Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 03:23:20 PM

I'm not BGB.  Actually after new rules of creating one general with 10 HUCs, the bots is totally suppressed. Then price will rise after bots are weakened? NO, the price is lower and lower.

false, there are a lot of bots, but are collectors (so they stand still near mining pools and go where a coin spawn then go back when bags are full
what's disappeared are aggressive bots, but it's a matter of time before they'll come back i think

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:30:37 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 03:50:30 PM by BGB_HUC

What I find interesting is I have been using the name reservation for many disasters and nobody has commented until I throw BGB out there in the name Tongue. These bots also compute the best optimal path to gather the most coins at the coin areas. The disaster did catch me by surprise as I had just finished the code to more open area coin gathering, but hadn't compiled it yet, so I have issued a few manual commands to pick up some extra ones.

I have almost been only playing disasters (except testing other functionality) since getting the head start and not having to deal with the fighting has been fine with me.

edit:

In addition, my disaster bots have only been playing within 250 blocks of their spawn. Once 24X blocks are reached, they will turn around and go back to spawn and I will recycle them to wait for the next disaster. I don't have the will or time to control the bots manually towards the center at this point. Grabbing the easy coins ones are fine. I pulled in anywhere from 1000-10000 coins from a disaster doing this. Which is why I am always plugging for the random disaster. Smiley
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 03:51:54 PM

What I find interesting is I have been using the name reservation for many disasters and nobody has commented until I throw BGB out there in the name Tongue. These bots also compute the best optimal path to gather the most coins at the coin areas. The disaster did catch me by surprise as I had just finished the code to more open area coin gathering, but hadn't compiled it yet, so I have issued a few manual commands to pick up some extra ones.

I have almost been only playing disasters (except testing other functionality) since getting the head start and not having to deal with the fighting has been fine with me.

well, this has been the first disaster that i've seen happening, so this is why you see this discussion now Cheesy
btw you have done a good job with the bot, i've seen that you avoid coins that slow you down, to keep you ahead of others (and this is a chance for latecomers, to take some breadcrumb like me this time Cheesy

and you confirm what i though, some command were issued by hand, I've noticed some manouvers that let me thought that

anyway nothing versus you, you are using what's available as RPC commands, etc..., i was just pointing out that's unfair to expose name reservation but not include that into game client logic

and can you confirm me that your bot stop when reach middle are and then turn back? you collect just safe coins?

P.S.
i hate your BGB-05-1-Y.0 Cheesy

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
BGB_HUC

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:04:23 PM

and can you confirm me that your bot stop when reach middle are and then turn back? you collect just safe coins?

Yes just the coins on the perimiter. They will soon turn back to spawn and recycle, then rinse and repeat...

I am working on some much more sophisticated gathering bots to start handling the guarding of the perimeter spawn areas. They will start showing up slowly in the next few weeks.

Neo2001

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:16:27 PM

FVCK THIS $HIT!
I have just damaged my 4th game wallet probably because I did 2 moves at the same time and 1 player was killed:
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=123.0
I tried to remove all pending transactions and to run huntercoin with -rescan parameter, but it does not help. My wallet is simply unusable, I cannot do anything. I remember that a few versions ago there was a warning dialog: "Transaction rejected, coins already spend.", now nothing: transaction broadcasted, but pending for ever!
Can I do anything to recover my wallet? Will this issue be fixed soon?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:34:49 PM

Are there people interested in working for 0.1 usd per day? A few tens of thousands of people die every day in the world from hunger, lack of even rice. Those people of course will not be interested e.g. will not have access to computers etc. But a notch above them are hundreds of millions of people, many with access to simple computers. If income were available in this form, in a language that could be explained easily, such as a game, ngo's would quickly step in to provide cheap computers.

We need to find a way to get computers to those people who would be interested in working for .1 usd a day. 

I would love to see Huntercoin grow and help expand computers to people who need them/need jobs.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BGB_HUC

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:36:48 PM

I have just damaged my 4th game wallet probably because I did 2 moves at the same time and 1 player was killed:
I tried to remove all pending transactions and to run huntercoin with -rescan parameter, but it does not help. My wallet is simply unusable, I cannot do anything. I remember that a few versions ago there was a warning dialog: "Transaction rejected, coins already spend.", now nothing: transaction broadcasted, but pending for ever!

nice first post...  Roll Eyes

If its getting the coins out of the wallet, then yes, you can still do that. There are quite a few suggestions in the thread you pointed out...

If it is gaming with that wallet... I would probably trash it (after sending the coins to a new wallet) and start with a fresh wallet.

Hopefully you have saved the other 'damaged' wallets so you can get the coins out of there to if you had some.

If you are still stuck and want to trust somebody and want the coins ouf of them, there are a few people on this forum that may be willing to extract the coins and send them to another one of your wallets I am sure. I would be willing. We know this is frustrating, especially for the newcomer (we have all been there). Hopefully domob will come up with a solution.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:21:49 PM

Any pools I can point my sha to to mine some HUC?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Neo2001

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:41:45 PM

If its getting the coins out of the wallet, then yes, you can still do that. There are quite a few suggestions in the thread you pointed out...

If it is gaming with that wallet... I would probably trash it (after sending the coins to a new wallet) and start with a fresh wallet.

Hopefully you have saved the other 'damaged' wallets so you can get the coins out of there to if you had some.

If you are still stuck and want to trust somebody and want the coins ouf of them, there are a few people on this forum that may be willing to extract the coins and send them to another one of your wallets I am sure. I would be willing. We know this is frustrating, especially for the newcomer (we have all been there). Hopefully domob will come up with a solution.

I'm not a newcomer, I play and observe Huntercoin since beginning, I messaged you in April. I'm sorry for using dirty tongue, but losing about 500HUC in a 2-3 days partially because of ever-pending transactions is really frustrating. I have one question: using -rescan command checks for changes of all addresses in a wallet since the genesis block, so why my wallet is still damaged after rescanning?
I also tried to use the command "listaddressgroupings" and dump&import the address with coins into a new wallet ... without a success - coins (and dead players in transaction history) reappeared in the new wallet, but they're still unspendable, why?
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:58:27 PM

I'm not a newcomer, I play and observe Huntercoin since beginning, I messaged you in April. I'm sorry for using dirty tongue, but losing about 500HUC in a 2-3 days partially because of ever-pending transactions is really frustrating. I have one question: using -rescan command checks for changes of all addresses in a wallet since the genesis block, so why my wallet is still damaged after rescanning?
I also tried to use the command "listaddressgroupings" and dump&import the address with coins into a new wallet ... without a success - coins (and dead players in transaction history) reappeared in the new wallet, but they're still unspendable, why?

use a backup.
or/and
also try name_clean command

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 10:18:47 PM

Any pools I can point my sha to to mine some HUC?

F2Pool and a few more I believe.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 03:38:42 AM

I've been playing huntercoin in the first weeks. I want to try it again now. Is it possible to play it now by hands? Or only bots rule the game now?
And another question, what is the blockchain size now? Were there any hardforks? Do i need just to run new client or something else? I had like 300 hucs in my wallet when i've stopped playing. Are they still there or game was reset or something?

thx

tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 04:06:52 AM

Im trying to get synced up and my blockchain is up to 12GB with 5 days left to go.  Even with the bootstrap this is annoyingly long sync.  Been going 24hrs with the bootstrap....  I just wanna play the game!!!   Cry

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
merlin0113

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:44:39 AM

I haven't checked on HUC in months (though I still own a portion), so it's good to see that development is still ongoing. I like this little coin a lot, and wish it could get a little more love.

So I wanted to let you all know about a project initiated by James/jl777, who is a key (not core) Nxt developer, and a core BTCD developer, called Supernetwork (superNET). It's too complicated for me to describe in detail, but this is from the OP:

"This is the network that will be created by joining all the participating coins into a single unified network. Each coin will of course continue to operate normally, but there will be an option to use any of the services that are available in the Supernetwork. Each coin that joins the network makes it bigger and also adds its unique tech that is then crossmarketed to all the other nodes."

Please read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0

I think this offers an opportunity for much greater exposure. Of course, maybe that isn't what you want right now, while you're still solving critical issues. But maybe some attention would help.

From what I read, James is only going to sign up coins that bring something innovative to the crypto world, and Huntercoin certainly satisfies that requirement.

This is not just another exchange listing, but offers a kind of interoperability (from what I understand) among all the coins in the SuperNetwork. Please read more at the link above for the details.

Have you got any responses from Snailbrain? I feel very positive of your kind suggestion, as well with your comment on huntercoin.
Baird Ben

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:51:33 AM

does dev have any good news or updates?
tripppn

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 05:57:47 AM

I finally got synced and I can't seem to create a new player.  When I click new and put in my name it give me "Name Registration Failed"
"Error:  This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least .000 because of it's amount, complexity, or use of recently relieved funds"

I put 8 HUC in my wallet so there's coins to make a player but It just won't let me.  I've tried a bunch of different name in case my name was taken but same thing every time. 

I remember now this is why I didn't play in the beginning... I was getting this same error.  Any ideas?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
merlin0113

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:26:32 AM

I finally got synced and I can't seem to create a new player.  When I click new and put in my name it give me "Name Registration Failed"
"Error:  This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least .000 because of it's amount, complexity, or use of recently relieved funds"

I put 8 HUC in my wallet so there's coins to make a player but It just won't let me.  I've tried a bunch of different name in case my name was taken but same thing every time. 

I remember now this is why I didn't play in the beginning... I was getting this same error.  Any ideas?

You need at least 10.01 HUC to start with one player. Besides it will cost you at least 0.01 HUC every move you make.
billybob2014

Activity: 121
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:27:32 AM

I finally got synced and I can't seem to create a new player.  When I click new and put in my name it give me "Name Registration Failed"
"Error:  This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least .000 because of it's amount, complexity, or use of recently relieved funds"

I put 8 HUC in my wallet so there's coins to make a player but It just won't let me.  I've tried a bunch of different name in case my name was taken but same thing every time.  

I remember now this is why I didn't play in the beginning... I was getting this same error.  Any ideas?

What is your address? Also download the mithril man client and play with that.  I will send you some coins.  10 to start a character

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 08:35:48 AM

I finally got synced and I can't seem to create a new player.  When I click new and put in my name it give me "Name Registration Failed"
"Error:  This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least .000 because of it's amount, complexity, or use of recently relieved funds"

I put 8 HUC in my wallet so there's coins to make a player but It just won't let me.  I've tried a bunch of different name in case my name was taken but same thing every time.  

I remember now this is why I didn't play in the beginning... I was getting this same error.  Any ideas?

What is your address? Also download the mi thrilled man client and play with that.  I will send you some coins.  10 to start a character

I'd chip a few for you as well! 

tripppn

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 09:17:47 AM

What is your address? Also download the mi thrilled man client and play with that.  I will send you some coins.  10 to start a character

I'd chip a few for you as well! 
Wow thanks guys!  I thought it cost 1 coin + transaction fee to start...
And where can I get the "mi thrilled man client"?

HUC addy:  HPomwByefyyJLkpn7s4Xf2oYGGetRpDh2C

― Frank Zappa
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: