Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:23:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412870 times)
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 06:03:36 PM

Have you guys tried asking BTC-e to start trading DVC yet? It would help ALTcointip bot to start showing DVC USD/EURO/RUR values next to DVC tips.

DVC = rootkit
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 06:04:40 PM

Have you guys tried asking BTC-e to start trading DVC yet? It would help ALTcointip bot to start showing DVC USD/EURO/RUR values next to DVC tips.
I did after tipping the creator of it (is that you?) but they replied with no and wouldn't give a reason. It's now on cryptsy, mcxnow, crypto-trade (with little volume) as well as vircurex.

yep developer on the run from the pigs!!!
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 06:05:16 PM

DVC has becoming less and less valuable, is nobody buying this coin anymore?

I'm still accumulating it but I'm gonna wait a couple weeks for it to bottom. So far I bought at .00041 and at $.00021.

I bought up almost a million at 0.00000108 BTC.

waka flocka flame? Cool
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:05:24 PM

It is somewhere in this thread, but not sure how to easily find it, so a recap.

They did add trading in DVC,  they limited the number of decimal places prices could be set to.  This did not work with DVC as the price would have had to have been far above the the price on vircurex at the time. This did not work too well of course.  Rather then fix this, they then removed DVC as an option due to it having no trading volume.

I suggest  doing what http://dvcticker.appspot.com/ does  and using vircurex for dvc prices.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 06:07:04 PM

I'm still accumulating it but I'm gonna wait a couple weeks for it to bottom. So far I bought at .00041 and at $.00021.

dump isnt over = DVC => no bid *virus spyware keystr0ke logger!
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 06:08:07 PM

It is somewhere in this thread, but not sure how to easily find it, so a recap.

They did add trading in DVC,  they limited the number of decimal places prices could be set to.  This did not work with DVC as the price would have had to have been far above the the price on vircurex at the time. This did not work too well of course.  Rather then fix this, they then removed DVC as an option due to it having no trading volume.

I suggest  doing what http://dvcticker.appspot.com/ does  and using vircurex for dvc prices.

= more buggy spyware?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

My impression of DeVCoin prices was that they seemed to go in cycles.

Dumpers dump the prices down below 100,  sometimes far below 100, allowing buyers to buy up lots and lots dirt cheap.

The dumpers seemed to eventually run out of steam, and buyers would start to arrive, maybe having heard they can buy them cheap.

it is possible that it is not sheer impatience that keeps both buyers and sellers from placing an offer and waiting days or even weeks for it to be taken, it might partly be all the scare stories saying never leave money on an exchange. Whatever the reason, the big buyers and dumpers seem to just place their order almost blindly, just hey sell so many I don't care about the price I am a dumper and I need out of here in five minutes anyway so am not about to quibble about the price, or hey I heard cryptocoins might be going up so just give me however many i can buy for this amount of money.

The price goes up over 200, sometimes even over 300. VladVlad even seemed to have claimed to have bought for over 400, but maybe he wasn't talking about satoshis, maybe he was talking DVC/USD not DVC/BTC.

So the people who bought coins dirt cheap get to sell a bunch of them for double or more than double what they paid for them.

The price is high, word gets around, dumpers start checking whether they happen to have more coins to dump, maybe from merged mining or from shares.

The price gets dumped down to 100 or so or less, maybe significantly less, and the investors stock up on dirt cheap coins again.

There was one single day a month or more ago when I sold 100 million devcoins, bought them all back later the same day, took 100 bitcoins home and still had both devcoins and bitcoins on the exchange continuing to do market-making.

Right now they are dirt cheap again so much so that I am low on bitcoins to buy them with, but that is okay because every possible price from one satoshi all the way up to whatever price the dumpers have dumped it down to has offers of mine sitting there waiting for them.

I would like to pile more bitcoin there though so I can have many more offering to buy at one satoshi than at two, which in turn has more waiting to buy than I have sitting at three and so on.

I don't bother to drive the price up much by constantly offering more than whoever momentarily offers more than me because on the sell side I am selling only ten or so satoshis higher then the current high buy, so the farther I lag below the high buy the more spread I have between my own highest buy offer and my own lowest sell offer.

i have sell offers too at every possible price from whatever my lowest price in satoshis is all the way up some distance abot 300 satoshis. i'd like to stockpile more devcoins up in those higher numbers but can't as much as I'd like because i have to keep making actual sales in order to replenish my bitcoins to buy with.

But it has regularly happened that I look one day and find someone bought the price back up over 200, whereupon my having offers all the way up pays off nicely.

Really the market is still horribly thin. If you want to buy a hundred million devcoins you'll find the price is pretty high. If you want to sell 100 million other than the way i did (waiting for someone to pay top dollar for them) you'd clean out all my buy offers because i don't have them bunched up down at 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 satoshi yet to pick me up thirty to fifty million or more at a satoshi each...

Is there some actual reason for all this FUDdy expectiona/alarmism that seems to think these regular cycles are not still happing, with right now being just another of the regular recurring buying opportunities inbetween the regularly recurring chances to sell for 200+ satoshis per devcoin?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
vindimy

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:24:16 PM

= more buggy spyware?

Why are you here wasting everyone's time with your bullshit nonsense? Go fuck a porcupine or something, troll.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:25:23 PM

One of the writers on devtome, Wiser, posted this article outlining their experience and ideas for the project. I think it's definitely worth a read and some thinking through:  http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=on_writing_and_market_forces

I just realized I need to add a section about number of words rewarded per month.  I will post it once I do.

Also, I know I am missing details about how shares are divided up.  If anyone has an article which clarifies that and is more accurate, please pm me and I will link to it  Smiley

I think I have a solution to determine a pay structure. We should go with a meritocracy based around a badge system. These badges would act as rank and determine how much each writer gets paid.

This way you would have granularity, merit, reward for quality, and reward for work. This badge system could also apply to programmers, musicians, or anything else. In order to get a basic level badge an individual would have to pass an exam. This exam should cost some coins and this would prevent spammers. The exam process would make it easier for Fuzzybear or whomever to review works. Perhaps eventually let random community members or even pay individuals to review them. The initial badge would declare that the individual meets the minimum qualification to be recognized as a writer, a programmer, or whatever.

Then over time reward with different higher level badges. These different badges will act as rank and as long as the writer continues to write their pay grade will be a bit higher based on the quality of their previous work as recognized by their badge. There should be different sorts of badges passed around throughout the community which recognize different kinds of competency.

Integrity for example is very valuable no matter if you're a writer, programmer or anything else and a lot of us would rather see the rewards go to community members with proven integrity. This would act similar to ebay or amazon where people maintain a good reputation and can get business but scammers and cheats don't. The better the reputation and integrity of the artist, developer, etc, the greater the portion of shares they should get.

This would allow for the community to reward qualities not just of the work itself, but of the author or developer themselves and factor that into how much they get paid. For instance if Fin Shaggy is known to be a man of honor and integrity then he eventually will receive a badge and that badge will allow him to be recognized for that in pay rank. If Fin Shaggy is also known to be very competent at writing then he could get a badge for that and be recognized for that and get the $50 per share rate but the next person who does not have that badge or who isn't known as being a very competent writer, they'll have to focus more on earning the badge than on just pumping out low quality content. This will force them to actually care about the quality of their work for the badge.

The badge should be difficult to revoke if it's an integrity badge. If it's a competency badge then it should be permanent for writers because if a writer proves they can produce a good piece of art work or software that should be enough. The next step would be to create ranks which are even higher than badges which I'll call medals. Give the medals out to the truly exceptional people. It works very well in sports such as professional boxing or basketball where the champions and gold medalists are recognized as being the best and get the sponsorships.

This way established writers with good reputations for producing quality work will have badges, medals, and other qualifications and these should determine the worth of their shares. This way it's not marketing, it's not word count, it's not equally distributed like communism,  it's merit and competency and these badges could stay with the developer no matter what coin they use in the future. If Ethicoin, Devcoin, Bitcoin, Litecoin or Futurecoin becomes popular these badges will still have established the merit and rank and would persist throughout all of that.

This way I'll immediately know which among you are talented at whatever, which among you are knowledgeable or skilled, and which among you are honorable.

Here's the section I added to my article:  I added a section to my above article dealing with capping the number of shares per writer per month.  

Here it is:  http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=on_writing_and_market_forces&#capping_the_number_of_shares_per_round

I like what LuckyBit wrote about badges and medals--it has a lot of merit and should be considered in light of the larger vision of Devcoin and Devtome.  LuckyBit, do you write for Devtome?  If so, maybe you could put the above in an article and I can add a link to it in my article.  If you get an article on the Devtome, please PM me and I'll link to it.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 06:28:58 PM

Dumpers dump the prices down below 100,  sometimes far below 100, allowing buyers to buy up lots and lots dirt cheap.

The dumpers seemed to eventually run out of steam, and buyers would start to arrive, maybe having heard they can buy them cheap.

it is possible that it is not sheer impatience that keeps both buyers and sellers from placing an offer and waiting days or even weeks for it to be taken, it might partly be all the scare stories saying never leave money on an exchange. Whatever the reason, the big buyers and dumpers seem to just place their order almost blindly, just hey sell so many I don't care about the price I am a dumper and I need out of here in five minutes anyway so am not about to quibble about the price, or hey I heard cryptocoins might be going up so just give me however many i can buy for this amount of money.

The price goes up over 200, sometimes even over 300. VladVlad even seemed to have claimed to have bought for over 400, but maybe he wasn't talking about satoshis, maybe he was talking DVC/USD not DVC/BTC.

So the people who bought coins dirt cheap get to sell a bunch of them for double or more than double what they paid for them.

The price is high, word gets around dumpers start checkign whether they happen to have more coisn to dump, maybe from merged mining or from shares.

The price gets dumped too 100 or so or less, maybe significantly less, and the investors stock up on dirt cheap coins again.

There was one single day a month or more ago when I sold 100 million devcoins, bought them all back later the same day, took 100 bitcoins home and still had both devcoins and bitcoins on the exchange continuing to do market-making.

Right now they are dirt cheap again so much so that I am low on bitcoins to buy them with, but that is okay because every possible price from one satoshi all the way up to whatever price the dumpers have dumped it down to has offers of mine sitting there waiting for them.

I would like to pile more bitcoin there though so I can have many more offering to buy at one satoshi than at two, which in turn has more waiting to buy than I have sitting at three and so on.

I don't bother to drive the price up much by constantly offering more than whoever momentarily offers more than me because on the sell side I am selling only ten or so satoshis higher then the current high buy, so the farther I lag below the high buy the more spread i have between my own highest buy offer and my own lowest sell offer.

i have sell offers too at every possible price from whatever my lowest prive in satoshis is all the way up some distance abot 300 satoshis. i'd like to stockpile more devcoins up in those higher numbers but can't as much as I'd like because i have to keep making actual sales in order to replenish my bitcoins to buy with.

But it has regularly happened that I look one day and find someone bought the price back up over 200, whereupon my having offers all the way up pays off nicely.

Really the market is still horribly thin. if you want to buy a hundred million devcoins you'll find the price is pretty high. If you want to sell 100 million other than the way i did (waiting for someone to pay top dollar for them) you'd clean out all my buy offers because i don't have them bunched up down at 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 satoshi yet to pick me up thirty to fifty million or more at a satoshi each...

Is there some actual reason for all this FUDdy expectiona/alarmism that seems to think these regular cycles are not still happing, with right now being just another of the regular recurring buying opportunities inbetween the regularly recurring chances to sell for 200+ satoshis per devcoin?

-MarkM-

i like your posts i'm going to use them in my new book!~i'll give you credit!! ;-)weeee
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:32:12 PM

The price is high, word gets around, dumpers start checking whether they happen to have more coins to dump, maybe from merged mining or from shares.

The price gets dumped down to 100 or so or less, maybe significantly less, and the investors stock up on dirt cheap coins again.

I don't bother to drive the price up much by constantly offering more than whoever momentarily offers more than me because on the sell side I am selling only ten or so satoshis higher then the current high buy, so the farther I lag below the high buy the more spread I have between my own highest buy offer and my own lowest sell offer.

i have sell offers too at every possible price from whatever my lowest price in satoshis is all the way up some distance abot 300 satoshis. i'd like to stockpile more devcoins up in those higher numbers but can't as much as I'd like because i have to keep making actual sales in order to replenish my bitcoins to buy with.

Really the market is still horribly thin. If you want to buy a hundred million devcoins you'll find the price is pretty high. If you want to sell 100 million other than the way i did (waiting for someone to pay top dollar for them) you'd clean out all my buy offers because i don't have them bunched up down at 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 satoshi yet to pick me up thirty to fifty million or more at a satoshi each...

-MarkM-

Thanks for this info and insight.  It is very helpful to someone who is new to Devcoin.  I've been watching the exchange for a couple weeks now trying to detect patterns such as this one but obviously not enough time has gone by for me to see much beyond the current downward trend in Devcoins.  Nice to know that the value really does go up again and is cyclical.  When you know what to expect it's not so scary  Smiley
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 06:34:31 PM

-MarkM-

Thanks for this info and insight.  It is very helpful to someone who is new to Devcoin.  I've been watching the exchange for a couple weeks now trying to detect patterns such as this one but obviously not enough time has gone by for me to see much beyond the current downward trend in Devcoins.  Nice to know that the value really does go up again and is cyclical.  When you know what to expect it's not so scary  Smiley

DVC = ROOTKIT ! VIRUS!!!!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:57:01 PM

-MarkM-

Hmmm interesting, I started watching daily when it hit 600 and got sold, that was probably you dumping lol, it hit like 100 the next day, i bought about 20 million there. Right now the market is horribly pushed to one side which should represent opportunity to a bigger buyer as the orderbook is skewed. As the sell order's pile up and price drops there is more incentive fora  bigger buyer because they can accumulate with a cheaper average price, we all know if they stick in a 100 btc order in the book that it will never hit as bots will front run it all day. The only thing that will drive price higher is to pay at or above market, limit order's only add volume to selloff/buying sprees but will not change the market outlook in most cases.

I see you layer your offers and bids, so that when a cycle retracts you will profit, that is a traditional grid based strategy that may work if you "predict" the next market cycle, but looking at the chart our cycles are being pushed higher and higher which is telling me that is the direction of the market regardless of cycles, so at any point in time you may have price take off in the general direction without a retrace ie: btc above $5 and going to $7 instead of $2 like ppl were hoping. In that case you would lose your profit potential and your risk:reward calculation becomes irrelevant because psychologically you would not buy into a top or so it would seem to be a top.

If the cycle keeps working, hey great, but you may gain some btc here and there, nothing compared to if you get the general direction right at the time when you predict that the cycle is repeating but it doesn't, that is where the biggest/only relevant gains are to be had.

That is the common mistake in calculating expectancy from a trading result in that it does not factor in trading costs, position sizing, and most importantly and relevant here historical vs future results.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 07:19:20 PM

you are the cycle! Grin
acs26

June 12, 2013, 07:27:47 PM

you are the cycle! Grin

Come on, you can troll better than that!
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 07:58:13 PM

you are the cycle! Grin

Come on, you can troll better than that!

what i mean is you create the cycles with p&d
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 08:30:57 PM

Now is actually prime time to buy, since people are getting paid the price is just dropping and dropping.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 08:34:19 PM

Now is actually prime time to buy, since people are getting paid the price is just dropping and dropping.

www.coinchoose.com about to DELIST DVC - only you can stop it!!!*pounding table!*
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:55:53 PM

It's funny that it is just limited number of people who are writing that actually are doing the dumping, yet those are the same ones who believe in the project enough to write.. they certainly love that price is above 0 so they can recieve something for their writing however we need to show them that there is a reason to HOLD instead of dumping and they will get far more $$ in the future than what you would get today. In that way DVC is more of an investment tool aswell as a means to get paid for work. When this happens you shoudl see price will only go up, as there are more and more people willing to chip in minor amounts to buy... it adds up over time.

The miners who do shared mining and dump as soon as they get any DVC are another story, I'm not sure how to give them incentive to hold the dvc, but I suspect that unless your using an ASIC right now you won't be moving the market much with your mined DVC so they are really a small part of the problem.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 08:58:28 PM

It's funny that it is just limited number of people who are writing that actually are doing the dumping, yet those are the same ones who believe in the project enough to write.. they certainly love that price is above 0 so they can recieve something for their writing however we need to show them that there is a reason to HOLD instead of dumping and they will get far more $$ in the future than what you would get today. In that way DVC is more of an investment tool aswell as a means to get paid for work. When this happens you shoudl see price will only go up, as there are more and more people willing to chip in minor amounts to buy... it adds up over time.

The miners who do shared mining and dump as soon as they get any DVC are another story, I'm not sure how to give them incentive to hold the dvc, but I suspect that unless your using an ASIC right now you won't be moving the market much with your mined DVC so they are really a small part of the problem.

NOONE IS TOUCHING THIS!!!!!>> WHO WANTS A VIRUS ON THEIR COMPUTER? scrrrr
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: