Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:47:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879148 times)
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:34:24 AM

And where can I get the "mi thrilled man client"?

HUC addy:  HPomwByefyyJLkpn7s4Xf2oYGGetRpDh2C

look @ my signature, anyway it's located link is http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin

if you need help about how to play, write here
e.g. to set a path for your selected hunter you need to hold SHIFT and right click on a place on map or hold CTRL + right click, the former set a streight path, the latter set a composite path (multiple destinations).
anyway ask if you need help, but first read the getting started guide http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/GettingStarted (even if it was based on an old release, it's still valid on the core concepts and on requisite you need to install before launching my client)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
billybob2014

Activity: 121
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:13:39 PM

I finally got synced and I can't seem to create a new player.  When I click new and put in my name it give me "Name Registration Failed"
"Error:  This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least .000 because of it's amount, complexity, or use of recently relieved funds"

I put 8 HUC in my wallet so there's coins to make a player but It just won't let me.  I've tried a bunch of different name in case my name was taken but same thing every time.  

I remember now this is why I didn't play in the beginning... I was getting this same error.  Any ideas?

What is your address? Also download the mi thrilled man client and play with that.  I will send you some coins.  10 to start a character

I'd chip a few for you as well! 
Wow thanks guys!  I thought it cost 1 coin + transaction fee to start...

HUC addy:  HPomwByefyyJLkpn7s4Xf2oYGGetRpDh2C

Sorry that was autocorrect.  Mithril.  Anyways I sent you a few coins.  They upped the fee to play a while back.

billybob2014

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:06:01 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 05:59:13 PM by billybob2014

So I think some changes should happen with the disaster.  I think the reason for it was to weaken the bots, but as we've seen bots benefit (maybe even more so than before) from diasasters since they have new players right away and can scoop up massive coins because they are ahead of everyone else.

One thing that could possibly help is randominzing when new characters spawn during the disaster blocks.   I might create a character  right at the disaster, but he might not appear until 25 blocks later, or he might appear within the next block or 2.  I think this would level the playing field and give humans a fair shot.

I've been in front of my computer and have created characters right as the disaster happened but I am still no match for the bots.

BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:12:19 PM

So I think some changes should happen with the disaster.  I think the reason for it was to weaken the bots, but as we've seen bots benefit (maybe even more so than before) from diasasters since they have new players right away and can scoop up massive coins because they are ahead of everyone else.

One thing that could possibly help is randominzing when new characters spawn during the disaster blocks.   I might create a character  right at the disaster, but he might now appear until 25 blocks later, or he might appear within the next block or 2.  I think this would level the playing field and give humans a fair shot.

I've been in front of my computer and have created characters right as the disaster happened but I am still no match for the bots.

I am only picking up 10-15 percent of the coins, the other bots thus so far are not being created with the 2-4 block advantage. Most of them are set to go into the center where there are plenty of coins to pick up if you can survive.

I think the group taking 90% of the coins everyday is a bigger problem as far as the game play goes.

More players are needed, or harder working players.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:20:40 PM

I finally got synced and I can't seem to create a new player.  When I click new and put in my name it give me "Name Registration Failed"
"Error:  This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least .000 because of it's amount, complexity, or use of recently relieved funds"

I put 8 HUC in my wallet so there's coins to make a player but It just won't let me.  I've tried a bunch of different name in case my name was taken but same thing every time.  

I remember now this is why I didn't play in the beginning... I was getting this same error.  Any ideas?

What is your address? Also download the mi thrilled man client and play with that.  I will send you some coins.  10 to start a character

I'd chip a few for you as well!  
Wow thanks guys!  I thought it cost 1 coin + transaction fee to start...

HUC addy:  HPomwByefyyJLkpn7s4Xf2oYGGetRpDh2C

I sent you 100 good sir.  Best of luck mining and if you have some luck or what not be sure to pass a few coins paying it forward Cheesy!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:43:15 PM

You guys are amazing.  Thank you so much.  I'll be sure to pass some forward if I can figure the game out   Wink

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
billybob2014

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:49:50 AM

One thing that could possibly help is randominzing when new characters spawn during the disaster blocks.   I might create a character  right at the disaster, but he might now appear until 25 blocks later, or he might appear within the next block or 2.  I think this would level the playing field and give humans a fair shot.

I am only picking up 10-15 percent of the coins, the other bots thus so far are not being created with the 2-4 block advantage. Most of them are set to go into the center where there are plenty of coins to pick up if you can survive.

I think the group taking 90% of the coins everyday is a bigger problem as far as the game play goes.

More players are needed, or harder working players.

BGB its nothing against you at all.  I just play for fun and try to look at the game from a human perspective that doesn't know how to program.  I created 10 new players right before the last disaster only to see them get killed and Bots scoop the coins up easily afterwards.  I have been playing for a while so no big deal, but if I was I newbie I'd probably be pissed.  I realize that bots are inevitable, but there are some tweaks that can level the playing field.  I just dont see the point of a disaster in its current state?  (shrug).   I think you are right though, we probably need more players too.  

tripppn

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:06:49 AM

Alright...

I'm having a great time playing the game but now I have a bunch of coin on my players and I can't figure out how to get them into my normal wallet.  HEPL!

I couldn't get that Mithril Client to work so Im using the normal wallet

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
BGB_HUC

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:05:29 AM

I have been playing for a while so no big deal, but if I was I newbie I'd probably be pissed.

It sounds like you attempted to go into the central area after the disaster.

I do agree, it's probably a tough start for the newbie, especially if they venture too far from the spawn or intend to have a player live more than a couple days without any automation.  

There needs to be an increase of multi players at once in order to diversify some of the player deaths to eliminate the control the group has. Having one newbie start, get killed, doesn't bode we'll when they have no vested interest yet.

It's mostly a numbers game I feel like right now. As long as you have one more char vs the area you are attacking, you stand a good chance to be successful. I know it is a little hypocritical for me to play down aggressive play as I have been very aggressive in the past, but I have been playing and building algos/strategies from the non-aggressive view point. It hasn't been real easy as once somebody decides they want to kill you, there is no escape. So you have to be very proactive in enemy detection and avoidance to keep that three tile buffer from a very long distance away. You have to be watching 50 moves in some cases in the future to keep that three tile buffer.
BGB_HUC

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:06:31 AM

Alright...

I'm having a great time playing the game but now I have a bunch of coin on my players and I can't figure out how to get them into my normal wallet.  HEPL!

You have to get to a spawn area to bank the coins into your wallet.
tripppn

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:10:37 AM

Alright...

You have to get to a spawn area to bank the coins into your wallet.

I'm assuming that's the corners and the middle area?  I know it's the corners but not sure about the mid area.

― Frank Zappa
BGB_HUC

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:39:55 AM

I'm assuming that's the corners and the middle area?  I know it's the corners but not sure about the mid area.

It is the corners only (colored tiles on outer edge). There are no player spawns in the middle.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:45:13 AM

It is the corners only (colored tiles on outer edge). There are no player spawns in the middle.

Take it back to the corners of your appropriate team. 

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
mez

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:29:19 AM

wallet wont sync further then block 52545:S

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 10:34:37 AM

what's your problem?
did you readed the getting started guide, about pre-requisite?
do you have the firewall blocking something?
what's your username? and your huntercoin version you downloaded?

starting guide here: http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/GettingStarted

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
billybob2014

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:26:29 PM

I have been playing for a while so no big deal, but if I was I newbie I'd probably be pissed.

It sounds like you attempted to go into the central area after the disaster.

I do agree, it's probably a tough start for the newbie, especially if they venture too far from the spawn or intend to have a player live more than a couple days without any automation.  

There needs to be an increase of multi players at once in order to diversify some of the player deaths to eliminate the control the group has. Having one newbie start, get killed, doesn't bode we'll when they have no vested interest yet.

It's mostly a numbers game I feel like right now. As long as you have one more char vs the area you are attacking, you stand a good chance to be successful. I know it is a little hypocritical for me to play down aggressive play as I have been very aggressive in the past, but I have been playing and building algos/strategies from the non-aggressive view point. It hasn't been real easy as once somebody decides they want to kill you, there is no escape. So you have to be very proactive in enemy detection and avoidance to keep that three tile buffer from a very long distance away. You have to be watching 50 moves in some cases in the future to keep that three tile buffer.

No I'm talking about before the disaster, most of my guys were  not far from home then disaster hit..  The bots then scooped up their coins after they died.   Like I said I dont care about that cause I'm way ahead, but if it was my first time playing and I just invested to create these characters I probably wouldn't be happy.  Just dont think the disaster in its current form really does anything positive for humans.

bigminner

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:30:37 PM

No I'm talking about before the disaster, most of my guys were  not far from home then disaster hit..  The bots then scooped up their coins after they died.   Like I said I dont care about that cause I'm way ahead, but if it was my first time playing and I just invested to create these characters I probably wouldn't be happy.  Just dont think the disaster in its current form really does anything positive for humans.
It's not worthy of remembering little coins lost in disaster in several days. You can  hold  more than 10 pools if you have time, which can produce nearly 500-1000 coins for one day, that is advantage of human over bots.
BGB_HUC

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:33:16 PM

It's not worthy of remembering little coins lost in disaster in several days. You can  hold  more than 10 pools if you have time, which can produce nearly 500-1000 coins for one day, that is advantage of human over bots.

I could never hold a coin area because I have limited time. But I have held coin areas with bots, so bots are easier for me. Just depends on your perspective. Bots can be there 24/7 (except when they have a double spend  Shocked ). A single human cannot.
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 02:41:14 PM

I'm planning to update the chain download on http://chain.huntercoin.org/ to a current one.  I would also like to use the new nameindex pruning on it.  Are there any objections to this?  This will probably require users to have the current version installed, otherwise weird things may happen.  Also, using the pruned chain, it won't be possible to use the "name_history" command to show history back to genesis.  If you want to do that for whatever reason, you have to sync yourself - but I think that's fine, since this is nothing new players want to do anyway.

So:  Is everyone fine with updating to a pruned chain download during the next week or so?  Please let me know now if you think I should wait with this a little longer.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 03:28:07 PM

I'm planning to update the chain download on http://chain.huntercoin.org/ to a current one.  I would also like to use the new nameindex pruning on it.  Are there any objections to this?  This will probably require users to have the current version installed, otherwise weird things may happen.  Also, using the pruned chain, it won't be possible to use the "name_history" command to show history back to genesis.  If you want to do that for whatever reason, you have to sync yourself - but I think that's fine, since this is nothing new players want to do anyway.

So:  Is everyone fine with updating to a pruned chain download during the next week or so?  Please let me know now if you think I should wait with this a little longer.

would be possible to add some info into the blockchain, like the last client version that generated it, in order to prevent someone from using a wrong client version?
i mean that if your write the current client version into blockchain in future client release, it would be possible to do that check

about your question i think it's better this time to have the old version, in case the new one has problems/bugs, doesn't sounds fine?

Pages: « 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: