Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:02:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879148 times)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:11:56 PM

Domob,

Where can we send tips to you?

Thanks,

BAC

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
radi324

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:04:46 PM

Domob,

Thanks,

BAC

I'd send some tips too. Btw, I don't know if this is currently actual or not - but are domob and mithrilman part of the development team, or mere freelancers working on HUC? Perhaps fully integrating them into the team would work better as they seem to be doing a lot of work for HUC.

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:49:16 PM

Domob,

Thanks,

BAC

I'd send some tips too. Btw, I don't know if this is currently actual or not - but are domob and mithrilman part of the development team, or mere freelancers working on HUC? Perhaps fully integrating them into the team would work better as they seem to be doing a lot of work for HUC.

I talk for myself: I'm not part of development team strictly talking, I'm an huntercoin believer that wanted to do something concrete to help the coin and instead trying to earn something speculating on exchanges, i wanted to earn something giving some useful services. I'm not paid to to what i'm doing, what i get is what community gives (donation address is in signature and the 2000 hucs you see are from BayAreaCoins) and in future what i could earn with client fee.

At the end I think i could be considered an example of what anybody can do to support a coin: instead waiting that others do something, i prefer to do (or at least try)
I hope that with future releases of the official daemon huntercoin could get the attention it deserve.

I've read some posts where someone asked to do games that uses this coin, or service that accept hucs or whatever.
The idea obviously is nice and everybody know that services are what gives values to a coin (for huntercoin the game itself has an intrinsic value) but what people maybe miss is that, for example, to do a MMORPG a huge investment has to be done, in term of time and money and this project isn't funded afaik

To give value to the coin, ANYBODY can setup an e-commerce and sold something in hucs, or try to find merchants to sold, etc...
cryptocoin are launched from someone and developed during time by one or more person, but since it's opensource, anybody can contribute to codebase AND marketing, at the end isn't the creator of the coin by definition, that has the major revenue, but who have the coins (don't look at me, lol)

recap about this coin: no premine, except a small amount for bounty, etc.., mostly lost in mikhail (who passed away) pc, no IPO, no investors at early stage, so of course this coin is in the hand of community (and in snailbrain "team", like domob, that keep working on the core)

ideas are great, but need people who do concrete things too Smiley (donating is also a form of support of course, no one ask to people to do things they can't do)

ok, a post maybe too long Smiley

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 10:50:05 PM

Domob,

Thanks,

BAC

I talk for myself: I'm not part of development team strictly talking, I'm an huntercoin believer that wanted to do something concrete to help the coin and instead trying to earn something speculating on exchanges, i wanted to earn something giving some useful services. I'm not paid to to what i'm doing, what i get is what community gives (donation address is in signature and the 2000 hucs you see are from BayAreaCoins) and in future what i could earn with client fee.

At the end I think i could be considered an example of what anybody can do to support a coin: instead waiting that others do something, i prefer to do (or at least try)
I hope that with future releases of the official daemon huntercoin could get the attention it deserve.

I've read some posts where someone asked to do games that uses this coin, or service that accept hucs or whatever.
The idea obviously is nice and everybody know that services are what gives values to a coin (for huntercoin the game itself has an intrinsic value) but what people maybe miss is that, for example, to do a MMORPG a huge investment has to be done, in term of time and money and this project isn't funded afaik

To give value to the coin, ANYBODY can setup an e-commerce and sold something in hucs, or try to find merchants to sold, etc...
cryptocoin are launched from someone and developed during time by one or more person, but since it's opensource, anybody can contribute to codebase AND marketing, at the end isn't the creator of the coin by definition, that has the major revenue, but who have the coins (don't look at me, lol)

recap about this coin: no premine, except a small amount for bounty, etc.., mostly lost in mikhail (who passed away) pc, no IPO, no investors at early stage, so of course this coin is in the hand of community (and in snailbrain "team", like domob, that keep working on the core)

ideas are great, but need people who do concrete things too Smiley (donating is also a form of support of course, no one ask to people to do things they can't do)

100% agree, except on the e-eCommerce thing.

I could list and sell shit much easier if I had one of these little things.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:57:48 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 11:36:55 PM by snailbrain

Domob,

Thanks,

BAC

yep well said.. everyone is welcome and should contribute.. to speed things up

this project was done as fair and square as possible.

Domob is lead C++ coder, he is working on it every day btw...and he's married, studying/working... we'll let him have a break soon, don't worry :d and he's working on namecoin. currently all patches/work done for namecoin and huntercoin have been ported both ways (bar disasters). so the project is benefiting others also Smiley

The reason there has been no update for a month, is due to a couple of things...

1. optimizing code for disaster
2. optimizing code in preparation for pruning
3. Testing all of the above.
4. as well as the code being extremely delicate, so are Game Mechanics - we've been through many scenarios.. each time we find some flaws.

although, there have been a lot of updates, i just haven't released any binaries, as the changes won't effect most people atm. Those that use github can see the latest.

Disaster as it stands:

Instead of a complete wipe (which, until further optimizations (or faster hardware?)  takes too long to process) there will be a "poison" - like a plague.
When the disaster hits, everyone will be poisoned, and given a random life expectancy, between 1 and 50 blocks (maybe 100.. waiting on test results).. they will all die over the space of 50 blocks (or 100) at random intervals (set at time of disaster to limit possible miner manipulation).

another sort of advantage to this, is that if miners tried to some how find disaster blocks only, then they would not get all 4% of coins on the map, as they would need to mine the next 50 (or 100) blocks to get them all.

This isn't set, and even if we use the following parameters, we may change at a later time if things do not turn out as expected.

Poison will trigger on average every 10 days.
Poison cannot trigger within 3 days after the last poison.
Max duration until Poison WILL happen, hasn't really been set yet (maybe 20 days)

calling it poison for now, but it may be called Cleansing or just disaster.

We won't be adding expiry (life expectancy) but that is possible.

Cost of General:

When you create a Team, you will have no Hunters, only 1 general - you can still pickup hearts.

Cost of General = 20 HUCs

-

thoughts are welcome, but please answer with why you don't think it will work, instead of "it won't work".
Honestly, have been through 100s of scenareos to make the game more playable.. this seems the best for now.. if it needs changing or tweaking, we are there to support/fix it.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 11:06:47 PM

Any chance of zombies rather than disease? Tongue

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 11:54:14 PM

in the meantime, there has been an invasion of red at the base of the green and I took the opportunity to prove my client and shoot five minutes of action wher you can see how you can handle an invasion and/or bots, taking advantage from them

here a pic of the reds coming

here is the video that show 1st 5 minute where i setup the environment for the battle (it start where i already had targeted many reds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3mWzjzcKyE&feature=youtu.be

at the end, i collected ~50 hucs (don't know if reds where bot or not, but thanks to whoever he was Cheesy)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
mikeyfinn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:25:19 AM

in the meantime, there has been an invasion of red at the base of the green and I took the opportunity to prove my client and shoot five minutes of action wher you can see how you can handle an invasion and/or bots, taking advantage from them

here a pic of the reds coming

here is the video that show 1st 5 minute where i setup the environment for the battle (it start where i already had targeted many reds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3mWzjzcKyE&feature=youtu.be

at the end, i collected ~50 hucs (don't know if reds where bot or not, but thanks to whoever he was Cheesy)

Was this today, not all that long ago? I was playing a few green guys during that assault too =). Whoever's attack was pretty decent.

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
mikeyfinn

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:28:34 AM

One of my favorite, simple thing you added is the waypoints. I can send a guy with coins on him auto to the bank, then back to his spot, as long as i make sure there are no enemies in the way that could kill me. A lot safer than stopping on the spot before the bank and just sitting there.

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
DavidT

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:32:42 AM

Disaster as it stands:

Instead of a complete wipe (which, until further optimizations (or faster hardware?)  takes too long to process) there will be a "poison" - like a plague.
When the disaster hits, everyone will be poisoned, and given a random life expectancy, between 1 and 50 blocks (maybe 100.. waiting on test results).. they will all die over the space of 50 blocks (or 100) at random intervals (set at time of disaster to limit possible miner manipulation).

another sort of advantage to this, is that if miners tried to some how find disaster blocks only, then they would not get all 4% of coins on the map, as they would need to mine the next 50 (or 100) blocks to get them all.

This isn't set, and even if we use the following parameters, we may change at a later time if things do not turn out as expected.

Max duration until Poison WILL happen, hasn't really been set yet (maybe 20 days)

Cost of General:

When you create a Team, you will have no Hunters, only 1 general - you can still pickup hearts.

-

thoughts are welcome, but please answer with why you don't think it will work, instead of "it won't work".
Honestly, have been through 100s of scenareos to make the game more playable.. this seems the best for now.. if it needs changing or tweaking, we are there to support/fix it.

Think I said it before, but not sure, maybe only "thought it" lol:

1. When "poisoning strikes", will coins drop where hunter dies? (aka 20HUC / General + 0 for "normal hunters")

2. So every player will lose everything basically?? Aka there is no "safe zone" like I thought would be a good idea to "have a chance saving the general" - having all human players stand there with nothing after disaster/poisoning will mean only bots after that, or at least a lot more - they have more coins + resources to overtake imho.

I believe 2. is a real issue, the casual players will only play with way less players and the bots will just cash all in, knowing they will have another 3 days of full cashing after a poisoning... Not sure how to prevent it, but again, one or more "safe zones" would be an idea. Yes, bots will use them too, but humans can play "relatively safe" just around safe zones if they wish and "park" their hunters there instead of just losing them all the time - especially since recycling is no option anymore, having them "overnight" is a dead sentence in the new scenario. (20HUC == huge target + not online to react)

Other than that I am sure it will be heaps of fun (or not, if you are not online when it happens..) - like an "event" every few days, go HUC go!!! Smiley

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:40:07 AM

Is it possible to start playing the game when you don't have any coins yet? Or does it require making a purchase first (on an exchange)?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
radi324

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:36:26 AM

Is it possible to start playing the game when you don't have any coins yet? Or does it require making a purchase first (on an exchange)?

You need some coins to start playing. I'll happily send some over for you to try the game if you want.

Thanks for the reply SnailBrain. It's good to get a clearer idea of how the team is operating at the moment. The only reason why I was asking was because Mithrilman's client was coded differently and I was wondering why. The update I'm looking forward to the most is the pruning one - once that's settled, I'll have Bittrex adding HUC and I can also start preparing a marketing effort at the start of July. Hopefully by then the major updates will be ready

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
cathoderay

Activity: 379

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:08:25 AM

Greets guys,

Having some difficulties compiling the daemon here. I want to add HUC to my p2pool node and have already compiled 5 other wallet daemons - including NMC - without issues, so I know it's not a dependency thing. Here's a copy of the error I keep getting:

obj/db.o: In function `void CDiskBlockIndex::Unserialize<CDataStream>(CDataStream&, int, int)':
db.cpp:(.text._ZN15CDiskBlockIndex11UnserializeI11CDataStreamEEvRT_ii[_ZN15CDiskBlockIndex11UnserializeI11CDataStreamEEvRT_ii]+0x175): undefined reference to `int ReadWriteAuxPow<CDataStream>(CDataStream&, boost::shared_ptr<CAuxPow>&, int, int, CSerActionUnserialize)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [huntercoind] Error 1

I'm running Xubuntu 14.04 64bit & my make syntax is:

make -f Makefile clean; make -f Makefile USE_UPNP=1

I get the same error if I try to compile without upnp also......

Hope you can help me out - would love to get into this coin  Smiley

Thanks.

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:56:13 AM

Greets guys,

Having some difficulties compiling the daemon here. I want to add HUC to my p2pool node and have already compiled 5 other wallet daemons - including NMC - without issues, so I know it's not a dependency thing. Here's a copy of the error I keep getting:

obj/db.o: In function `void CDiskBlockIndex::Unserialize<CDataStream>(CDataStream&, int, int)':
db.cpp:(.text._ZN15CDiskBlockIndex11UnserializeI11CDataStreamEEvRT_ii[_ZN15CDiskBlockIndex11UnserializeI11CDataStreamEEvRT_ii]+0x175): undefined reference to `int ReadWriteAuxPow<CDataStream>(CDataStream&, boost::shared_ptr<CAuxPow>&, int, int, CSerActionUnserialize)'

Hope you can help me out - would love to get into this coin  Smiley

Thanks.

Hi,
if you can compile namecoind you should be able to compile huntercoind... hopefully someone can help
i'm not so great on linux but all i do to compile (once all dependencies are installed) is

Code:
make
from src folder

probably it has something to do with using 14.04, or even a new update.

---

Those wanting to donate to Domob --- this is his address HBkxA5QmYSATFoPN1wFk8eBkgwPpY97Mfu

---

Disaster as it stands:

Instead of a complete wipe (which, until further optimizations (or faster hardware?)  takes too long to process) there will be a "poison" - like a plague.

Cost of General:

-

Think I said it before, but not sure, maybe only "thought it" lol:

1. When "poisoning strikes", will coins drop where hunter dies? (aka 20HUC / General + 0 for "normal hunters")

2. So every player will lose everything basically?? Aka there is no "safe zone" like I thought would be a good idea to "have a chance saving the general" - having all human players stand there with nothing after disaster/poisoning will mean only bots after that, or at least a lot more - they have more coins + resources to overtake imho.

I believe 2. is a real issue, the casual players will only play with way less players and the bots will just cash all in, knowing they will have another 3 days of full cashing after a poisoning... Not sure how to prevent it, but again, one or more "safe zones" would be an idea. Yes, bots will use them too, but humans can play "relatively safe" just around safe zones if they wish and "park" their hunters there instead of just losing them all the time - especially since recycling is no option anymore, having them "overnight" is a dead sentence in the new scenario. (20HUC == huge target + not online to react)

Other than that I am sure it will be heaps of fun (or not, if you are not online when it happens..) - like an "event" every few days, go HUC go!!! Smiley

Hi

1. Yes they will drop on the ground, and miners will get 4%.

2. There will be no safe zone, at least not yet. Not sure what you mean, - bots will die as well. Also, the more Generals you have (at 20 hucs), the more you are going to lose. People controlling many generals will need to work out how many coins they can get, and the cost involved in getting them, and how much they could lose. Honestly, for now, with 3day minimum disaster time, this should be ok. but, if not we will tweak some more.

If there is safe zone it won't matter, bots wil have the exact same playing field, so it won't help humans more than it would help bots.
The only way to limit "stuff", is by making it more expensive and more risk to play with 1000 generals.

Humans controlling just 5 Generals or 10, or 20 isn't so bad if a disaster comes imo... but someome controlling 1000 or 2000 (20k-40k hucs) isbn't going to take the risks so much after day 3.

The first 3 days after disaster may be where a problem lies, but for now, this change is already quite big,  we will/may add or change things later on. There should be up to 17 days after in which it's high risk for someone to be walking around with 1000s of Generals.
Also, we had thought there could be a small issue in the first 3 days, but nothing compared to what we see on the map now.

As for losing coins after a disaster, if you've just started playing - it might be considered a bonus if it happens

again, it might be we need to tweak some stuff later on

IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:25:54 PM

Greets guys,

Hope you can help me out - would love to get into this coin  Smiley

Thanks.

I remember I also had difficulties compiling the huntercoin daemon even though I had namecoin installed. I can't remember what the dependencies are, and trying to find a list of needed dependencies for namecoin/huntercoin is mission impossible - there just isn't a definitive list anywhere.

Maybe if someone who knows what they are could post them here.......? Sticky it to the OP even - it would save a lot of faffing about.

Edit: Your make command is correct, so that's not the problem  Wink

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:51:52 PM

There will be no safe zone, at least not yet. Not sure what you mean, - bots will die as well. Also, the more Generals you have (at 20 hucs), the more you are going to lose. People controlling many generals will need to work out how many coins they can get, and the cost involved in getting them, and how much they could lose. Honestly, for now, with 3day minimum disaster time, this should be ok. but, if not we will tweak some more.

If there is safe zone it won't matter, bots wil have the exact same playing field, so it won't help humans more than it would help bots.
The only way to limit "stuff", is by making it more expensive and more risk to play with 1000 generals.

Humans controlling just 5 Generals or 10, or 20 isn't so bad if a disaster comes imo... but someome controlling 1000 or 2000 (20k-40k hucs) isbn't going to take the risks so much after day 3.

The first 3 days after disaster may be where a problem lies, but for now, this change is already quite big,  we will/may add or change things later on. There should be up to 17 days after in which it's high risk for someone to be walking around with 1000s of Generals.
Also, we had thought there could be a small issue in the first 3 days, but nothing compared to what we see on the map now.

As for losing coins after a disaster, if you've just started playing - it might be considered a bonus if it happens

again, it might be we need to tweak some stuff later on

the more i think about such expensive hunters, the more i'm afraid, i try to explain:

While from an investor point of view, this is a moves to increase huc value and i can understand that all would be happy to see increased huc value, from a player point of view, i'm afraid this will kill the game, mainly because:

- 1 people with big money, could easily overtake the map and current bot masters already have much hucs that they can invest, and disaster won't save that because they can afford to buy many hunters to recover their money left on the ground, more than casual players anyway.
moreover, now someone could invest in hucs since its value is so low, then use bought hucs to overtake the map when hucs value will increase, causing a game over.

- 2 with high prices to create a team, casual player will have very few hunters to move, and playing with very few hunters is very annoying because the game is slow and you'll face very high idle time and all know that a bored player is a player that will stop to play

- 3 if/when hucs increase in value, those 20 hucs will be far more valuable and this will discourage even more new players

- 4 if an hunter costs so much and without a safe area, a casual player will easily lost it's hunters when he log off, while bots could survive easily

with current propsed prices and mechanics (20 hucs for 1 player that has just 1 hunter), this mean that a team costs 60 times current value (previously 1 player = 1 huc/3hunter = 0.33333..) and it's really too much imho.
Please don't try to artificially increase hucs value now this way, because this would end in loosing players and so, as a consequence, huc value in long term, don't think in a pump & dump way Cheesy

My proposal is to increase costs by ~10, a fair compromise, and you can do that in two way:
a) - change the player creation cost to 10, preserving 3 hunters
b) - change the player creation cost to 3.5, creating just 1 hunter

imho it's funnier to have 3 hunters to move, i know that you want to fight the recycle problem, but recycling is also the only way casual players have to recover a "game session" investment (see problem 4 above)
I think that increasing huc cost will not solve bot problem but will increase game problems and if you want to increase anyway the cost, at least you should implement a safe area where player could disconnect safely, or better, instead of a safe area, you can have a new kind of transaction that get off hunters from a map after some blocks are generated

e.g. you send a "sleep" command, that will cause your player to be removed from the map after 40 blocks (20 minutes), and drop any coin he has on, but recovering player cost)
this way that command won't be used to escape from an hot zone, but will preserve casual player from loosing money when they have to disconnect

IMHO this feature is mandatory if a player cost too much

cathoderay

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:24:14 PM

Greets guys,

Hope you can help me out - would love to get into this coin  Smiley

Thanks.

I remember I also had difficulties compiling the huntercoin daemon even though I had namecoin installed. I can't remember what the dependencies are, and trying to find a list of needed dependencies for namecoin/huntercoin is mission impossible - there just isn't a definitive list anywhere.

Maybe if someone who knows what they are could post them here.......? Sticky it to the OP even - it would save a lot of faffing about.

Edit: Your make command is correct, so that's not the problem  Wink

Thanks IYFTech. I did read that the repository version of miniupnpc for 14.04 does not install correctly sometimes, so I just done a manual install as suggested - no difference. Still, I'm grasping at straws here........I need to check I have the right dependencies installed, but I can't find a list anywhere.......

Can someone please post a list of required dependencies for huntercoin/namecoin on Ubuntu Trusty here? Pleeeeeease?

Thanks  Smiley

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:07:47 PM

When the disaster triggers, will it come out of the blue or is it determined some time (2 days or so) in advance?

I think knowing the time in advance is better.
The day before the disaster (if known) would be interesting to play when all coins from center come out, and players
(especially those who can afford to hoard their coins) need some time to prepare for a longish playing session after the disaster.
Bots are always ready.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:14:16 PM

When the disaster triggers, will it come out of the blue or is it determined some time (2 days or so) in advance?

I think knowing the time in advance is better.
The day before the disaster (if known) would be interesting to play when all coins from center come out, and players
(especially those who can afford to hoard their coins) need some time to prepare for a longish playing session after the disaster.
Bots are always ready.

if people know it's coming, they can just recycle all their Generals.. so people can still roam around with 5000 generals with no risk

---

Dependencies.. strangely i seem to have removed them from the website.. they were on the old chronokings forum which i have removed.

also.. there has been some reorganisation of namecoin wiki

I found this which seems to be correct.. although for the daemon there is something else (some other dependency - pack, libdev or something?)

https://github.com/namecoin/wiki/blob/master/BuildNamecoinQTFromSource.mediawiki

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444061.0

I believe that it's probably  related to 14.04, and it not including some stuff by default - again, i'm not 100% sure... i'm using 12.04 and just do make.. and on windows I use easywinbuilder.

can you compile the qt?

i've asked domob, maybe he can help

cathoderay

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:37:48 PM

Hi snailbrain,

It's a headless unit, so qt is no good.

I saw that guide earlier, if I install libdb5.1++-dev - it wants to remove libdb4.8++-dev - which is the db that all my other wallets use. Is there not a db that is compatible with all the wallets?

I can't believe it's so hard to find basic information about both namecoin & huntercoin tbh - my eyes are bleeding after 4 hours of messing around with this.....surely it would make sense to have all this information in the OP? It would save alot of people alot of time.

Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: