Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:12:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879148 times)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 03:49:12 AM

when wil lthe final coin that HUC was just a tet for be online?

This is where Snailbrain kind of did a shit job marketing his idea. Respectfully of course.

Their game is something totally different than HUC.  HUC is the final crypto currency wise, but you might be able to use it in the other game (who knows I believe Snail left this question open..)  I believe the focus is on HUC atm then when it is running smooth they will build their other game that is more technical that HUC.

HUC is for the every day.  Other world is more complicated is the end goal as i understand it.

Common shares coins  and Preferred shares coins.

I see buying and selling Huntercoins just like trading mining equipment tbh! Just no ASIC surprises.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:48:05 AM

Taking a crack at getting HUC ME up n running.... Nervous Cheesy

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 09:51:40 AM

Taking a crack at getting HUC ME up n running.... Nervous Cheesy

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/GettingStarted

you have to be sure no QT open, then just configure in my settings screen the path where you have huntercoind.exe and if you didn't have set previously other RPC settings or other odd things in your %appdata%\Huntercoin\huntercoin.conf just run and wait it end to synchronize

tell me what's your problem and i'll solve it Cheesy

if you haven't an instance of qt or daemon running, it should be straightforward and you should see the current daemon advancing it's status

if you instead see "Waiting for daemon response" or something like that (now i don't have the client in front of my eyes) then you probably have a running daemon/qt (or maybe firewall block access)

note that if you leave checked "kill daemon on exit" it could take 2 or 3 minutes for huntercoind.exe to stops, so if you restart the client you could have to wait a bit with the "waiting blablabla" message because it's not responding (it's normal, i don't know why daemon/qt takes so long to close tho)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 10:01:46 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 10:29:46 AM by BayAreaCoins

Then she stops working.

Mirth I'd almost pay to share my screen with you to help set up Cheesy I got all the shit downloaded needed I believe.

When I run from your client it just says "Restarting daemon..."

BTW your shit is ubber sick gj u

Edit:

Give up Sad

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 10:32:16 AM

Then she stops working.

Mirth I'd almost pay to share my screen with you to help set up Cheesy I got all the shit downloaded needed I believe.

When I run from your client it just says "Restarting daemon..."

BTW your shit is ubber sick gj u

Edit:

Give up Sad

that's not my client fault, that's a daemon error, don't know what the problem is, need to see debug.log you can see in %appdata%/Huntercoin
If you have remote desktop enabled i could try to see what's wrong (or use some other software)

p.s.
when you see restarting daemon, it's because it has a race condition. anyway it seems to me that you started the qt wallet, you don't have to do that, close everything and let my client launch what it need
to be sure, just restart your pc and launch my client

P.S.
did you tried downloading blockchain from http://chain.huntercoin.org and replace your old one? i tried looking at huntercoin code https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/blob/58f28d41a6f9cdac6aa8cf9d1ece463b0797ce8d/src/main.h and it seems you are running an old version of the chain, but i'm not sure, could just be a bitcoin copy&paste, domob should know what the problem is

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 10:51:28 AM

that's not my client fault, that's a daemon error

Your client is great bud I wasn't saying anything bad it Cheesy

It is my computer kills after a day of joints and @ 4am that blows... I'm just going to redo all of it all.

Mirth,

I'm just wondering why you don't get your stuff where people can log in and play without all the technical shit.  I liked the making a account part, but if it could just go into the game from there Cheesy

Would that be costly on the owners end? 

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 10:57:06 AM

Got another possible service. Picking up HUC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723023.msg8937217#msg8937217

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:00:26 AM

note that if you leave checked "kill daemon on exit" it could take 2 or 3 minutes for huntercoind.exe to stops, so if you restart the client you could have to wait a bit with the "waiting blablabla" message because it's not responding (it's normal, i don't know why daemon/qt takes so long to close tho)
That's because the BDB database (mostly blkindex.dat) is somehow rewritten to make it portable on close.  Not sure why this is necessary, but it is how BDB works.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:01:03 AM

that's not my client fault, that's a daemon error

Your client is great bud I wasn't saying anything bad it Cheesy

It is my computer kills after a day of joints and @ 4am that blows... I'm just going to redo all of it all.

Mirth,

I'm just wondering why you don't get your stuff where people can log in and play without all the technical shit.  I liked the making a account part, but if it could just go into the game from there Cheesy

Would that be costly on the owners end? 

I know you wern't saying anything bad, i was just pointing out that i don't know the real cause of that problem Smiley

about your request, there are at the moment too much technical difficulties to run a centralized version and anyway snailbrain has planned it and i don't want to go in competition, I'll do an android app to command a remote client, but i won't do a complete phone or web app, that's up to snailbrain (and btw i don't belive a phone app would contain as much feature as mine, it's a simple but at the same "complicated" game that need a lot of information visualized and PC setup for this is the best, but phone app could be an handy and good way to remotely do actions (i've in mind an app to receive notifications, and set/change behaviours remotely on any hunter of your troop).
this anyway require a running mithril edition somewhere, so you need anyway to setup it... BUT... an idea would be to host a remote daemon (my client just need an address/port to communicate to a daemon) that would host your game wallet, so technically if you have a VPS somewhere that can be used to host a running daemon, you could then connect to that daemon from another postation.. anyway you would have the limit to run just one wallet so you can't share it with others, unlucky there isn't a daemon that handle multi wallet :/ (would be nice tho...)

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:02:05 AM

That's because the BDB database (mostly blkindex.dat) is somehow rewritten to make it portable on close.  Not sure why this is necessary, but it is how BDB works.

ok thanks
(damn BDB!)

domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:02:30 AM

that's not my client fault, that's a daemon error, don't know what the problem is, need to see debug.log you can see in %appdata%/Huntercoin
If you have remote desktop enabled i could try to see what's wrong (or use some other software)

p.s.
when you see restarting daemon, it's because it has a race condition. anyway it seems to me that you started the qt wallet, you don't have to do that, close everything and let my client launch what it need
to be sure, just restart your pc and launch my client

P.S.
did you tried downloading blockchain from http://chain.huntercoin.org and replace your old one? i tried looking at huntercoin code https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/blob/58f28d41a6f9cdac6aa8cf9d1ece463b0797ce8d/src/main.h and it seems you are running an old version of the chain, but i'm not sure, could just be a bitcoin copy&paste, domob should know what the problem is

Just a guess, but did you maybe update only huntercoin-qt.exe and not huntercoind.exe during one of the latest updates?  Can you start huntercoind.exe manually from a command-line?

Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:07:17 AM

Just a guess, but did you maybe update only huntercoin-qt.exe and not huntercoind.exe during one of the latest updates?  Can you start huntercoind.exe manually from a command-line?

looking at dates and size of the exe i'd say he updated everything (file sizes match with mine)

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:08:25 PM

https://join.me/331-538-357

I'll just wait for further development I guess.

Trying on a different computer too.

So when I download the HUC from the chain site to I just put the .tar.gz into the HUC folder too or will HUC just see that I have it automatically or do I have to DL a file to uncompress the .tar?

sorry was at lunch break
you need to unzip the tar in %appdata%\Huntercoin, just backup first your wallets.dat

if you can't uncompress .tar , http://www.7-zip.org/ is a nice program to do that (i told .zip was better  Grin )

if you want i check your pc create another session and PM me (i don't have constantly the forum opened, i'm @ work)

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:31:32 PM

yesterday my ssd end its life because of power failure at home (@&%"£!%$£&**(@)
i lost 1000 hucs because i had a wallet backup old 2 weeks

ssd was an external drive with usb enclosure, anyone know if there is a way to recover data? windows see there is a drive but don't recognize it, i fear some hardware is broken :/

putting apart my jinx, i had to download blockchain from chain.huntercoin.org, a bit slow but done its job well, we could find some mirrors when more people will be interested in playing.
The problem arises when i tried to copy the files contained in the archive, to my final folder: don't know if it's only a window or 7zip issue, but i wasn't able to browse the other archive contained in the main archive (double compressed file), i needed first to uncompress the main file, then open the decompressed file to browse it and select files to extract.
In my case then it went worse, because i have TEMP dir set to a RAM Drive, and the program didn't allowed me to extract directly files from archive to final directory, but required to write to temp disk and there wasn't enough space, so i ended up extracting a file at a time.

@ domob: any chance just put just single compression? i know you hate windows but majority of pc users are on windows and it isn't really handy to have to decompress twice to be able to select files inside and move them to the final directory. anyway i think next time i'll download directly single files you provide on ftp, should be better.

thinking about it, i could try to implement an automation in my client to download blockchain in the ME folder, could be nice for first time users so i could autosetup settings and configure my client easily, yesterday i've been witness about how people find difficult to setup what the game requires (not just my client, but the whole huntercoin things).
The victim that's reading this forum know what i mean  Grin

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:17:31 PM

yesterday my ssd end its life because of power failure at home (@&%"£!%$£&**(@)
i lost 1000 hucs because i had a wallet backup old 2 weeks

ssd was an external drive with usb enclosure, anyone know if there is a way to recover data? windows see there is a drive but don't recognize it, i fear some hardware is broken :/

putting apart my jinx, i had to download blockchain from chain.huntercoin.org, a bit slow but done its job well, we could find some mirrors when more people will be interested in playing.
The problem arises when i tried to copy the files contained in the archive, to my final folder: don't know if it's only a window or 7zip issue, but i wasn't able to browse the other archive contained in the main archive (double compressed file), i needed first to uncompress the main file, then open the decompressed file to browse it and select files to extract.
In my case then it went worse, because i have TEMP dir set to a RAM Drive, and the program didn't allowed me to extract directly files from archive to final directory, but required to write to temp disk and there wasn't enough space, so i ended up extracting a file at a time.

@ domob: any chance just put just single compression? i know you hate windows but majority of pc users are on windows and it isn't really handy to have to decompress twice to be able to select files inside and move them to the final directory. anyway i think next time i'll download directly single files you provide on ftp, should be better.

thinking about it, i could try to implement an automation in my client to download blockchain in the ME folder, could be nice for first time users so i could autosetup settings and configure my client easily, yesterday i've been witness about how people find difficult to setup what the game requires (not just my client, but the whole huntercoin things).
The victim that's reading this forum know what i mean  Grin

It sounds like maybe just the controller died. There are companies that will recover data from ssd/flash, and only charge you if they recover, but it's probably not worth if for only 1000 HUC.
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 02:48:59 PM

It sounds like maybe just the controller died. There are companies that will recover data from ssd/flash, and only charge you if they recover, but it's probably not worth if for only 1000 HUC.

ye it's more about the frustration because a disaster was incoming and wanted to try it but... well, versus fate you always lose Cheesy
ssd had just few months, a kingstone v300, need to see if i can get a new one back (warranty)

I didn't thought ssd were so susceptible to power failures...

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 03:23:51 PM

ye it's more about the frustration because a disaster was incoming and wanted to try it but... well, versus fate you always lose Cheesy
ssd had just few months, a kingstone v300, need to see if i can get a new one back (warranty)

I didn't thought ssd were so susceptible to power failures...

Fuck I probably should have asked, but is the HUC address in your signature still good mirth...

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 04:05:09 PM

Fuck I probably should have asked, but is the HUC address in your signature still good mirth...

as far as i know yes, it's another wallet that has not been accessed from weeks, so no operations on that and so it's fine Smiley
will check later tho, it's almost all that i have lol

P.S.
are you the leet donor? Smiley
tyvm

domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:31:06 AM

Note that it is not "doubly compressed" - .tar is the "container format" (multiple files, directory structure and so on in a single "container file") and .gz is the compression.  I added compression with the latest chain download since it helps quite a bit (due to all the JSON strings in the blockchain).  This is a standard UNIX practice, and the tools I use can create and also extract those files in a single go.  Not sure why the Windows tools seem not to be able to do it.

But if you insist, I can also finally create the next update as .zip file... Wink

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 08:36:44 AM

Note that it is not "doubly compressed" - .tar is the "container format" (multiple files, directory structure and so on in a single "container file") and .gz is the compression.  I added compression with the latest chain download since it helps quite a bit (due to all the JSON strings in the blockchain).  This is a standard UNIX practice, and the tools I use can create and also extract those files in a single go.  Not sure why the Windows tools seem not to be able to do it.

But if you insist, I can also finally create the next update as .zip file... Wink

it seems a limit of 7Zip, i think that for small files it isn't a problem, but with big files it become an issue
here a post about the problem and a workaround http://www.npcglib.org/~stathis/blog/2012/05/27/windows-task-extracting-tar-gz-files-in-one-step-with-7-zip/
of course you can't ask to non teach ppl to mess with registry or other things, first rules for success: keep it simple Cheesy

I'm just reporting issues i see and people experience, consider me their voice lol, i know some persons had trouble and give up, that's what should be avoided and i think that if something is easily solved and can improve semplicity, then it should be achieved

P.S.
have you thought about implementing a commandline utility or something like that to download the blockchain from your ftp or a list of mirrors and ship it with huntercoin files?

Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: