Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
basilson

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:00:34 PM

Sounds funny, but it could be good.
Smokeymar

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:10:54 PM

guys - stop harassing all the exchanges.  this is a custom client.  no one will be willing to list NEM at launch.  maybe after few weeks of solid client stability

Trust me.  With the size of this community, the exchanges will want to list NEM.
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:06:21 PM

Devs: is there any way in which you could keep the community up to date on the actual coding that's being done? dev blogs, githubs and all the such?

I check this topic every day just to find another 48 logo proposals. Which is a healthy sign of community involvement, of course, but I still posted 'interested' on page 18 and I'm wondering how my 6 seconds of time invested are evolving.

burp...
nakauchi

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:07:19 PM

And again:

Hey. Have a big problem. I'm not on the stakeholder list. But I paid 500 nxt  on 7th February.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.msg5001870#msg5001870

Pls have a look. I dont know where I can find the transaction ID for NXT. Can anyone say how to find it?

I thought every payment would be checked by the admins. But it doesnt seem so..
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:10:37 PM

And again:

Hey. Have a big problem. I'm not on the stakeholder list. But I paid 500 nxt  on 7th February.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.msg5001870#msg5001870

Pls have a look. I dont know where I can find the transaction ID for NXT. Can anyone say how to find it?

chill dude you are there. No. 2458 of T2.

Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:22:17 PM

And again:

chill dude you are there. No. 2458 of T2.

Roll Eyes Undecided  This is becoming hilarious ( I am sorry pat...)

So for those that are in doubt:

"Ctrl + f " to enable search
Look at the bottom for the tabs to go to other sheets.
Bernd555

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:45:25 PM

Unfortunately, I also have a problem:
I have made ​​two reservations to receive two payments.
Originally both payments were on the list, now I am unfortunately only it once.
Can someone please help me to?   Huh   

HASH ID: 29ca5661198592e5e7c91bd9e67e1a66e2b7396f599b8b4887796a53910b7434

HASH ID: 1fe48a1f6898c0cf3eef50f9d1cc7d2b739ab1f7a4c8118090ef449b0252dc60
nottrulyevil

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:14:14 PM

Unfortunately, I also have a problem:
I have made ​​two reservations to receive two payments.
Originally both payments were on the list, now I am unfortunately only it once.
Can someone please help me to?   Huh   

HASH ID: 29ca5661198592e5e7c91bd9e67e1a66e2b7396f599b8b4887796a53910b7434

HASH ID: 1fe48a1f6898c0cf3eef50f9d1cc7d2b739ab1f7a4c8118090ef449b0252dc60

If you read the OP you'd know that you're only able to reserve 1 stake. All other payments are seen as donations.

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
Bernd555

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:25:48 PM

That's what I've read.
At the time where I have made ​​the payments was still allowed.

Why should the second payment now suddenly be a donation?
Seven_carat

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:38:03 PM

Also need how long time allotment of shares?
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 09:38:41 PM

If you read the OP you'd know that you're only able to reserve 1 stake. All other payments are seen as donations.

gosh, what is with all this greed

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Lucozade35

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:50:32 PM

Also need how long time allotment of shares?
YES we are all waiting ---- the success of NEM will require all STAKEHOLDERS to make an active positive contribution.  Smiley
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:19:03 AM

It is my understanding that the devs are currently testing POI, and they aren't posting specifications on how it will work, because they are well, still testing it out.

Exactly

Yes, all the details of POI are not finalized. I am testing about 12 variants of a few algorithms, but so far the results look promising. If I had to release something today, I think I know what I would implement.

Great work, Devs. I am expecting your deliveries and believe NEM could exceed NXT.

We hope to do well. That being said, NEM isn't really in competition with NXT. There is no reason that both could not exist together. I own an amazing 0.4 BTC worth of NXT, so I am not really against it  Grin

I agree that there is definitely opportunity for NEM to outgrow NXT if done right.  NXT has some problems, not just distribution.  It is not helpful that the main dev for NXT wants to disappear and be a complete mystery and communication is not good.  I think having a bigger team of devs and better communication with the wider NEM community will be a big help.

Forget NXT, let's beat a worthless coin like Aurora.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
yeaar

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:32:36 AM

It is my understanding that the devs are currently testing POI, and they aren't posting specifications on how it will work, because they are well, still testing it out.

Exactly

Yes, all the details of POI are not finalized. I am testing about 12 variants of a few algorithms, but so far the results look promising. If I had to release something today, I think I know what I would implement.

Great work, Devs. I am expecting your deliveries and believe NEM could exceed NXT.

We hope to do well. That being said, NEM isn't really in competition with NXT. There is no reason that both could not exist together. I own an amazing 0.4 BTC worth of NXT, so I am not really against it  Grin

I agree that there is definitely opportunity for NEM to outgrow NXT if done right.  NXT has some problems, not just distribution.  It is not helpful that the main dev for NXT wants to disappear and be a complete mystery and communication is not good.  I think having a bigger team of devs and better communication with the wider NEM community will be a big help.

+1
NEM will be the most potential coin of second generation.
Nacionalito

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:37:03 AM

Lol, I wish there was an easier way to short it.  Then again I would probably lose, I never would have seen the run-up to 600mil+ coming.  I guess it should give us hope that it doesn't take a year to get to the top of the alt-coins.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:37:58 AM

With the sudden success of Aurora (even it if is a bubble), it is apparent that crypto needs to have an impact in the physical world.

From this, one idea is to donate NEM to start a cooperative village where people use NEM in their daily lives. This should be a remote area that is self-sufficient. Even if there is not internet access, we might be able to set up satellite internet infrastructure. I think that would be an amazing demonstration of how crypto could be used anywhere for secure, decentralized transfer of money.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we wouldn't want to interfere with the local culture of the area. I envision setting up some NEM access points (places with internet) and then people can go use those, with minimal interference into their language and culture.

The question is, where could we do such a thing? It should take a lot of time and dedication from people working locally in an area.

Some ideas are:

1) Bhutan. I think I have seen users from Bhutan on bitcointalk. We could set up solar satellite internet access in some remote village and have everyone in the village conduct transactions in NEM using iPads or something similar. There are some villages that are quite a few days walking from any large city and people are mostly self-sufficient. We would need to have someone local there to run things.

2) Japan. With so many people moving to big cities, there are places in the countryside that are extremely secluded and people grow their own food and make a lot of things themselves. Even in the countryside, though, there is ample electricity and cellular infrastructure, so people would be able to access a P2P network. Also, the government here does not consider crypto to be money and it is currently not regulated.

3) Ukraine. I know people that I definitely trust in western Ukraine near Poland (Lviv). There are some small villages in the Carpathian mountains that are fairly secluded from outside influence. The people I know in Lviv would probably be willing to help or maybe run this full time for us if we provided the resources.

These are some ideas, but as a community, it would be great if people could come up with ideas on how to establish a NEM co-operative. If done right, NEM could make all the major news networks and generate some great publicity. The more important thing, though, would be that we could help real people improve their lives, while respecting their culture (for example, people in a remote village could sell goods online using NEM).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:46:13 AM

Exactly

We hope to do well. That being said, NEM isn't really in competition with NXT. There is no reason that both could not exist together. I own an amazing 0.4 BTC worth of NXT, so I am not really against it  Grin

Agree. Comparing NEM to NXT is missing the point. The market potential is so huge that just a certain innovative "trick" could lead to a huge success as in the case of Aurora. So why should we not focus on our own innovations and ideas instead ?

However, talking about Aurora I think its success would not be stable. Nothing prevents a competent developer + a good promoter making an "Iceland" coin and airdrop them a few week after the Auora airdrop. I'm actually surprised that no one did that yet.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:51:26 AM

Exactly

We hope to do well. That being said, NEM isn't really in competition with NXT. There is no reason that both could not exist together. I own an amazing 0.4 BTC worth of NXT, so I am not really against it  Grin

Agree. Comparing NEM to NXT is missing the point. The market potential is so huge that just a certain innovative "trick" could lead to a huge success as in the case of Aurora. So why should we not focus on our own innovations and ideas instead ?

However, talking about Aurora I think its success would not be stable. Nothing prevents a competent developer + a good promoter making an "Iceland" coin and airdrop them a few week after the Auora airdrop. I'm actually surprised that no one did that yet.

Exactly. NXT is actually innovating and I respect NXT a lot. Aurora looks like a fork of LTC, so I don't think it has a real future.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
hisun

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:14:32 AM

With the sudden success of Aurora (even it if is a bubble), it is apparent that crypto needs to have an impact in the physical world.

From this, one idea is to donate NEM to start a cooperative village where people use NEM in their daily lives. This should be a remote area that is self-sufficient. Even if there is not internet access, we might be able to set up satellite internet infrastructure. I think that would be an amazing demonstration of how crypto could be used anywhere for secure, decentralized transfer of money.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we wouldn't want to interfere with the local culture of the area. I envision setting up some NEM access points (places with internet) and then people can go use those, with minimal interference into their language and culture.

The question is, where could we do such a thing? It should take a lot of time and dedication from people working locally in an area.

Some ideas are:

1) Bhutan. I think I have seen users from Bhutan on bitcointalk. We could set up solar satellite internet access in some remote village and have everyone in the village conduct transactions in NEM using iPads or something similar. There are some villages that are quite a few days walking from any large city and people are mostly self-sufficient. We would need to have someone local there to run things.

2) Japan. With so many people moving to big cities, there are places in the countryside that are extremely secluded and people grow their own food and make a lot of things themselves. Even in the countryside, though, there is ample electricity and cellular infrastructure, so people would be able to access a P2P network. Also, the government here does not consider crypto to be money and it is currently not regulated.

3) Ukraine. I know people that I definitely trust in western Ukraine near Poland (Lviv). There are some small villages in the Carpathian mountains that are fairly secluded from outside influence. The people I know in Lviv would probably be willing to help or maybe run this full time for us if we provided the resources.

These are some ideas, but as a community, it would be great if people could come up with ideas on how to establish a NEM co-operative. If done right, NEM could make all the major news networks and generate some great publicity. The more important thing, though, would be that we could help real people improve their lives, while respecting their culture (for example, people in a remote village could sell goods online using NEM).

Great idea, great innovations Grin
conbos

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:33:44 AM

Some ideas are:

Hi
Totally agree... There is indeed some ideas posted previously about use NEM as a FairTrade currency. If small communities/cooperatives want to sell their products; they can use NEM as a non-centralize currency to target directly consumers leaving out retailers and intermediates that profit with the speculation. What I think about that?, it is a good idea but to develop it requires to have more steps done in the implementation of the code. Also, it will be necessary to stabilize the currency a little bit, to impinge confidence in the merchants. That things require time...
What it can be a faster starting point for this idea is to create a market of seeds. The situation is the following: because of the omnipresence nature of transnationals (e.g. Monsanto); many third world countries are more or less obliged to use seeds provided by this companies. Many of them are GMO. Sometimes even, to find 'natural' or 'biological' seeds is very difficult, as I can learn for some friends having a farm in Bolivia. They need to travel to Europe to find, good seeds that can add more value to the final product. Then, we can have some analogy of SilkRow but for seeds instead of illicit drugs, using NEM as the 'official' currency. So, farmers can go to this market and obtain seeds from other in the world trading them in NEMs At the beginning, this site would be needed, but with stabilization; we can rely on decentralized asset exchange.
But, as makoto correctly points (I'm glad that a dev as a clear picture of the status of the cryptocurrency, give me confidence in the future :-)); we definitively need to orient our effort into find a value for NEM beyond the speculation market in which all cryptocurrencies are in this moment. This is what is going to make the difference between a New Economy Movement and coin.

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: