Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:02:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 [6959] 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722672 times)
GrandMasterDash

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 11:38:57 AM

Because it's the only mined coin that has to fund its nodes (which cost nothing) from the blockchain. Every other mined coin gets its node network for free. So why is it so perplexing to Dash people that investors don't want to invest in Dash ?

Why does Dash not deploy its (extremely potent) firepower where it matters ?

• put maximum blockchain budget towards attracting competition for our primary supply (mining)
 • allow that to grow capital gain which funds the Dash TREASURY
 • make Dash nodes competitive against Bitcoin nodes by allowing them to be PROFITABLE (rather than a leech to the entire Dash ecosystem)

Bitcoin does not have profitable nodes. 10% profitability on running a node would give us all the competititivity we need against bitcoin. We don't need all this mad consumption of the blockchain supply by masternodes.

Why do we have to live with the demented Spork 21 protocol when the Dash supply could be deployed much more aggressively against other mined coins ?

https://i.imgur.com/vFBsxJH.png

Who is actually defending Spork 21 ? That is the question.

The answer is nobody because it's Spork 21 that is destroying Dash. It has to be reversed.

Bitcoin has 8629 nodes https://bitnodes.io/

That "free" network you compare to also exists on dash. Anyone is free to run a full dash node. The bitcoin nodes, however, do not protect from Sybil attack because it does not need or want such protection. Instead, bitcoin's second layer solution - Lightening Network - is redirecting transaction revenue away from miners to multiple third parties. Those middlemen are also extracting profits based on percentages of the money being transferred. The Lightening Network transforms the user experience from a permissionless network to a routing protocol. This is more akin to traditional banking than the near flat fees offered by dash.

The dash masternodes are regular nodes with collateral attached plus Proof of Service. This creates something called a "reputation network" that is resistant to attack by state level actors. The masternodes use quorum technology to provide user enhanced services such as instant transactions with double-spend protection. Dash users enjoy cheap near flat fee transactions that are consistently fast, secure and reliable. They don't have to pay for additional services or worry about one side closing a channel early.

Maybe you should consider that before banging on about, "Every other mined coin gets its node network for free."

Perhaps you'd like to explain to us the front running on the bitcoin network because all the coins are emitted from miners only. As previously explained, masternodes DO NOT mint coins. that "free" money you talk about is a more diversified distribution channel than mining alone. I can tell you now, Nakamoto consensus is in full effect and is the default path if the masternodes network was to ever fail.

I'm not saying dash is perfect, far from it. There's a LOT of room for improvement.

As for sporks, they are signals sent from DCG to switch protocols on the masternode network. MNOs can refuse to upgrade, or they can compile the code to ignore them. Dash Platform opens up the possibility to completely decentralize their function. Again, room for improvement but is a more coherent approach than bitcoin.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 12:10:58 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2021, 12:32:29 PM by toknormal

As previously explained, masternodes DO NOT mint coins. that "free" money you talk about is a more diversified distribution channel than mining alone

That's a philosophical point at best and irrelevant to markets because the masternode revenue is almost all profit. It's that "unearned profit" (from the market's perspective) that's being priced in rather than the value of the coin itself. The primary market can get a far higher mining quotient from the 9 mined coins above us in marketcap ranking because almost all of its investment goes towards upwards difficulty adjustments rather than straight into the pockets of existing holders as with Dash. (It does not get spent on mitigating Sybil attacks or delivering services).

If there are 1000 coins circulating as total supply, 999 "hodled" in wallets and only 1 sold, then that 1 coin sale establishes the marketcap for the entire supply. It follows therefore that if the coin supply cost base is heterogeneous (as it is with Dash) then the lowest value segment will drag the rest down.
GrandMasterDash

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 01:19:28 PM

As previously explained, masternodes DO NOT mint coins. that "free" money you talk about is a more diversified distribution channel than mining alone

That's a philosophical point at best and irrelevant to markets because the masternode revenue is almost all profit. It's that "unearned profit" (from the market's perspective) that's being priced in rather than the value of the coin itself. The primary market can get a far higher mining quotient from the 9 mined coins above us in marketcap ranking because almost all of its investment goes towards upwards difficulty adjustments rather than straight into the pockets of existing holders as with Dash. (It does not get spent on mitigating Sybil attacks or delivering services).

If there are 1000 coins circulating as total supply, 999 "hodled" in wallets and only 1 sold, then that 1 coin sale establishes the marketcap for the entire supply. It follows therefore that if the coin supply cost base is heterogeneous (as it is with Dash) then the lowest value segment will drag the rest down.

So then why do you bother with dash at all? I don't get it, why would you expend so much energy into something you believe is so broken?

The blockchain space is being filled with many working models for many purposes. You put so much emphasis on "investment", you fail to see any other perspective. Not everyone wants to drive a Cadillac, the roads carry many vehicles of many shapes and sizes. Dash is a fully working product and it isn't going away. It may not be the luxury you so clearly want but wtf, if it weren't dash filling the space then it would be someone else. That's the nature of free markets, a size, shape and color for everyone.

"straight into the pockets of existing holders as with Dash" sounds like you're sore, how unjust it is. It's not. You don't like it, don't use it. Talk with your wallet is the ultimate messenger. I'm tired of people on the one hand talking trash, how worthless dash is (or becoming) and then in the same breath spouting on how MNOs are raking it in and how unfair they be so rich with "unearned profit". How does that work? - a worthless shitcoin yet filthy rich MNOs with "free money". A $100K shitcoin masternode. You can't have it both ways.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 01:47:39 PM

So then why do you bother with dash at all? I don't get it, why would you expend so much energy into something you believe is so broken?

The blockchain space is being filled with many working models for many purposes. You put so much emphasis on "investment", you fail to see any other perspective. Not everyone wants to drive a Cadillac, the roads carry many vehicles of many shapes and sizes. Dash is a fully working product and it isn't going away. It may not be the luxury you so clearly want but wtf, if it weren't dash filling the space then it would be someone else. That's the nature of free markets, a size, shape and color for everyone.

"straight into the pockets of existing holders as with Dash" sounds like you're sore, how unjust it is. It's not. You don't like it, don't use it. Talk with your wallet is the ultimate messenger. I'm tired of people on the one hand talking trash, how worthless dash is (or becoming) and then in the same breath spouting on how MNOs are raking it in and how unfair they be so rich with "unearned profit". How does that work? - a worthless shitcoin yet filthy rich MNOs with "free money". A $100K shitcoin masternode. You can't have it both ways.

Funny part is that toknormal is a masternode operator.
Even more funny is that toknormal did not even vote with his masternode on the blockreward reallocation change decision proposal.

All talks but no action.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 01:48:46 PM

The blockchain space is being filled with many working models for many purposes. You put so much emphasis on "investment", you fail to see any other perspective

That's a new one. Please expand on this "other perspective". Are you talking about "users" ? People who don't buy Dash to hold but rather just buy it to immediately spend at Church's Chicken ?

Nobody's trying to have it "both ways". The whole point of my argument as that masternodes are NOT filfthy rich. They are NOT benefiting from the reward because the more the reward ratio slider moves away from miners and towards masternodes, these things happen:

• value drains from our marketcap compared with our 100% mined competitors
 • that therefore depletes its attractiveness as a monetary medium
 • which impacts on USE (see our blockchain traffic compared with competitors who have none of our technical "features")
 • and adversely impacts masternode incentives by wiping out their reward via capital loss and huge opportunity costs when measured against our 100% mined peers

So nobody wins. You seem to be arguing that sustaining the marketcap isn't important.

What exactly IS important then in your opinion ?
Pang.

Activity: 258
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 01:49:37 PM

Dash has been on the scene for 6 years and has gone from less to more in its growth and use.

Along the way, many projects have been dedicated to teasing investors without delivering any development.

Dash and DCG have delivered quite a bit, and with other things, they may not have been as effective as expected. Nobody is perfect.

With Dash, things do not depend solely on handing over the investment to a team, here we have to ratify the decisions that are made, and the proposals that are on the table, every month. The failures are not only DCG but also each holder of a master node.

I would only ask one thing, if in the future, we are fortunate that the price of dash recovers and flies, I would please all the master nodes not to think that the budget money is free money, and do not dedicate themselves to financing Stunt planes, marijuana companies, or celebrities traveling through the USA by bus ...

It is much better to spend that budget to burn the coins than to deliver them in a bad investment.

And if you have doubts, even better dedicate them to the DIF and buy gold, or a basketball team ... but please, do not throw the money to the wind hoping that when it falls it will multiply by 10.

It is even better to burn it in advertising, famous youtubers, make Dash t-shirts and throw them from a plane over Havana or Caracas ... but no more antics.

The mistakes are to be learned, I wish there was a team supervising expenses if there are projects that absorb more than 5 figures in dollars a month, and they would give their opinion despite the master nodes deciding.

A kind of group of economic advisers who raised a percentage of feasibility of each project presented and its real cost.

I know that each proposal is detailed, but it is clear that I myself can invent a proposal and value it subjectively, while this group of experts would say if those costs are acceptable or in line with reality.

I don't know if I have explained myself?

Dash could fly again, let's not be the ones who cut off his wings with stupid decisions.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 01:58:28 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2021, 02:15:20 PM by qwizzie

And we are back at $102, Dash price is stable as f.
But i do think something is brewing for Altcoins (including Dash) :

Source : messari.io

Slowly but surely the Altcoins are getting pumped again, one after another. Only a matter of time, before Dash gets pumped again (personal opinion)

Bitcoin RSI on the monthly chart : 87.56%
Bitcoin marketcap dominance : 70.1%

Interesting days.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
GrandMasterDash

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 03:04:08 PM

The blockchain space is being filled with many working models for many purposes. You put so much emphasis on "investment", you fail to see any other perspective

That's a new one. Please expand on this "other perspective". Are you talking about "users" ? People who don't buy Dash to hold but rather just buy it to immediately spend at Church's Chicken ?

You seem to be arguing that sustaining the marketcap isn't important.

What exactly IS important then in your opinion ?

Well yes, that could be one of several use cases. How about decred and it's ticketing system. Or monero putting privacy before supply guarantees. With bitcoin it seems people buy to make more dollars. If investment and market cap was the only outcome we wouldn't have all these other projects.

Back in the real world we earn some, save some, spend some... isn't that the essence of money? With that in mind, I would most definitely like to see more people earning dash through real work, not just moving numbers around on a spreadsheet. I would like to see alternative funding methods added to dash e.g. crowdfunding.

I don't entirely discount market cap and I agree with you that MNOs should be paid less, not more, I just don't agree with your assessment.

A dash masternode is worth $100K, that's the real value, the real coin. It's service is constantly measured and verified, providing speed, security and reliability. A dash masternode is worth more than the sum of parts.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 03:15:40 PM

A dash masternode is worth $100K, that's the real value, the real coin. It's service is constantly measured and verified, providing speed, security and reliability. A dash masternode is worth more than the sum of parts.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that.

I'm just pointing out that Dash has an unbalanced capital flow equation which results in an unsustainable level of operating profit on its network. Because of that we end up unable to compete for marketcap with our peers which don't have this handicap.
Pang.

Activity: 258
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 08:21:11 PM

4768 to 4809, that's what we have from the absurd fear of leaving the bittrex exchange.

Some holders who panicked sold their nodes, and now, I don't know if they have bought them back, or it has been others who have taken over.

41 nodes seems little if we measure them within the more than 4800 available, but if we translate it into coins they are 41000 Dash, which with the low float that there is in the exchanges, is not easy to achieve.

In other words, more than $ 4,100,000

Dash is nothing, it is a currency sunk in the 39 of the market cap. But even so, it seems that there are still jerky movements to shake the tree and get a reward.

Let's imagine for a moment that a node ends up being worth $ 1,000,000 in a few months, something that was seen in the past. What would those who had the opportunity to have it for $ 100,000 or even $ 85,000 think while an unfounded panic lasted created precisely by an entity that we intend to overcome and leave behind like the SEC.

BTC itself is above it, maybe not today, not tomorrow, but one day people will wake up, and they will understand that real money cannot be controlled by a few, if not by all. That day will come, I don't know if it will be BTC, Dash or a currency that has not been born yet. But I hope I'm alive to see it, and enjoy it, understanding that all this corrupted power that makes us slaves using an infinite printer ends up eating its own shit and disappearing like a clumsy, dying dinosaur.

kriptokyng

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 10:38:50 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2021, 03:52:18 AM by kriptokyng

Dash Mining Pool

Stratum Settings:
https://kriptokyng.com/#dash/connect

https://kriptokyng.com/#dash/stats

No registration is required, your payouts are in the currency that you mine.

jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 01:53:51 AM

You misunderstood me. Using coinjoin for BTC, LTC BCH, etc requires trust as you need to send your coins to a 3rd party mixer and hope they send them back. Dash's coinjoin is decentralized and trustless.

That's a service feature, not a store of value.

Thanks for the obvious I guess... And?

Why is dash Nº 38 in ranking now ?

I don't know... maybe it's the powerful effect of your constant pushing of your half-baked theories and FUDing. Maybe you hypnotized/brainwashed the silent masses to dump their DASH as quickly as possible and others not to buy because you said it's not a good store of value.

I say silent masses because to date I've only noted one, perhaps 2 who seem to parrot your spiel (not counting the band of trolls). However, the evidence is that one of these actually sold his masternodes before your rants and the other was never really invested in the first place so perhaps they just seek comfort that their investment decisions were sound.

It's such a terrible thing that DOGE is higher in marketcap? Perhaps you should seek to understand the niche DOGE seems to occupy and why it's been relatively successful thus far.

And here's a curious thing... DOGE is merge mined with LTC, isn't it? That means all those miners mining for LTC get DOGE for free doesn't it? Does this mean based on your theories that DOGE should be worth nothing? It's mined at 0% difficulty, no?

Why do we have to live with the demented Spork 21 protocol when the Dash supply could be deployed much more aggressively against other mined coins ?

I assume you are referring to the gradual shift in reward distribution from 50/50 between miners/masternodes to 40/60 over the next 5 years. I believe, but may be mistaken, that spork21 was more to do with enforcing masternodes run a minimum version of 0.16 and would get banned otherwise.

The real issue with the reward change is the perception that masternodes were able to vote themselves better rewards. And for what? The reward increase after 5 years from now will amount to a masternode getting roughly 0.1 DASH extra and the miner getting roughly 0.1 DASH less per block. For the individual masternode owner this is about 0.3 extra DASH per month, about 3.5 extra DASH per year 5 years from now. Right now the difference is much much less. The actual change is currently negligible, but the problem of conflict of interest and bad perception is real. The only thing that somewhat alleviates this perception is the quickness in which the miners upgraded to seemingly indicate their acceptance of it. After all, not sure an individual miner in a pool would notice much of a difference either.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1039

Not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 03:49:32 AM

Let's me go straight to my point.

I am waiting for a rise from 30% to 35% of DASH from today price. Mark my words and check it in one or two weeks. I don't think the waiting time will last to 2 weeks. I don't see any points to bring any TA here. Be simple!
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 04:52:22 AM

What friends of ours such as Tokenormal  Kiss don't understand is that the price of an asset is determined by a market.  A market is place where buyers and sellers are brought together to bid on the price of an asset.  When one side overwhelms the other side, the price moves in order to find a new equilibrium - price discovery.  The fundamental forces at play in a market are those of supply versus demand.  DASH has now recovered to $110+ following the news that Bittrex intends to delist dash next week.  The decision has not yet been reversed, clearly we are in a bullish market.  In 125 short days, the supply (issuance of new coins) in DASH will be reduced by 7% (similar to bitcoin’s halving, expect happens yearly and not 50%, but 7%). Source: https://stats.masternode.me this is extremely bullish for DASH (think of lighting the afterburners) Wink

It is folly and stubbornness to maintain a bearish outlook on DASH at this point in time, to do so would put you on the wrong side of history and if you invest accordingly at a financial loss too (not financial advice).

Tok would have you believe that because a stock is not mined, but rather issued by fiat, that the stock would then be worthless (no work required to issued new stock) but the world's stock market show that argument is nonsense, Tok would have you believe that the secondary market, the miners set the price of the coin through their hashrate rather than someone in the primary market.  The analogy of this would be if we observe Tok leaving his house with an umbrella we assume it is going to rain today, otherwise not.  Tok would have us draw the conclusion then that because he leaves his house with an umbrella it will rain.  This is false.  Rather Tok takes his umbrella because the forecasts indicate rain.  Umbrellas do not cause rain.  This is the same situation with the mining hashrate.  hashrate chases price, not vice versa!
jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 05:36:09 AM

Wow, and just like that DASH is back into the descending wedge it broke down out of when the news first broke of the Bittrex delisting...

There is almost no room left in this descending wedge... if DASH breaks up it likely goes to at least 0.0042 BTC and possibly only meets resistance at 0.0045 BTC, the 50 day SMA... or not  Wink

Alts seem ready to explode... being that 2020's BTC halvening was 2 months earlier than 2016's, and end of March 2017 was when alts really exploded, end of this month would be perfect timing.

Still waiting for some kind of BTC pullback... last time BTC pulled back after only going 15% above its previous ATH... this time BTC is over 100% its previous ATH. Not sure what that means... maybe this will be a major bubble pop or maybe a mega bull run.

Should be interesting.
xkcdd

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 06:17:54 AM

Still waiting for some kind of BTC pullback... last time BTC pulled back after only going 15% above its previous ATH... this time BTC is over 100% its previous ATH. Not sure what that means... maybe this will be a major bubble pop or maybe a mega bull run.

Should be interesting.

https://twitter.com/PeterLBrandt/status/1346986785713385472

There is a chance this mania is only just getting started and with DASH being one of the few coins that allows people with money to share in the coinbase reward it will intensify this mania.
hd49728
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 07:12:40 AM

Let's me go straight to my point.

I am waiting for a rise from 30% to 35% of DASH from today price. Mark my words and check it in one or two weeks. I don't think the waiting time will last to 2 weeks. I don't see any points to bring any TA here. Be simple!
It happened faster than what I expect for. DASH already rocks and rallies to where it should be. The latest weak down can be the last confirmation of DASH for its parabolic growth.

https://twitter.com/PeterLBrandt/status/1346986785713385472

There is a chance this mania is only just getting started and with DASH being one of the few coins that allows people with money to share in the coinbase reward it will intensify this mania.
I don't know what you implied on as that tweet is regarding to the parabolic bull run of bitcoin. Mr. Peter Brandt pointed out that bitcoin is in the mid of the parabolic arc and probably we are staying at the point of pull back or side way of bitcoin. Pull back or stable price of bitcoin is enough to create a hype on altcoins.

From historic parabolic arcs, not all times there are significant pull backs. Sometimes have pull backs and sometimes have side ways.
xkcdd

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 10:39:30 AM

Earlier today DASH made a new All Time High on GDAX, briefly posting an eye watering $194 print before falling and consolidating at suport of $135.  Source: https://www.tradingview.com/x/UBL41gOW/

There is still time to BUY.  A major announcement for DASH is coming at the end of the month rumoured to be inclusion into the Grayscale Trust as a new insitutional investment vehicle to allow the Wall St. fat cats easy access to accumulate DASH.  Are you all in yet?

Quick. Hurry! Get in now so you can flip for a profit to those fatties.  Wink
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 11:17:21 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2021, 11:37:20 AM by qwizzie
Merited by hd49728 (1)

Dash price trend movement long term (monthly) :

Source : https://www.tradingview.com/chart/z3IO0qvH/

Target to confirm long term bullish trend for me personally : $211,71
Above chart does look very promising.

Top performing Altcoins today :

Like i mentioned before, attention from whales are shifting from Bitcoin to Altcoins. Altcoins getting pumped one after another. This started with Dogecoin, followed by Bitcoin SV and IOTA
and is now impacting Dash, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum Classic.
Diversification from Bitcoin to Altcoins has begun in earnest.

A major announcement for DASH is coming at the end of the month rumoured to be inclusion into the Grayscale Trust as a new insitutional investment vehicle to allow the Wall St. fat cats easy access to accumulate DASH.

If true that would be amazing news and just what Dash needs.

hd49728
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 01:06:40 PM

Like i mentioned before, attention from whales are shifting from Bitcoin to Altcoins. Altcoins getting pumped one after another. This started with Dogecoin, followed by Bitcoin SV and IOTA
and is now impacting Dash, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum Classic.
Diversification from Bitcoin to Altcoins has begun in earnest.
With my respect to your evidence-based statement, I can not mention the Altcoin season index. It is coming. Bitcoin is over heated many weeks and altcoins slowly to be warmed up. It is not too far from the point to catch attention of people. I know now people are fearing of altcoins. Some think as altcoins will be killed and dead as bitcoin is the only target on the market. They are wrong, Bitcoin, altcoin, stablecoin or fiat are 3 elements in the market and support each other as well as attract capital flow one after another.

https://www.blockchaincenter.net/altcoin-season-index/
Pages: « 1 ... 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 [6959] 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: