Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:44:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
13Darko

Activity: 621
Merit: 507

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:59:55 PM

The Y is in column C. It would be quite suspicous if noone had a Y don't you think ? Smiley
ok.. there lots of Y in column C. but for which nicknames is it set?? for the left ones or for the right ones?.. Smiley or for both  Huh there is only 1 column for Y... and there are 2 columns for stakeholder nicknames... and there is no Y in line 2, my line

They are set for the nicknames to the right. The nicknames on the left are only an ordered list of all stakeholders.

Reading the names of the colums helps figuring this stuff out ;-)

I think we should make a simple Excel list with all the stakeholders filtered out the original list and put it in an alphabetic order.

A little effort to make to spare much time, complaints and newbie questions now.

I finally understood what was the problem... I watched the list here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdDZ0amZpM00wQXhrR2lJM3pCOGRhNFE#gid=1
Check my number. It's 1498 in the very beginning (line 2). There is no "Y".

It turned out to be the old list (found in the 1st and 2nd registration threads).

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:05:27 PM

I think we should make a simple Excel list with all the stakeholders filtered out the original list and put it in an alphabetic order.

A little effort to make to spare much time, complaints and newbie questions now.

The official list follows registration order so that it can be linked to reference sources when necessary. For why 2 lists instead of 1, it is easier to check duplicate hashes/ tx id that way/. A lot of times was spent on combating fraudsters.    

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:26:02 PM

Shameless repost, we need community members to get involved for this to be great!

nemcoin.info
Current Versions are at:
http://oddape.co/AwkwardTheme/index1.9.8.html (black theme)
and
http://oddape.co/AwkwardTheme/index1.9.7.html (blue theme)

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gbp1rivOTFZvtBG0_rJabUyyKbDuZjMBx9jiifBJO0c/edit?usp=sharing   (nemcoin.info proposal)

Please give me your input, I have appreciated all the suggestions so far! Do you like the black or blue theme? I prefer the blue theme as I think it is more welcoming, but the black theme would go well with ournem.com
<snip>

Reading previous posts this may not be popular...

Don't mind black or blue - what I would say is the contrast of the black really helps other features stand out and gives the page a stronger more striking feel to it...

In comparison the blue feels more average colour, a bit like Hewlett Packard corporate blue and microsoft use a blue like that quite a lot.

Nothing wrong with that... they want to be welcoming too. A DARKER Blue perhaps would give welcome and contrast?

black wins hands down...

Yeah - I'd agree with that.
Personalyl I'd remove the globe on the upper left corner. Not only does it introduce a second logo but it also looks like it was low res.
Again, Props on the website as a whole though Smiley
You all have inspired me with some great ideas for the site!
Thank you all, including erki12, xtester and many others. I will respond to all of your concerns, and take them into consideration, but for now I am going to get onto the next iteration of the site, and I think you will be pleased.

To sum up the most important part of the google docs:

I need the community to give me copyright free pictures that I can use for this site, most images are just placeholders (but atleast they are copyright free). The logos I used are not official logos, they are just logos that have been submitted by the community. I will give NEM from my personal share to people that contribute images/photos/etc that I use in the final site.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:35:37 PM

Guys how about doing something along these themes for our logo:

The first one is the official international sign for humanity its called Happy Human Grin . wiki says BHA licenses this trademark to humanist organizations , maybe it suits our values too.
mjrmac

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:38:05 PM

The official list follows registration order so that it can be linked to reference sources when necessary. For why 2 lists instead of 1, it is easier to check duplicate hashes/ tx id that way/. A lot of times was spent on combating fraudsters.    

What if a fraudster had written some meaningless comment to thread 1.
Later, when he finds that someone in thread 2 has not yet written his hash,
then he steals that hash and adds it to his post in thread 1.

How you would find that fraudster's and someone's hash are same?
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:39:50 PM

Both threads were locked long ago. No editing possible. Read here as well https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450200.msg5186684#msg5186684 the fee changed every 10 pages, so hash/ tx. id can be stolen in that range only otherwise they would not be valid. Time stamp check is used as well.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:43:26 PM

Or something like this Smiley

This is called The four harmonious friends. The story fits our values,

Once in a forest in Varanasi, four animals, an elephant, a rabbit, a monkey and a bird (partridge) disputed about the ownership of a tree where all of them happened to come to feed on. The elephant claimed it was his because he saw it first. The monkey said that it was his because he had been feeding on the fruits of the tree. The rabbit claimed it was his because he had been feeding on the dew of the leaves on the tree when it was a small sapling. The partridge who had been watching the argument said that the tree belonged to it because the tree wouldn't have grown if it had not spit out the seed from the fruit it had eaten.

The elephant, monkey and rabbit all then bowed to the partridge and regarded it as their big brother. The four animals became friends and decided to share the tree together in peaceful harmony enjoying the beauty of the tree's fragrance, the nourishment of the tree's fruits, and the bounty of the tree's shade.

Other animals in the forest often saw them together with the partridge on top of the rabbit who was held up by the monkey who rode on top of the elephant. Henceforth, they were called the four harmonious friends. The four animals were looked upon as an example and peace regained in the forest.

There are about five different version of the story but they all had the same moral -- respect to elders, love and affection to live harmoniously.

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:50:44 PM

Once in a forest in Varanasi, four animals, an elephant, a rabbit, a monkey and a bird (partridge) disputed about the ownership of a tree where all of them happened to come to feed on. The elephant claimed it was his because he saw it first. The monkey said that it was his because he had been feeding on the fruits of the tree. The rabbit claimed it was his because he had been feeding on the dew of the leaves on the tree when it was a small sapling. The partridge who had been watching the argument said that the tree belonged to it because the tree wouldn't have grown if it had not spit out the seed from the fruit it had eaten.

The elephant, monkey and rabbit all then bowed to the partridge and regarded it as their big brother. The four animals became friends and decided to share the tree together in peaceful harmony enjoying the beauty of the tree's fragrance, the nourishment of the tree's fruits, and the bounty of the tree's shade.

Other animals in the forest often saw them together with the partridge on top of the rabbit who was held up by the monkey who rode on top of the elephant. Henceforth, they were called the four harmonious friends. The four animals were looked upon as an example and peace regained in the forest.

There are about five different version of the story but they all had the same moral -- respect to elders, love and affection to live harmoniously.

Now we need some designer to make a logo out of this.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
mjrmac

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:55:22 PM

Both threads were locked long ago. No editing possible. Read here as well https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450200.msg5186684#msg5186684 the fee changed every 10 pages, so hash/ tx. id can be stolen in that range only otherwise they would not be valid. Time stamp check is used as well.

How about this: the fraudster is a veteran and steals the hash from thread 1 and writes it to his post in thread 2, when it was not locked? Smiley

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:02:20 PM

How about this: the fraudster is a veteran and steals the hash from thread 1 and writes it to his post in thread 2, when it was not locked? Smiley

1. hash from thread 1 and thread 2 have different values ---> remember fee jumped every 10 pages and it changed from thread 1 to 2 as well.

2. transaction time-stamp won't match anyway.

3. Everything can be reversed with the ultimate proof of hash/ tx. id ownership. Just sent a minimum amount to NEM address from the same sending address and pm us the transaction.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
mattadc

Activity: 426

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:16:37 PM

The first one is the official international sign for humanity its called Happy Human Grin . wiki says BHA licenses this trademark to humanist organizations , maybe it suits our values too.

that's the crypto Ubuntu Smiley  
when I read NEM's first page, it reminded ubuntu... It is some african word.

As an artist I've looked several coins logos. It's little bit amusing that there is more variation only in the text fonts than in creation of something different and new, especially when you all are tryin to create a new captivating coin.

Only these have at least some trying to be creative

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/12489315183/

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
studyjava

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:23:16 PM

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-bR4p_6qvDfg/UwzZzYf7SVI/AAAAAAAAACA/GxZLIr5yCMo/w635-h549-no/20101115205459_four-friends.jpg

Nice story. I like it!
searkt

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:41:07 AM

NEM official stakeholder list (before the public auditing).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdHVfeU1BRFVoZkJ6QTRvcjc2cTQzQ2c#gid=0

From now on we will use this list instead of the previous stakeholder list which will be used for checking references only.

My name is on column G. Does that mean I get a stake?

Guys!

Try to use CTRL+f to find your names.

I'm in !  Smiley
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 01:12:36 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 01:50:06 AM by BitZCoin

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and may you laugh me, but what if we would write another coin (little brother of NEM), which would only be possible to mine/forge by trading and/or holding NEM?
The more you hold, the more you mine. Also if you sell or buy some NEM you're earning some of the little brother. NEM should get an unbelievable thrust through and it would people
even more animate to use this Movement.

More I would bet some little stakes for Social Media, especially pages which are specialized for enlightening peepz and tell them about our current monetary system .
100 000 NEM for example for https://www.facebook.com/Killuminati.for.Wakeup?fref=ts when posting about us.
This may would bring a big thrust of new takers interested to Cryptocurrency because 372 000 sociocritical people would read and hear about it.

Tell me what you think of it Smiley

Here it is: TakePart!
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:47:29 AM

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and may you laugh me, but what if we would write another coin (little brother of NEM), which would only be possible to mine/forge by trading and/or holding NEM?
The more you hold, the more you mine. Also if you sell or buy some NEM you're earning some of the little brother. NEM should get an unbelievable thrust through and it would people
even more animate to use this Movement.

More I would bet some little stakes for Social Media, especially pages which are specialized for enlightening peepz and tell them about our current monetary system .
100 000 NEM for example for https://www.facebook.com/Killuminati.for.Wakeup?fref=ts when posting about us.
This may would bring a big thrust of new people interested to Cryptocurrency because 372 000 sociocritical people would read about it.

Tell me what you think of it Smiley

It is very nice idea and it is doable via creating asset/ coin on top of the asset exchange. 

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:52:18 AM

that's the crypto Ubuntu Smiley  
when I read NEM's first page, it reminded ubuntu... It is some african word.

As an artist I've looked several coins logos. It's little bit amusing that there is more variation only in the text fonts than in creation of something different and new, especially when you all are tryin to create a new captivating coin.

Only these have at least some trying to be creative

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/12489315183/

It is quite difficult to come up with original logo idea I would say because it also has to be relevant to NEM's core principles. I think we have a few nice NEM text variations but it is another level represent NEM successfully with some kind of shapes, abstract concept etc.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:54:05 AM

I am just thinking how this thread will blow up when we are on the testnet and then on the first mainnet beta.  Roll Eyes

And just to remind everyone that it is your responsibility to check your stakeholder status in the list and let us know if there is an issue in the stake complaint thread.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:57:02 AM

So what is the official name, nemcoin or nem.

I like nemcoin.

edit: I ask because of the domains.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:58:30 AM

I like nemcoin.

Nemcoin is the blockchain. NEM is the currency unit. New Economy Movement (NEM) refers to the whole community. That's my idea but you could refer to the blockchain as NEM too. Some people prefer that way.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:03:41 AM

I like nemcoin.

edit: I ask because of the domains.

nemcoin.com + its subdomains is about the blockchain and relating apps.
ournem.com will be more about community's projects.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: