Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:51:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
billybob2014

Activity: 121
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:47:21 PM

just downloaded my first new version in a while and also my first new verson of mithril man in a few versions.  Says rescanning for utxo set.  How long does that take?  i'm becoming an expert a huntersnake.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 04:55:39 PM

Whenever the blockchain format changed, versions were definitely bumped - this is actually one of the few places where it is necessary to do just that, and where the version actually counts (apart from your client finding out what the user is running).  I'll try to increment the version whenever something "relatively big" changes, but I won't do it for each and every merged pull request.  (Basically the "development version".)

I wasn't asking to to that for the developer version, but for official releases (so instead of a letter that goes nowhere)
When you are copying and pasting files over disks and different pc and you don't have a way to know what you are running, this IS a problem.

e.g:
does this version handle pruning nameindex?
does this version has the modified name_clean?
etc...
and get worse when you try to restore a downloaded blockchain on pc and you copy and past qt/daemon files just to discover that the version you ran was wrong and get runaway exceptions... and have to start over again, well, imagine the "feeling"

not everyone has the last version on their pc, compile on that pc, etc..., must think about the target of this coin/game: average pc users

what's the meaning of putting letter next to version, if that letter can't be seen anywhere?

ultimately I disagree about your post, but can deal with it (personally i faced the blockchain problem maybe twice but not a big issue for me)
anyway if even other people ask about it maybe it's something to think about (there aren't so much releases to get gray hair to change version imho)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 04:57:14 PM

just downloaded my first new version in a while and also my first new verson of mithril man in a few versions.  Says rescanning for utxo set.  How long does that take?  i'm becoming an expert a huntersnake.

it depend on setup, even some hours

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
billybob2014

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:03:55 PM

it depend on setup, even some hours

Took about 30 mins.

bigminner

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:45:56 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 01:32:13 AM by bigminner

Whenever the blockchain format changed, versions were definitely bumped - this is actually one of the few places where it is necessary to do just that, and where the version actually counts (apart from your client finding out what the user is running).  I'll try to increment the version whenever something "relatively big" changes, but I won't do it for each and every merged pull request.  (Basically the "development version".)

I wasn't asking to to that for the developer version, but for official releases (so instead of a letter that goes nowhere)
When you are copying and pasting files over disks and different pc and you don't have a way to know what you are running, this IS a problem.

e.g:
etc...
and get worse when you try to restore a downloaded blockchain on pc and you copy and past qt/daemon files just to discover that the version you ran was wrong and get runaway exceptions... and have to start over again, well, imagine the "feeling"

not everyone has the last version on their pc, compile on that pc, etc..., must think about the target of this coin/game: average pc users

what's the meaning of putting letter next to version, if that letter can't be seen anywhere?

ultimately I disagree about your post, but can deal with it (personally i faced the blockchain problem maybe twice but not a big issue for me)
anyway if even other people ask about it maybe it's something to think about (there aren't so much releases to get gray hair to change version imho)
You are all discussing the problem that is not important and not urgent. I think domob is busy pruning block chain and debugging pending problem, the tiny problem of version definition should not disturb him.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 12:13:00 AM

Whenever the blockchain format changed, versions were definitely bumped - this is actually one of the few places where it is necessary to do just that, and where the version actually counts (apart from your client finding out what the user is running).  I'll try to increment the version whenever something "relatively big" changes, but I won't do it for each and every merged pull request.  (Basically the "development version".)

e.g:
etc...

You are all discussing the problem that is not important and urgent. I think domob is busy pruning block chain and debugging pending problem, the tiny problem of version definition should not disturb him.

I had a quote pop up where Bitcoin talk ad's generally are yesterday of Satoshi.

Something to the effect that there can't be any bugs with software like this.  People will rely on this in the future as money, so it is important to tackle as many of these bugs as quick as possible together.

If you find something you think you can fix please post what you'd like as a bounty!

If there is going to be a instant play browser/cell phones who cares about the pruning Tongue this would just further encourage them to trust the browser ect! (although it all is important... just point out the browser maybe a bigger deal than pruning IMO)

Domob you keep it up man and keep on keeping on!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
mikeyfinn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:21:56 AM

note: the only premine I received was 12500 hucs, you can buy this for peanuts. Not sure why everyone keeps mentioning it Smiley (yet cost me $$$$ and 12+ months time)

this is what huntercoin looked like this time last year

UPDATE 15/09/14 >> 1.0.12
Fix for Pending Players (double spends) - won't be effective until the majority of relayers/miners/nodes upgrade. Auto uses name_clean and cleans memory pool of bad doublespends.
https://mega.co.nz/#!tJV1iBxS!OYnHxxHbI0l3-PcVDnTq9UWEUEcOnyXJh3S861a9PrA

ALL SHOULD UPDATE ASAP.

Please Donate to Domob to show your appreciate for the time he is spending coding for everyone (for both Namecoin and Huntercoin)

Haven't had a pending stuck all day!! Woohoo!!

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
billybob2014

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:42:17 AM

I had a quote pop up where Bitcoin talk ad's generally are yesterday of Satoshi.

Something to the effect that there can't be any bugs with software like this.  People will rely on this in the future as money, so it is important to tackle as many of these bugs as quick as possible together.

If you find something you think you can fix please post what you'd like as a bounty!

If there is going to be a instant play browser/cell phones who cares about the pruning Tongue this would just further encourage them to trust the browser ect! (although it all is important... just point out the browser maybe a bigger deal than pruning IMO)

Domob you keep it up man and keep on keeping on!

I think pruning is a big deal.  Especially since the apps etc are a little ways off.  I believe having a pruned blockchain help huntercoin become more decentralized? Might also get the attention of other developers?  Central server will be cool (and necessary) but making the blockchain available for everyone easily is great.

macbook-air

Activity: 324
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 08:17:13 AM

We are going to increase our huntercoin payout by 150%. For details, please see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700411.msg8840824#msg8840824

billybob2014

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:49:26 PM

I truly think Huntercoin is going to be that "thing" I was involved with (I am not a part of the dev) that really ended up being something that changed the world in a big way.  It will only be that way if everyone pitches in. No offense to Snailbrain or Domob, but I don't think they have what it takes to do it alone (not humanly possible for two people to take this as far as it could go alone + decentralized remember?)  

Honestly,  I wouldn't want to get carried around on the shoulder of anyone... I'm here to do my own damn thing in our little economy. I have a long term plan and it is hidden in my name.

I've been around a lot of "world changing" things or multi-billion dollar company bugs in my short 24yrs of life and I can honestly say that Huntercoin is the most exciting one I've ever been around.  Well maybe not the bug one, but that frankly just kind of freaked me out... $8 every click of a mouse.. like fucking magic wizard "the universe wants you to be rich... this might actually be heaven" type shit Cheesy)

I think HUC is a fun idea and everything. I support it (I don't play myself because its too much of a hassle right now, but I love the idea of a game on the blockchain), but I don't understand how it can be "world changing". Care you elaborate a little?

In my opinion if a coin comes out that is strictly human mineable i.e., one man hour per x coins, and cpu gpu are irrelevent, that coin will own the entire low end of the market in the developed world and will quickly push coins into emerging markets.

If huntercoin allows/uses bots to mine, basically giving unfair advantage to cheaters, it will be a dead coin.

I'm not interested in anyone's whiny rants about how they need to make more money than others, I'm just giving my opinion.

Cool opinion.  Either help make it better or come back in a year or 2.

unknownknown

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:43:50 PM

If huntercoin allows/uses bots to mine, basically giving unfair advantage to cheaters, it will be a dead coin.

Cool opinion.  Either help make it better or come back in a year or 2.

If a few people are going to remove the 'human mineable' aspect of the coin by promoting bots then the coin will not exist in a year.

More and more it looks like some are trying to create a short term advantage for themselves, make it so they can mine huge numbers with bots and so on, which destroys the coin in the long term.

I have ran up to 24 or more QT clients at the same time spread across multiple PCs. At that rate limiting to 20 each still gives me almost 500 bots.

If the coin is just a ruse for a few people to make money off investors, a short term project to pretend it is human mined when it mostly is not, then please be clear about it.

Can a person use bots to mine on multiple machines?

In other words is the 'human mineable' part just a scam to lure naive people in?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:56:02 PM

Cool opinion.  Either help make it better or come back in a year or 2.

If a few people are going to remove the 'human mineable' aspect of the coin by promoting bots then the coin will not exist in a year.

More and more it looks like some are trying to create a short term advantage for themselves, make it so they can mine huge numbers with bots and so on, which destroys the coin in the long term.

I have ran up to 24 or more QT clients at the same time spread across multiple PCs. At that rate limiting to 20 each still gives me almost 500 bots.

If the coin is just a ruse for a few people to make money off investors, a short term project to pretend it is human mined when it mostly is not, then please be clear about it.

In other words is the 'human mineable' part just a scam to lure naive people in?

I think you are a bit confused.

WoW gold is human mineable too, but you can bot it.  Same with Minecraft or any other game there is.

The game is specifically against cheating, so there can be no "cheaters".

You can log into a wallet and mine as a human. Humans will always be better than bots or more fingers to operate their mining co-op.  In other words for a developing country a group of 20-100 individuals could team together and seriously pwn these bots.  

If the botters are dumping all of their coins into the market they are essentially giving the right to mine to anyone.

Imagine if you could ONLY buy mining equipment for BTC with BTC... HUC is that way because you need the HUC in order to mine. It makes 0 shits what kind of mining technology comes out supporting the HUC network because you will always just need HUC.

The botters who are auto liquidating their coins are taking a risk at their future Huntercoin mining career.

Edit:

Note that I don't mine atm, but I have the right-to-mine.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:03:22 PM

Right now I would guess the game is about 90% human mined by some very dedicated players. They have the edge right now. Before block 255k it was the time of the bots, now its the time of the humans... Who knows what will be next... But if you are a human, now is a good time to play.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:55:23 PM

When you play Star Craft 2 -  you send your harvesters to harvest, they return to base and cash in, then they automatically go back to the harvest area..
Other units auto attack approaching enemies.

Is that a bot game?

What is needed is for everyone to have the above abilities - you can use BGB's harvesting bots for havesting, or use Domob's python framework..

or - pay someone to make something for you if you can't do it yourself..

otherwise - wait until more stuff is released, e.g. by BGB or Mithrilman or whomever

as BGb said, you can play as a human now - although the slowness means some automated stuff is definitely a good advantage Smiley

mikeyfinn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:50:10 PM

Having fun using mithrilman's client and a few guys with domob's bots. I wish i could code. I love the gather and runner bots, but i need a "guard" or "protect" bot badly. I always wanted to learn python......

Grin

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:51:29 AM

If a person can do that the coin is dead as far as being a currency. Not only does the mining algo lack the simplicity of other coins but also it draws people in under the guise of 'human mining' while a few key people set up bots to cash in.

Can anybody get in on the botfest? Sure. Will anybody? Few.

Very scammy.

Very myopic. The coin won't be mined out for 8 years (I think), and there's no block halvings or anything (I think), so it is basically constant emission for 8 years. It's the first coin of it's kind, and the devs are working (for free/small donations) to advance the game to the point that it can be played in a web browser or on an android phone. That is the ultimate goal, it's not there yet, but it's only been out for not even nine months. There's a long way to go, and it's totally not some instamine scam crapolacoin with rapid halvings or decreases in emission rate, there is linear emission for the entire 8 years (I think I think). I try and take a little bit longer view of what huntercoin can be.
billybob2014

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:02:09 AM

When you play Star Craft 2 -  you send your harvesters to harvest, they return to base and cash in, then they automatically go back to the harvest area..
Other units auto attack approaching enemies.

Is that a bot game?

What is needed is for everyone to have the above abilities - you can use BGB's harvesting bots for havesting, or use Domob's python framework..

or - pay someone to make something for you if you can't do it yourself..

otherwise - wait until more stuff is released, e.g. by BGB or Mithrilman or whomever

as BGb said, you can play as a human now - although the slowness means some automated stuff is definitely a good advantage Smiley

The basic point is that people can and do automate the huc mining using bots. There is not an interest among the developers to keep it a human mined coin.

You can argue back and forth etc but basically if bots are encouraged then the market cap is limited and the coin is not a good investment. It may be fun to play but allowing and encouraging bots means it is meant to profit a smaller group.

If a person can do that the coin is dead as far as being a currency. Not only does the mining algo lack the simplicity of other coins but also it draws people in under the guise of 'human mining' while a few key people set up bots to cash in.

Very scammy.

You cant avoid some bots, you need some bots even since the game is so slow, unless you want to watch the game 24 hours a day.  Everyone will have access to them.  Also I think humans will have the upper hand no matter how many bots are around, since there are so many ways you can attack them.  Huntercoin is one of the most innovative coins out there, go troll some other thread and stop wasting these people's time.  

billybob2014

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:03:15 AM

Very scammy.

Very myopic. The coin won't be mined out for 8 years (I think), and there's no block halvings or anything (I think), so it is basically constant emission for 8 years. It's the first coin of it's kind, and the devs are working (for free/small donations) to advance the game to the point that it can be played in a web browser or on an android phone. That is the ultimate goal, it's not there yet, but it's only been out for not even nine months. There's a long way to go, and it's totally not some instamine scam crapolacoin with rapid halvings or decreases in emission rate, there is linear emission for the entire 8 years (I think I think). I try and take a little bit longer view of what huntercoin can be.

I think the block halvings are every 4 years just like Bitcoin and will be mined out around the same time Bitcoin is.  Maybe snail can give his input.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:10:23 AM

Very scammy.

I think the block halvings are every 4 years just like Bitcoin and will be mined out around the same time Bitcoin is.  Maybe snail can give his input.

Hmm, I don't think it says that in the first post, but in any event, at a minimum we are still not even 25% of the way to a change in the block reward. The coin is still very early in its life, and there is no rapid reduction in rewards that would disproportionately reward early miners/players.
billybob2014

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:20:52 AM

Very scammy.

I think the block halvings are every 4 years just like Bitcoin and will be mined out around the same time Bitcoin is.  Maybe snail can give his input.

Hmm, I don't think it says that in the first post, but in any event, at a minimum we are still not even 25% of the way to a change in the block reward. The coin is still very early in its life, and there is no rapid reduction in rewards that would disproportionately reward early miners/players.

According to the faq on huntercoin.org .. halving every 4 years.

Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: