Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:14:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 [6035] 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
Icebucket

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:16:12 AM

dont understand why the monero trolls did not cash out and go sunbathing in the Bahamas already, still hanging around shitposting.. dont get it  Tongue

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 02:04:37 AM

[cult enforcement]

Please state for the record your opinion about Dash's recent(?) embrace of AML/KYC via Coinfirm.

Thanks in advance.

i couldn't care less. actually it will be great for mainstream adoption by corporate and institutional level investors ($$$) like bitcoin has. AML/KYC compliance and mainstream adoption is not a problem monero xmr is going to have to worry about, stick to the darkmarkets boys and let the men take crypto to the next level...

How Are Cryptocurrencies Solving Bitcoin’s Adoption Issue?
By Joël Valenzuela - October 3, 2016

“Obviously Bitcoin is stagnating, 70% is distributed to the lucky few who seem to have no interest in getting it in the hands of the general public. Or they don’t know how. It’s difficult to fix something like that and in my opinion a waste of time. It’s just waiting for a better alternative that learned from Bitcoin’s mistakes and understands how to reach the general public.”

Eric Sammons, a member of the Dash development team, does not hold the view that Bitcoin is stagnating, but rather that it is simply shifting away from its original goal of being an effective payments system:

“I wouldn’t say Bitcoin is stagnating as much as it is going in a direction different from Satoshi’s original vision of a peer-to-peer electronic cash system. Bitcoin is becoming more of a store of value than a payment system. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, and it can be something of great use for society.”

“It seems to me that no crypto has yet been able to become a replacement payment system that is superior to our current one. But Dash is being the most aggressive at trying to achieve that, especially with upcoming release of Evolution.”
http://thedashtimes.com/2016/10/03/cryptocurrencies-solving-bitcoins-adoption-issue/

Eric Sammons must not be aware of how payment channels like Lightning and the additional transactional capacity of sidechains will allow Bitcoin to fulfill the payment system component of Satoshi's vision.

The talk about Bitcoin suffering from "70% distributed to the lucky few" is ironic to hear from a support of Dash, which is infamous for its massive "accidental" Instamine.

Luck had more to do with Dash's supposedly serendipitous Instamine than the early Bitcoiners' coins, who earned them either through keeping up with crypto and mining early or risking their money to buy them later.

I asked about "Dash's recent(?) embrace of AML/KYC via Coinfirm" but you answer by talking a different coin.  That's called avoiding the question.  Perhaps Dash's mainstream adoption is a sensitive issue, given its market penetration stagnation.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 05:35:27 AM

Can't read what "Icetroll"  is spewing about,  as he has been blocked for awhile.... But hey let me guess...He's talking about Instamine.... Right... Did I guess right? Can I please get some browny points for that?  And also Let me guess...no body cares about it or who holds the must coins still... Thought so.

Good grief!  Roll Eyes

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:51:49 AM

i couldn't care less. actually it will be great for mainstream adoption by corporate and institutional level investors ($$$) like bitcoin has. AML/KYC compliance and mainstream adoption is not a problem monero xmr is going to have to worry about, stick to the darkmarkets boys and let the men take crypto to the next level...

How Are Cryptocurrencies Solving Bitcoin’s Adoption Issue?
By Joël Valenzuela - October 3, 2016

“Obviously Bitcoin is stagnating, 70% is distributed to the lucky few who seem to have no interest in getting it in the hands of the general public. Or they don’t know how. It’s difficult to fix something like that and in my opinion a waste of time. It’s just waiting for a better alternative that learned from Bitcoin’s mistakes and understands how to reach the general public.”

Eric Sammons, a member of the Dash development team, does not hold the view that Bitcoin is stagnating, but rather that it is simply shifting away from its original goal of being an effective payments system:

“I wouldn’t say Bitcoin is stagnating as much as it is going in a direction different from Satoshi’s original vision of a peer-to-peer electronic cash system. Bitcoin is becoming more of a store of value than a payment system. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, and it can be something of great use for society.”

“It seems to me that no crypto has yet been able to become a replacement payment system that is superior to our current one. But Dash is being the most aggressive at trying to achieve that, especially with upcoming release of Evolution.”
http://thedashtimes.com/2016/10/03/cryptocurrencies-solving-bitcoins-adoption-issue/
snipped

I asked about "Dash's recent(?) embrace of AML/KYC via Coinfirm" but you answer by talking a different coin.  That's called avoiding the question.

read it again, here i'll help fill in the blanks...
i couldn't care less (about what trolls say about AML/KYC via Coinfirm). actually it will be great for mainstream (DASH) adoption by corporate and institutional level investors ($$$) like bitcoin has.

is that better? i answered your question the first time.  Cool

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 12:08:29 PM

Introducing Dash Nation Team Slack Channel

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/introducing-dash-nation-team-slack-channel.10954/

#DASH #DashNation

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:02:06 PM

I think we're doing really well when the Coinfirm thing is the only thing that trolls have to complain about. Consider:

1) Any company is free to conduct blockchain analytics on any blockchain, including Moneros;

2) There are many companies besides Coinfirm that are conducting blockchain analytics. My guess is that somebody somewhere was already doing blockchain analysis on our blockchain and probably everybody else's too;

3) Neither Coinfirm nor any other company needs our "permission" to do blockchain analysis on Dash;

4) Most important, those who use PrivateSend have nothing to worry about, because the financial privacy it offers is pretty much ironclad. ICEBREAKER has been trying to crack a 4-round PrivateSend transaction that I posted nearly a year ago and still can't do it.

tl;dr Use PrivateSend, and we can't control what private companies do in any event.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:11:21 PM

4) Most important, those who use PrivateSend have nothing to worry about, because the financial privacy it offers is pretty much ironclad. ICEBREAKER has been trying to crack a 4-round PrivateSend transaction that I posted nearly a year ago and still can't do it.

tl;dr Use PrivateSend, and we can't control what private companies do in any event.

- they will know you are mixing because prior to mixing they can watch your coins, and say "oh it became obfuscated therefore it was mixed"..

- and they also know that your coins came from wallet mixing because it wasn't generated by mining pools and POS masternodes...

that's a huge security hole for your privacy  Tongue

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:22:07 PM

What? Where those people come from?
My gawd. What an idiots. They can't understand PrivateSend after freaking two looong years. Funny idiots.
Please, come again.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:46:42 PM

My gawd. What an idiots. They can't understand PrivateSend after freaking two looong years. Funny idiots.
Please, come again.

“He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.”

Groucho Marx
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:08:36 PM

- they will know you are mixing because prior to mixing they can watch your coins, and say "oh it became obfuscated therefore it was mixed"..

- and they also know that your coins came from wallet mixing because it wasn't generated by mining pools and POS masternodes...

that's a huge security hole for your privacy  Tongue

So I know that normally we aren't supposed to quote trolls, but I think these are two relatively valid points that can be easily addressed for any non-trolls that might be interested.

1) Yes, anybody who watches the blockchain will know that coins have been mixed. That's one of the core design elements of Dash--the ability to mix coins. That's like saying "They will know that a Monero user is trying to obfuscate their spending because they're using Monero." That's not really a secret. PrivateSend makes it so that they can't trace a transaction back to its source address. Nobody cares if you've mixed your coins. We all mix our coins. So what?

2) Yes, that one is also self-evident. It's right there in the blockchain. So what that those funds came from mixing? You can't trace a tx back to its source wallet, and there's your financial privacy.

It's sort of like saying "Ohhhhh...his phone is locked! He is trying to protect his privacy!"...granted...but everybody locks their phones. Unless you can bypass the lock, you don't know what's on the phone.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Melnik
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1029

MN HOSTING

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 06:08:17 PM

New Dash slack chat. Here you can meet developers and ask any kind of questions. Also deep technical support is possible in separate chat.

https://digitalcash24.herokuapp.com/

Welcome!
P.S.: this slack chat is open parallel to "Dash Nation" chat and we are not fighting - collaborating.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 07:11:23 PM

New Dash slack chat. Here you can meet developers and ask any kind of questions. Also deep technical support is possible in separate chat.

Welcome!
P.S.: this slack chat is open parallel to "Dash Nation" chat and we are not fighting - collaborating.

True. Dash Nation Slack is getting off to a great start with good conversation and a great mod team. Dashbot integration will be coming soon. Make your way there when you have a minute:

http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

Good luck with yours as well, Melnik.

Cheers,

Tao.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 07:36:52 PM

Please, come again.

“He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.”

Groucho Marx

that made me laugh ... outloud.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:35:07 AM

Welcome!

True. Dash Nation Slack is getting off to a great start with good conversation and a great mod team. Dashbot integration will be coming soon. Make your way there when you have a minute:

Cheers,

Tao.

Thanks guys! DASH slack is so addictive. It only took me like 3 days to get fully hooked. Tongue

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 01:54:50 AM

Welcome!

Cheers,

Tao.

Thanks guys! DASH slack is so addictive. It only took me like 3 days to get fully hooked. Tongue
It IS great isn't it? Thanks for joining.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 02:14:15 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 09:05:18 AM by tungfa

Due to recent incidents on the public slack channel and a migration from there,
the community started 2 new Slack Channel - open to all !

See you there ; )
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 03:58:36 AM

I think we're doing really well when the Coinfirm thing is the only thing that trolls have to complain about. Consider:

1) Any company is free to conduct blockchain analytics on any blockchain, including Moneros;

2) There are many companies besides Coinfirm that are conducting blockchain analytics. My guess is that somebody somewhere was already doing blockchain analysis on our blockchain and probably everybody else's too;

3) Neither Coinfirm nor any other company needs our "permission" to do blockchain analysis on Dash;

"Can't control" is a cop out.

Blockstream can't control what Chainalysis does, but they don't partner with them either.  Instead, they work against them by increasing Bitcoin's fungibility.

If you want people to find bugs in PrivateSend, you'll need to offer a bug bounty.

That's how it works.

Expecting talented hax0rz to work for free is ridiculous, so I must conclude you actually don't want anyone breaking Dash's cheap cargo cult knockoff version of Coinjoin.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 08:15:17 AM

Exploring Compliance On The Dash Blockchain

http://thedashtimes.com/2016/10/04/exploring-compliance-dash-blockchain/
 Wink
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 10:00:35 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 12:35:10 PM by toknormal

Instead, (bitcoin) work against them by increasing Bitcoin's fungibility

Thats because bitcoin has no choice. It is a non-articulated, mono-layer protocol, so, as you correctly point out, cherry picking which market services to support has become part of their "fungibility" solution.

Pretty disappointing for something which is parading itself as a "cash" medium who's whole basis of existence is to be user-agnostic isn't it.

People who say that Dash should be appealing to one market to the exclusion of another are confusing markets for "Money " with markets for "Products". The two are distinct and the fact is that Dark markets do not want their own money because it would be next to worthless if it didn't have counterparty acceptance in the mainstream to give it value through spendability.

Why do you think the $USD is the currency of choice for dark markets universally ?

For a product vendor, appealing exclusively to a given market is a choice. For a monetary medium it isn't because it won't have value in one market without seeing adoption in another.

Thats why full-fungibility, Bitcoin compatible, transparent blockchains will always reach far higher monetary premiums than their obscured counterparts - because they are far more adoptable and create a complimentary relationship between "light" and dark markets instead of an exclusive one.

At the same time, Dash supports the privacy priorities of both through an articulated protocol which means it can afford to be "market agnostic" where bitcoin and obscurity-based coins cannot.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 03:36:28 PM

the claims of fungibility are just BS:
DASH uses an active form of mixing, so there will always be a difference between unmixed and mixed coins
Even if the DASH privacy is rock solid (which is not the case) then DASH is still not fungible.

For your privacy claims, I will link you my article: https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@dnaleor/warning-dash-privacy-is-worse-than-bitcoin
Summary: DASH has a lot of privacy theater: it tells everybody it's private, but there are a lot of attack vectors. This can be a dangerous situation if people rely on DASH being private. Maybe in some cases it's possible to slip through the cracks, but certainly not all DASH transactions have a good privacy protection.
Pages: « 1 ... 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 [6035] 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: