Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 03:45:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879154 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:57:06 PM

Hi snailbrain,

It's a headless unit, so qt is no good.

I saw that guide earlier, if I install libdb5.1++-dev - it wants to remove libdb4.8++-dev - which is the db that all my other wallets use. Is there not a db that is compatible with all the wallets?

I can't believe it's so hard to find basic information about both namecoin & huntercoin tbh - my eyes are bleeding after 4 hours of messing around with this.....surely it would make sense to have all this information in the OP? It would save alot of people alot of time.

it works for me mate.. as i said, it must be something to do with latest ubuntu.
Give it some time and someone will reply, don't worry <3

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:19:08 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 12:16:18 AM by snailbrain

@mithrilman

Thanks mate.. always like your contributions..

note: the rise in cost of general has nothing (really) to do with value of hucs/btc (not my intention).. in fact, i'm not sure it would make a big difference tbh, if any (coins are not lost, there will be the same flow of hucs). (of course by fixing issues it should hopefully). If it was 10000 hucs per general - it may? . It's more to do with quantity of coins on the map and what you can collect, and risk.
My priority is making the game more fair and playable, and a success.. also remembering that this is new, and in all honesty, no one can really predict what will happen, so, there is some guess work of course.
Obviously, everyone wants the value of HUC to increase, this is what every crypto currency wants (maybe not namecoin, except for the investors).

People with big money can over take map:

? they can now and have

There is more to it than that though... it is to do with upkeep costs.

1   1440      8640      432
2   2880      17280   864
3   4320      25920   1296
4   5760      34560   1728
5   7200      43200   2160
6   8640      51840   2592
7   10080   60480   3024
8   11520   69120   3456
9   12960   77760   3888
10   14400   86400   4320
11   15840   95040   4752
12   17280   103680   5184
13   18720   112320   5616
14   20160   120960   6048
15   21600   129600   6480
16   23040   138240   6912

this just a basic table... days, blocks, and amount of coins you can get from game assuming you can collect on the map  7 6 hucs/block.. last column is coins/general cost (assuming 20). If there are more generals on the map than the last column, then someone somewhere is losing money , unless they are actually hunting/fighting. (note, there is a more to it than that, but keeping it simple - i created this table when contemplating expiry and wondering what a generals life expectancy should be.. so when thinking about disaster and randomness, it's more complex - so the table is flawed to some degree)

The basics are:
If the cost per general is too low, the risk is too low, so the map will be packed (probably by a bot master)
by limiting the amount of people on the map, it should be more about intelligence/strat/skill than pure numbers.

If cost of general is 3.5 HUCs, a bot master can control up to 6x more generals before still being in profit (if dominating the map).
assuming they want guaranteed profit due to general costs, they would have to dominate the map with less than the numbers on the last column for that duration (assuming expiry and not disaster - but basic idea still there).
By limiting the maximum amount of generals which is profitable (and increasing to 20hucs), the game will be more fighting (people killing other generals).

It may be that the bots turn into killer bots  (like bgb, of which your client is quite good at "winning".. i think would at least change the game and be more fun.

looking at the current stats, i'd say the bot master is controlling 20k-25k+ hunters - maybe 10k generals.

also we cannot put Generals + Hunters on creation, because we go back to the problem in which you can create 1000 teams, send only the hunters out, then when hunters dead, destruct generals and recover 96% of the cost.. or, when disaster comes, recycle them quick before they are poisoned. Unless, as someone else suggested, the generals don't drop the value - but i'm not sure about this atm - needs another month of simulating Smiley - i like a bit about the idea that maybe even the general cost is actually destroyed  (that method probably would increase huc value, but  that would need considerable discussion imo).

1. moreover, now someone could invest in hucs since its value is so low, then use bought hucs to overtake the map when hucs value will increase, causing a game over.

They can do this now, exactly the same except with no risk at all. Disaster adds random risk, increasing cost increases risk more.
also, You are thinking that someone taking over the map together with higher general cost will increase the value of huc, this is not the case. If the map is dominated by one person (like now) this decreases the price - because 1. They will dump at least half the coins none stop (like now), and 2. people will just think huntercoin is useless... may as well just create a PoS, 100% premined, and sell them on an exchange. The coins need to be distributed properly like when huntercoin first started.

- 2 with high prices to create a team, casual player will have very few hunters to move, and playing with very few hunters is very annoying because the game is slow and you'll face very high idle time and all know that a bored player is a player that will stop to play

20 Genenrals is 400 HUCs.. 20 is quite a lot for 1 human player imo. It's not a big amount when it's more about making money not mostly for fun. For a bot master to control 2k hunters is 40k HUCs. Yes it will by more expensive for humans . but, an even higher risk for bot masters controlling thousands. +, hearts should be more available (and more wanted).

- 3 if/when hucs increase in value, those 20 hucs will be far more valuable and this will discourage even more new players

is possible, and we can change the fee later on.. but, personally, if the game was fair but cost 1 btc yet you could make 1000s of bitcoin, i think this is still playable and probably make huntercoin even more popular... but that's just my opinion.

- 4 if an hunter costs so much and without a safe area, a casual player will easily lost it's hunters when he log off, while bots could survive easily

?? if there isn't a safe area, bots will die as well, whether playing or not.

with current propsed prices and mechanics (20 hucs for 1 player that has just 1 hunter), this mean that a team costs 60 times current value (previously 1 player = 1 huc/3hunter = 0.33333..) and it's really too much imho.
Please don't try to artificially increase hucs value now this way, because this would end in loosing players and so, as a consequence, huc value in long term, don't think in a pump & dump way Cheesy

it's nothing at all to do with "artificially" increasing the value of HUC in this way... also, i'm a little bit insulted with that comment..
The goal is to increase the value of HUC- but not in the way you are saying there, i don't think you understand tbh.
If the value of huc was 1 BTC, i think Huntercoin would be extremely popular.
but don't' accuse me of pump and dump Smiley -- otherwise i'd have premined 10%+ like every other alt or done IPO.

Drastic times changes require drastic measures. The game has changed. no one is increasing the value of huc in pump and dump fashion, and i don't even understand completely what you mean to be fair.
I don't think you have thought about it enough.. honestly.. originally, it was still going to be 1 huc with disaster.
as i said at the top of this post.. increasing huc value has nothing to do with price of general, and i don't think it would because of that.. hopefully the value of huc would increase because it would be more playable and less controllable by 1 bot master.

sleep
If someone wants to stop playing, all they need to do is go to bank area, self destruct and bank the coins (not as good as sleep though). sleep command is too much atm.. but maybe in the future once everything else is stable it can be done. but.. that's the risk. if you stop playing, you are going to be dead. Remember, Huntecoin is supposed to be a human mineable crypto currency, not just any game, otherwise why would we build it in a blockchain?
I think sleep could maybe be exlpoited anyway.

Still, things can be changed.. but comparing to the current costs should not be a deciding factor.. Think of it more as a complete rehash.

please feel free to comment.. but remembering that no one can say what would be best except Chronos Cheesy
I do think this change is a step in the right direction, even if it's not perfect.. a big change is needed, and this is a big change... if it doesn't work as expected then we'll rehash again using all the knowledge we have gained from how the game is now and how it will be with the changes.

What would be good is if the bots weren't so selfish and contributed now that they have a few coins... but, it is good what they are doing in a sense, so we can learn and fix it.
Huntercoin was made for this purpose.

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:26:48 PM

@snailbrain

when i talk about increasing huc value and pump & dump mentality, i don't say that to you, but i reply to a general mood i've sniffed in this thread where people complain, rightly, about their (at the moment) failed investment and what i wanted to state is that for the good of the game, it's better to think in long term then in short term, it's a matter of trust for players.
perhaps my english didn't helped me and i haven't understood

People with big money can over take map:

? they can now and have

1. moreover, now someone could invest in hucs since its value is so low, then use bought hucs to overtake the map when hucs value will increase, causing a game over.

They can do this now, exactly the same except with no risk at all. Disaster adds random risk, increasing cost increases risk more.

so you are admitting that the planned change would not change this aspect
this is what i wanted to point out, some changes maybe don't give benefit respect current state

also, You are thinking that someone taking over the map together with higher general cost will increase the value of huc, this is not the case.

no i don't think that. i think that everyone that take over the map, kill the game and i agree with you that this shouldn't happen for the good of the game

The coins need to be distributed properly like when huntercoin first started.
I agree, but maybe we think differently about how to achieve that goal

- 2 with high prices to create a team, casual player will have very few hunters to move, and playing with very few hunters is very annoying because the game is slow and you'll face very high idle time and all know that a bored player is a player that will stop to play

20 Genenrals is 400 HUCs.. 20 is quite a lot for 1 human player imo. It's not a big amount when it's more about making money not mostly for fun. For a bot master to control 2k hunters is 40k HUCs. Yes it will by more expensive for humans . but, an even higher risk for bot masters controlling thousands. +, hearts should be more available (and more wanted).

- 3 if/when hucs increase in value, those 20 hucs will be far more valuable and this will discourage even more new players

is possible, and we can change the fee later on.. but, personally, if the game was fair but cost 1 btc yet you could make 1000s of bitcoin, i think this is still playable and probably make huntercoin even more popular... but that's just my opinion.

here comes the main different point of view we have.
I think that this is a game, that has a benefit of giving you a chance to earn money.
This is not a job or something more then a game because at the moment huntercoin isn't useful except to play and trade, because there are no service available in hucs, no goods bound to it, etc... so, at the moment, this is just a game and an innovative (technologically speaking) cryptocurrency.

considered this, supposing huc value = 0.0001, comparing to current btc  (price is so low actually and very unpredictable that would be easy to jump in no time to higher values) this mean that to play with 20 hunters on the map, you spend (in $) ~ 57$ (and consider even that new players are noobs about the game and could loose easily all in no time, so you will not have that user back) and i think that not much players could afford that, and if you narrow the catchment area the coin value decrease to the bottom.

If you talk about fair distribution, you have to think to "poor players" too.

- 4 if an hunter costs so much and without a safe area, a casual player will easily lost it's hunters when he log off, while bots could survive easily

sure... but while an human disconnected hunter stand still, a bot could easily move away from enemies...

Please don't try to artificially increase hucs value now this way, because this would end in loosing players and so, as a consequence, huc value in long term, don't think in a pump & dump way Cheesy
it's nothing at all to do with "artificially" increasing the value of HUC in this way... also, i'm a little bit insulted with that comment..
The goal is to increase the value of HUC- but not in the way you are saying there, i don't think you understand tbh.
but don't' accuse me of pump and dump Smiley -- otherwise i'd have premined 10%+ like every other alt or done IPO.
clearly misunderstood, you know i know the situation and how the coin was born.
I just said a pray to everyone, to grow slowly, keeping in mind that the goal is spreading the coin around, giving a chance to anyone (not just wealthy people) to play the game
I stil don't understand if you'd prefer to have less player that play the game, but spend a lot, or more player that spend less
talking about blockchain size of course less is better, but for a succesfull coin we should have xy times current player (i mean real users) on the map Smiley

as i already said, i don't think so and this goes against a fair distribution, except if a general at that point costs a fraction of 1 huc of course

If someone wants to stop playing, all they need to do is go to bank area, self destruct and bank the coins
you mean that actually if you self destruct on spawn area you recycle yourself? i didn't knew that and if this is true this would throw away all efforts to prevent recycling ?!
and if you mean that you just blow somewhere (where there are only your hunters on that cell, otherwise you split your coin with others) then it's not the solution because if you are
away from bank area you can't wait hours to do that :/

Still, things can be changed.. but comparing to the current costs should not be a deciding factor.. Think of it more as a complete rehash.

please feel free to comment.. but remembering that no one can say what would be best except Chronos Cheesy
I do think this change is a step in the right direction, even if it's not perfect.. a big change is needed, and this is a big change... if it doesn't work as expected then we'll rehash again using all the knowledge we have gained from how the game is now and how it will be with the changes.

What would be good is if the bots weren't so selfish and contributed now that they have a few coins... but, it is good what they are doing in a sense, so we can learn and fix it.
Huntercoin was made for this purpose.

i agree that no one knows the future, but i know that, personally, with current rates I'll play less, even because i think that major problem now aren't bot (that i can handle pretty easily with my client) but blockchain size/speed, because new players can't join and if the game isn't accessible by many players, you can do any changes you want in mechanics, but you'll keep to have few players (of course this is my thought)

having said that, I respect choices you'll take, but i keep my doubt, in the hope that they are dispelled Smiley

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
radi324

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:41:01 PM

Great to see our coders engaging in constructive criticism and suggestions!

In the meantime - Poloniex seem to have some problems with their HUC wallet according to what I'm seeing on their chatting system, something to do with syncing as usual. The day when HUC will have a much lighter blockchain to handle will be a very happy day indeed  Smiley

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:54:14 PM

Great to see our coders engaging in constructive criticism and suggestions!

In the meantime - Poloniex seem to have some problems with their HUC wallet according to what I'm seeing on their chatting system, something to do with syncing as usual. The day when HUC will have a much lighter blockchain to handle will be a very happy day indeed  Smiley

yes,this is great..

although not about Polo Smiley
i've emailed him and try to find out what the issue is.
(both my windows and linux clients are still working atm) - and explorer http://huc.explorer.dot-bit.org/
may be something their end

will reply to mithrilman later (when i read properly).. need to think hard in case he shoots me down :d

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 12:36:49 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 10:31:26 AM by BayAreaCoins

Poloniex is experiencing withdraw problems.

Do not withdraw right now.

I'll update

Update:

Good to rock out with your cock out.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
radi324

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 10:17:27 AM

Poloniex is experiencing withdraw problems.

Do not withdraw right now.

I'll update

Update: withdrawals are working now, at least they worked for me but Angela from Poloniex had to reset a pending withdrawal I had

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:06:34 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 11:58:38 PM by snailbrain

when i talk about increasing huc value and pump & dump mentality, i don't say that to you, but i reply to a general mood i've sniffed in this thread where people complain, rightly, about their (at the moment) failed investment and what i wanted to state is that for the good of the game, it's better to think in long term then in short term, it's a matter of trust for players.
perhaps my english didn't helped me and i haven't understood

np, yes i agree

People with big money can over take map

? they can now and have

so you are admitting that the planned change would not change this aspect
this is what i wanted to point out, some changes maybe don't give benefit respect current state

in anything related to money, those with the most can have the most.. when mining bitcoin, those with the most money can buy the biggest rigs.
but - what the change does, is limit those by making the game only profitable with a limited amount of generals.
Atm, they can have infinite hunters with almost zero risk.
with the change, (increase in price), they need to loot as many coins as the cost of the generals (see table for "sort of an idea").
Together with random disaster, there is only a finite amount of generals that can be used on the map without actually losing money - a risk.
What limits humans in the game now vs bots, is humans can only control X amount of generals, bots can control many. The change maybe/should limit slightly how many humans can control -- (not much, because it was limited by the human mind/ and interface)... yet, the change should limit the amount of generals bot masters can control considerably.

here comes the main different point of view we have.
I think that this is a game, that has a benefit of giving you a chance to earn money.
This is not a job or something more then a game because at the moment huntercoin isn't useful except to play and trade, because there are no service available in hucs, no goods bound to it, etc... so, at the moment, this is just a game and an innovative (technologically speaking) cryptocurrency.

considered this, supposing huc value = 0.0001, comparing to current btc  (price is so low actually and very unpredictable that would be easy to jump in no time to higher values) this mean that to play with 20 hunters on the map, you spend (in $) ~ 57$ (and consider even that new players are noobs about the game and could loose easily all in no time, so you will not have that user back) and i think that not much players could afford that, and if you narrow the catchment area the coin value decrease to the bottom.

If you talk about fair distribution, you have to think to "poor players" too.

yep, all the things like purchasing goods with hucs etc will come, but only after the game is being played (properly).
Originally the game was supposed to be cheap as possible to play, and it still will be - for now.. if it' becomes very expensive, we can lower the cost. Domob has made a change that should allow tweaking of general costs much easier in future.

Consider at the start, the value went to 2.7$/HUC .. people were playing.

the problem is, if the cost is too cheap then the map will be overrun. If the cost is cheaper, we need disaster/expiry to happen much more often.

4 if an hunter costs so much and without a safe area, a casual player will easily lost it's hunters when he log off, while bots could survive easily

sure... but while an human disconnected hunter stand still, a bot could easily move away from enemies...

yep, but is not much can do at this time (domob has 50 A4 sheets of paper to go through for huntercon yet lol).. at least they keep spending fees Smiley
they won't be able to avoid disaster though

as i already said, i don't think so and this goes against a fair distribution, except if a general at that point costs a fraction of 1 huc of course

That's just the way it is.. at the start of any crypto (PoW), it's normally easy at the start and harder later on.
It would be great if there was some way of distributing coins all the time to the poor people (like me and you Cheesy )... i think huntercoin is sort of the closest we can get to that though. In the original chronokings thread, i state that expensive hardware isn't required to mine it.. it still won't be, but it will have to cost something.

i agree that no one knows the future, but i know that, personally, with current rates I'll play less, even because i think that major problem now aren't bot (that i can handle pretty easily with my client) but blockchain size/speed, because new players can't join and if the game isn't accessible by many players, you can do any changes you want in mechanics, but you'll keep to have few players (of course this is my thought)

having said that, I respect choices you'll take, but i keep my doubt, in the hope that they are dispelled Smiley

i think main problem is bots controlling 80% of the spice flow... also blockchain etc - everything being worked on from multiple angles.

not sure why you would play less, but I think i'd play more if there was a fraction the amount of people on the map, each general u kill will give 20 coins.. atm, it's not safe to go into the central areas.. Also, i think your client will be the ultimate tool for the change

note: seems the bots are tidying / packing up? maybe they are giving in.

Extra: as pointed out by someone -  after the minimum 3 days are up (after the last disaster), anyone who creates a general after that point is at risk of randomly dying, the map may actually become more scarce - more coins on the map, but higher risk to get them.. i think this will help.

I'm also wondering if the minimum of 3 days after a disaster should be reduced to 1 day.

p.s. personally, i think it should be 50HUCs per general Cheesy, but 20 may be a start and so there isn't a rebellion on the streets Smiley
If it's too much we'll adjust.

BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:27:20 PM

not sure why you would play less, but I think i'd play more if there was a fraction the amount of people on the map, each general u kill will give 20 coins.. atm, it's not safe to go into the central areas.. Also, i think your client will be the ultimate tool for the change

I have been hitting the center area for 24 hours and it has opened up. I won't be able to hold it for over the weekend... so now is the time to get some center coins if you want them...
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:30:29 PM

I have been hitting the center area for 24 hours and it has opened up. I won't be able to hold it for over the weekend... so now is the time to get some center coins if you want them...

I thought i saw something going on Smiley gj

cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:58:50 PM

Greets guys,

Having some difficulties compiling the daemon here. I want to add HUC to my p2pool node and have already compiled 5 other wallet daemons - including NMC - without issues, so I know it's not a dependency thing. Here's a copy of the error I keep getting:

obj/db.o: In function `void CDiskBlockIndex::Unserialize<CDataStream>(CDataStream&, int, int)':
db.cpp:(.text._ZN15CDiskBlockIndex11UnserializeI11CDataStreamEEvRT_ii[_ZN15CDiskBlockIndex11UnserializeI11CDataStreamEEvRT_ii]+0x175): undefined reference to `int ReadWriteAuxPow<CDataStream>(CDataStream&, boost::shared_ptr<CAuxPow>&, int, int, CSerActionUnserialize)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [huntercoind] Error 1

I'm running Xubuntu 14.04 64bit & my make syntax is:

make -f Makefile clean; make -f Makefile USE_UPNP=1

I get the same error if I try to compile without upnp also......

Hope you can help me out - would love to get into this coin  Smiley

Thanks.

Anyone?  Smiley

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
radi324

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 07:12:23 PM

Greets guys,

Having some difficulties compiling the daemon here. I want to add HUC to my p2pool node and have already compiled 5 other wallet daemons - including NMC - without issues, so I know it's not a dependency thing. Here's a copy of the error I keep getting:

obj/db.o: In function `void CDiskBlockIndex::Unserialize<CDataStream>(CDataStream&, int, int)':
db.cpp:(.text._ZN15CDiskBlockIndex11UnserializeI11CDataStreamEEvRT_ii[_ZN15CDiskBlockIndex11UnserializeI11CDataStreamEEvRT_ii]+0x175): undefined reference to `int ReadWriteAuxPow<CDataStream>(CDataStream&, boost::shared_ptr<CAuxPow>&, int, int, CSerActionUnserialize)'

Thanks.

Anyone?  Smiley

Did you try PM'ing Domob?

mikeyfinn

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:16:54 PM

Ok, I admit I had not thought of what I guess is obvious. The fact that if a player COSTS 20 HUC, it will DROP about that many when killed! So if it balances out the same as now, I suppose it would actually work as intended, even for us little guys. Right now I spend about 10 HUC every day on new players. If I can make back at least 15-20 coins each day, I am if not happy, at least content. So if BOTH those numbers went up, I guess it wouldn't be that different? Spend around 200, but able to make 300+? Or am I missing something still?  Cool

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:10:40 PM

Greets guys,

Thanks.

Anyone?  Smiley

I'd PM Domob if I was you.

Also f72cfa043daade216750d9e260cd3a299548dd52829c3703af36da08c802fac2 (thanks Domob)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

Greets guys,

Thanks.

Anyone?  Smiley

Also f72cfa043daade216750d9e260cd3a299548dd52829c3703af36da08c802fac2 (thanks Domob)

I already asked, he's unsure what it could be atm

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 11:54:43 AM

Yes, snailbrain already told me about the problem - and I have to admit, I don't really know what the problem is.  What is your version of gcc in the new Ubuntu?  Maybe it made some linker semantics more strict and this makes the code fail due to some minor "bug".

Got it, thank you very much!  Very appreciated - I'll move it to my "semi-cold" storage soon. Wink

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
cathoderay

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

Hi domob, thanks for getting back to me. According to this link:

http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/trusty/main/base/gcc

it's 4:4.8.2-1ubuntu6 - if you know the syntax that will tell me what's on my unit I can tell you for sure.

Cheers

Edit - found it! (using gcc -v) - it's version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1)

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:10:23 PM

it's 4:4.8.2-1ubuntu6 - if you know the syntax that will tell me what's on my unit I can tell you for sure.

Cheers

Edit - found it! - gcc version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1)

Ok - at least, I know that I'm using 4.7.2 (Debian Wheezy), so it may be related to that.  I'll try to install 4.8.2 from source to check this when I come around.  But I still don't really know whether or not this can be related.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
cathoderay

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:14:17 PM

Cheers

Edit - found it! - gcc version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1)

Ok - at least, I know that I'm using 4.7.2 (Debian Wheezy), so it may be related to that.  I'll try to install 4.8.2 from source to check this when I come around.  But I still don't really know whether or not this can be related.

If it's of any use, the error appears right at the very end of compiling, there are zero errors/warnings up until the very end.

seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 08:34:10 PM

I'm losing faith I'll eve recover my HUC from my wallet. There's just no way I could sync it, it stops responding as soon as it's opened  Cry

10k HUC probably gone to wind.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: