Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:25:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
nightwishx

Activity: 900
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:48:03 PM

DeKVgRcy44J8vAczpf8TjENK9hkg8bCWjw     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:01:58 AM

Hey just fyi, the Windows wallet has become non-functional. I have a friend that I wanted to get trying NOTES. He DLed the Windows wallet, and it never syncs. I thought that was weird, since I haven't had a problem with it.

I've been out of town the past few days, but upon returning home, I see that my Windows wallet has also become broken as well.

Hey MiningHabit,

First I would recommend manually adding the nodes to your conf file, if you haven't already. Please see bottom of OP. Shoot me a message if that doesn't work.

PEACEOFWAR

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:51:01 AM

Hello everyone:
I would like to say that I think this is a promising project, and I think we can have success with it.

I see we are looking for ideas, and one thing I heard on the news is something like 95% of Bitcoin users are men.
see story
http://upstart.bizjournals.com/money/loot/2014/02/21/bitcoin-needs-more-women-users.html?page=all

So my idea is lets reach out with Dnotes to get more groups involved.
Maybe start up donation drives for woman's causes, or special matching program for that kind of idea.
If we can get groups that prior cryptocurrency systems have ignored I believe this can be very successful.
We should also make sure that everyone has a way and understanding of how to get dnotecoins even on lower end machines

Dnotescoin
Di4uhAgvvfAjm8hDptyotEgJUDmxsz5GQC
Tofer

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:25:20 PM

Hello everyone:
I would like to say that I think this is a promising project, and I think we can have success with it.

I see we are looking for ideas, and one thing I heard on the news is something like 95% of Bitcoin users are men.
see story
http://upstart.bizjournals.com/money/loot/2014/02/21/bitcoin-needs-more-women-users.html?page=all

Maybe start up donation drives for woman's causes, or special matching program for that kind of idea.
If we can get groups that prior cryptocurrency systems have ignored I believe this can be very successful.
We should also make sure that everyone has a way and understanding of how to get dnotecoins even on lower end machines
Good ideas! We should get a vote together and see if we can't get a community supported fund for a couple causes going.  But on the women and men part I don't really know what will change that.  I find just like a lot of things certain groups adopt certain activities and other groups are turned away as a result.  There isn't much you can do to get women interested, I think, short of gimmicks.  And I hate gimmicks.

So do you all think I should start a poll thread or just ask for votes through PM.  I want to try and get something DNotes can get behind in the real world.  Something that not only does some good for others but also gets exposure for the community.

Need someone to Mod your board so you can focus on your coin?  Want someone to be there answering newcomer  questions for the launch of your coin?  PM me for more info.  I can help!
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:49:41 PM

Hello everyone:

see story

Excellent idea.  For DNotes to be adopted as the digital currency of the future with lasting value, DNotes must be willing and able to do things that others can’t or wouldn’t do. This includes identifying underserved groups such as women. There are a lot of very important issues women care deeply about. Specifically, various health issues such breast cancer, college savings for their children and many more. How about a drive to set up 10,000 DNotes college saving wallets with 100 DNotes to start off and mom can own a lot more through various participations to help DNotes grow. For example a few stay home moms, with PR experience and writing skills can become DNotes PR department and get paid in DNotes for the work they contribute. It may not seem much for mom assisting in the production of one press release and earn 1000 DNotes deposited in the kid’s college fund today.  But what if she assisted in completing 100 tasks over the next couple of years and earned 100,000 DNotes and let’s assume that by the time the kid started college one DNote is worth USD0.50. $50,000 college fund may not be so bad.

I am just trying to expand on this great idea and the numbers used are only conceptual. If there is sufficient support to go forward, as I understand from the Dev., someone needs to volunteer as the project leader and come up with specific proposals. My understanding is that if there is sufficient participation resulting in worthy projects, the project leaders and a few strong supporters will be advanced to Level Two, which is not opened to the general public. Video game anyone?  If you don’t finish level one, you don’t advance to play in level two. This could be a lot of fun.

Again, Excellent idea.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:15:50 PM

Everyone, these are great ideas and an excellent start.

PEACEOFWAR, I would like to hear more about:
"We should also make sure that everyone has a way and understanding of how to get dnotecoins even on lower end machines"

What was your experience and how can we achieve this goal?

Tofer

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:57:01 PM

But what if she assisted in completing 100 tasks over the next couple of years and earned 100,000 DNotes and let’s assume that by the time the kid started college one DNote is worth USD0.50. $50,000 college fund may not be so bad.

Again, Excellent idea.

Keep it up!   I deleted most of your quote to keep the quote chain beast under control.

On a different... Note... $0.01 a DNote means a total market cap of $5 million. Thats TOTAL!  Right now it would mean 500k.  That may still be too much right now unless of course you're speculating.  What I am saying is the value isn't quite there yet BUT the potential value is definitely there.  This is the IPO, community members are organizing.  I'm seeing DNotes note as a commodity but more as a company.  The business is the facilitation of transactions and the product we're selling to conduct this business is DNotes.  This initial investment incentive is the mining of DNotes to build network security.  Because without a robust mining network the security of transactions is non-existent.  

My vision for DNotes is a payment processor in the form of currency.  Not a currency in the sense that we know fiat as but something that is really getting back to the roots of what currency is, a means of... denoting... value of hard assets.  Like I said before, the value of a DNote is 0, just like the value of a dollar bill is 0 as well.  The real value is what you can get with them.  And the only reason Dollars are accepted over DNotes or Bitcoin is they are backed by the "security" of the US government.  And as people find out that "security" is nothing compared to what crypto offers as well as at a fraction of the cost.  I don't know about everyone else but I'd much rather use a currency that makes it impossible to hide the reality of what an economy is going through.  Like what we are seeing now, a manipulated market that's heavily dependent on the printing of more "currency" or dollars and not real wealth creation.  A market where the only people with access to the real information skew and manipulate the numbers.  They then present that to the public in order to create a perception of stability and "security."  With crypto that type of behavior would be non-existent.  With an open ledger, in reality, privacy would be almost non-existent.  There are always ways to be anonymous but they would take effort and limit it's usability.  But where we stand now is our finances are an open book to a few "privileged" individuals.  We don't even know the state of our own finances as well as these "privileged" people do. We have to beg/pay for a credit check which is held against us and pray that we qualify for the real scam coin or should I say card, that is credit card.
Well sorry for ranting but maybe this will spur some more action here.  Your thoughts? I'm sure I have more to say but I have a little work to do, so I'll check back in later.

Need someone to Mod your board so you can focus on your coin?  Want someone to be there answering newcomer  questions for the launch of your coin?  PM me for more info.  I can help!
PEACEOFWAR

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:06:49 PM

Everyone, these are great ideas and an excellent start.

PEACEOFWAR, I would like to hear more about:
"We should also make sure that everyone has a way and understanding of how to get dnotecoins even on lower end machines"

What was your experience and how can we achieve this goal?

I know while even talking to people at work many are not willing to try to mine for example due to having 8 year old machines (where the power use alone can be pretty bad and might need weeks to generate something) and of course we are so early we can't really say the dnotes are worth X amount to break even or gain profit for time tried on any given machine. Not to mention configuration is confusing (you were able to help me out with the GUIminer-scrypt alpha) but there is not much documentation out there yet on how to get going. For example most sites have config on them something like this
STRATUM:   stratum+tcp://dnotespool.com
PORT:   8333
Username:   Weblogin.Worker
Password:   Worker Password
but that never worked since the miners don't know how to do anything with the "stratum+tcp" in the host name  - and even when I got a few of the readily available download links on the pooling websites did not work properly (even when I got them going at all they were glitched showing 100s of Mhash/S.) I did not know it was a glitch until I noticed no dnotes being earned after a couple of days and reached out to you, and you were very helpful and worked with me to get the Guiminer alpha working properly at 255Khash/s in the end. I know it's a new system early adoption so I am worried how average people might get overwhelmed with the process or not even know they are doing it wrong or the system is not registering.  (btw I am assuming you are same person from the dnotescoin.com email support) :-D

For example at first I thought the Blocks were just at a difficult point already so I did not worry about not getting credit and there is no warning about anything being out of bounds.  If you look at other crypto currency's like bitcoins they are up to like a year now before anything is generated. So had I not reached out when I did I could have wasted weeks thinking the Mhash/s was doing anything (and I did not know that number is only generated by server farms) 

I live and work in the IT industry so I can only imagine someone off the street trying same process, some people even to this day might not know if it's not working right, since there are no count down timers yet on the pooling websites (Idea I just came up with while typing out these ideas Smiley - count down timers to payouts or obvious 'if you don't get credit in XX:XX you might have a setting wrong'  type of widdget might help avoid some poor guy mining at "200+ 'Mhash' (never knowing that is not possible on a personal computer) and if that poor soul thinks it is just weeks away from him making a coin.... it could upset someone to waste days/weeks of energy.

Hope this helps :-) again you have been very helpful. I know we are just getting going and I am sure other cryptocurrency systems most likely have had similar confusion at some point.

Dnotescoin
MiningHabit

Activity: 207

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:32:18 PM

Hello everyone:

see story

This is a fantastic idea. Too bad it didn't come out a day or two ago. Since today is International Women's Day. Google even has a sweet doodle on their homepage. I feel like this would have been a perfect awareness opportunity!!

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:58:14 PM

But what if she assisted in completing 100 tasks over the next couple of years and earned 100,000 DNotes and let’s assume that by the time the kid started college one DNote is worth USD0.50. $50,000 college fund may not be so bad.

Again, Excellent idea.

Keep it up!   I deleted most of your quote to keep the quote chain beast under control.

On a different... Note... $0.01 a DNote means a total market cap of $5 million. Thats TOTAL!  Right now it would mean 500k.  That may still be too much right now unless of course you're speculating.  What I am saying is the value isn't quite there yet BUT the potential value is definitely there.  This is the IPO, community members are organizing.  I'm seeing DNotes note as a commodity but more as a company.  The business is the facilitation of transactions and the product we're selling to conduct this business is DNotes.  This initial investment incentive is the mining of DNotes to build network security.  Because without a robust mining network the security of transactions is non-existent.  

Good idea.  Keep this space clean and to the point.

I am not a stock analyst but this is my take on valuation. DNotes like all the others Altcoin at its formative stage are pure speculations. No one with any financial discipline should invest any more than what they could afford, potentially a total loss. I am in awe taking notice of some other altcoins showing a market cap of $500 + million hours after its launch and  dropped down to $200 million in 24 hours. There are no fundamentals to support even a fraction of that value. Yet like mindless zombies many little guys with a few hard earned dollars are taken to the cleaners again and again.

If DNotes were to succeed as the digital currency of the future with lasting value it has to take a very different path to reach that mountain top. It must build a solid foundation, block by block, systematically, while executing its strategic plans at the most opportune time which may often conflict with that of speculators.  Long term stake holders of DNotes or any other Altcoin , for that matter,  are merely securing an opportunity to share the potential of the future value of the currency they believe in. It they are right the “buy-in” value will go up. Sometime at the early stage, active stake holders are give a chance to increase their stake through “sweat equity” and even help to shape the future of the investment they believe in. Given the opportunity, I normally prefer to have some participation in the value creation process of my investment. Hopefully, many stake holders will see this as a unique opportunity and participate to the best they can.

Tofer

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:57:43 AM

Hope this helps :-) again you have been very helpful. I know we are just getting going and I am sure other cryptocurrency systems most likely have had similar confusion at some point.

I think I can help you understand.
The first question is what miner are you using? There are a few out there that I know of.  The one I use is CGminer 3.7.2.  That is the latest and best version of that miner for srypt coins to my knowledge, any later versions will not work with scrypt.  I'm pretty sure there are clones of CGminer that are being updated with the original but modded to support scrypt. 

Second, are you using a .bat file that you created to open the miner?  My .bat is this,  cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://noteus.charityminingpools.com:3330 -u aaa.aaa  -p  aaa

I can most likely help you and explain more when you respond.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:23:42 AM

Great start Tofer! Looks really good.

Everyone who participates will be rewarded. Anyone looking to participate openly, please notify Tofer, even if you are working with us separately.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:42:24 AM

I think PEACEOFWAR made a good point in the difficulty of getting started mining.

It would be a good idea if we had a resource for people getting started with mining. It is rather confusing to someone new. A good project would be some type of tutorial, that anyone could follow to getting started with mining.

-Identify your hardware
-Determine if it is worth your time to mine at all
-Determine if you would use CPU/GPU 
-Which mining application to use for your hardware
-Solo mine vs pool mining
-Choosing and mining at a mining pool

I'm sure there are a lot of resources already available on this topic, however I suspect it is fragmented information that requires a lot of research.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:50:53 AM

We will also award people for their ideas.

It will make it easier to award people on the spot if they include their DNotes address in their signature or include it in your posts.

Again, great job everyone. Thank you for participating.

PEACEOFWAR

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:35:31 AM

Tofer Ty for the offer, I am stable at this time. I do recommend we work with DNotes as best we can to help out.

To help users out I recommend for help with identification of CPU portion of the equation 
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/qwikmark-test-cpu-speed-flops-ram-and-disk-transfer-rate/

and for simple id of video card
http://superuser.com/questions/268901/how-do-i-determine-which-graphics-card-im-using

Of course this is for PC users, I know there are tools for Mac and Linux out there, I will let people who are more familiar with those post links or information we can help build.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I would recommend we try to assemble this in a easy bundle or even {PRESS KIT} styled compilation of this data as we get it in a easy to digest format.

Also would we need some art work or something for the dnotecoin currency?

Thanks.
-Peaceofwar

Dnotescoin
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:25:20 AM

Hello everyone:

see story

Excellent idea.  For DNotes to be adopted as the digital currency of the future with lasting value, DNotes must be willing and able to do things that others can’t or wouldn’t do. This includes identifying underserved groups such as women. There are a lot of very important issues women care deeply about. Specifically, various health issues such breast cancer, college savings for their children and many more. How about a drive to set up 10,000 DNotes college saving wallets with 100 DNotes to start off and mom can own a lot more through various participations to help DNotes grow. For example a few stay home moms, with PR experience and writing skills can become DNotes PR department and get paid in DNotes for the work they contribute. It may not seem much for mom assisting in the production of one press release and earn 1000 DNotes deposited in the kid’s college fund today.  But what if she assisted in completing 100 tasks over the next couple of years and earned 100,000 DNotes and let’s assume that by the time the kid started college one DNote is worth USD0.50. $50,000 college fund may not be so bad.

I am just trying to expand on this great idea and the numbers used are only conceptual. If there is sufficient support to go forward, as I understand from the Dev., someone needs to volunteer as the project leader and come up with specific proposals. My understanding is that if there is sufficient participation resulting in worthy projects, the project leaders and a few strong supporters will be advanced to Level Two, which is not opened to the general public. Video game anyone?  If you don’t finish level one, you don’t advance to play in level two. This could be a lot of fun.

Again, Excellent idea.

I agree, although my son is 19 mow I am doing cryptos, writing for cryptos, promoting, collecting from faucets all day because I am at home and can't get a job at my age outside so earning DNOTES and doing tasks at home is right up my alley and would help a lot of other Moms or women who are not lucky enough to get a so called 'normal job'. This is empowering for many of us. I also have noticed that most of the peeps involved are men in cryptos hence I nicknamed myself crypto momma because  most are my kids' age lol. Also maybe we could make a huge social site where peeps can buy advertising in DNOTES as in house currency. Smiley
PEACEOFWAR

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:47:05 AM

Hello everyone:

see story

Again, Excellent idea.

I agree, although my son is 19 mow I am doing cryptos, writing for cryptos, promoting, collecting from faucets all day because I am at home and can't get a job at my age outside so earning DNOTES and doing tasks at home is right up my alley and would help a lot of other Moms or women who are not lucky enough to get a so called 'normal job'. This is empowering for many of us. I also have noticed that most of the peeps involved are men in cryptos hence I nicknamed myself crypto momma because  most are my kids' age lol. Also maybe we could make a huge social site where peeps can buy advertising in DNOTES as in house currency. Smiley

Random ideas thoughts here..
Can we work with existing media like Facebook somehow? Facebook deals with Billions in advertising revenue, if we could somehow secure an ally like that, the Dnote currency would be set. I could see using Dnotes in advertising trade since the transaction fees are cheaper and might expand more opportunities for people that might not want to use their bank to transfer money to buy advertisement space.  This might also allow groups who are going to spend unlimited money anyway, another way to do so since citizens united money is speech thing, and those same groups want autonomy and  to remain as anonymous as possible.  Not saying I agree that they should but they have the legal okay and are doing it anyway from all sides of the political spectrum.

Dnotescoin
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:22:02 AM

Keep all the great ideas coming. Pick the best of the top selections and turn them into action plans. A well planned campaign to promote awareness and participation of women in the digital currency world will be a much needed contribution to our industry. As a sub-group we may want to recruit a number of women owned small businesses. That number could be 10, 50, or 100. I will share more details if this get to level two.   
princecash

Activity: 154

Joined primedice 18-02-2014/249 posts

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:34:27 PM

Judging any coin by the value quoted especially from an exchange is driving a car while looking back, dnote is to young for the noise the market price will increase while there are focus miners and undying community. Examples of coins like that is quark (less than 100 satoshi) coin greatly under valued but surprise us all, dogecoin (less than 30 satoshi) was a twin brother to lot coin in value but today everybody want it; to mention but a few.
Please allow the dev to stay focus and head straight however positive contributions are welcomed

CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:06:41 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

note.charityminingpools.com

Come mine while making a difference.  
Total Raised and Donated to Charity in February 30,783 NOTE!

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

Current Stats: (At Time of Post)
Pool Hash Rate:                                   101.778 MH/s
Active Workers:                                   105
Total Blocks Found (Pool):                     12,744
Current Difficulty:                                2.1483633
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network):       48 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool):            1 minute 30 seconds
Donations Raised for BitGive (March):  33,249 NOTE  (Already passed our February total!)

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: