Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:30:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412869 times)
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:25:22 PM

to:  finshaggy et al,

What did you mean by:  "you can also drive traffic to your stuff (your writings) so you can earn that way."

I've seen this mentioned on devtome but I don't get it.  How do you drive traffic to the papers you write, I thought traffic was automated via search engines and such.

So then

a) do you mean there's a way, a quantifiable way to drive additional traffic to your papers in order to get more views?

and

b) How is this traffic tracked and how and what do you earn?

A) Yes, unless by quantifiable you mean "you can watch the traffic numbers". Yes it is an amount that makes a difference though.

B) I'm not sure how it's tracked, but you earn Devcoins. Unthinkingbit probably has more info.

I'm reading the rest of your post now.

And the way you generally drive traffic to devtome is using URLs, I can help with more specific methods though.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:28:19 PM

Sorry,  have a shitty computer and something weird just happened. I'm replying to this not though.
[/quote]

Oh man, I just noticed you have links at the bottom of your posts sending people to your papers.  what a great idea. I cant' believe you're the only one doing this....well, now I'm doing it too.  Well, I'm not sure my jr rank will allow me, when I tried to upload a pic to my profile of the new coin I'm working on but it wouldn't let me so I'll try just doing the links alone and see if that works.

I wonder how devtome knows the normal traffic from the traffic you drive there.

also, you said you mine coins but you have a crappy computer?  I bought a supped up dual GPU $1700 computer ( which I ended up taking back like 2 or 3 days later and losing $300) and it was worthless for mining, I was wasting more electricity than the coins I was mining were worth.  so how are you mining and what coins are you mining?

One more thing, Have you done a coin yet for the new devcoin coin contest?  If so, are you any good at photoshop?  I have a great image in my mind about a new devcoin and it's interesting that I started designing it before I even knew there was a contest for it, days before I knew anything about a contest but I'm a horrible artist mechanically ( I can visualize things but can't get them out of my head) and I can't draw so it takes me forever just draw basic lines and designs which I can see so clearly in my mind and now the photoshop part is coming and that's gonna take days cause I don't know how to use it.  

Ok, I gotta stop posting and get started on a new paper before I go to bed, but I'll check back on any answers later on.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:30:18 PM

It wouldn't surprise me to see news tomorrow about some wallstreet investor or hedge fund paying big money to outright just buy a seemingly dead coin like IXcoin in order to save time and buy instant namebrand recognition, and it's something like that which would really validate this market and really push all coins higher.  We're literally that close, just one catalyst, one big unexpected headline from going from ZERO to HERO and hopefully this catalyst will come sooner than even a bull optimist like me expects but first, first just give me 1, maybe 2 months to earn and buy more coins cause right now I have very little as I only found out about all of this roughly 30 days ago.

good luck to you, good luck to everyone!

regards,

Vlad

That would be awesome. Hopefully Devcoin can just do that itself with the Bounty projects.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:33:30 PM

to:  finshaggy et al,

What did you mean by:  "you can also drive traffic to your stuff (your writings) so you can earn that way."

I've seen this mentioned on devtome but I don't get it.  How do you drive traffic to the papers you write, I thought traffic was automated via search engines and such.

So then

a) do you mean there's a way, a quantifiable way to drive additional traffic to your papers in order to get more views?

and

b) How is this traffic tracked and how and what do you earn?

A) Yes, unless by quantifiable you mean "you can watch the traffic numbers". Yes it is an amount that makes a difference though.

B) I'm not sure how it's tracked, but you earn Devcoins. Unthinkingbit probably has more info.

I'm reading the rest of your post now.

And the way you generally drive traffic to devtome is using URLs, I can help with more specific methods though.

Like what specific methods?  I can only think of placing links at the bottom of my screen here (if jr level is high enough), maybe put something on my youtube channel but nobody looks at my channel and maybe facebook but I don't have tons of friends as I rarely log on.  So I don't have a lot of ways to drive traffic that I can think of.  Any new ideas would be appreciated, or is it better to wait another month before letting the world know about this oasis in the dessert with limited watter that will simply not be enough for everyone?  lol....just one good month is all i'm asking, and I'll do my best to get more money to buy the rest of the devcoins to reach the goal I have in my mind which is very ambitious by most people's standards but not really a big deal on a real total dollar value level.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:35:06 PM

Oh man, I just noticed you have links at the bottom of your posts sending people to your papers.  what a great idea. I cant' believe you're the only one doing this....well, now I'm doing it too.  Well, I'm not sure my jr rank will allow me, when I tried to upload a pic to my profile of the new coin I'm working on but it wouldn't let me so I'll try just doing the links alone and see if that works.

I wonder how devtome knows the normal traffic from the traffic you drive there.

also, you said you mine coins but you have a crappy computer?  I bought a supped up dual GPU $1700 computer ( which I ended up taking back like 2 or 3 days later and losing $300) and it was worthless for mining, I was wasting more electricity than the coins I was mining were worth.  so how are you mining and what coins are you mining?

One more thing, Have you done a coin yet for the new devcoin coin contest?  If so, are you any good at photoshop?  I have a great image in my mind about a new devcoin and it's interesting that I started designing it before I even knew there was a contest for it, days before I knew anything about a contest but I'm a horrible artist mechanically ( I can visualize things but can't get them out of my head) and I can't draw so it takes me forever just draw basic lines and designs which I can see so clearly in my mind and now the photoshop part is coming and that's gonna take days cause I don't know how to use it.  

Ok, I gotta stop posting and get started on a new paper before I go to bed, but I'll check back on any answers later on.

I don't think it matter if you drive the traffic, I think you just get paid for traffic.

Nope, I've never mined any kind of coin. And you should have tried mining a different coin than bitcoin, that's probably why you were losing electricity. I don't even plan on mining btc until I get a FPGA.

Devcoin coin contest? What do you mean? And no I've never had photoshop, an my computer doesn't have paint. I have to use an online note pad to save stuff.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:37:42 PM

Like what specific methods?  I can only think of placing links at the bottom of my screen here (if jr level is high enough), maybe put something on my youtube channel but nobody looks at my channel and maybe facebook but I don't have tons of friends as I rarely log on.  So I don't have a lot of ways to drive traffic that I can think of.  Any new ideas would be appreciated, or is it better to wait another month before letting the world know about this oasis in the dessert with limited watter that will simply not be enough for everyone?  lol....just one good month is all i'm asking, and I'll do my best to get more money to buy the rest of the devcoins to reach the goal I have in my mind which is very ambitious by most people's standards but not really a big deal on a real total dollar value level.

This is one of the best ways
http://socialmediaexplode.com/?r=131994

Then there is facebook, twitter, youtube. Join groups on Facebook that are related to topic you write about.

Then share your articles other places so maybe people search phrases from it and find your devtome version.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:41:51 PM

how many dev coins are out there in total?

Hey jake, I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone.  I see you've jumped from the 2 coin JR level to the next level up, the 3 coin guy.  You have 133 posts so I'm close to that, do you remember at how many hours logged and how many posts you were bumped up to level 3?

Thanks....and I'm pretty sure there's roughly 5 billion devcoins outstanding but that number can be reduced very quickly at the currently price and especially if the current new business plan works and devcoin starts to earn money from all its efforts.  

Then there's always the possibility of a reverse split although in stocks those are never a good sign and rarely have the desired effect but this is the biggest reason I'm trying so hard to accumulate as many devcoins as I can - to be prepared for even a reverse 1 for 1,000 reverse split which would basically chop off 3 zeros off the total coins outstanding so if you now have 1,000,000 coins then you'd have 1,000 coins.  that's a huge reverse split but nothing in real terms would change as the price of the coin would also increase at the same time by 1,000 fold.  the reason to do it is so that people may then take you more serisouly and invest and also when they hear you only have 50 million coins, well, that's not bad compared to 5 billion.

But don't let the big number scare you, there's real potential here and there's various market conditions which will help in getting the price up if or when demand spikes.  good luck.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 08:02:33 PM

[/quote]

I don't think it matter if you drive the traffic, I think you just get paid for traffic.

Nope, I've never mined any kind of coin. And you should have tried mining a different coin than bitcoin, that's probably why you were losing electricity. I don't even plan on mining btc until I get a FPGA.

Devcoin coin contest? What do you mean? And no I've never had photoshop, an my computer doesn't have paint. I have to use an online note pad to save stuff.

[/quote]

I don't think you get paid for traffic at this point unless you make a marketing effort to drive traffic.  At least I haven't seen anything where I was getting anything from traffic which would be great as it would force people to write better and better papers.  But I just got here and I have yet to see a dime in actual coins so I could be wrong about this.  I just have a feeling there is a plan to pay people a share of the traffic their papers generate but right now the shares you get for "traffic" has to do with the marketing portion of earnings just like you get shares for writing I just don't know how they distinguish between the normal traffic you'd generate and additional.  They probably use a baseline across the board and if your papers get some significant number above that then maybe that's how they know you've been out there advertising your stuff.  I don't know, just a guess.

Yeah, there' s contest and once they get 15 entries it's closed.  you get like 2/5 of a share just to turn something in which I think is too generous as the turning in part is like breathing, it has to happen to be considered.  then you get like 4 shares for 1st place, 2 for seond and I think 1 for 3rd.

I don't even care about the 4 shares cause I've alrady spent more time on this coin to have earned 5 times that by writing but I had an image of a coin in my head since before I even heard about the contest and I actually started putting it on paper before I heard about the contest so I have this desire to get my version out there and he curiosity or ambition to try and win.  That's why I'm wasting time on this thing, it's actually making me angry at this point cause it's such a slow moving project for someone like me compared to anything else I can naturally do pretty well.

I've seen some decent designs but not a single one that got me saying, WOW or yeah, I can see the meaning in that.  The coin in my noggin has meaning, lots of meaning and detail, it's not just a new reshaped dollar sign so you can say you've got a new coin.  I don't want to insult the work of others on here cause most if not all are more artistic than me but I simply didn't see any originality or imagination in any of the coins I've seen so far.  And bitcoin, that coin is meaningless - besides the 101011010 which is just machine code it has zero meaning so that coin isn't gonna last long and I can't believe with their money they didn't have the decency to just put on a new and real and meaningful face before that simply dollar copy cat coin gets burned in everyone's mind and then you're stuck with it. 

And I don't mean make it complex, no, simple and minimalistic is good but I don't know, it should stand for something, it should tell a story and it should be very obvious to people when they first see what it means or stands for, at least  rough idea and my coin, I really think my coin does exactly that to a large degree and that's the point.  soon there' s gonna be dozens maybe hundreds of coins and some will spend the due diligence on a new face, afterall marketing is about packaging, many people will pick to buy a coin when it gets confusing given there's no real underlying business (well, devcoin is trying) so then the look will play a HUGE part in why people will choose your coin (especially if I'm right and it's gonna be a hectic frenzy and people won't have time to research each coin) and it should as it says at lot about the people running that particular coin, it says a lot about their standards, their imagination, their expectations and their values. 

People instinctively know these things when they pick one product over another and that's why packaging plays such a huge role in any product's life cycle.  but it doesn't seem like any of these coin owners went to business school - well, I can't say that about devcoin, cause I did find at least 5 different pics of different devcoins when I first googled their name while no other coin had more than 1 image and all of them looked like bitcoin just a different letter.  talk about no imagination - it's not that hard to just do it yourself if you don't have the money if for no other reason just to be different, to stand out to have some pride in a unique identity. 

But as for me , well, Me and this coin are like a "special person" at a regular Olympics 100 yard dash running against the Bolt guy and as you can imagine it's painful and ugly to just watch let alone experience it.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 08:23:15 PM

I don't think you get paid for traffic at this point unless you make a marketing effort to drive traffic.  At least I haven't seen anything where I was getting anything from traffic which would be great as it would force people to write better and better papers.  But I just got here and I have yet to see a dime in actual coins so I could be wrong about this.  I just have a feeling there is a plan to pay people a share of the traffic their papers generate but right now the shares you get for "traffic" has to do with the marketing portion of earnings just like you get shares for writing I just don't know how they distinguish between the normal traffic you'd generate and additional.  They probably use a baseline across the board and if your papers get some significant number above that then maybe that's how they know you've been out there advertising your stuff.  I don't know, just a guess.

Yeah, there' s contest and once they get 15 entries it's closed.  you get like 2/5 of a share just to turn something in which I think is too generous as the turning in part is like breathing, it has to happen to be considered.  then you get like 4 shares for 1st place, 2 for seond and I think 1 for 3rd.

I don't even care about the 4 shares cause I've alrady spent more time on this coin to have earned 5 times that by writing but I had an image of a coin in my head since before I even heard about the contest and I actually started putting it on paper before I heard about the contest so I have this desire to get my version out there and he curiosity or ambition to try and win.  That's why I'm wasting time on this thing, it's actually making me angry at this point cause it's such a slow moving project for someone like me compared to anything else I can naturally do pretty well.

I've seen some decent designs but not a single one that got me saying, WOW or yeah, I can see the meaning in that.  The coin in my noggin has meaning, lots of meaning and detail, it's not just a new reshaped dollar sign so you can say you've got a new coin.  I don't want to insult the work of others on here cause most if not all are more artistic than me but I simply didn't see any originality or imagination in any of the coins I've seen so far.  And bitcoin, that coin is meaningless - besides the 101011010 which is just machine code it has zero meaning so that coin isn't gonna last long and I can't believe with their money they didn't have the decency to just put on a new and real and meaningful face before that simply dollar copy cat coin gets burned in everyone's mind and then you're stuck with it. 

And I don't mean make it complex, no, simple and minimalistic is good but I don't know, it should stand for something, it should tell a story and it should be very obvious to people when they first see what it means or stands for, at least  rough idea and my coin, I really think my coin does exactly that to a large degree and that's the point.  soon there' s gonna be dozens maybe hundreds of coins and some will spend the due diligence on a new face, afterall marketing is about packaging, many people will pick to buy a coin when it gets confusing given there's no real underlying business (well, devcoin is trying) so then the look will play a HUGE part in why people will choose your coin (especially if I'm right and it's gonna be a hectic frenzy and people won't have time to research each coin) and it should as it says at lot about the people running that particular coin, it says a lot about their standards, their imagination, their expectations and their values. 

People instinctively know these things when they pick one product over another and that's why packaging plays such a huge role in any product's life cycle.  but it doesn't seem like any of these coin owners went to business school - well, I can't say that about devcoin, cause I did find at least 5 different pics of different devcoins when I first googled their name while no other coin had more than 1 image and all of them looked like bitcoin just a different letter.  talk about no imagination - it's not that hard to just do it yourself if you don't have the money if for no other reason just to be different, to stand out to have some pride in a unique identity. 

But as for me , well, Me and this coin are like a "special person" at a regular Olympics 100 yard dash running against the Bolt guy and as you can imagine it's painful and ugly to just watch let alone experience it.

That sounds cool, I want to see your coin when you get it done. Wish I had a better computer or I would try too.

And no one makes money from traffic yet because there are no ads, but the more traffic your page has, the more t will continue to get. An when they start using ads you'll have a good head start.

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:42:00 PM

Now that the portal is up we are working on the devcoin ad network.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:42:26 PM

I do not have page view information for articles, so now it's just a word count. Once I have page view information I'll update devtome.py to pay writers partly according to how many views/word their work received in the past.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 09:00:00 PM

I do not have page view information for articles, so now it's just a word count. Once I have page view information I'll update devtome.py to pay writers partly according to how many views/word their work received in the past.

Good info. Smiley

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 09:01:21 PM

Now that the portal is up we are working on the devcoin ad network.
That's awesome, ya'll are gonna make like a AdSense where you pay in devcoins? Smiley

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 09:06:21 PM

That sounds cool, I want to see your coin when you get it done. Wish I had a better computer or I would try too.

And no one makes money from traffic yet because there are no ads, but the more traffic your page has, the more t will continue to get. An when they start using ads you'll have a good head start.
[/quote]

I need some input.  you wanna text me you email address.  I can't post the pic on here cause i'm not allowed to upload anything and when I asked one of the main mods here for his opinion he refused to see it or give me feedback accusing me of trying to talk him into or swaying his decision.

not at all I just wanna know if I'm wasting a bunch of time on a dead cause.  

The version I have not is not totally complete and I temporarily used an image I found very interesting which I thought was just a plain image to find out from a friend that it's a major image or mark used in a major video game so now I'm trying to completely design a totally new image to go in the center of the coin but even with this ripped off image you can get an idea of what I'm going for.  Cause besides the new image which tells a story while staying simple the rest of the coin will be the same except small things like some latin words strategically placed throughout the coin for optimal effect and looks.

I think my email may be on my profile so you can email me and I'll email you the coin I have so far and you can give me the input. Like I said, I don't care about the 4 shares, that's not much and in fact you can have half my shares if I win anything just for your opinion.  

Just a heads up, careful about pushing any links from anyone.  One guy on here I've been talking to said he picked up a keylog virus from this site via a link which will also take images of your screen and with those two tools they can track everything you do and get into all your wallets so any link you get from anyone just retype it into a new window.   He said he barely got it off his computer and if he had not noticed it he would have lost everything.  A virus only uploads to your computer if you press a link.  That little I know.....I think.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 10:05:39 PM

when do you think you'll get the upgrade to get the pageview info?  So you'll backdate it?  Well, I only have 10 total days but still, that's really great.  You guys have been so grateful, it's ridiculous, I mean it's just not what happens in this world where the owner of a coin would try to hoard his coins while giving none away and instead pumping it to try and dump it on the market.

I think that's what the IXcoin guy tried to do and that's the only reason, or the biggest reason, his coin failed but it still has potential because of its unique dynamics.  I mean, at 21 million total shares in 2015, someone can come around and buy a controlling stake, 51%, slowly without anyone even noticing, for just $100,000.

Now I don't know how long it takes to develop, code and launch a new currency but I think, to a person with money, like an investor (even an average investor) and especially given this is an ultra fast moving market, I think it would be well worth spending $100,000 to get an already made and working coin which is already mostly mined and a coin most people are familiar with.  You make a new and sweet design as if to say - I'm not that bozo, this is new management and devise a generous scheme where you give way some coins via a lottery or something to show people you're not a scammer and BAM!, you're now a coin owner and you did it pretty much overnight with ZERO programming talent.

Depending on how much line code goes into making a coin and the degree of difficulty, I fully expect at least one or two coins to be bought out by someone soon cause even if it's cheaper, say $25,000 to pay a couple programmers for 1 months to write a new coin, that extra time ads uncertainty and an even bigger chance is not knowing how people will react and if they'll accept your coin.

And one can probably buy 51% of devcoin for not much more than that but that would be impossible as many of the shares I'm guessing are actually held by too many separate individuals which would take a long time to gather and by then word would get out and you'd pay 100 times more.

but with an abandoned coin like IXcoin where most people sitting on free coins they mined feeling it's going to zero, man, you can steal those coins all day long.  I really wish I had some money or a decent job right now cause this is like cutting nuts off a pig in a barrel....I know it's fish in a barrel, but back in the homeland, the Eastern Bloc, I have real memories of my grandparents stuffing a year old pig head first in a barrel and slicing his nuts off with a blade - slid right off right onto a plate (why you ask?  According to them:  they'll stop chasing the girls around now and fatten up real quick now let's go eat these slimy nuts", lol, for reals) and then they fried them up and served them up.  Now I was only like 5 but I wasn't no fool to be putting pig nuts in my mouth, no, real boys don't do that and I was a real boy, man.

Man, I should have added this story to my paper although the paper had a more seriouis tone and this would change it so maybe I'll write a different one about the funny stuff that happened like the rock fights with gypsies.  Wait, I think I wrote about that too.  lol....there's more I'm sure.

So yeah, choosing winning coins when the're only like 6 and most are still dirt cheap (I wish more than anything I would have come in just 45 days sooner just to have bought namecoin for $.001, which was my first pick and devcoin my second based soley on name, coin design and instinct and namecoin went up 1,000 fold, and seeing how it was my first pick a decision I made after just 15 minutes after I heard about bitcoin I'd say there may be something to my investment convictions which would bode well for devcoin.....so basically, well, investing will never get this easy ever again.  The erason is in the past even if you were right you had to wait years as the business plan executed while with these coins it's all about perception which can change overnight and now with devcoin it's about a new hybrid business model where your money doesn't just sit but it works 24/7 for you and you're activel involved with your bank in where and how your money works and there is nothing like this on the planet and once investors realizze the potential there simply won't be enough shares to go around for a few months until copy cats pop up and that's when buying an existing dead currency would make sense as even 1 week head start on being the pepsi of the market would be a big deal. 

It reminds me of internet stocks, in the first 2 or 3 years it didn't matter which ones you bought, once the craze started they all went up, ALL OF them.  dumb and dumber made money in the dot com boom if they just put their money in and knew when to get out.  it's the same here only really moving much faster.  I remember in jan of around 1999 I had $,3,000 in my Stock account and by april, so about 3 months, I literally had 10-fold or $30,000 but I lost it all on Microsoft Stock options in sept-oct of that year or maybe it was 2000.  I would have made millions but it was later that year that the DOJ announced their enormous anti trust lawsuit against Softy and the stock never recovered. 

I could have pulled half my money out but I didn't have experience and I couldnt' handle giving up so easily and losing $15,000 so I made excuses and thought the stock would recover and keep going up as it was basically doubling along with intel and many other tech and internet stocks every single year for the previous 3 or 4 years.  it was the craziest thing but I didn't understand it and I thought it was something normal, a new way of investing but now hopefully I know a once in a lifetime opportunity and will hopefully take full advantage of it and this time, just because the nature of this new market and the innate physical properties (no real business to build or in devcoin's case the business is the shareholders themselves so it moves like a wildfire and it feeds off itself until it gains massive momentum and then it becomes self sufficient, there is literally nothing like this that I have ever seen and it's the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed in the world of business and it's so good in fact that I keep thinking it's too good to be true but I've looked at it objectively and it's not a pyramid scheme and everyone seems open, honest, generous and transparent so it truly feels like an incredibly fortunate God given once in a lifetime opportunity) or lack thereof, of these digital currencies, these electron currencies will ironically move at the speed of light and, when/if they do get really popular all of a sudden they will move with incredible speed, volatility and aggression.

So I could have basically put the last 5 or 7 posts together and posted them as one big propaganda, but truthful propaganda piece, on devtome and gotten myself like 2,000 words and 2 shares....at least.  Man, I need to focus more on writing and less on pig nuts in a barrel and writing that doesn't pay.  which reminds me, my texts have gone down by a factor of 10 because now everytime I write anything I'm thinking in terms of time, effort, lost energy and basically writing tons of meaningless texts for free when I could use that same energy to write a paper I get paid for so I literally tell my friends sorry I can't keep writing to you for free.  lol, true story....AAAAHHHHH, one more thing I culd have put on devtome.  ha!  I'm getting so tired I think I'm entering that funny laugh at anything delusional part.

metazilla

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:16:57 PM

Hey Vlad, about what you were saying about the fluctuations in price, what you're seeing is definitely because you're looking at DVC/USD and not DVC/BTC.

Check out this chart: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=1-year&resolution=day&pair=dvc-btc&market=vircurex

As you can see, the price versus BTC has stayed relatively stable for the past year. Those big fluctuations you were seeing in DVC/USD were probably do to the huge bubble and crashes that were happening with BTC/USD. It's informative to look at a BTC/USD chart side by side with a DVC/USD chart to see how it affects it. In fact, the price in USD of every cryptocurrency I've seen is closely tied to the price of BTC. Maybe in the future when cryptocurrency is more popular the prices won't be so closely tied. As of now though, it only really makes sense to look at DVC/BTC.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning if you're selling DVC on vircurex and intending to get USD, you can often make more by doing DVC->BTC then BTC->USD. And even then you could make more by transferring your BTC to another exchange (I use CampBX) and selling them for USD there. There is probably a similar thing you can do to maximize the amount of DVC you could buy with USD or with BTC. Last, I'd recommend to buy DVC with BTC if possible, because it will push up the exchange rate and make all of our DVC worth more. Smiley

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 10:24:59 PM

Anyone mining on the merged mining pool on dvcstable01, please update your software to look for the pool on dvcnode.org in future not on devcoin.org anymore.

That is, in future point at the pool as dvcstable01.dvcnode.org:10332

Note that we still have no tools for divvying up the merged coins so it still is only in effect just a zero fee bitcoin pool currently.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 10:32:31 PM

Anyone mining on the merged mining pool on dvcstable01, please update your software to look for the pool on dvcnode.org in future not on devcoin.org anymore.

Note that we still have no tools for divvying up the merged coins so it still is only in effect just a zero fee bitcoin pool currently.

-MarkM-

So does this mean If you mine devcoins you get bitcoins?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 11:39:18 PM

-MarkM-

So does this mean If you mine devcoins you get bitcoins?

No, it is a p2pool, with no fee, so miners get 100% of the bitcoins.

If also merged mines all the coins, but there is no tool to divide those up, so for miners it currently just works as a no fee bitcoin pool.

Someday it is hoped tools will be developed so a pool admin could sell all the other coins either for bitcoins or devcoins or whatever, then divide up that resulting loot to the miners in accordance with how much ming they have done.

For example maybe a pool could set up as a 105% payout pool, where miners not only get 100% of the bitcoins they mine but also periodically an extra 5% be sent out to them.

Or what we devcoiners want to do is to sell altcoins for devcoins and send out the devcoins proportionately to how many bitcoins the miners got aka how much mining they did.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 12:10:00 AM

-MarkM-

hwo effecgive is this pool at merged mining?  What can you get using a decent $700 laptop?  Which coins?  What about a higher end $2,000 desktop like I had with a octocore FX 8350 AMD CPU and dual ATI 7850 GPU's?  just mining for litecoin it was only doing about .27 of 1 coin ni 24 hours.  that's like $1.20 per 24 hours and those 2 graphics cards were a killer in energy consumption.

What abouot CPU mining for this pool?  I bought 2 old dell servers with each having 2 CPUs each quad core L5420 so 8 core, 16 gigs of ECC ram, 4 HDD 73 gigs scsi 15Krpm, and nothing was stripped, from them, they have 3 Ethernet cards each, a riser card, etc. 

so I tried cpu mining liecoin and It was a joke, I was getting one-tenth of what the $1700 desktop was getting so basically electricity was more.  I tried the 4 way cpu mining but couldn't get it to work.  I tried the merged mining on bitcoinparking or something like that but couldn't get it to work it's all just so complicated so I gave up and bought some coins and then I found devtome but I would still really love to be able to CPU mine cause I kept one of the servers and sold the other one to my bro cause for $175 he thought it was killer deal and it was, I love the thing.

So if anyone knows of a good way to merge pool mine please let me know.  I'd greately appreciate it and it would help devcoin as most don't mine it cause it only pays out 10%, so I'd gladly mine it.  Speaking of which, does anybody know how many devcoins you can get in one day total and how much you get to keep?  reason is that I saw the difficulty was much much higher than litecoin so I didn't even try.  Litecoin only had a difficulty of 490 4 weeks ago compared to 10 Million for bitcoin which I didn't even try to mine and around 300 or 400,000 for devcoin I think so that means it's hopeless to mine anything unless you get free electricity and spend $5,000 on a computer.

Anybody have any idea?

Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: