Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2017, 01:47:35 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 395375 times)
Balthozar

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:01:27 AM

Why is the most recent one only 9000?

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 900

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:55:55 AM

Why is the most recent one only 9000?

It's a fifth of a share, probably from marketing.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 1554

iXcoin - 'The Twin'

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:03:47 AM

I gotta correct myself.  I said a few days ago there were a few people with 70+K words so I asked why a winner was announced a few days early.  I looked at the distribution again and the people who show 70K or more that's actually their total.  One has to look at the last column (Payout) to see the total from this round or round 24.  And in that case there's nobody even close to the 77K "Lawyer" did in which case I see why the results were announced. 

Man, it was much harder than I thought to do a significant amount of writing without burning out.  Wish I could program, that would be a lot more fun.

Congrats to Lawyer, 77K is a crazy amount to write.  I nearly broke myself and I got significantly less than that. lol.

The Original Bitcoin Clone:  www.IXcoin.net
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:14:11 AM

I gotta correct myself.  I said a few days ago there were a few people with 70+K words so I asked why a winner was announced a few days early.  I looked at the distribution again and the people who show 70K or more that's actually their total.  One has to look at the last column (Payout) to see the total from this round or round 24.  And in that case there's nobody even close to the 77K "Lawyer" did in which case I see why the results were announced. 

Man, it was much harder than I thought to do a significant amount of writing without burning out.  Wish I could program, that would be a lot more fun.

Congrats to Lawyer, 77K is a crazy amount to write.  I nearly broke myself and I got significantly less than that. lol.

I have over 80k registered for this round...

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Luckybit

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:40:57 AM

How do you write 80k in a round? How much is that going to be worth next round?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

iXcoin - 'The Twin'

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:49:54 PM

I gotta correct myself.  I said a few days ago there were a few people with 70+K words so I asked why a winner was announced a few days early.  I looked at the distribution again and the people who show 70K or more that's actually their total.  One has to look at the last column (Payout) to see the total from this round or round 24.  And in that case there's nobody even close to the 77K "Lawyer" did in which case I see why the results were announced.  

Man, it was much harder than I thought to do a significant amount of writing without burning out.  Wish I could program, that would be a lot more fun.

Congrats to Lawyer, 77K is a crazy amount to write.  I nearly broke myself and I got significantly less than that. lol.

Are you talking about round 24?  I didn't see anybody with 80K. If you do then give a heads up cause you're probably in first place.  I think first round ends at 93,300.  That's what I've seen on here from reputable posters.

TaxReturn

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:39:23 PM

93300 is the cutoff for round 24.

current top 3:

Raptorak - 80
Lawyer - 77
DeadSea33 - 70
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:43:41 PM

I gotta correct myself.  I said a few days ago there were a few people with 70+K words so I asked why a winner was announced a few days early.  I looked at the distribution again and the people who show 70K or more that's actually their total.  One has to look at the last column (Payout) to see the total from this round or round 24.  And in that case there's nobody even close to the 77K "Lawyer" did in which case I see why the results were announced.  

Man, it was much harder than I thought to do a significant amount of writing without burning out.  Wish I could program, that would be a lot more fun.

Congrats to Lawyer, 77K is a crazy amount to write.  I nearly broke myself and I got significantly less than that. lol.

Are you talking about round 24?  I didn't see anybody with 80K. If you do then give a heads up cause you're probably in first place.  I think first round ends at 93,300.  That's what I've seen on here from reputable posters.

Make sure you're reading the latest list:

http://d.evco.in/charity/devtome_earnings_24.csv

Also, the post just before mine has the right numbers.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
weisoq

Activity: 704

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:51:45 PM

it wasn't over the round chaps, was a private comp jasinlee ran over a specific period (think it was 1st-31st may) so the count would have been marked on those days.

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Devcoin Video
1EQp2cs2qtsnoRFuPvaqxxZLnmFcA6JS3G
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

iXcoin - 'The Twin'

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:59:36 PM

Thanks for the updated list.  I remember like 3 or 4 days ago Jaisn asking for "Lawyer's" address to ship him the first place prize which was a tablet.  I'm not sure why this was done almost a week prematurely.  Perhaps cause there was nobody close to "Lawyer" with such little time left.  

I hope you didn't lose your prize.  Congrats on 80K, that's really a hard thing to do, unless you have pre-existing articles already.  It's good for devcoin to see so much more content flowing out.  I wonder how much a share will be worth in round 24?  My gut feeling is around 145,000 coins as opposed to 359,000 for round 23 and around 1.41 million for round 22.  I'm also curious to see how many people continue contributing with both, the value of devcoin and the actual coins per share, having plummeted this past round.  

Cause at this point it's like working for about $2 per hour, unless of course, you have articles which you have already written for other sites.  And I think going forward as we get more and more third wolrd country contributors from places like Asia, India and Eastern Europe, it should only get more and more competitive.  That's great for devcoin but not so good if you're trying to earn and you have to give up a more profitable opportunity cost when compared to the current payout of devcoin. I'm banking on the idea that devcoin will reach much higher levels eventually.  

Good luck!

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:02:31 PM

Thanks for the updated list.  I remember like 3 or 4 days ago Jaisn asking for "Lawyer's" address to ship him the first place prize which was a tablet.  I'm not sure why this was done almost a week prematurely.  Perhaps cause there was nobody close to "Lawyer" with such little time left.  

I hope you didn't lose your prize.  Congrats on 80K, that's really a hard thing to do, unless you have pre-existing articles already.  It's good for devcoin to see so much more content flowing out.  I wonder how much a share will be worth in round 24?  My got feeling is around 145,000 coins as opposed to 359,000 for round 23 and around 1.41 million for round 22.  I'm also curious to see how many people continue contributing with both, the value of devcoin and the actual coins per share, having plummeted this past round.  

Cause at this point it's like working for about $2 per hour, unless of course, you have articles which you have already written for other sites.  And I think going forward as we get more and more third wolrd country contributors from places like Asia, India and Eastern Europe, it should only get more and more competitive.  That's great for devcoin but not so good if you're trying to earn and you have to give up a more profitable opportunity cost when compared to the current payout of devcoin. I'm banking on the idea that devcoin will reach much higher levels eventually.  

Good luck!

To answer your question about why the Lawyer was contacted, the tablet contest ended on the 31st. Really I still would have won but I was told only a few days earlier by two of the more prominent members not to go over 60k because it would be lost, so I purposely stopped there, Sad. It was just recently that it was boosted to 80k max.

But such is life!

Earn Devcoins by Writing
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:12:41 PM

The most prolific author over the last month was Lawyer:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:lawyer

who wrote 76,832 words:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_10001.csv

so he gets the tablet:
https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,2702.msg19779.html#msg19779

the lotto ranges for the remaining writers are at:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/lotto.csv

the next megamillions draw:
http://www.megamillions.com/numbers/

will be on Tuesday night, so the lottery winner will be declared on Wednesday.

CONGRATS!  Please pm me your delivery address when you get a chance.

Ummm not sure what you mean this was all on the 4th it looks like.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

iXcoin - 'The Twin'

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:14:28 PM

To answer your question about why the Lawyer was contacted, the tablet contest ended on the 31st. Really I still would have won but I was told only a few days earlier by two of the more prominent members not to go over 60k because it would be lost, so I purposely stopped there, Sad. It was just recently that it was boosted to 80k max.

But such is life!

Oh, man, sorry to hear that.  I read a few days ago that the cutoff used to be 60K, I guess I'm lucky I'm new cause it's been 80K since I got here about 5 or 6 weeks ago.

Well, at least you'll get some decent amount of coins due to your output.  Congrats and thanks for your effort and hard work.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:21:55 PM

who wrote 76,832 words:

so he gets the tablet:

Was it supposed to be based on the round then? If so, it still has time left...

Earn Devcoins by Writing
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:31:01 PM

Nope, you would have to read the posts that  unthinkingbit linked, but....the contest was run only by me, just for the month and had nothing to do with the round.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:35:03 PM

Nope, you would have to read the posts that  unthinkingbit linked, but....the contest was run only by me, just for the month and had nothing to do with the round.

Ah, so I was right on that. Thanks! Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

iXcoin - 'The Twin'

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:06:45 PM

who wrote 76,832 words:

so he gets the tablet:

Not sure if you're talking to me, Jaisn.  I said about a week early cause I'm also counting the remaining 3-4 days we still have left.

I didn't know initially it was a may contest only which is why I asked why a winner was announced prematurely.  It's your contest, your money, thanks a lot for being generous and thoughtful.  This is the kind of generosity that brings a lot of awareness to devcoin. 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

iXcoin - 'The Twin'

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:14:56 PM

Nope, you would have to read the posts that  unthinkingbit linked, but....the contest was run only by me, just for the month and had nothing to do with the round.

Ah, so I was right on that. Thanks! Smiley

Ranlo, you mind if I ask:  are you a writer or did you have articles pre-written from other sites perhaps?  Just curious cause I worked really hard and I'm far from 80K.  Some nights I wrote straight thru until the next evening.  Maybe that's why I burned out, I hit it too hard and furious.  Lol.

I was just so excited to have found a way to earn crypto-coins.  I was posting page long posts on here until I got called a troll.  Ahaaaaa.

At any rate, at roughly $2 per hour now I don't know how much writing I'm gonna do.  I'll still write some but it's hard when I know I can allocate my time for things much more valuable, either monetarily or family-wise.  But I really believe in this thing, I'm a long term holder - i will not sell any of my crypto-coins, and I really want devcoin to succeed so I'll write even if it's just a charitable thing but I don't know if I'll have the chutzpah to write 18 hours straight when the financial reward is no longer there.  

But with Devtome and Devcoin's skyrocketing popularity, on a global scale now, I don't expect this type of reaction to have a significant impact on new content going forward.  It will definitely be an interesting case study to see how things develop over the next few months.  We definitely need a catalyst in the short run to help drive the price of Devcoin back up - to mitigate the sharp drop in share value.  Maybe some big development such as a huge investment by Wallstreet or a big name such as a Soros.  I' convinced it's coming and soon - 3-12 months.

Good luck, bro.

metazilla

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:42:58 AM

Not sure what you're talking about with the $2 an hour thing Vlad. I got 17.2 shares last round = ~6179641dvc = ~7.6btc = ~$823 at current exchange rates. Now, I posted some stuff I had written in the past, and I also got some shares for programming work (which actually took more time than writing), but assuming I had got those shares for writing 17k words, that'd mean I had spent over 400hrs, at ~40 words an hour. I definitely write faster than that!

I think if you're writing about something you know a lot about, 400 words an hour is a reasonable pace, which would give an estimate of about $20 an hour. Not bad for freelance writing. Granted, some people might write slower than that, and the exchange rate is crashing a bit, but it seems to me writing is still worth your while. I haven't had as much time this round to write (finals week in my university right now), and it is a bit discouraging seeing how many words the top writers have contributed, while I've only written about 4000. But even if there are twice as many shares that is still about $100! And I don't know about your situation, but as a college student, an extra $100 a month is very helpful. Smiley

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:45:35 AM

Not sure what you're talking about with the $2 an hour thing Vlad. I got 17.2 shares last round = ~6179641dvc = ~7.6btc = ~$823 at current exchange rates. Now, I posted some stuff I had written in the past, and I also got some shares for programming work (which actually took more time than writing), but assuming I had got those shares for writing 17k words, that'd mean I had spent over 400hrs, at ~40 words an hour. I definitely write faster than that!

I think if you're writing about something you know a lot about, 400 words an hour is a reasonable pace, which would give an estimate of about $20 an hour. Not bad for freelance writing. Granted, some people might write slower than that, and the exchange rate is crashing a bit, but it seems to me writing is still worth your while. I haven't had as much time this round to write (finals week in my university right now), and it is a bit discouraging seeing how many words the top writers have contributed, while I've only written about 4000. But even if there are twice as many shares that is still about $100! And I don't know about your situation, but as a college student, an extra $100 a month is very helpful. Smiley

That was last round. This current round is less than half that, and is expected to keep getting lower and lower.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.