Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:35:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:59:16 PM

Reaction of Graviton (Admin of Dgex);

My question was if they can add NEM to their exchange when it is launched;

"I'm not up to date with NEM happenings. We are going to add it though when we can be sure it has a stable client / server software available."

Grin

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:15:33 PM

One think "eXocoin" (scam or not) is correct is that mining is essential for fair and wider distribution.

I know Nem like Nxt is designed to have have no miners, but short term one to four month mining (that has nothing to do with Nem protocol itself) could have been used for wider and more fair distribution.

Basically, lets say 50% are distributed to stakeholders and the rest are mined (like short 2 month mining period).

That would result in much wider and fairer distribution.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Starsheriff2.0

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:23:55 PM

One think "eXocoin" (scam or not) is correct is that mining is essential for fair and wider distribution.

I know Nem like Nxt is designed to have have no miners, but short term one to four month mining (that has nothing to do with Nem protocol itself) could have been used for wider and more fair distribution.

Basically, lets say 50% are distributed to stakeholders and the rest are mined (like short 2 month mining period).

I don't think so.
In my case ( just as an example) mining would be impossible. My notebook is as old as a granny and I like the idea of forging without having big high-end hardware.
Furthermore NEM is purely POS/POI not POW.  Wink

NEM - New Economy Movement - Proof Of Importance - Join the Revolution NOW!!
komije5363

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:27:08 PM

I think POS better than POW.
conbos

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:35:00 PM

POI>POS>POW
 Cheesy

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:39:01 PM

PoW is bad for the environment and as soon as you launch even if its asic resistant the botnets move in and rape mine until the difficulty rises so mere mortals with home computers and laptops lose out.

If you want to do something good for the world - copy what ripple has done which I think it quite smart - put part of NEM 10,20,25% I don't know up for World Computer Grid stuff over a period of time e.g. 6-12 months.

People download the computer grid stuff, join team NEM and let the research projects around the world use their PCs for research computations that benefit us all. We read the team stats (which they can't fake) off the computing grid team stats page and award NEM every 24hrs as a result.

Its much more in line with the sense I have of the 'New Economic Movement'. My desktop at home is earning ripple when I'm not using it, has been since december, probably makes 60 xrp a day - I'm not covering the electric costs probably or making huge money and for the Ripple alone I wouldn't do it but I like the idea of helping the research projects too i.e. doing something good with the spare PC capacity.

You could market it as well ....

And because there isn't a 'pure' profit you don't get the botnets and the other professional miners moving in with their high end kit.

komije5363

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:41:57 PM

PoW is bad for the environment and as soon as you launch even if its asic resistant the botnets move in and rape mine until the difficulty rises so mere mortals with home computers and laptops lose out.

If you want to do something good for the world - copy what ripple has done which I think it quite smart - put part of NEM 10,20,25% I don't know up for World Computer Grid stuff over a period of time e.g. 6-12 months.

People download the computer grid stuff, join team NEM and let the research projects around the world use their PCs for research computations that benefit us all. We read the team stats (which they can't fake) off the computing grid team stats page and award NEM every 24hrs as a result.

Its much more in line with the sense I have of the 'New Economic Movement'. My desktop at home is earning ripple when I'm not using it, has been since december, probably makes 60 xrp a day - I'm not covering the electric costs probably or making huge money and for the Ripple alone I wouldn't do it but I like the idea of helping the research projects too i.e. doing something good with the spare PC capacity.

And because there isn't a 'pure' profit you don't get the botnets and the other professional miners moving in with their high end kit.

+1
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:53:01 PM

I don't think so.
In my case ( just as an example) mining would be impossible. My notebook is as old as a granny and I like the idea of forging without having big high-end hardware.

That's fine for you, as you already bought shares, but mining is essential for wider distribution.

I think it's time now to seriously consider 2 month mining period for 50% of coins distribution.  That will attract much different audience and result in much wider distribution. 

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:53:53 PM

I don't think so.

That's fine for you, as you already bought shares, but mining is essential for wider distribution.

I think it's time now to seriously consider 2 month mining period for 50% of coins distribution.  That will attract much different audience and result in much wider distribution. 

Not only impossible at this stage but also not what anyone wanted.

SIjong

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:55:57 PM

I find that beer drinking is much more important than the PoS
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:58:13 PM

You should understand that "fairness" belonging to moralistic category and in all likelihood the statement "what is fair to one person" is entirely subjective and depends on how much can he gain from that particular "what" compared to other people. Wide distribution is easy to understand and can be objective but "fair distribution" is not.

NEM fundraising is only intended to be fair and egalitarian to NEM community and supporters. I couldn't care less about people who doesn't support NEM  as well as miners whose sole purpose is to mine and sell as fast as he can. There may be a part of NEM devoted for mining activities as giveaways when we figure out the technicality after launch though.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:58:24 PM

It's not about POS vs POW. Nem can still be 100% POW. The mining mechanism can  be used to distribute 50% of Nem. Mining mechanism can be anything and could have no relation to Nem internal POS protocol. The purpose would be to distribution Nem --  much wider distribution and attract new audience (the mining community).  

Everyone will benefit for wider distribution. 100% of coins controlled by 3000 accounts (80% of the sockets) will do more damage than good.  

Make it 50% to stakeholders
and distribute 50% by some kind of mining competition

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:59:26 PM

there's already hundreds of altcoins out there that are 'mined' .. that's the last thing we really need is another mined coin for someone with a large ASIC rig or CPU farm to make more money on. The original promise to investors was no mining, even distribution by account stake.

Want to reward people for setting up nodes, creating ways to exchange the coin, or other unique features, I have no problem with that? Mining, already been done hundreds of times elsewhere.

Nothing wrong with giving the coins to the account stakeholders, as promised.
conbos

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:00:06 PM

It has been discussed elsewhere but it is important t to mention here again. PoW has a big problem when mining power is concentrated. With a 51% of mining power, you can really control the currency (you can authorize or not transactions); thus, you trasnform a descentralized system into a complete centralized one. Actually, the investment required to control 51% mining power of Bitcoin is about 5% of the current market capitalization of Bitcoin; which for a company or a government is quite cheap.
PoS solves that problem. To control the currency, you will need to buy 51% of the total amount of coins released for that currency; which is obviously very very difficult to obtain The problem of PoS is its unfair distribution and the bad incentive to exchange money. So, I/m very curious to read/known more details about NEM's implementation. If the Proof of Importance succeed, that will be a major hit of this coin

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:00:31 PM

You should understand that "fairness" belonging to moralistic category and in all likelihood the statement "what is fair to one person" is entirely subjective and depends on how much can he gain from that particular "what" compared to other people. Wide distribution is easy to understand and can be objective but "fair distribution" is not.

If you don't like the word "fair" replace it with "success". Wider distribution means more successful coin.

50% coins for stakeholders and 50% earned by miners will result in much wider distribution  

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:03:15 PM

It's not about POS vs POW. Nem can still be 100% POW. The mining mechanism can  be used to distribute 50% of Nem. Mining mechanism can be anything and could have no relation to Nem internal POS protocol. The purpose would be to distribution Nem --  much wider distribution and attract new audience (the mining community).  

Everyone will benefit for wider distribution. 100% of coins controlled by 3000 accounts (80% of the sockets) will do more damage than good.  

Make it 50% to stakeholders
and distribute 50% by some kind of mining competition

You seem to be the next person following Mr. 2Kool2skew trying to sabotage NEM fundraising with this kind of 80% socket bullshit. It is well established that there are at least 1500 unique accounts in the NEM stakeholder list.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:03:19 PM

It has been discussed elsewhere but it is important t to mention here again. PoW has a big problem when mining power is concentrated.

We are not talking about bitcoin like mining that is used to secure network for ever. We are talking about 2 month mining period that  is used to distribute coins to mining community outside of stakeholders and people who read this forum. Mining period will end and Nem will be 100% POS like Nxt.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:04:32 PM

If you don't like the word "fair" replace it with "success". Wider distribution means more successful coin.

50% coins for stakeholders and 50% earned by miners will result in much wider distribution  

You should make your own coin. This coin probably does not suit you and you are entitled for a refund.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:06:28 PM

You seem to be the next person following Mr. 2Kool2skew trying to sabotage NEM fundraising with this kind of 80% socket bullshit. It is well established that there are at least 1500 unique accounts in NEM stakeholder list.

I have never seen 1500 unique users number before, but if that is true, good.

I am not trying  to "sabotage" Nem.

For god's sake stop being so sensitive and thin skinned. I was posting some suggestions.

Fine.  I will stop posting to this thread from now.

See you at launch as I am stakeholder

Bye

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:08:13 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 08:32:07 PM by utopianfuture

IT is not about my preference in using words but about you don't understand what "fair" means. We do have some plan for wide scale distributions (stay tuned as they would be quite unique) but that does not involve giving away NEM cheaply to miners.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: