a loss of productivity to me but at the same time it was nice to learn new stuff as this is pretty much the only place to get good info on this new market. 

I hear you about the prison Idea.....I've actually used that exact thing when I actually had a job (and at pretty much every job) when I was working more hours than anyone, often 70 and 80 hour weeks and after I got married and had little kids at home I missed so much it was so hard, so I remember thinking, hey if I were in prison now I'd never see my wife and kids, and I'd have to work all day long for like 12 cents per hour and all of a sudden man the situation looks like such a sweet deal. 

So yeah, I'm like you in that regard, I find ways to motivate me to make myself do difficult and extreme things where 99% of the population at that point would just drop out and give up and have a great reason to do it.  I think I recognize your name, you're the guy who pulled down 64K words last round.....and in just 2 weeks.  Well I did 22K in 3 days so I guess you and I are gonna be the best of friends (since we're on the same team). 

What motivates me the most is the fact that even though I went back to school and got a second degree I still can't find a job and that infuriates me and at the same time scares me and all of a sudden I find this new thing that I truly believe is the next great thing but I got there a few months too late and as hard as I tried I couldn't mine any coins and I tried to buy some but most had gone up in price and some by a lot so it felt risky to buy something with no intrinsic value which had already gone up so much so I was left hopeless but I kept trying, I was spending entire nights reading up on every coin I could find and then, about 10 days ago, I ran into devtome and when I saw:  "write for coins" I just couldn't believe it. 

to me it was that unreal, like something too good to be true, and given the point in the game we're in where you basically have to buy the coins now or expensive equipment which barely yields any coins, to find a way to earn coins and not just a few but a lot of them, well, I knew right away it could not last.  you're right, we'll be able to earn coins for more than 2 months, but my feelihngs are often right when I feel this strongly about something and so I think I'm also right and in 30-60 days the earning share will have way less coins, the value may go up but to me it's the coins, the number of coins that matters because we're in the accumulation part of the game and so the dollar value means nothing to me so in a couple months if i'm right we may be getting literally just one-tenth the coins per share we're getting now.  And to me, to all of a sudden in just 2 months earn 10 times fewer actual coins for the same work, well that's an opportunity gone which will never come back, regardless if the value of that smaller share is perhaps even larger than today's huge coin share. 

So the biggest motivator for me and which keeps me going every night is the true belief this truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it won't last, not like this, much longer and so then I'd be a fool to not stay up entire nights writing all I can so if my fear proves correct then I won't have regrets, I'll know in my heart I did all I could and that's peace of mind you can't buy.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:13:10 PM

I think you just really inspired me ( I think we think alike), I'm gonna try to at least start a new paper, which is often the hardest part.  It's nearly 12 noon and I haven't slept a wink, I was up all night writing cause I was too busy on this thread until 3am.  It's easy to get caught up on here and lose a few hours.  It's not a loss but when You only have nights to write cause your kids distract you too much and other things as well then those 3 hours posting here were a loss of productivity to me but at the same time it was nice to learn new stuff as this is pretty much the only place to get good info on this new market.  

I hear you about the prison Idea.....I've actually used that exact thing when I actually had a job (and at pretty much every job) when I was working more hours than anyone, often 70 and 80 hour weeks and after I got married and had little kids at home I missed so much it was so hard, so I remember thinking, hey if I were in prison now I'd never see my wife and kids, and I'd have to work all day long for like 12 cents per hour and all of a sudden man the situation looks like such a sweet deal.  

So yeah, I'm like you in that regard, I find ways to motivate me to make myself do difficult and extreme things where 99% of the population at that point would just drop out and give up and have a great reason to do it.  I think I recognize your name, you're the guy who pulled down 64K words last round.....and in just 2 weeks.  Well I did 22K in 3 days so I guess you and I are gonna be the best of friends (since we're on the same team).  

What motivates me the most is the fact that even though I went back to school and got a second degree I still can't find a job and that infuriates me and at the same time scares me and all of a sudden I find this new thing that I truly believe is the next great thing but I got there a few months too late and as hard as I tried I couldn't mine any coins and I tried to buy some but most had gone up in price and some by a lot so it felt risky to buy something with no intrinsic value which had already gone up so much so I was left hopeless but I kept trying, I was spending entire nights reading up on every coin I could find and then, about 10 days ago, I ran into devtome and when I saw:  "write for coins" I just couldn't believe it.  

to me it was that unreal, like something too good to be true, and given the point in the game we're in where you basically have to buy the coins now or expensive equipment which barely yields any coins, to find a way to earn coins and not just a few but a lot of them, well, I knew right away it could not last.  you're right, we'll be able to earn coins for more than 2 months, but my feelihngs are often right when I feel this strongly about something and so I think I'm also right and in 30-60 days the earning share will have way less coins, the value may go up but to me it's the coins, the number of coins that matters because we're in the accumulation part of the game and so the dollar value means nothing to me so in a couple months if i'm right we may be getting literally just one-tenth the coins per share we're getting now.  And to me, to all of a sudden in just 2 months earn 10 times fewer actual coins for the same work, well that's an opportunity gone which will never come back, regardless if the value of that smaller share is perhaps even larger than today's huge coin share.  

So the biggest motivator for me and which keeps me going every night is the true belief this truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it won't last, not like this, much longer and so then I'd be a fool to not stay up entire nights writing all I can so if my fear proves correct then I won't have regrets, I'll know in my heart I did all I could and that's peace of mind you can't buy.

Sorry,  have a shitty computer and something weird just happened. I'm replying to this now though.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:18:03 PM

to:  finshaggy et al,

What did you mean by:  "you can also drive traffic to your stuff (your writings) so you can earn that way."

I've seen this mentioned on devtome but I don't get it.  How do you drive traffic to the papers you write, I thought traffic was automated via search engines and such.

So then

a) do you mean there's a way, a quantifiable way to drive additional traffic to your papers in order to get more views?

and

b) How is this traffic tracked and how and what do you earn?

For example, I wrote 3 papers in the 3 days I had last round and according to the payout matrix I''m going to get coins as promised by devtome for the words I wrote but I didn't see anything for the additional traffic or additional earnings you're referring to.

So can you or anybody else clarify?  How do you get additional traffic.  I mean I can post the links on facebook and such but how does devcoin know for example that 20 pageviews were from links I laid out or people I told to go see my papers and 10 of the total 30 pageviews were there just from the natural occurance of web traffic.

So how does devtome know and how is this traffic quantified.  I wanted to try and publish my first article on seeking alpha and I wrote it especially slanted, spun and directed toward stocks, the stock market and speculation investing so it would be a natural for the stuff they publish but I haven't yet submitted it.  

And I'm curious, if that article gets publiishedon seeking alpha and it gets pushed out to roughly 25,000 active emails which is pretty standard for such articles then what would I be looking at as far as the additional earnings you're talking about.  With words it's simple, you write 1,000 quality words and you get 1 share but with this traffic stuff and marketing thing it's so confusing that I just haven't even tried it but thinking about it, in theory the marketing part is what really works for any company especially with an unkown company like this in an unknown nascent industry and market in its infancy awareness will jump logarithmically the first couple of years and that part is just now started so that's the good news.  the bad news of course is that mining, which was the easiest near risk free way to get coins is all but impossible to do.

I still look for new better ways to mine but I've pretty much given up, as I was wasting more money on electricity than the coins I was getting.  maybe if I ever get butterfly labs' rig, which I already paid for, maybe then it will be worth mining but I'm not banking on it.  Thanks for all the info and thanks for the inspiration.  I truly feel we, the little guy, have done what happens only once per generation, but we temporarily beat the big guy the big banks with all the insider info and all the money to the punch, we got into these investments before they ever saw them on their radar but make no mistake, once this market is validated which will take 6-12 more months and 1 to 2 more bicoin type explosions the banks will move in as they have already started by investing big money in the tiny exchange coinbase and who knows what else is going on behind the screen.  

It wouldn't surprise me to see news tomorrow about some wallstreet investor or hedge fund paying big money to outright just buy a seemingly dead coin like IXcoin in order to save time and buy instant namebrand recognition, and it's something like that which would really validate this market and really push all coins higher.  We're literally that close, just one catalyst, one big unexpected headline from going from ZERO to HERO and hopefully this catalyst will come sooner than even a bull optimist like me expects but first, first just give me 1, maybe 2 months to earn and buy more coins cause right now I have very little as I only found out about all of this roughly 30 days ago.

good luck to you, good luck to everyone!

regards,

Vlad

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:22:06 PM

I think you just really inspired me ( I think we think alike), I'm gonna try to at least start a new paper, which is often the hardest part.  It's nearly 12 noon and I haven't slept a wink, I was up all night writing cause I was too busy on this thread until 3am.  It's easy to get caught up on here and lose a few hours.  It's not a loss but when You only have nights to write cause your kids distract you too much and other things as well then those 3 hours posting here were a loss of productivity to me but at the same time it was nice to learn new stuff as this is pretty much the only place to get good info on this new market. 

So yeah, I'm like you in that regard, I find ways to motivate me to make myself do difficult and extreme things where 99% of the population at that point would just drop out and give up and have a great reason to do it.  I think I recognize your name, you're the guy who pulled down 64K words last round.....and in just 2 weeks.  Well I did 22K in 3 days so I guess you and I are gonna be the best of friends (since we're on the same team). 

What motivates me the most is the fact that even though I went back to school and got a second degree I still can't find a job and that infuriates me and at the same time scares me and all of a sudden I find this new thing that I truly believe is the next great thing but I got there a few months too late and as hard as I tried I couldn't mine any coins and I tried to buy some but most had gone up in price and some by a lot so it felt risky to buy something with no intrinsic value which had already gone up so much so I was left hopeless but I kept trying, I was spending entire nights reading up on every coin I could find and then, about 10 days ago, I ran into devtome and when I saw:  "write for coins" I just couldn't believe it. 

to me it was that unreal, like something too good to be true, and given the point in the game we're in where you basically have to buy the coins now or expensive equipment which barely yields any coins, to find a way to earn coins and not just a few but a lot of them, well, I knew right away it could not last.  you're right, we'll be able to earn coins for more than 2 months, but my feelihngs are often right when I feel this strongly about something and so I think I'm also right and in 30-60 days the earning share will have way less coins, the value may go up but to me it's the coins, the number of coins that matters because we're in the accumulation part of the game and so the dollar value means nothing to me so in a couple months if i'm right we may be getting literally just one-tenth the coins per share we're getting now.  And to me, to all of a sudden in just 2 months earn 10 times fewer actual coins for the same work, well that's an opportunity gone which will never come back, regardless if the value of that smaller share is perhaps even larger than today's huge coin share. 

I can see that, you just gotta think back to the stuff you had passion for before your kids and jobs. You could even use your kids as motivation, what do you want the world to be like for them? Things like that are good for inspiration too.

I can't find a job either, but I don't have any degrees. Devtome is a life saver. I was in the same situation, I've been trying to find a way to earn money for 2 years. I've been using adsense, but I doesn't hardly pay shit. Then I got told "All this writing you're doing, you know you could get paid for writing on Devtome"

Yeah, I don't like to give up (kinda been the same exact person since I was 14 years old, just more experienced) And yeah I wrote the 64k words.

True, the shares will never be as big as they were, and we won't be able to stock pile hundreds of millions of coins. But we still came in at a good time.

And yeah, now is a good time to spend lots of time writing. Eventually it'll just be like Wikipedia, and everyone will feel like "All there is left to o is edit pages, there are no topics left".

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: