Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:05:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
bigminner

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:46:34 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 03:07:58 AM by bigminner

When you play Star Craft 2 -  you send your harvesters to harvest, they return to base and cash in, then they automatically go back to the harvest area..
Other units auto attack approaching enemies.

Is that a bot game?

What is needed is for everyone to have the above abilities - you can use BGB's harvesting bots for havesting, or use Domob's python framework..

or - pay someone to make something for you if you can't do it yourself..

otherwise - wait until more stuff is released, e.g. by BGB or Mithrilman or whomever

as BGb said, you can play as a human now - although the slowness means some automated stuff is definitely a good advantage Smiley

The basic point is that people can and do automate the huc mining using bots. There is not an interest among the developers to keep it a human mined coin.

You can argue back and forth etc but basically if bots are encouraged then the market cap is limited and the coin is not a good investment. It may be fun to play but allowing and encouraging bots means it is meant to profit a smaller group.

I have ran up to 24 or more QT clients at the same time spread across multiple PCs. At that rate limiting to 20 each still gives me almost 500 bots.

If a person can do that the coin is dead as far as being a currency. Not only does the mining algo lack the simplicity of other coins but also it draws people in under the guise of 'human mining' while a few key people set up bots to cash in.

Can anybody get in on the botfest? Sure. Will anybody? Few.

Very scammy.
You are wrong. Currently there are more than 95% of the coins on map are mined by hand, not by bots. But the price is only 1/4 or 1/5 of the price of June, when the bot mine more coins than human. As I know, some people with powerful bots have not sell their coins, because the cost of dev bots is far more higher than price of coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 05:37:19 AM

If a person can do that the coin is dead as far as being a currency. Not only does the mining algo lack the simplicity of other coins but also it draws people in under the guise of 'human mining' while a few key people set up bots to cash in.

Very scammy.

Very myopic. The coin won't be mined out for 8 years (I think), and there's no block halvings or anything (I think), so it is basically constant emission for 8 years. It's the first coin of it's kind, and the devs are working (for free/small donations) to advance the game to the point that it can be played in a web browser or on an android phone. That is the ultimate goal, it's not there yet, but it's only been out for not even nine months. There's a long way to go, and it's totally not some instamine scam crapolacoin with rapid halvings or decreases in emission rate, there is linear emission for the entire 8 years (I think I think). I try and take a little bit longer view of what huntercoin can be.

I think the block halvings are every 4 years just like Bitcoin and will be mined out around the same time Bitcoin is.  Maybe snail can give his input.

Yes, that's true.  Reward halvings will be every 4 years (2,100,000 blocks, I think, but I haven't checked the source right now).  The total will be 42,000,000 coins (minus some that are lost when the crown is on the ground, and I think plus the premine of 85k - most of which have also been lost).

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:45:23 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 04:01:00 PM by snailbrain

When you play Star Craft 2 -  you send your harvesters to harvest, they return to base and cash in, then they automatically go back to the harvest area..
Other units auto attack approaching enemies.

Is that a bot game?

What is needed is for everyone to have the above abilities - you can use BGB's harvesting bots for havesting, or use Domob's python framework..

or - pay someone to make something for you if you can't do it yourself..

otherwise - wait until more stuff is released, e.g. by BGB or Mithrilman or whomever

as BGb said, you can play as a human now - although the slowness means some automated stuff is definitely a good advantage Smiley

The basic point is that people can and do automate the huc mining using bots. There is not an interest among the developers to keep it a human mined coin.

You can argue back and forth etc but basically if bots are encouraged then the market cap is limited and the coin is not a good investment. It may be fun to play but allowing and encouraging bots means it is meant to profit a smaller group.

I have ran up to 24 or more QT clients at the same time spread across multiple PCs. At that rate limiting to 20 each still gives me almost 500 bots.

Very scammy.

you will send a bot to get your groceries one day. It's inevitable. No matter what you do you cannot stop them, anything a human can do a computer can/will be able to do - the OP before release pointed this out.

you could say it would be scammy If myself and domob had some bot armies - we don't ..

The aim is for everyone to have the ability to control, in a semi automated fashion (similar to RTS), as many hunters as they want, each following different rules (attack, harvest, guard etc)..
Also so accessibility is easy for everyone (pruning/lite clients) - more human players - more team work (teams/guilds).

Probably MithrilMans client will be the first one to do this - that is, if you are too lazy to make something yourself using the tools already released for this purpose.

Not sure how you think we can click our fingers and have everything ready for you - be patient or do something yourself .. don't be silly

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 04:19:02 PM

this weekend i should release a new version

at least will have 2 basic bots available, one to collect and one to seek out heart
I'll explain all in detail when i've time, anyway the client would integrate a nice interface to configure, set and manage behaviours attached to hunters and would be really fun to play with (behaviours will be easily toggled disabled to allow manual manoeuvring)

improved and advanced behaviours will be released later and would be easy to deploy (drop a file in a folder!)

current release will have even an Installer to easy install process and i've changed some path to be easier to backup important files

more details in few days (If I'll have time I'll finish the "chat room creation" feature too, so people can create chat room (with optional password) to form teams and coordinate (first step of my plan to implement guild management in the client!)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1245

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 10:06:18 PM

We need a auto hunter bot so that people with a lot of coins can camp spawns n such.

Like just super aggressive mofos Cheesy

What kind of HUC bounty would this cost?

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
billybob2014

Activity: 121
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:48:05 PM

This is why I think there should be very few hearts towards the middle of the game and more on the outskirts.  These guys already have the middle and are making bank, they then can collect all the hearts they want and harass the people on the outskirts with no extra investment.  I think it should be the other way around..  You are getting all those coins you don't need all those hearts... at least pay for some characters.  Give newbies a chance without very much extra investment.

These guys are moving into the red area at the moment.  Can't really do much except run away.  Undecided

billybob2014

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:51:55 PM

this weekend i should release a new version

at least will have 2 basic bots available, one to collect and one to seek out heart
I'll explain all in detail when i've time, anyway the client would integrate a nice interface to configure, set and manage behaviours attached to hunters and would be really fun to play with (behaviours will be easily toggled disabled to allow manual manoeuvring)

improved and advanced behaviours will be released later and would be easy to deploy (drop a file in a folder!)

current release will have even an Installer to easy install process and i've changed some path to be easier to backup important files

more details in few days (If I'll have time I'll finish the "chat room creation" feature too, so people can create chat room (with optional password) to form teams and coordinate (first step of my plan to implement guild management in the client!)

Looking forward to it man. Smiley

BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:15:18 PM

We need a auto hunter bot so that people with a lot of coins can camp spawns n such.

Like just super aggressive mofos Cheesy

What kind of HUC bounty would this cost?

A couple botters have these and are functioning in the game.
BGB_HUC

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:23:46 PM

This is why I think there should be very few hearts towards the middle of the game and more on the outskirts.  These guys already have the middle and are making bank, they then can collect all the hearts they want and harass the people on the outskirts with no extra investment.  I think it should be the other way around..  You are getting all those coins you don't need all those hearts... at least pay for some characters.  Give newbies a chance without very much extra investment.

These guys are moving into the red area at the moment.  Can't really do much except run away.  Undecided

The other element to this is its been a while for a disaster so characters have had a lot of time to really build up. I have has a few that are maxed out also by just picking them up on the outskirts. Some of it is luck. So at least in a few days everything will reset again, but I imagine the end result will be the same for this disaster cycle again... Hopefully things will change.

I still think the best change mentioned right now is limiting the number of coins per player to 100 or 200. This greatly influences into trying to seize large number of coins, ambushing, and the disaster rush.

After losing their big chunks to the last couple of disasters, I suspect the "group" will be waiting to move a lot of coins during the 1 day safe disaster period coming up. Maybe there will be 100s of players waiting to ambush them!!
billybob2014

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:25:17 PM

The other element to this is its been a while for a disaster so characters have had a lot of time to really build up. I have has a few that are maxed out also by just picking them up on the outskirts. Some of it is luck. So at least in a few days everything will reset again, but I imagine the end result will be the same for this disaster cycle again... Hopefully things will change.

I still think the best change mentioned right now is limiting the number of coins per player to 100 or 200. This greatly influences into trying to seize large number of coins, ambushing, and the disaster rush.

After losing their big chunks to the last couple of disasters, I suspect the "group" will be waiting to move a lot of coins during the 1 day safe disaster period coming up. Maybe there will be 100s of players waiting to ambush them!!

Yes I think 100-200 is a good number (150?).

domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:54:57 AM

@BAC:  If you propose a concrete strategy for which players to hunt (or how they should act in general), I can work on something for my Python script.  Feel free to contact me or start a thread on the HUC forum about the details!  Shouldn't be too hard to do and I'm willing to do it (donations welcome of course, but it won't cost you a fortune Wink).

Regarding carrying limit:  I think it could indeed be a good idea and am ready to implement it - but I would like to get snailbrain's input and ok for it first.

Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1245

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 06:08:50 AM

@BAC:  If you propose a concrete strategy for which players to hunt (or how they should act in general), I can work on something for my Python script.  Feel free to contact me or start a thread on the HUC forum about the details!  Shouldn't be too hard to do and I'm willing to do it (donations welcome of course, but it won't cost you a fortune Wink).

<3

Too cool Domob Cheesy tyvm. I'm still buying coins atm to make sure I have plenty of reserve coins for armys.  Just kind of seeing how the development goes and keeping a very very close eye on it as you know Cheesy

Please let me know if there is anything I can do as well.

I will of course ally with you.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 06:38:39 AM

@BAC:  If you propose a concrete strategy for which players to hunt (or how they should act in general), I can work on something for my Python script.  Feel free to contact me or start a thread on the HUC forum about the details!  Shouldn't be too hard to do and I'm willing to do it (donations welcome of course, but it won't cost you a fortune Wink).

<3

Too cool Domob Cheesy tyvm. I'm still buying coins atm to make sure I have plenty of reserve coins for armys.  Just kind of seeing how the development goes and keeping a very very close eye on it as you know Cheesy

Please let me know if there is anything I can do as well.

If you have concrete ideas about how those bots should behave, please describe them so I can implement it.  Note that I'm not planning to run any bots myself (besides the four players on testnet testing my gathering), I'll just provide the code.

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 08:54:50 AM

while you will implement the carrying limit, what about changing the max number of hunters a player can have? now it's 20, maybe 5 would be better to leverage the problem someone reported?

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 09:07:16 AM

while you will implement the carrying limit, what about changing the max number of hunters a player can have? now it's 20, maybe 5 would be better to leverage the problem someone reported?
I could do it - but please note the part that said that I would like to get snailbrain's and the wider community's ok before implementing the changes (as we would have to coordinate another hardfork, too).  So just put this up to discussion alongside the carrying limit.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:44:35 AM

I could do it - but please note the part that said that I would like to get snailbrain's and the wider community's ok before implementing the changes (as we would have to coordinate another hardfork, too).  So just put this up to discussion alongside the carrying limit.

Yes, we need to think about it a bit more..

but it sounds logical - and is how RTS games have been doing it since the beginning.

It will make it so there are trains/caravans going from central area - which is how it was original envisioned. Of course this happens now to some degree but not so much.

--

This probably will also make the crown even less valueable - The Crown needs some "buffing" - probably "no limit" even if they pickup coins.

Needs even more thought..

domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:19:01 AM

I've updated the chain snapshot at http://chain.huntercoin.org/.  It contains now a pruned chain and is compressed, the size is "only" 7.5 GiB.  The new snapshot is also available via FTP, where individual files can be downloaded as desired.  I will provide file signatures when I'm back at my main computer (where my GPG key is).

billybob2014

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:34:49 AM

Are you saying a single general can only collect 20 hearts?  I see some that are over that number.  The pic I posted they are in the 30s.  Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are talking about?

BGB_HUC

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:38:24 PM

This probably will also make the crown even less valueable - The Crown needs some "buffing" - probably "no limit" even if they pickup coins.

The crown should still be unlimited to increase its value. If the crown isn't being banked and instead destructed you'll need "x" players to bring them back based on the amount.
BGB_HUC

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:40:06 PM

Are you saying a single general can only collect 20 hearts?  I see some that are over that number.  The pic I posted they are in the 30s.  Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are talking about?

You can only have 20 characters max. The ".number" always increments. So when .1 gets killed, .21 player can be added. (number might be off not sure without looking at code if its 20 hearts with general or 20 hearts + 1 general, but i think that helps). If you have reached the max, the heart will remain on the tile as you pass over it.

I don't have much of an opinion on the max number. 20 actually can be hard to work with regarding bots because if you are gathering or attacking as a group, 1 needed move ties up all the rest in pending for a block or two. Which is something to consider if you are being attacked by a group of hearted players... if you can possibly stagger your attack/defense just right you might be able to catch some of their pendings.
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: