Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:07:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:44:42 AM

"Utopian"Future the community has voted that I should have my stake.  Justice has prevailed!  GIVE ME MY STAKE BACK!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=480290.msg5352912#msg5352912

You've had your stake back since the list was released. You're so busy trolling that you didn't even notice.
Maybe now that your but doesn't hurt so much anymore you can start being a productive member of NEM ?

Hopefully it was the right decision to give him back his stake. In my opinion he should get nothing at all in regard of his behavior and we would better spend his stake to a charity-organization. But i could be wrong.
It could be also a positive sign to all outside NEM. The time will show the true character of 2kool. If he remains a troll or if he get a true member of our community.

I hope you value high this huge chance 2kool!

In regards to his character, he already showed it. If he starts acting in a more reasonable, less troll of a way, it won't change his character, he would still be the same person.

Hard to believe that a senior member of this forum can show such childish behavior. But, to finished, I'm glad that he can hold his stake and have the opportunity to act more reasonably. This speak very good about this community!

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:51:07 AM

Shameless repost, we need community members to get involved for this to be great!

nemcoin.info
Current Versions are at:
http://oddape.co/AwkwardTheme/index1.9.8.html (black theme)
and
http://oddape.co/AwkwardTheme/index1.9.7.html (blue theme)

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gbp1rivOTFZvtBG0_rJabUyyKbDuZjMBx9jiifBJO0c/edit?usp=sharing   (nemcoin.info proposal)

Please give me your input, I have appreciated all the suggestions so far! Do you like the black or blue theme? I prefer the blue theme as I think it is more welcoming, but the black theme would go well with ournem.com

This site is built on the bootstrap framework, so it is super optimized for fullscreen and mobile sizes (I will optimize it for tablets later, but it still looks ok there for now)
Also.  an "updates" section will be the next thing I implement into the site.

I can use more pictures, etc for the website!!!  If I use your images/graphics/pictures whatever in the final design, You will receive some NEM from me shortly after launch.
A great part of this website will be the “case study” (read all about it in the google docs).
Any merchant or charity or fellow stakeholder  that wants to get involved please post at this thread:
http://nemcoin.userboard.net/t45-nemcoininfo
read the google docs for more info on how you can help, thanks!

A lot of good work is being done! Smiley

My opinion is that while the websites contains all the necessary info(probably a bit to much on the frontpage), the design is a bit too complex or not simple enough.

The colors should draw attention, but they should not hinder the user's reading experience. I think the colors used now are both too disturbing for the eyes. We need to set a warm and interesting background, but the focus is on the reading experience and general user experience. The background should be clear and calming, pointing to the information we provide to the user. Less is more. That's the key.

An interesting option would be to set a smaller width to the site(better readability again) use the blue and gray theme but make it warmer and add a bit of transparency.

The font used under Financial Freedom, Live Case Study and Fair Distribution(Please correct the Fair Distribution spelling on the website) seems somewhat hard to read. Maybe a more readable font would do the trick.

Another thing is that between the transition form the blue Financial Freedom div/part to the gray About Nem div/part there shouldn't be another small picture part. That applies to the entire page where Community, FAQ'S, HOW TO GUIDES and Wallet Downloads are. We should either use bigger divs with pictures between the colors or alternate colors, but the small color divs and small picture divs don't seem get along together.

Here is one example I found on my first quick search that emulates with some of my thoughts.

It is far from perfect but it's clear and simple. Unfortunately it doesn't have a good readability either but it uses the colors in an interesting way.

https://hall.com/

Just some toughts. Hope it helps.

almoche

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:58:14 AM

My plan is to use taint analysis to link closely related accounts together. And we will limit the holding of these closely related accounts to 5 stakes, anything above that would be refunded.

We can't really say for sure all these related accounts is just one person. It is possible that a group of friends is buying via one big account holder and but one account still represent one person. It is a good thing if someone can draw a close friend or two of him into crypto because of this opportunity and then they can can help to promote NEM in differently ways locally. But I would like to restrict these groups to a maximum of 5 stakes.

I asked Kooream to compile population statistics so that we can see have a glimpse of how many unique accounts/ individuals we could have. I expect group 1, accounts created  before the fundraising, consists mainly of unique accounts and as well as accounts in group 2, accounts created during the fundraising but engaged in more activities. Counting both groups, we already have roughly 1500 stakeholders, so that's a good thing.  

It is expected that stakeholders can buy 1 more share for loved one/ family member as well so a certain percentage of group 3 account falls into this category. A certain portion accounts in group 3 are also unique accounts but they are not yet active so they should be able to keep their shares. The remaining are likely sockpuppet accounts and we will try to refund them using the taint analysis.

I have finished the unified list and will post them momentarily. Let's wait 1-2 days before we start the public auditing. There will be guidelines and bounties announced for the efforts. Generally the public auditing includes: public checking for errors, discrepancies in the stakeholder list; public checking for big multi-accouter using taint analysis.

UP    

That sound s goods. I think the distribution of the stakes should be equal and not too much for only 1 person.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 09:40:17 AM

In regards to his character, he already showed it. If he starts acting in a more reasonable, less troll of a way, it won't change his character, he would still be the same person.

Hard to believe that a senior member of this forum can show such childish behavior. But, to finished, I'm glad that he can hold his stake and have the opportunity to act more reasonably. This speak very good about this community!

I was simply looking out for everyone that gave Nxt or Btc to the dev fund. 

When I received my stake, no one had to pay.  At that point, if Nem wasn't fairly distributed and had no code, no one lost anything.  Later when UtopianFuture started collecting Nxt and Btc, people were at risk of losing their money.  I've seen the Visacoin, Shares, Aero, etc scams and I know how eager people are to get a stake in the next Nxt.  I don't think it is ethical to sell people on promises with little actual work.  Writing Nem from scratch is easier said than done.  People might say that I'm bashing Nem so they invest in Nxt, but the fact is that Nxt is being actively developed.  If I had to pay Nxt to get Nem, I would just keep my Nxt, but everyone has the right to make their own decision.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:55:17 AM

When I received my stake, no one had to pay.  At that point, if Nem wasn't fairly distributed and had no code, no one lost anything.  Later when UtopianFuture started collecting Nxt and Btc, people were at risk of losing their money.  I've seen the Visacoin, Shares, Aero, etc scams and I know how eager people are to get a stake in the next Nxt.  I don't think it is ethical to sell people on promises with little actual work.  Writing Nem from scratch is easier said than done.  People might say that I'm bashing Nem so they invest in Nxt, but the fact is that Nxt is being actively developed.  If I had to pay Nxt to get Nem, I would just keep my Nxt, but everyone has the right to make their own decision.

Do you plan to help NEM in anyway ?  or do u intend to just collect in the offchance NEM might succeed.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:08:39 AM

ya have a good point there.. luckily i got my stake when it was 40 nxt/stake.. Smiley worth the risk if you ask me

That point is valid but that's true for every other investment/coin out there.

If I ask you to pay some money and in return promise you that I will try to deliver something (it was always stated outright that this very well could fail) and you decide to do that then that's your choice and a risk you know about and voluntarily take. I don't get how that is supposed to be unethical.
NEM is actively developed as well. Take a look at the trello board, the devs are making progress on a daily basis and so far it seems that things are going smoothly.

I'm sorry but you just don't make any sense to me.

Anyway, let's focus on the future and on getting NEM forward.

Vladimircook

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:21:23 AM

ya have a good point there.. luckily i got my stake when it was 40 nxt/stake.. Smiley worth the risk if you ask me

That point is valid but that's true for every other investment/coin out there.

If I ask you to pay some money and in return promise you that I will try to deliver something (it was always stated outright that this very well could fail) and you decide to do that then that's your choice and a risk you know about and voluntarily take. I don't get how that is supposed to be unethical.
NEM is actively developed as well. Take a look at the trello board, the devs are making progress on a daily basis and so far it seems that things are going smoothly.

I'm sorry but you just don't make any sense to me.

Anyway, let's focus on the future and on getting NEM forward.

I share the view of pat mast3r. The problem with 2kool is solved now and we should looking forward to make NEM a big player in cryptoscence.

erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:38:55 AM

Shameless repost, we need community members to get involved for this to be great!

nemcoin.info
Current Versions are at:
and

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gbp1rivOTFZvtBG0_rJabUyyKbDuZjMBx9jiifBJO0c/edit?usp=sharing   (nemcoin.info proposal)

Please give me your input, I have appreciated all the suggestions so far! Do you like the black or blue theme? I prefer the blue theme as I think it is more welcoming, but the black theme would go well with ournem.com

This site is built on the bootstrap framework, so it is super optimized for fullscreen and mobile sizes (I will optimize it for tablets later, but it still looks ok there for now)

I can use more pictures, etc for the website!!!  If I use your images/graphics/pictures whatever in the final design, You will receive some NEM from me shortly after launch.
A great part of this website will be the “case study” (read all about it in the google docs).
Any merchant or charity or fellow stakeholder  that wants to get involved please post at this thread:

I prefer the blue one. Its looking good otherwise, but you should change the pics. The nightly city isn't what rebuilding the financial system is about (i mean what NEM is about). Also surely community is not about clubbing/raving (the picture in the community part), but something else. I haven't got any idea why there is a picture of alpine roads in the FAQ part and how is the How To associated with flowing water and the wallet downloads with a nightly bridge + city.

How about:

- The first picture replace with the one on ournem.com site

- Community picture looking something more like these: http://www.bluewolf.com/sites/default/files/SalesforceCommunities.jpg
http://www.iiaweb.com/sites/iiadev/files/pagegraphics/community.jpg
point being that no clubbing/raving, because we ought to be a respectable organization combatting the unequal distribution of wealth globally and all the problems it brings with it.

- How about a text "FAQ" or just a question mark on the FAQ pic?

- I dont know what to put in the How To, but surely we must have something else than water there.

- Finally couldn't the wallet part just be a picture of a wallet / money / Bitcoin wallet or something that is related to a wallet somehow...

Besides those pictures its looking good IMO. Great work!
xianglan

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:46:19 AM

My plan is to use taint analysis to link closely related accounts together. And we will limit the holding of these closely related accounts to 5 stakes, anything above that would be refunded.

We can't really say for sure all these related accounts is just one person. It is possible that a group of friends is buying via one big account holder and but one account still represent one person. It is a good thing if someone can draw a close friend or two of him into crypto because of this opportunity and then they can can help to promote NEM in differently ways locally. But I would like to restrict these groups to a maximum of 5 stakes.

I asked Kooream to compile population statistics so that we can see have a glimpse of how many unique accounts/ individuals we could have. I expect group 1, accounts created  before the fundraising, consists mainly of unique accounts and as well as accounts in group 2, accounts created during the fundraising but engaged in more activities. Counting both groups, we already have roughly 1500 stakeholders, so that's a good thing.  

It is expected that stakeholders can buy 1 more share for loved one/ family member as well so a certain percentage of group 3 account falls into this category. A certain portion accounts in group 3 are also unique accounts but they are not yet active so they should be able to keep their shares. The remaining are likely sockpuppet accounts and we will try to refund them using the taint analysis.

I have finished the unified list and will post them momentarily. Let's wait 1-2 days before we start the public auditing. There will be guidelines and bounties announced for the efforts. Generally the public auditing includes: public checking for errors, discrepancies in the stakeholder list; public checking for big multi-accouter using taint analysis.

UP    
You guys did very good job.I like those ideas.

GOOD.
wish better.
erkki12

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:48:48 AM

I see there's certainly no lack of drama going on here the last couple days. Anyway, is there some formal list of items us non-programmers can contribute to?

https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion

You should ask Utopianfuture to add you to the board
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:57:21 AM

nemcoin.info
Current Versions are at:
and

Google Docs:

I prefer the blue one. Its looking good otherwise, but you should change the pics. The nightly city isn't what rebuilding the financial system is about (i mean what NEM is about). Also surely community is not about clubbing/raving (the picture in the community part), but something else. I haven't got any idea why there is a picture of alpine roads in the FAQ part and how is the How To associated with flowing water and the wallet downloads with a nightly bridge + city.

How about:

- The first picture replace with the one on ournem.com site

- Community picture looking something more like these: http://www.bluewolf.com/sites/default/files/SalesforceCommunities.jpg
http://www.iiaweb.com/sites/iiadev/files/pagegraphics/community.jpg
point being that no clubbing/raving, because we ought to be a respectable organization combatting the unequal distribution of wealth globally and all the problems it brings with it.

- How about a text "FAQ" or just a question mark on the FAQ pic?

- I dont know what to put in the How To, but surely we must have something else than water there.

- Finally couldn't the wallet part just be a picture of a wallet / money / Bitcoin wallet or something that is related to a wallet somehow...

Besides those pictures its looking good IMO. Great work!

I like the black theme, I agree with erkk12 about the party picture and the nightcity pictures ( sorry if I am too picky, its easy for me to criticize while doing nothing to help) its not inspirational. I like the water and mountain road pics, its very soothing  Smiley to look at. Also the logo seems odd.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:14:44 AM

I see there's certainly no lack of drama going on here the last couple days. Anyway, is there some formal list of items us non-programmers can contribute to?

https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion

You should ask Utopianfuture to add you to the board

There are a lot of open items in the Trello board. Let me know if you want to join in. Thanks.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:19:45 AM

When I received my stake, no one had to pay.  At that point, if Nem wasn't fairly distributed and had no code, no one lost anything.  Later when UtopianFuture started collecting Nxt and Btc, people were at risk of losing their money.  I've seen the Visacoin, Shares, Aero, etc scams and I know how eager people are to get a stake in the next Nxt.  I don't think it is ethical to sell people on promises with little actual work.  Writing Nem from scratch is easier said than done.  People might say that I'm bashing Nem so they invest in Nxt, but the fact is that Nxt is being actively developed.  If I had to pay Nxt to get Nem, I would just keep my Nxt, but everyone has the right to make their own decision.

I could be wrong, but I think there is no comparison with Visae coin and others. Developers involved are more talented.

I guess the lead develper is Jaguar0625 who converted curve25519 (used by Nxt) to Javascript

https://github.com/Jaguar0625/JavaScriptNrs

could be very useful for Nxt webased clients for local signing.

The other developer  minusbalancer wrote one of the Nxt client.

There are are others all of of whom are well known on this forum.

It's stupid to compare this team with scam IPOs

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
mindact

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:30:03 AM

UP    

The list is long,This is a tedious work,Thanks for your hard work!

Yes! Thanks for your hard work. I think people have one stake dont like some ID like "sockpuppet1" "sockpuppet2" in the stakeholder list.
erkki12

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:41:26 AM

Now everybody talking about this 2kool4skewl stuff should stop. Decision has been made by the community and Utopian to keep him on board. Everyone should keep their opinions to themselves and let this thread be open for other stuff. I wont post another word about this debate since the decision has been made.

It is time to move forward from the negative debating, constant in this thread, to a positive discussion about how can we all contribute to bringing NEM forward.

All interested in participating can look at our promotion trello board at https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion and see if there is something that (s)he can contribute to. If you have good suggestions feel free to ask Utopianfuture to add you to the trello board!
conbos

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:30:35 PM

Hey folks,

Just to move to another topic...
What are your thoughts on the current MtGox affair?
In my opinion, this is very harmful, not only for BTC, but also for all currencies including NEM because:
i. Operationally, NEM (as well other second generation cryptocurrencies in their beginning) will set his value as a reference to the BTC price; which is something that in my opinion only will limit the development of NEM
ii. Public confidence on cryptocurrencies goes severely down. So, even though we have such a strong community, noble and good ideas to develop; for the eyes of the public opinion, this is still a cryptocurrency with the (wrong) impression that it can have the problems of BTC
iii. It also show how a good original idea (decentralized asset exchange) as BTC was co-opted and transformed in a merely highly risky and speculative commodity. This, in my opinion, is a powerful lesson for us. We should, from the very beginning, try to attach the coin to a real value in the real world. An advantage of our community is the fact that once the money start circulating; given the fair distribution, I hope it could be more easy to create these type of markets. I'm looking forward the development of the code to see wether it can be possible to create a market as eBay, but based on NEMs in parallel with trading sites in order to make NEM's economy more dynamic and varied

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
HalfEvil

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:32:16 PM

Quote from: utopianfuture

Here are people who submitted logo from page 20 to page 30 which should face an exact promotional condition as you had. Everyone of them posted the logo directly in the post.

HalfEvil, upekha, adobkin88, jango, serpico-cop, nemestomen, hachiko, fz0591, kakoy-soobshaete, sepi, HissFast12, lewiscoin, Hovan, lostisland, AmusedClam84, RusticChinchilla8, cryptocoin12, Picasso7, Harry_Potter, HungryLaunch, Denis_Diderot, atias, Appleanimal, suka, balalaika, ShawnLeary, overseas3, HalfArsedElectron, CheerupSmug14.

I want to see some of them telling me if the rule about posting the logo directly in the post was clear enough.

I thought it was clear at least...
yzs5273

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:49:35 PM

Hello, I replied to the post, but has often been deleted, how is it?
   I come from China, my English is not good to say, this is what I used google translate!
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:14:39 PM

Hello, I replied to the post, but has often been deleted, how is it?
   I come from China, my English is not good to say, this is what I used google translate!

What post ?

upekha

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:46:44 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 01:56:46 PM by upekha

time to praise:
UP & all the Dev-Team members, youre doing a wonderfull job!
I'm really amazed.
good day Smiley

NEM - New Economy Movement
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: