Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:43:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879143 times)
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 06:56:04 PM

FYI, i'm working on a side project linked somehow to huntercoin

I'm goint to create a stand alone game (in Unity, so should be played on Mac and Linux too), with the same huntercoin map/wiggi map as starting point, and "similar" rules, but not using any coins during alpha stage
Similar means that the game will remind somewhat current huntercoin game, but rules will be much different

So it will still be a turn based game, but centralized (i'll build a server to host game/rules) and turns will be fixed and faster, i think something like 20 seconds as a starting point.
I'm not sure if simulating the pending rules or not, i think that as a gameplay issue, pending moves ruins that, but at the same time i'd like to replicate current huntercoin environment because i'd like my game to be somewhat a playground to test new things before implementing them on huntercoin

Anyway my first (alpha) implementation will probably have these features (i'm not yet sure how much i want already change some core gameplay features right now):

- 20 seconds (fixed, no random time block) turns,
- same starting map or pickable wiggi alternative
- no pending moves, when you make your turn moves, the moves will be applied at the end of the turn (if you move in time of course)
- fixed hunters per player (not sure how much, maybe 6, but could change later)
- no fees (*1)
- ammo/weapon combat system, with cooldowns (*2)
- different kind of hunters, with different stats (*3)
- collectible items (ammo, armor, temporary buffs, and of course coins)

to play, you'll need Huntercoins to create characters and buy equipments, and game will have reward mechanics that will give you back huntercoins too, so a good player will be able to gain huntercoins while playing, this is another way I've though to support even more huntercoin. During alpha stage no coins will be needed, all will be virtual, but if things goes fine with the game, huntercoin integration will be the next move

*1)
no fees mean that, instead of spending 20 huc every destruct, it costs you nothing. Even moves fee are removed.
only cost (but not in alpha) will be for creating a hunter, or join a game that will let you start with all available hunters (I've still to balance mechanics so this is just an idea) anyway the goal will be the same as now:
collect coins on the map and fighting versus other players. Details about how to gain huntercoin will follow when I've found a balanced gameplay

*2)
to attack, an hunter need at least an ammo, and hit hunter can resist, based on their armor.
When a hunter is struck, he lose an armor point, when hunter goes to 0, the next time he's struck he die.
After an attack, a hunter can't attack for some amount of blocks (cooldown)

*3)
There are different kind of hunters and friendly fire is on, this mean that will be no yellow/red/blue/green, but every hunter can harm another, even if they are of the same type.
any kind of hunter have its own features: someone will have more ammos, someone more armor, and probably different speeds (one can move 1Tile per turn, other 2, etc.. but i'll start without adding too much, then adding during time new features)
Any different kind of hunter have different regeneration rates, so a hunter can have maximum 5 ammo and regeneration rate of 1 ammo every 6 blocks, but only maximum 2 armor with a regeneration of 1 armor every 15 blocks, and a cooldoown of 2 blocks, while another can have 3 ammo, 3 armor and a cooldown of 3 blocks, etc...

those are just example, need to find a balanced gameplay, but that's the reason of an alpha stage, just play, give feedback, change features/tweak stats and reiterate
I've not an ETA yet, I'm new to Unity and i'm learning it and the idea I have isn't easy, but I'm motivated and who know me know that this is enough to be confident Smiley
Will keep this forum updated as things goes on if interested.

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:46:11 PM

FYI, i'm working on a side project linked somehow to huntercoin

[...]
So it will still be a turn based game, but centralized (i'll build a server to host game/rules) and turns will be fixed and faster, i think something like 20 seconds as a starting point.
[...]

Anyway my first (alpha) implementation will probably have these features (i'm not yet sure how much i want already change some core gameplay features right now):

- 20 seconds (fixed, no random time block) turns,
- same starting map or pickable wiggi alternative
- no pending moves, when you make your turn moves, the moves will be applied at the end of the turn (if you move in time of course)
- fixed hunters per player (not sure how much, maybe 6, but could change later)
- no fees (*1)
- ammo/weapon combat system, with cooldowns (*2)
- different kind of hunters, with different stats (*3)
- collectible items (ammo, armor, temporary buffs, and of course coins)

[...]

those are just example, need to find a balanced gameplay, but that's the reason of an alpha stage, just play, give feedback, change features/tweak stats and reiterate
I've not an ETA yet, I'm new to Unity and i'm learning it and the idea I have isn't easy, but I'm motivated and who know me know that this is enough to be confident Smiley
Will keep this forum updated as things goes on if interested.

It looks like an important project.

To give an idea of the potential, look again at Neucoin, the first main potential competitor of Huntercoin.

Even though it is hugely premined, with ico etc
Even though the main dev is known for commercial ventures of questionable ethics (e.g. Jango.com)
Even though most of its features don't even work

~still~

It got free positive press on a scale few coins have gotten
http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/03/neucoin-is-a-new-cryptocurrency-designed-for-microtransactions/
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/neucoin-reaches-users-after-launch-of-facebook-game-and-jango-radio-1458231423
http://bitcoinist.net/neucoin-destroy-coins-projects/

And even now, with most people considering it a scam, it still has a solid market cap of $400,000. Liquidity is not great but a person could sell 6 btc down to 1/3 of the current bid, better than most coins. They received something like us$2 million in initial sponsors.

----

Neucoins biggest appeal was that it let people earn coins by playing an online game (Solitaire Racer) and similar things.

I'm sorry to always spam this thread, and I hope Mithril is taking the first positive step in developing Huntercoin as a more serious project, but let me copy something from Neucoin's website http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#freemium-distribution

"In today’s digital economy, offering a free entry-level service is key to easing consumers into a new consumer experience. [...] This has been a critical success factor for growth and conversion for premium consumer services like Dropbox, Skype, Viber, Whatsapp, Spotify, Candy Crush Saga.

NeuCoin’s distribution strategy enables it to fuel its marketing with freemium tokens (giving users a few free NeuCoin to get started). [...]

With NeuCoin, consumers can easily earn NeuCoins by investing their time and attention. It's analogous to Proof-of-Work miners investing computing power - only regular consumers can participate and earn rewards for doing something they enjoy. That's NeuCoin's path to millions of users.
NeuCoin's Radical Idea - Distribution as a Tool for Mass Adoption

NeuCoin's vision is distribution to ALL who create value and utility - to massive numbers of end users, to service providers like exchanges and payment processors, and to content creators that integrate NeuCoin as a means of microtransactions, like game developers, content publishers, musicians, photographers, filmmakers, writers, etc - along with the miners who secure the network.

This distribution approach offers a tremendous competitive advantage over virtual currencies like Bitcoin that are distributed only to miners, which are unable to encourage consumer adoption by giving users small numbers of tokens to easily try out.
How NOT to distribute a virtual currency - for free, in exchange for nothing

Simply handing out free tokens, aka "airdrops," whether to all the citizens in a country or the whole world, or to all Facebook or Twitter accounts, or to all holders of other cryptocurrencies - doesn't work. It just leads to the new recipients selling, exchanging or forgetting their new tokens, which to them are nothing more than funny money. Also, this kind of distribution leads to massive amounts of abuse from fraudsters using software robots or click farms to create multiple accounts and obtain more tokens in order to dump them.
How NOT to distribute a virtual currency - for free, in exchange for nothing

[...]

Investing time and attention doesn't mean a few quick clicks to collect a freebie. Rather, users may spend hours trying to win a game to get 5 cents worth of NeuCoins to spend on power-ups. [...]

This type of earning-by-using won't just prevent fraud, it also rewards people for doing something that they already like doing and gives them an even better experience - with no change in behavior. You wouldn't play the NeuCoin-integrated game just to earn the coins because the pay-outs are too small to be worth your time. But if you like the game anyway, you might play the NeuCoin version of Solitaire or Name-That-Tune instead of another one, so that you can earn some extra NeuCoins. Plus you might challenge your friend to a game, where the winner gets a couple of more coins. Especially if those NeuCoins can be used across multiple games, akin to airline miles.

This also makes it more attractive for service providers to integrate NeuCoin. They can use NeuCoin distribution as an added value and retention tool to reward their users for certain behaviors - spending more time on the site, logging in more often, inviting more players, watching more videos or ads, reading more articles, tweeting about or liking the service provider on Facebook, leaving comments, tipping content creators, etc.

Real engagement, real use, real value. Giving massive numbers of mainstream consumers their first crypto experience, earning and using "freemium" NeuCoins in a way that improves their online experience and makes them want to come back for more. That's how freemium distribution can lead to mass adoption."

Granted, the Neucoin spiel is utter marketing bullshit. Advertising schlock with no substance, as the games don't work, the wallets neither etc.

But Huntercoin has already been pursuing this distribution model, however poorly, and more importantly has a solid historical connection to the development of this kind of progressive distribution (Namecoin etc).

Huntercoin still may become one of the all time major cryptocurrencies. Mithril please look at realities of what people will actually play i.e., nobody wants to wait minutes for a character to move, and keep in mind the realities of any economy, i.e., distribution is key.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 09:43:13 PM

It's hard to make a game completely decentralized. There sre games out there tied to crypto that are more fun, none of them can claim to be doing that. Once Huntercore update is done we'll improve the gameplay, while other games will still be on Facebook's central server.

I don't think 1 minute block time will be a problem in the long run. Our intention is to create multiple worlds, so devs like MM and wiggi can run off in their own directions without conflict. They could do things like program hunters on their client to resolve combat via an action-oriented minigame. The game could occur on his server but be cryptographically verified on-chain. It would even be possible to code the game to run P2P, I think, layered overtop the Hunter chain

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:58:49 PM

Neucoins biggest appeal was that it let people earn coins by playing an online game (Solitaire Racer) and similar things.

From the articles, I liked the part where he lists the advantages of giving players only a pittance, so that selling is pointless (good for distribution) and botting would be pointless too (therefore no problem). Sure...  Grin

nobody wants to wait minutes for a character to move

the other extreme would be an high stakes arena within the normal Huntercoin map where moves are at glacial speed, and the rules much more complex. Like correspondence chess, 1 move per 24h. To cater to players who don't have too much time on their hands.

tharani

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 01:19:49 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2016, 01:39:29 PM by tharani

can somebody tell me briefly about how to ply the game why can't i register my name in the game and what is the chrono's showing up on my screen .Huh

how to move my charecters and get the coins.?

please explain in layman terms and leave out the technical stuff.

send me a message if you want your signature to be posted
wiggi

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 04:42:58 PM

can somebody tell me briefly about how to ply the game why can't i register my name in the game and what is the chrono's showing up on my screen .Huh

If you see chronos thats pretty good already. You have coins (>=2000 or so), and time (5 minutes per hour for 10 hours), chain is up to date (block 1232840),..whats the error msg when you can't register a name?

what kind of chrono's do you see? A "Destruct" and a "Go" button? Something changes if you click middle mouse button?

technical stuff: Wink

if on windows, consider running 2 nodes as described here (ignore the hardlink part unless out of disk space)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg14073077#msg14073077

And related because it's a potential trap for newbies:
To make sure that all backups are valid, use a wallet only as long as the number of normal transactions (coins sent) + the number of hunters created is less than 100.
(this is the answer to the "trick question", the normal 100 tx limit like with Bitcoin is also true for creating a new hunter)

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 11:42:23 PM

Which client are you using? MithrilMan is pretty good about walking people through things

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
tharani

Activity: 308

don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 06:47:36 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2016, 06:57:37 AM by tharani

If you see chronos thats pretty good already. You have coins (>=2000 or so), and time (5 minutes per hour for 10 hours), chain is up to date (block 1232840),..whats the error msg when you can't register a name?

what kind of chrono's do you see? A "Destruct" and a "Go" button? Something changes if you click middle mouse button?

the error i recieve is -

name_register is not yet available and the chronon glows in red sometime.

chronon- 27791 i guess so.

i cannot use the destruct and go button's since i cannot create a new player.

does this mean that i will be able to register once the wallet sync's ?

i am using the original huntercoin wallet client.

is chronon some type of coin Huh i heard that you need hunter coin balance to start mining.??

send me a message if you want your signature to be posted
wiggi

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:30:21 PM

the error i recieve is -

name_register is not yet available and the chronon glows in red sometime.

chronon- 27791 i guess so.

i cannot use the destruct and go button's since i cannot create a new player.

does this mean that i will be able to register once the wallet sync's ?

i am using the original huntercoin wallet client.

It's easiest to dl the complete chain from http://chain.huntercoin.org/ then copy the files over your existing, not fully updated chain.
This file is rather large, I used wxDownloadFastPortable on Windows. Make sure that none of the files is write-protected.
Then take a look at all 3 clients. (links in OP)

But the old Windows 1.3.01 release, or the GUI client built from source at http://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin,
is not one of them, it's more like a death trap. OP should be edited to clarify this.

is chronon some type of coin Huh i heard that you need hunter coin balance to start mining.??

chronon == block height
1 hunter == 205 HUC
1 destruct == 20 HUC
less than 20 rounds (400HUC) left == death wish

sorji

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:49:15 AM

Can we have hunter fee to 10 HUC or less
Make it as free game, then most people can make profit
Current rule and fee most player spent time but finally get killed and lost the coin once they join the game
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 06:58:54 AM

Current rule and fee most player spent time but finally get killed and lost the coin once they join the game

It's worth discussing. Originally the fee had to be raised because some bots took over the map. Maybe we could make a 1-time faucet for new players

wiggi

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 04:16:16 PM

It's worth discussing. Originally the fee had to be raised because some bots took over the map. Maybe we could make a 1-time faucet for new players

There was a short period in the past when you could, after disasters, race from the gates and loot the corpses of the dead for 10 coins each.
All along the way to the choke-points and back to base no one could kill you, so it was a peaceful but still competitive kind of noob arena.

wiggi

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:02:11 PM

New binary release... (link in readme on github as usual)

betterQt_readme_addendum.txt:
Code:
New: Hit+Run AI (20160523)
(no source release for auto attack logic)
=========================================

Purpose:
  - in thick melee (like 3 vs 3 in the center) it's better to keep focus on hunter positions and movement, and to leave
    the exact timing of "destruct" to the software.
  - attacking players will be less able to steal time and human attention

Set a single waypoint (grey line) to become this hunter's "Hit+Run point".
  The client will determine 1 out of 3 possible states:

"punch through"                            This hunter is cornered by the nearest enemy. Upon contact, the hunter
                                             will observe config:afk_ticks_hold, send destruct, and move to the Hit+Run point.

"hit+run"                                  Enemy is attacking us from a direction that allows to send destruct immediately,
                                             and move away from it to the Hit+Run point.

"cornered?"                                looks like a "punch through" situation, but not clear because the enemy is too far away

Any click on an unwalkable tile will clear the current Hit+Run point. However,
  it's (probably) never a disadvantage to have a Hit+Run point set, no matter the coordinates.

oku is not one of the mentioned evil players, but this would be a good the perfect place for showcasing...

Yay Smiley

Mithril once asked who would get the gem in case of 2 hunters on the tile. It's the one lower in the alphabetically sorted player list, in this case oku.

not that much one could do...

it's possible to set the Hit+Run point while a tx is still pending

no need to touch the destruct button at all

adventurers.txt:
Code:
HGSeTEV5Cbg83U67na9hs9stiU5sCTfHg9          oku4      1.00    -

oku4 will keep the gem (they can't be looted like this)
and can now do "dumpprivkey HGSeTEV5Cbg83U67na9hs9stiU5sCTfHg9" and
"importprivkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx oku4 false" in another wallet,
transfer another hunter to HGSeTEV5Cbg83U67na9hs9stiU5sCTfHg9 and collect more gems.

At the moment uses are limited:
-look better with the outfits
-feed Huc price once per week, shortly before every full 10k blocks
 (the reward equals ~10% yield because participation is so low. 10% per week)
-dump them in the auction for ~2.5k
-and there's now the highly experimental pegged chronoDollar

IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 01:04:45 PM

Hello all,

I like this idea, well done. Just a quick question - for merge mining using the daemon only, which repo should I be using:

https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin

or

https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore

Thanks.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:56:36 PM

Huntercoin supports merged mining with both SHA256 and Scrypt?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:09:34 PM

Dual algorithm SHA256 + Scrypt - Each algorithm has separate difficulty, both are targeting 2 minute block time and are merge-mineable

^from the first post in this thread
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:58:58 PM

Dual algorithm SHA256 + Scrypt - Each algorithm has separate difficulty, both are targeting 2 minute block time and are merge-mineable

^from the first post in this thread

Sorry, I swear that I read it and missed it!

Thank you anyway.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 11:14:38 PM

Wiggi's post made me wonder something... he said if two hunters land on a gem at the same time, the one who gets it is decided alphabetically. What happens in the main game if two hunters land on a coin at the same time? They each get half?

Interesting idea: give the gem/coins to the Hunter who has more life.

IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 07:49:24 AM

Hello all,

I like this idea, well done. Just a quick question - for merge mining using the daemon only, which repo should I be using:

or

Thanks.

Anyone?.........

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:24:55 PM

Hello all,

or

Thanks.

Anyone?.........

SnailBrain must be doing lame family stuff, so I inquired for you: use the chronokings/huntercoin repository. Domob's huntercore repo is experimental, currently being tested for mainnet release.

Pages: « 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: