Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:10:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6871 6872 6873 6874 6875 6876 6877 6878 6879 6880 6881 6882 6883 6884 6885 6886 6887 6888 6889 6890 6891 6892 6893 6894 6895 6896 6897 6898 6899 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 [6921] 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722525 times)
jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 04:39:25 AM

To me you have four productive choices

I should employ you as my personal policy and finance manager. You spend more time on it than me !

I'm genuinely concerned, that's all. You do seem troubled.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 04:57:50 AM

....then we'll lose all our customers. (As we have done).

DASH is currently at $100 (with no customers) up an astounding 50% in the last 16 days ! Shocked
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 07:20:26 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2020, 08:41:06 AM by qwizzie

Nice, first $100 in the bag. Now we can start thinking about $200
So far Dash has been doing its price recovery at a relatively slow and steady pace, i have a feeling that could change soon.

Some Altcoins (XRP and Stellar for example) are already showing clear signs of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) impacting their price recovery, this could spread to other Altcoins as well.

Source : Messari.io

Be prepared for price volatile times. Also it looks like Dash has rejoined the 'Billion dollar and more' marketcap club. Dash increased its marketcap from $687 Million earlier this month, to $1.02 Billion marketcap now.

''Dash price is in a death spiral''
''Dash price will be dumped into oblivion''
''Dash will not be able to attract large investors''
''Dash price will not be able to climb out of its downward channel''
''Dash will not be able to handle a large price increase with its masternodes model''

All dust in the wind --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ

great  project

Thank you and welcome to our Dash project.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
xkcdd

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 08:56:00 AM

Quick update on this evolving market.  DASH is up 20% on the day posting a price of $114 still 10x less than where it is headed.  The chain is just 4 days out from moving capital from wasteful mining into fruitful staking/service helping green DASH and reward diligent investors.  Hopefully Jerry BANFIELD does an updated video for us on how to run a masternode to get the FOMO going.  ETH is up 2% and Bitcoin is up 1%.  Fully mined coins BCH up 14% and LTC up 5%.  I guess every dog has it's day, eh?  Huh
birdonthewire

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 09:12:46 AM

Trusted services have a place I suppose, but many get into crypto to have more freedom with their money. Plus I imagine most trusted services essentially don't vote.

I think the benefits of trustless shared masternodes would outweigh the downside.

Possible solution:

In the DashPay wallet, it could be presented as a savings account where you have to lock up your DASH for a term based on the masternode payment schedule. You could lock it up for 1 or more payments and once those are complete you'd get your initial locked amount back.

All DASH locked in the savings account would be pooled together, allowing for individual terms to end at the same time as taking down the least amount of masternodes due to the reduction of pooled collateral. People who want to run masternodes but don't have the 1000 DASH, could subscribe to running one with a minimum of 200 DASH or so with the remaining 800 or so required counted from the savings pool of all locked DASH. Instead of getting the full ROI of a full masternode maybe you'd get a bit less based on the reality that there might be an excess amount of DASH (not divisible by 1000) in the pool or not enough people to run masternodes to cover the DASH in the pool. The people willing to host shared masternodes naturally should get a bigger reward than those who just lock their DASH in the savings account. Longer terms should get higher rewards too. On the voting side, anyone who locks their DASH during the entirety of a voting cycle, should be able to vote with their vote weighted based on the percentage out of 1000 DASH they've locked up.

I'm sure there are ways to improve this as I've done almost no brainstorming to come up with this. So, the nightmare you talk about shouldn't be so difficult to code.

A major upside to this set up would I think be decentralization, getting more people involved and invested. You might also get higher voter participation.

Now, what is the downside?

Good post, thanks.
   The approach that you expose, do you do it from a technical perspective? Is it technically feasible / affordable?
Because personally I do not agree with a fork to increase mining returns, imo, it is not important to improve the project (or not to the extent that Toknormal defends) ... but with expanding the universe of voters and beneficiaries, without a doubt.

That this right is currently executed by less than a million tokens on average in each vote of almost ten ... beyond being a shame and a robbery in the face of Common Funds, it is not representative of those who have been supporting DASH for years - and have been wiped off the map -.

If those who have raided the Common Treasury deny that right, exposed a thousand times in DASH starting with the founder himself, that advantage would deserve a fork.

I would appreciate an assessment on the viability of this change. Thank you.

DASH IS THE VACCINE AGAINST THE NAKAMOTO´S CANNIBALISM* ( and its extractive virus, BTC ) 

*Parasitic growth system based on the transfer of wealth through speculative bubbles (the same old scam of the fiat global elite ...in a new format)

https://discord.com/channels/370148711088652288/660351836292775936/773522887616757770
birdonthewire

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 09:21:52 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2020, 10:06:04 AM by birdonthewire

Quick update on this evolving market.  DASH is up 20% on the day posting a price of $114 still 10x less than where it is headed.  The chain is just 4 days out from moving capital from wasteful mining into fruitful staking/service helping green DASH and reward diligent investors.  Hopefully Jerry BANFIELD does an updated video for us on how to run a masternode to get the FOMO going.  ETH is up 2% and Bitcoin is up 1%.  Fully mined coins BCH up 14% and LTC up 5%.  I guess every dog has it's day, eh?  Huh

But let's see, idiot ... stop confusing newcomers to continue your robbery ... and now a thousand tokens every time, LOL. Do you think YOU have to give someone a transfusion of faith in DASH?  Grin

The problem is that a few hundred scoundrels are scammers, not that DASH is an interesting project or not.

DASH IS THE VACCINE AGAINST THE NAKAMOTO´S CANNIBALISM* ( and its extractive virus, BTC ) 

*Parasitic growth system based on the transfer of wealth through speculative bubbles (the same old scam of the fiat global elite ...in a new format)

https://discord.com/channels/370148711088652288/660351836292775936/773522887616757770
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 09:48:47 AM

We watch all competitors fly into space and enjoy the stable bottom of DASH.
Woe to me why I contacted this team. Earlier I liked at least a stationary wallet, it was perfect and beautiful.
Now squalor, like the stupid team itself and all their creation. Price and demand confirm the above. Well, the price does not go up and that's it.
Buyers' hopes for a pump. But market players will bring the price down again. The price will be even lower. Wait

DASH will be fine. The coin survived a lot in it's early days and is getting stronger Smiley
Dahaa

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 10:21:44 AM

Stability 1 eth = 6 dash Grin
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 10:24:27 AM

from moving capital from wasteful mining into fruitful staking/service helping green DASH

The "greenest" staking service in crypto is here.

A good example of how "wasteful mining" was abandoned to the benefit of early adopters and paid for by late adopters.

P.S. Can you offer any examples from the real world where interest or dividends are paid without being earned ? I haven't found any.

Not saying we're not due for a pump but the pump without the dump would be nice.
xkcdd

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 10:34:43 AM

Not saying we're not due for a pump but the pump without the dump would be nice.

Oh the dump is coming.  7 mnodes sold on this foray above $100.  Interestingly to me, they were upgraded nodes and not from the set of legacy nodes.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 11:17:59 AM

Bitcoin price ATH : $19,666
Bitcoin price currently : $18,967 (correcting from $19,109 earlier today)

Bitcoin very close at establishing a new ATH.
Link : https://cryptowat.ch/charts/BITSTAMP:BTC-USD?period=1w_Monday

History in the making. After Bitcoin price breached $19,666 it will be waiting on the blow off top, which could come either fast or could take awhile.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 11:26:02 AM

Bitcoin ATH : $19,666

Isn't it slightly early ?

We're currently tracking December 2016. Previous ATH should be reached on Jan 2nd. We're front-running it due to global collapse.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 11:37:59 AM

We're currently tracking December 2016. Previous ATH should be reached on Jan 2nd. We're front-running it due to global collapse.

The stock market does seem to be in recovery, eventhough the global covid-19 virus outbreak is still rampaging both in the US and Europe.  
Some think the stock market is currently in denial and will get a wake up call next year(s)

Maybe institutional investors are hedging against inflation from all the money that is being printed by countries worldwide to keep economies from collapsing.

dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 01:09:08 PM

The stock market does seem to be in recovery, eventhough the global covid-19 virus outbreak is still rampaging both in the US and Europe.  
Some think the stock market is currently in denial and will get a wake up call next year(s)

Maybe institutional investors are hedging against inflation from all the money that is being printed by countries worldwide to keep economies from collapsing.

Inflation rate is the only difference which is fuel of the ongoing the BTC rally from my perspective current investors are really smart than than the pervious retail investors. They are securing their wealth against the fait so that I think current is on the early phase soon it will headed toward the moon when retail will realize this.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 02:52:45 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2020, 03:55:11 PM by qwizzie

These 5 altcoins are beating every major cryptocurrency this week
Link : https://cointelegraph.com/news/these-5-altcoins-are-beating-every-major-cryptocurrency-this-week

Chainlink, Dash, Compound Price Analysis: 24 November
Link : https://eng.ambcrypto.com/chainlink-dash-compound-price-analysis-24-november/

Interesting Dash price formation : lets call it Hydra  Roll Eyes

Source : https://cryptowat.ch/charts/BINANCE:DASH-BTC?period=30m

Interesting Dash price gains :

Source : messari.io

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 03:26:04 PM

Having been in this thread longer than most, I can tell you that it's always a bullish sign for Dash when the hangry concern trolls emerge from their caves.  Cool

Don't feed the trolls!  Kiss

Shocked Kiss

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Nthelight

Activity: 112
Merit: 73

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 04:03:01 PM
Merited by Halab (2), WastedLTC (2), qwizzie (1), dafdaf (1)

Some bullish points about dash

Point of Sale (PoS) capable due to InstantSend technology:
Dash can actually be adopted by commerce, unlike almost any other crypto on the market today. Dash is a (massively improved) 1st generation Bitcoin fork PoW coin, but does not need block confirmations (by miners) to consider the transaction final. Bitcoin however is essentially still unevolved and remains a '6 confirmations is considered secure and final' blockchain. With a blocktime of 10 minutes that is one hour to consider it fully secure. Even with 1 confirmation you would still have to wait 10 minutes as a client/merchant to be sure the transaction is final. From a practical standpoint Bitcoin is unusable in PoS, unless the merchant is willing to take on the risk.

This is not the case with Dash. Both for merchants and clients Dash is a vastly superior payments method and possibly the only cryptocurrency that can actually be used in real life (face to face) commerce situations without any risk. Due to the fairly recent implementation of default InstantSend for all transactions, no specific action is required from users. The transactions are also instantly respendable, which was not the case in the earliest implementation of InstantSend. Instant transactions are required to be a cash-like cryptocurrency. For example, Bitcoin Cash supporters say that BCH is the real 'cash' cryptocurrency, however they don't have instant confirmations. They actually use zero-conf transactions in POS creating the possibility to be double spend attacked. It seems however that they implemented some mitigation technology to deal with double spends (https://doublespend.cash/about.html).

Scaling - Transactional cost (fee):
Due to Bitcoin's popularity and its unevolving design, Bitcoin has become expensive to use for day to day transactions. At times the fees are so high that it's crystal clear that Bitcoin is not ever going to be used as a P2P cash technology. It's so apparent, that the narative had to be changed to 'digital gold' (store of value), which has little to no basis in reality. The 'digital gold' narrative is simply marketing and the SoV narrative is in my opinion not that solid. It may seem like a store of value now, but there's no guarantee. It will be a store of value as long as everyone keeps investing money in it. In my opinion there is no 'intrinsic value' in Bitcoin. It's a hedge against the fiat world and due to massive investment it appears as a store of value.

The problem with Bitcoin is the fact that they are stuck at the "temporarily implemented" 1 MB per block limit. Satoshi implmenented this to prevent spam attacks cluttering the blockchain. It was never intended to remain at 1 MB. This massively limits Bitcoin's potential, meaning it cannot practically scale to a global cryptocurrency which is used for day to day transactions and obviously pushes the fees up when there is high usage. Sooner or later Bitcoin will constantly hit 1MB blocks and there is no way to deal with it, other than pushing their users to pay ever increasing high fees to move up the priority of your transaction or accept that your transaction will be in the mempool for hours waiting to be confirmed. Bitcoiners could also use the "Lightning network" to deal with the high fees, but everything I've learned and seen about the Lightning network shows that it's not user friendly and has various issues. Bitcoin is basically stuck and does not have a proper answer to the scaling challenge, as long as they remain ideological about the 1MB limit. At some point people will have to admit that Bitcoin has become a dinosaur in the crypto field from a technical point of view.

I simply look at Bitcoin as a technology with no ability to properly raise its bandwidth (capacity / transactional throughput). Imagine thinking that broadband internet would forever be stuck at 1Mbps and that you are convinced this is the future. 

A note must be made though, that Bitcoin implemented 'SegWit' to allow Bitcoin to have larger than 1MB blocks. As far as I know it allows a theoretical limit of 2MB.

Although Dash is used a lot less than Bitcoin, the Dash community has long voted to raise the blockchain to 2MB. Dash doesn't use or need 2MB blocks at the moment, but it shows that Dash can quickly evolve and implement a higher transactional throughput through raising the block size, just as Satoshi intended. It is frustrating to see how Bitcoin's development was hijacked by some special interest. So Bitcoin can only scale through using an additional (difficult to use) layer on top of Bitcoin (Lightning). Usage of Lightning network is going up, but remains fairly low.

Research done by the University of Arizona demonstrated that Dash could raise its block size up well beyond 10MB with an orphan rate less than 0.1%, meaning that Dash can scale up its transactional throughput to meet any potential need we may have in the future, while keeping transaction fees very low:
https://asunow.asu.edu/20180731-asu-and-dash-publish-new-research-blockchain-scalability
https://dashnews.org/new-asu-blockchain-lab-research-shows-dash-can-easily-scale-near-paypal-levels/

Dash has already done stress tests, in the current situation, hitting more than 3 MILLION transactions in a 24 hour period without any issues whatsoever:
https://www.dash.org/2018/11/15/stress-test-2/
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dash-transactions.html

Transactional privacy due to PrivateSend technology:
Most blockchain projects do not have any form of privacy enhancing features, but Dash has a massively improved protocol level CoinJoin  readily available in the Dash core wallet (and likely soon also in the mobile wallets). The benefit of PrivateSend is that this happens in a completely trustless manner versus 3rd party bitcoin mixers which are always a risk (not your keys not your coins). Some 3rd party bitcoin mixers have simply stolen people's bitcoin. This cannot happen with Dash's PrivateSend.

Although many adversaries have claimed that PrivateSend is traceable, this is absolutely not the case. The transactions may be transparent, but it's statistically impossible to trace the transaction back to the original sender with 100% certainty. As far as I know, no transaction has ever been 'cracked', but some have tried and some dubious claims about have been made in the past. Over the years PrivateSend has been improved a lot (increased mixing rounds, increased quorum participants, ...). It is true that it requires a small effort from the user to mix coins before using them, but that is not really a big concern to users who really want their transactions to remain private. PrivateSend is still being worked on and further improvements are still expected, because there are some minor issues left which could be improved upon (mostly to make it more user friendly).

Monero supporters say that Monero's privacy is superior and while that may be true, some risk remains that someday the Monero blockchain is fully "reversed". Supporters say Monero is the real cash cryptocurrency, but they don't have instant confirmations or any other features. At the moment Monero seems to be a niche coin focussed on one aspect, namely transactional/balance privacy. There is nothing wrong with that, they seem to be doing well, but Dash has long broadened its innovations beyond privacy alone.

Protection against 51% attacks due to ChainLocks technology:
A successful 51% attack allows the attacker to reorganize blockchain events. Dash is the first PoW cryptocurrency (blockchain) that is immune to 51% attacks. This used to be a big concern with Bitcoin, but in reality very unlikely to happen. However cryptocurrencies that are using the same hashing algorithm remain at high risk for a 51% attack. All small networks are at risk for 51% attacks. Especially those that only have a small share of the hashrate of the leading coin using the same hashing algorithm. People tend to ignore that the risk is there, but as a user or investor it provides great relief that this is no longer possible with Dash. Even though the risk was already very minimal with Dash, since Dash is the leading X11 hashing algorithm coin.

Some coins have implemented checkpoints to prevent 51% attack, but these are inferior solutions to the problem. See also the repeated successful 51% attacks on Ethereum Classic. Ethereum classic should be dead, but some big players are probably keeping it alive. The risk also exists with Bitcoin Cash as they are considered Bitcoin's little brother in terms of mining hashrate (same algo).

See the following links for more detailed information on ChainLocks:
https://github.com/dashpay/dips/blob/master/dip-0008.md
https://dashnews.org/andreas-antonopoulos-calls-dash-chainlocks-a-smart-way-of-preventing-51-attacks/
https://blog.dash.org/mitigating-51-attacks-with-llmq-based-chainlocks-7266aa648ec9
https://cryptobriefing.com/chainlocks-dash-network/

Governance by blockchain:
Unlike many other projects, Dash has never split (hard forked) into different projects. Whenever a serious issue comes up, Dash has the ability to ask its primary shareholders (masternode owners) to vote on the direction the project needs to take. Although it may not be perfect, Dash is simply the first project that allows its large holders to 'vote on blockchain'. It provides a better way to governance compared to some other projects where conflicts are not handled properly and lead to drama and contentious hard forks, where the 'number one' needs to take a decision and everybody else is along with the ride. I have my criticism as well of the Dash governance system and it should be improved where feasible, but it's better than having nothing. Dash masternodes vote from their core wallet or they can use the service provided by https://www.dashcentral.org/.

About masternodes:
Although masternodes are a key element of the Dash network, masternodes in themselves are not a feature, they are required to provide additional services to end users, which cannot be provided by traditional Bitcoin compatible PoW blockchains (without masternodes).

The implementation of PrivateSend (Coinjoin²) required the implementation of an additional back-end infrastructure layer that allows mixing of users funds. Hence masternodes were implemented which are running the dash daemon with specific parameters enabling the enhanced features available in Dash. At first it was just PrivateSend, but it was quickly realized that having masternodes allowed the implementation of other enhanced features (compared to Bitcoin). Not much later it was discovered that masternodes could lock in transactions before they were written to the blockchain, allowing InstantSend to become a reality. Also ChainLocks cannot exist without this additional back-end infrastructure of masternodes (the so-called 2nd tier).

Masternodes allow adding features (services) on top of the Bitcoin protocol, which are difficult to implement otherwise, or practically not really feasible without them, unless you completely abandon the Bitcoin protocol. Remember, Dash is a Bitcoin fork, which means that it is easier for other parties to implement Dash, if they are already working with Bitcoin. From a code perspective, Dash is basically Bitcoin. Well, Dash is a much better Bitcoin from a technical and end user perspective.

Incentivized nodes (masternodes) also allowed the full node network to grow rapidly and provide high availability of Dash's blockchain and its services. Dash currently has approximately 5000 full nodes (https://www.dashninja.pl/). This allows users with a core wallet to rapidly synchronize the blockchain. Compared to other projects, Dash's blockchain synchronizes very rapidly. Masternodes are hosted in datacenters and provide high availability of the Dash network.

Dash Platform (Evolution):
All of above is what the Dash network offers on layer 1, but Dash Core Group is working really hard to make layer 2 (data) and 3 (dapps) a reality.

Back in 2015, even before DGBB was implemented, the Dash dev team announced the intent to develop 'Evolution' as a user friendly wallet which would help adoption with non-savvy users. At that time cryptocurrency was considered for nerds/techies only and hence the idea started to make improvements that would make crypto less "crypto". The idea was to make it easier to use, less cryptic and so on. The core feature that was announced was basically to replace cryptographic addresses with blockchain usernames. Although announced back in 2015, actual development only started much later. Around that time (2016), Evan also moved to the background and Ryan Taylor took over the project as CEO of what would later be called Dash Core Group (DCG).

Evolution was originally intended to be released much sooner, but a lot of research was done to implement it correctly. As is often the case with software projects, the idea to implement blockchain usernames provided challenges, which needed to be worked out. Don't forget also that Dash was trading at an extremely low price back then, which means there was also limited funding available.

DCG did drop the ball in terms of communicating where we were with Evolution around 2017 and should have kept everyone much better informed. Only in 2018 an updated roadmap was provided making it clear that the design was there, but that development still had to start.

In 2018/2019 additional features were also developed such as; LLMQ's allowing ChainLocks, instantly respendable InstantSend and deterministic masternode lists. So one needs to take this into account as well. DCG had to implement base architecture improvements to develop Dash Platform, while maintaining scalability.

Meanwhile we are two years further (since updated roadmap) and DCG has moved forward nicely in terms of development. DCG has also improved their communication towards the community, including quarterly calls (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNkRtaAyjYQ) providing insight into strategy, market performance, financials, tech, growth and outlook. DCG is now also using a Dash Improvement Proposal (DIP) standard providing a technical design document of the to be implemented feature (https://github.com/dashpay/dips).

Dash Platform is actually already running on its own testnet (dubbed evonet) and we have already seen live demos of Dash's improved mobile wallets with blockchain usernames. Dash's wallet allows you to maintain a list of contacts facilitating easy 'pay contact' transactions. When it was initially announced, it was just about usernames, but today it's evolved in a Dash Decentralized Identity. DDI is actually an identity profile with several elements, including a profile picture. All of this, on the blockchain, not through some gimmickry in the local wallet. So you will see a list of your contacts with a picture making it very easy to make a payment to someone you know. No more copy pasting cryptographic addresses. Check the following videos to get sneak preview of how the upcoming DashPay wallet works using 'contacts' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtTaezpxQOs & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ3_Q45HdOA & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddq7BnO_OXc).

Dash Platform however is not at all anymore just "an easy to use wallet" (Evolution). Dash Platform introduces a second layer in our network (data) which allows data contracts. Dash Platform provides a way to store data and messages on the Dash Platform blockchain, effectively rendering Dash into a Decentralized Cloud (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WqUMrIN58Q). Dash also introduces a third layer, which is the applications layer allowing the creation of many applications expanding the Dash ecosystem. Some demo applications have already been developed to demonstrate the potential of this layer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy8gO1C8fTs). Your DDI will be usable throughout the entire network allowing access to dapps with your decentralized identity.

Check Dash's roadmap to see where we are in terms of development and what's next (DashPay Alpha Program):
https://www.dash.org/roadmap/

Dash Price Prediction:
Dash is simply an amazing project with huge upside potential in terms of adoption and price appreciation, due to technological innovations which highly benefit the end user. Provided DCG releases Dash Platform V1 on mainnet in 2021 in combination with strong promotional communication and so on, Dash/USD is likely to be much higher than it is now. Dash might be the project that surprises everyone with a spectacular come back. It might not happen next year, but in my opinion, it's plausible that Dash hits +1000$ again in the coming years.
birdonthewire

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 05:28:51 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2020, 06:50:33 PM by birdonthewire

The 'digital gold' narrative is simply marketing and the SoV narrative is in my opinion not that solid. It may seem like a store of value now, but there's no guarantee. It will be a store of value as long as everyone keeps investing money in it. In my opinion there is no 'intrinsic value' in Bitcoin. It's a hedge against the fiat world and due to massive investment it appears as a store of value.

Great post...complete, positive and quite objective. Good info  Wink

And a point to which I quote:

Exactly, very important point : BTC has no intrinsic value ... it is a container of wealth, but it is not wealth, just the expression of a solid trend (actually several, each more tricky than the last).

On the other hand, it is also fallacious - I am not saying that you expose it as such, but that your statement is not correct - that it is a fiat hedge ( or a libertarian project ... this is also simply marketing, imo)  : It is a tremendously powerful  CATALYST of fiat and any other "monetary" garbage that is delivered to its system. That capital delivered to BTC is ammunition for the creation of bubbles that feed its economic model, parasitic until destruction of its environment . The fiat delivered to BTC (also the dirty Tether and another especulative crypto capitals) is amplified in it and is constantly withdrawn after the invasive "excursions" of BTC draining manipulated economic structures. And what must be recognized is that it is a virus splendidly designed for that job.

In any case, DASH has no intrinsic value either, and furthermore, it under-uses its own potential, thereby constantly being drained. The pity is that, unlike the rest of the project victims of the same parasitic process of BTC, the Duffield design makes it easy to face it (and, imo, with a couple of adjustments, cancel it and even defeat it) ... but it is simply not used .

Unfortunately, the governance system of DASH, which you discreetly qualify as imperfect - and imo is deeply corrupted by the Mnodes Network - limit enormously the project , and that subordinate the talent , meritocracy or optimization in its ecosystem to particular conveniences of the rusty , mediocre , censor and greedy current hierarchy , unworthy of the potential of the technology they handle. ( for me, the best in the sector to cancel the scam that BTC exerts on it, preventing the financial freedom of almost all projects )

Thanks for the post and greetings.

jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 11:19:27 PM

BTC's halvening in 2016 was in July and for this year it was in May, 2 months earlier.

So far BTC/alts are tracking almost perfectly with BTC's 4-year cycles from the previous 2 anyway.

If things continue to play out and BTC doesn't get a massive rejection at $20K then alts are just getting started. There will likely be alts with 7-10x gains in a matter of days come January if not a bit earlier.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 11:51:42 PM

BTC's halvening in 2016 was in July and for this year it was in May, 2 months earlier.

Ah, so October 2020 is the new December 2017 ? That's when we dump everything to Kingdom Come and run for the hills ? (Only for the $USD to then crash & burn as that's also when hyper-inflation might be getting started). Things might get complicated.

There will likely be alts with 7-10x gains in a matter of days come January if not a bit earlier.

As I remember, most of the alts reached their peaks inside the BTC/USD bubble. OMG, PPT, BAY, even NxT. But they were spiking through out the year also - BTS went berserk around October I think. Dash was months before.
Pages: « 1 ... 6871 6872 6873 6874 6875 6876 6877 6878 6879 6880 6881 6882 6883 6884 6885 6886 6887 6888 6889 6890 6891 6892 6893 6894 6895 6896 6897 6898 6899 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 [6921] 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: