Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:58:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2016, 04:49:09 PM

Guys,

when I try to start stratum with huntercoind I get this error:

2014-02-03 10:26:09,764 ERROR mining # CoinD does not support getblocktemplate!!! (time to upgrade.)

Can you support getblocktemplate, or is something else wrong?

namecoin/huntercoin does not have getblocktemplate

but, maybe there is some trick or patch - possibly some big btc pools have some idea - (with merged mining btc + nmc)

for now will have to wait - maybe will add in the future

There is... NMC I just installed has getblocktemplate... maybe you can check it out and update HUC?

https://github.com/UNOMP/namecoin-core

been 2 years now after all Wink

Not sure what you are talking about - Namecoin Core (whose official repository is not the one you linked) has getblocktemplate disabled, although we are thinking about re-enabling it.  We also already have an updated version of HUC, called Huntercoin Core.  Check out my posts a bit up in the thread about that.

Yes, I know the "official" NMC repo doesn't have it, hence why I didn't bother linking it. What I'm talking about is that fork has NMC patched and has getblocktemplate enabled. snailbrain said a couple years ago they didn't know how to do that and that NMC didn't. So now, I've shown a working NMC repo and thought I'd pass it along and ask that HUC do the same? I'd like it add it to my pool, but HUC needs updating...

Does Huntercoin Core have getblocktemplate?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2016, 04:57:17 PM

Yes, I know the "official" NMC repo doesn't have it, hence why I didn't bother linking it. What I'm talking about is that fork has NMC patched and has getblocktemplate enabled. snailbrain said a couple years ago they didn't know how to do that and that NMC didn't. So now, I've shown a working NMC repo and thought I'd pass it along and ask that HUC do the same? I'd like it add it to my pool, but HUC needs updating...

No.  The official Namecoin repository had getblocktemplate, but we decided to disable it due to compatibility issues with a planned upcoming fork and BIP9 (we decided to re-enable it "soon", but that has not yet been done).  The repo you linked to is outdated, and thus still has the "non disabled" getblocktemplate.

Huntercoin Core will do the same as Namecoin Core, which means that it currently does not have getblocktemplate but will have in a few weeks.  (With the caveat that you need to manually fix the returned blocks to be valid merge-mined blocks.)

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2016, 05:03:20 PM

No.  The official Namecoin repository had getblocktemplate, but we decided to disable it due to compatibility issues with a planned upcoming fork and BIP9 (we decided to re-enable it "soon", but that has not yet been done).  The repo you linked to is outdated, and thus still has the "non disabled" getblocktemplate.

Huntercoin Core will do the same as Namecoin Core, which means that it currently does not have getblocktemplate but will have in a few weeks.  (With the caveat that you need to manually fix the returned blocks to be valid merge-mined blocks.)

thnx

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 05:50:38 PM

This is a very interesting idea. Kind of like a game of life coin or something. Is it possible this could be implemented alongside HUC, or does it make more sense to launch a separate chain?

I think alongside HUC is much easier, so many parts are already in place.

The game will be at first very simple: 2 factions (zombies and zombie hunter), the latter must make a kill every X blocks to not starve, the former is defenseless but has no needs. Both can take gems if they find them (they will all be dumb like Doom monsters)

And...send coins to yourself, and the conjured monster appears on map like magic, without a (live) hunter Smiley (exact amount determines what kind, spawnpoint, and behavior tweaks)

I hope this can be up and working in a month, and then regularly updating it and making it more complex will be fun. Running alongside Huntercoin makes this less difficult, only players need to update. (and they can't be forced to because there is no cost to run a Huntercoin add-on like this)

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 05:54:38 PM

(*) the short in this case is a NPC (one with no visual representation in-game yet)
Code:
 CRD:GEM trader positions (chronon 1363027, mainnet)
 ---------------------------------------------------

hunter               chronoDollar   trade     trade  gems, not       long    bid    bid      ask     ask     short
storage vault key                    name          gems   position       price     P/L    at risk         risk    size   price    price   size    risk    flags

npc.marketmaker.zeSoKxK3rp3dX3it1Y   Sox'xiti    490.293      -210.00   0.0505    -1.296    458.187       0.00  205.00  0.0494  0.0515   94.00   30.60    bid: ok ask: ok

If you think about it, this could be the first AI in history who (and not just it's human masters) owns something, assuming code changes to steal his stuff are generally unacceptable, and Ether didn't have a bunch of these guys earlier.

This brings me to another question I've been meaning to ask, which is: where does the AI live? I feel that for us to consider it a truly autonomous entity, it must live on the blockchain, with its code in the messages or something like that (or another decentralized structure). I think it's good that we can use AI bots to make NPC characters to flesh out the Huntercoin world with, and that it's OK to have them on someone's computer/server until we can upgrade the core protocol further, but long-term we should want the world to be as decentralized as possible.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
merlin0113

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 01:34:04 PM

I played well when in early 2014 and hundreds of people enjoying the game. Really disappointed to see no one playing in the game after 2 years' "DEVELOPMENT".
wiggi

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 06:15:29 PM

This brings me to another question I've been meaning to ask, which is: where does the AI live? I feel that for us to consider it a truly autonomous entity, it must live on the blockchain, with its code in the messages or something like that (or another decentralized structure).

Yes, it lives on the blockchain, or rather, all its data is saved there. If you start with an empty gamestate and replay the entire blockchain, then the marketmaker will be in exactly the same state as before. (for any given block height) There's also no server or similar for it, all calculations are done by the Huntercoin node.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2016, 09:46:33 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2016, 11:43:40 PM by The Bitcoin Co-op

This brings me to another question I've been meaning to ask, which is: where does the AI live? I feel that for us to consider it a truly autonomous entity, it must live on the blockchain, with its code in the messages or something like that (or another decentralized structure).

Yes, it lives on the blockchain, or rather, all its data is saved there. If you start with an empty gamestate and replay the entire blockchain, then the marketmaker will be in exactly the same state as before. (for any given block height) There's also no server or similar for it, all calculations are done by the Huntercoin node.

That's awesome, then, but where on the blockchain? Are you just inserting little markers for your client to interpret? My initial worry would be that this would bloat the system if you had AIs of greater complexity. I assumed the bots which plague our map currently live off-chain, given the number of responses and behaviors they must be programmed with.

Even so, however, we can always update protocol later once Huntercore is sorted out. I think these will be the types of features we'll be focused on. We are going to need to get your client an easy-to-install GUI for everyone, though. No plain text files allowed, sorry Tongue

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
merlin0113

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 11:39:27 PM

If there is no one to play the game, then what is the meaning of changing the rules? As long as the blockchain can hold the capacity of players, the rules should aim to encourage people to play. Besides changing the game rules, pruning, bug fixing, etc. kind of job indeed very necessary and dev should get many credits because of it. They have been working all these for free after all.
wiggi

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

That's awesome, then, but where on the blockchain? Are you just inserting little markers for your client to interpret? My initial worry would be that this would bloat the system if you had AIs of greater complexity. I assumed the bots which plague our map currently live off-chain, given the number of responses and behaviors they must be programmed with.
The client only interprets the (blockchain chat) messages, and some regular "send coins" transactions. When I need "markers" then the method of choice is to have the client's open source code initialize gamestate variables at certain block heights. (to avoid preloading the gamestate with "secret" data)

Compared to the normal processing of tx's and game moves, there is no noticable performance impact.
(but betterQt client need an extra minute to start because the gamestate is pruned, would be 300MB to download if not)

I don't see any bot on the map, just human farmers (they probably use the stock version of Mithrilman's client)

If there is no one to play the game, then what is the meaning of changing the rules? As long as the blockchain can hold the capacity of players, the rules should aim to encourage people to play.
Yes, this is very necessary.

I can't do rule changes. Only Snailbrain can do rule changes.

So, things like gems, chronoDollar or the AI market maker just using the existing framework, which is rather flexible (but not enough).

Current game rules reward being relentless in such an extreme way that the economic metagame (plus some other things) has choked normal
gameplay. (If someone don't believe this, just go out and play for several hours, win most fights with a kill to death ratio of 2:1, then look at your bottom line, and then guess your opponents bottom line!)

Thats why the game rules need to change asap, pruning is nice but by itself won't change a thing.

If you had the power to change 5 rules (in a simple way), what would it be?

merlin0113

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:07:01 AM

The client only interprets the (blockchain chat) messages, and some regular "send coins" transactions. When I need "markers" then the method of choice is to have the client's open source code initialize gamestate variables at certain block heights. (to avoid preloading the gamestate with "secret" data)

Compared to the normal processing of tx's and game moves, there is no noticable performance impact.
(but betterQt client need an extra minute to start because the gamestate is pruned, would be 300MB to download if not)

I don't see any bot on the map, just human farmers (they probably use the stock version of Mithrilman's client)

If there is no one to play the game, then what is the meaning of changing the rules? As long as the blockchain can hold the capacity of players, the rules should aim to encourage people to play.
Yes, this is very necessary.

I can't do rule changes. Only Snailbrain can do rule changes.

So, things like gems, chronoDollar or the AI market maker just using the existing framework, which is rather flexible (but not enough).

Current game rules reward being relentless in such an extreme way that the economic metagame (plus some other things) has choked normal
gameplay. (If someone don't believe this, just go out and play for several hours, win most fights with a kill to death ratio of 2:1, then look at your bottom line, and then guess your opponents bottom line!)

Thats why the game rules need to change asap, pruning is nice but by itself won't change a thing.

Thank you and sorry for the complaints. Huntercoin is a crypto project, and the token HUC except those gained in the game also mined as the way like bitcoin. So I see HUC as a cryptocurrency. In crypto world, not only huntercoin, if dev team has ablity to change protocols at will but not on consensus(of miners, coin holders, gamers specific for huntercoin), whatever the changes is valid or not it's not important, will scare everyone away from the project. imo Snailbrain and the dev team are all decent people, that's a proven fact after all work they.have been done.

Maybe naive but I do think the possibility of changing rules back to state when the game was created. It's may not a wise decision but certainy a safe one. And a attitude of respect of consensus as well.
wiggi

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 06:12:14 PM

This is a very interesting idea. Kind of like a game of life coin or something. Is it possible this could be implemented alongside HUC, or does it make more sense to launch a separate chain?

It was pretty easy to set up the skeleton of a game that will run on the Huntercoin blockchain alongside the normal game. It will look like this and I think will be playable at block 1400000.

While the creatures are named after hunters, these hunters can be long dead. (theoretically they could also be anons)

Things to choose when making a new critter: fireball range for the lemures but at exponentially increasing mana cost (they have a lifetime limit),
tendency of the zombies to teleport away (but this will also bring them away from the gems), and randomness of movement.

Basically the game is about guessing the population dynamics several hundred blocks in the future.

Once sent into battle there will be no way to control the creatures and they'll live out their lives (on the blockchain)

Compared to "Allow Standard Names in Huntercoin" (http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22249.0.html)
this is the pirate version. Doable right now and, of course, no 1000 Huc fee per name  Grin

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 01:12:03 PM

It was pretty easy to set up the skeleton of a game that will run on the Huntercoin blockchain alongside the normal game. It will look like this and I think will be playable at block 1400000.

While the creatures are named after hunters, these hunters can be long dead. (theoretically they could also be anons)

Things to choose when making a new critter: fireball range for the lemures but at exponentially increasing mana cost (they have a lifetime limit),
tendency of the zombies to teleport away (but this will also bring them away from the gems), and randomness of movement.

Basically the game is about guessing the population dynamics several hundred blocks in the future.

Once sent into battle there will be no way to control the creatures and they'll live out their lives (on the blockchain)

Compared to "Allow Standard Names in Huntercoin" (http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22249.0.html)
this is the pirate version. Doable right now and, of course, no 1000 Huc fee per name  Grin

That creature looks like a pumpkin head. Or is that a melon? WTF Cheesy

adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:09:33 AM

Lets see how news will change price))

wiggi

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:18:50 PM

Thank you and sorry for the complaints. Huntercoin is a crypto project, and the token HUC except those gained in the game also mined as the way like bitcoin. So I see HUC as a cryptocurrency. In crypto world, not only huntercoin, if dev team has ablity to change protocols at will but not on consensus(of miners, coin holders, gamers specific for huntercoin), whatever the changes is valid or not it's not important, will scare everyone away from the project.
Was meant literally. Huntercoin has done it already 4 time and changing game rules (as opposed to the basics of the coin itself) regularly is better than leave it in an unfinished state.

When you play a round of the game what are the 5 most simple things that would improve it the most? Everyone must be either perfectly happy with the current state or have such a wish list. I have one...

That creature looks like a pumpkin head. Or is that a melon? WTF Cheesy
I always thought it was a darth something but it's not

merlin0113

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:15:34 PM

Important note in case some people don't know

just watching a battle near the centre..

someone got the crown and it seemed by the play style that they do not know that: You cannot Destruct when you are holding the Crown of Fortune.

Is it possible to have game rules documentation readable within the classic client? Actually I don't know where to find the uptodate play instructions. I heard that third party client like MM client have something like this. that's sweet!

Again where to find the documentation regarding rules in the game?😂
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 01:24:26 AM

someone got the crown and it seemed by the play style that they do not know that: You cannot Destruct when you are holding the Crown of Fortune.

Is it possible to have game rules documentation readable within the classic client? Actually I don't know where to find the uptodate play instructions. I heard that third party client like MM client have something like this. that's sweet!

I've actually been recommending his client to beginner players because of the tutorial inside. The core client has instructions at this link, but they're out of date, now. Mainly, generals are no longer a thing--they're all called Hunters--and destruct doesn't kill you, but instead drains surrounding hunters' life

merlin0113

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 09:04:21 AM

I've actually been recommending his client to beginner players because of the tutorial inside. The core client has instructions at this link, but they're out of date, now. Mainly, generals are no longer a thing--they're all called Hunters--and destruct doesn't kill you, but instead drains surrounding hunters' life

sounds like a lot basic work to do
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 09:09:45 AM

sounds like a lot basic work to do

I wouldn't say you can "plug and play" it yet, no. Mithril's client currently has that advantage, as well, except for the blockchain syncing time

Scuds31091

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 07:06:03 PM

Lets see how news will change price))

What "news" are you referring to?

Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: