Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:54:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 04:42:15 PM

The DNotes Educational Guide press release is out! Everyone working on this guide has put a ton of time and effort into composing an easy to use resource to help the masses understand digital currency. I'd like to thank Wiser and cojack for all the hard work they've put in, and everyone else who is helping make DNotes Educational Guide the go-to resource for digital currency learning.

Free Bitcoin Education Google Play App Launched by DNotes
http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/free-bitcoin-education-google-play-app-launched-by-dnotes/

DNotes Educational Guide gives all people, even those with little to no technical background, an equal opportunity to learn about digital currency in these early stages. It features a user friendly interface, comprehensive how-to guides, definitions, helpful links, a quiz, and ongoing updates.

One of the misconceptions of digital currency is that it is only for the tech savvy. This is a new industry that will affect everyone’s lives with a massive amount of new technology, jobs, businesses, and wealth creation opportunities. There have been very few times in history when everyday people have had the chance to take part in the early stages of such revolutionary developments. It is important to learn about this early so you can make informed decisions about investing in this space as well as giving you an edge in your career as more and more recruiters are seeking digital currency expertise.

There is an overwhelming amount of fragmented knowledge out there, and we wanted to make this simple enough that people from all walks of life and from anywhere in the world, can learn about it at their own pace. According to eMarketer, “The number of smartphones worldwide will surpass 2 billion in 2016.” That figure jumps to 2.56 billion, or one third of the world’s population, in 2018. An app like this makes learning about digital currency accessible for everyone.

The need to educate will never disappear, but if ignored, the knowledge gap between innovators and everyday people may grow so large, that it will never be bridged.

Free DNotes Educational Guide on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cojack.dnedu

DNotes Educational Guide HTML5:
http://ff4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html
http://v4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html

About DNotes, DNotesVault and CRISP:

DNotes is a currency for everyone – unborn to most senior, rich or poor. Over the last year DNotes successfully launched the world’s first Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans (CRISPs) for employees, children, students, and retirement. CRISPs provide a 100% guarantee matching fund verifiable on the transparent blockchain and embedded in DNotesVault.com infrastructure. For the first time, DNotes’ CRISPs and DNotesVault allow anyone worldwide to take advantage of the unprecedented opportunities provided by digital currency.

To trade DNotes with Bitcoin please go to: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_note

Media Contact:
dnoteseducationalguide@gmail.com

That is excellent guys! Great job! I have began placing broadcasting it on social media, and placed it in the OP.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:06:24 PM

The DNotes Educational Guide press release is out! Everyone working on this guide has put a ton of time and effort into composing an easy to use resource to help the masses understand digital currency. I'd like to thank Wiser and cojack for all the hard work they've put in, and everyone else who is helping make DNotes Educational Guide the go-to resource for digital currency learning.

http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/free-bitcoin-education-google-play-app-launched-by-dnotes/

DNotes Educational Guide gives all people, even those with little to no technical background, an equal opportunity to learn about digital currency in these early stages. It features a user friendly interface, comprehensive how-to guides, definitions, helpful links, a quiz, and ongoing updates.

One of the misconceptions of digital currency is that it is only for the tech savvy. This is a new industry that will affect everyone’s lives with a massive amount of new technology, jobs, businesses, and wealth creation opportunities. There have been very few times in history when everyday people have had the chance to take part in the early stages of such revolutionary developments. It is important to learn about this early so you can make informed decisions about investing in this space as well as giving you an edge in your career as more and more recruiters are seeking digital currency expertise.

There is an overwhelming amount of fragmented knowledge out there, and we wanted to make this simple enough that people from all walks of life and from anywhere in the world, can learn about it at their own pace. According to eMarketer, “The number of smartphones worldwide will surpass 2 billion in 2016.” That figure jumps to 2.56 billion, or one third of the world’s population, in 2018. An app like this makes learning about digital currency accessible for everyone.

The need to educate will never disappear, but if ignored, the knowledge gap between innovators and everyday people may grow so large, that it will never be bridged.

Free DNotes Educational Guide on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cojack.dnedu

DNotes is a currency for everyone – unborn to most senior, rich or poor. Over the last year DNotes successfully launched the world’s first Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans (CRISPs) for employees, children, students, and retirement. CRISPs provide a 100% guarantee matching fund verifiable on the transparent blockchain and embedded in DNotesVault.com infrastructure. For the first time, DNotes’ CRISPs and DNotesVault allow anyone worldwide to take advantage of the unprecedented opportunities provided by digital currency.

To trade DNotes with Bitcoin please go to: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_note

Media Contact:

That is excellent guys! Great job! I have began placing broadcasting it on social media, and placed it in the OP.

Thanks!
MarriedWithChildren

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:09:27 PM

I received a great email from Cryptsy this morning!  If they list DNotes we would have a direct way to buy DNotes with Canadian dollars!!

Greetings Cryptsy User,

I'm sending you a notice to let you know that Cryptsy.ca is now open for business. If you had a Verified Account on Cryptsy.com, it has been automatically been setup on Cryptsy.ca as well. Your username and password at Cryptsy.ca remains the same. If you did not have a verified account, then you can create a new account on Cryptsy.ca and get verified there.

Cryptsy.ca pairs BTC, LTC, and many other alt coins directly with CAD. We have a couple methods for Deposits and Withdrawals and will be adding more options in the upcoming weeks.

Paul Vernon aka BigVern
Cryptsy.ca

https://www.cryptsy.ca/

Just sent more BTC to Cryptsy for votes! Come on people, we can do this! You don't have to send much, every little bit over 0.002 BTC will get a vote... Let's show them our  CONTINUED support and determination to get DNotes on the exchange....

VOTE NOW!  Send your BTC to our voting address:  14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ

If you want to check out the DNotes BTC voting address's history on Cryptsy, go here:

https://blockchain.info/address/14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ?filter=2

For any newbies out there, this will let you see all the transactions to our voting address on Cryptsy, kinda interesting. If your a Cryptsy member, login in, buy some Cryptsy Points and vote with them. Either way, GET OUT AND VOTE!

I just voted at Cryptsy.  I still need help getting bitcoin so having somewhere that is easy to buy DNotes  is a big thing for un-tech people like me.  Good luck with the voting everyone. Smiley
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 06:44:36 PM

I received a great email from Cryptsy this morning!  If they list DNotes we would have a direct way to buy DNotes with Canadian dollars!!

Greetings Cryptsy User,

I'm sending you a notice to let you know that Cryptsy.ca is now open for business. If you had a Verified Account on Cryptsy.com, it has been automatically been setup on Cryptsy.ca as well. Your username and password at Cryptsy.ca remains the same. If you did not have a verified account, then you can create a new account on Cryptsy.ca and get verified there.

Cryptsy.ca pairs BTC, LTC, and many other alt coins directly with CAD. We have a couple methods for Deposits and Withdrawals and will be adding more options in the upcoming weeks.

Paul Vernon aka BigVern
Cryptsy.ca

Just sent more BTC to Cryptsy for votes! Come on people, we can do this! You don't have to send much, every little bit over 0.002 BTC will get a vote... Let's show them our  CONTINUED support and determination to get DNotes on the exchange....

VOTE NOW!  Send your BTC to our voting address:  14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ

If you want to check out the DNotes BTC voting address's history on Cryptsy, go here:

For any newbies out there, this will let you see all the transactions to our voting address on Cryptsy, kinda interesting. If your a Cryptsy member, login in, buy some Cryptsy Points and vote with them. Either way, GET OUT AND VOTE!

I just voted at Cryptsy.  I still need help getting bitcoin so having somewhere that is easy to buy DNotes  is a big thing for un-tech people like me.  Good luck with the voting everyone. Smiley

Thanks MarriedWithChildren! It is a priority for us to have an easy system to purchase DNotes with cash, the regulations are the true obstacle.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 07:05:16 PM

very good time to enter cryptsy

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:06:13 PM

Allcoin Update:

As of this morning all of my smaller transactions between 10K to 30K have been successfully completed. Transactions of 100K+ have failed. This may simply mean that they have to be manually processed. It is also takes time to transfer DNotes out of multiple cold wallets, depending on the process they have in place and whether multi-signitures are required. At this point, I am giving them the benefits of the doubt that they are just terrible communicators. Lack of communication, transparency, disclosures, basic management and leadership skills are among the many hurdles holding our industry back.

New Update:

All my transactions have been successfully completed. Please share your experience and let us know if you still have remaining issues relating to DNotes at Allcoin exchange.

I have been able to withdraw from Allcoin also. A 90,000 DNote withdraw took a short amount of time to complete. Two other, larger (over 100,000) withdrawals took much longer, but they ALL were successfull. That is a HUGE relielf. I was thinking the worst, figured we had another Mt. Gox or mintpal on our hands. It still had a HUGE impact on the price of DNotes, as expected. Again, WHEW!!!!

Smokey

That is a relief! I was hoping they would eventually get it squared away. This is another indicator that larger amounts can't be stored on the exchanges for long periods. As much as I have said it in the past, the DNotesVault or your own cold storage, are the best places to store your coins.

It is indeed a relief to be able to confirm that the operators of Allcoin are honest people but caught up with an increasingly challenging environment for small business owners. I have established communication with them and will try to be of some help when I can. It DNotes' philosophy that we are the best customers everyone wishes to have. That is another secret to business success.

Always remember that we manage DNotes as a business but we do not control it like a business. There will always be incident like what we have just experience that is beyond our control. We must always let the free market forces rule. That was a healthy test and may still take a little more time to digest. So far it has held up well and I am especially impressed that withdrawal from DNotesVault has been  minimal.

Received my coins from allcoin as well, though it was only a small amount. It must be a tough business, probably constantly under attack, and doesn't look like much money. The coinbase model looks much more attractive.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:17:26 PM

Sent in a lengthy email to Cryptsy support outlining why I think they should add DNotes and how I think it will benefit them. Not only because I feel DNotes has a strong future and a awesome team supporting it, but also for the PR value Cryptsy would receive as a result. They responded today and said they will forward the request on to their technical team, but it was likely just a copy & paste response, in fact I think I have a previous one almost exactly like it.

It will likely take more than votes to get listed there now. I hope everyone takes the time to write to Cryptsy in whatever format they have available to them, mine was simply an email to support@cryptsy.com, and state your case as to why DNotes would be a great addition to Cryptsy.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 10:37:10 PM

Sent in a lengthy email to Cryptsy support outlining why I think they should add DNotes and how I think it will benefit them. Not only because I feel DNotes has a strong future and a awesome team supporting it, but also for the PR value Cryptsy would receive as a result. They responded today and said they will forward the request on to their technical team, but it was likely just a copy & paste response, in fact I think I have a previous one almost exactly like it.

It will likely take more than votes to get listed there now. I hope everyone takes the time to write to Cryptsy in whatever format they have available to them, mine was simply an email to support@cryptsy.com, and state your case as to why DNotes would be a great addition to Cryptsy.

Thank you kanus and infovortice. It may take a lot of effort, if we get listed it will be worth it!

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:53:44 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 03:13:50 AM by TeeGee

Greetings Cryptsy User,

Paul Vernon aka BigVern
Cryptsy.ca

That is great news. We could very quickly focus our efforts in Making Canada the 1st DNotes' Nation with mass acceptance of DNotes. How do you like that idea, Chase? Lol, may be too much for me to abandon my gorgeous private gardens, and move to Canada. Well I am certain, that they will also be offering USD/DNotes one day soon, perhaps available in most states. I am also making a big effort to convince itBit to include DNotes. That will give us worldwide access very quickly.

DNotes is very well positioned and always ready to make the next strategic move at the most opportune time. TeeGee can help me elaborate this point.

I must spend some time in the my garden today. I have a few hundred new (1st year) daylily seedlings that must be planted this week so that there is enough time to get established to survive the Chicago harsh winter. I will check back this evening.

That would be an incredible win if you could manage to partner up with itBit in some way to provide an exchange for DNotes. While I have no personal experience in running business / business plans (except restaurants), my thoughts would go like this:

Timing: super important - until now DNotes has operated quietly to avoid too much liquidity at the exchanges, we have all seen what can happen when a community froths at the mouth in excitement over a 'new feature' that is technically brilliant nears release, or a coin is doing something new (national coins), the average IQ of the community drops as buyers rush to purchase currency in a frenzy before the new features release. In my personal observations one of the following occurs:

- Launch is successful and everything goes without a hitch = excitement is over, participants know price is unlikely to continue rising, sell-off beings, coin dies / begins price decline. Smart pumpers are a bit smarter though, and follow the behaviour seen in the next option.

- Launch is successful, but coin is already in decline = pumpers make exorbitant profits before coins release, expect sell-off because pumping can not continue to rise at current rate. Decreases in the rate of price appreciation cause concern to pumpers, which indicate to speculators that a downtrend may be approaching - they don't actually expect the coin to be a success. An example would be AuroraCoin, which went from being worth nothing, to 90 dollars in a matter of ~2 weeks.

- Launch is failure, delayed, buggy = community frustration = pumpers get impatient, begin to sell off-coin to find something else to pump. Examples would from around June / July last year when the rage was 'anonymous coins' and everybody was investing in any crypto that claimed to be the first to get 'true anonymous sending' implemented. Both DarkCoin and Xcurrency were the two main crypto in question at the time, and both were horrendously buggy, not living up to their promises even after full release.

DarkCoin (now called DASH)

XCurrency (now dead)

You can see clearly the failed launches, the price falling, then the developer promises to 're-launch' but better, and price goes up in anticipation again... The prime focus of these crypto's communities were not the actual feature being released, but how the feature would affect the price; participants were more interested in pumping and dumping, than the latest tech features.

This brings me to an important point - DNotes was wise to avoid focussing on both advertising itself as the 'instant-gratification coin' where super-profits could be expected, and to not compete for technically brilliant new features at such an early stage. Competing so early for technology, in conjunction with aggressive advertising would be risky (could be beaten by competitors - and open source nature of industry), and also bring unwarranted attention to the crypto (speculators and whales) who have little interest in longer-term positions in DNotes. These short-term holders inevitably sell their position in the near future for profit, which can only add downward pressure at the exchanges. These 'whales' will inevitably purchase DNotes eventually, but as we grow, they become less and less likely to do significant damage. I'm sure DNotes will compete in the future for technically brilliant features, but at an appropriate time when market liquidity can tolerate the likely excitement tech releases may bring. This is the main reason why DNotes has flown 'under the radar' for the most part, and only discusses publicly its projects when they are near completion / ready to not provide speculators time to pump and dump. I believe appreciations in value after a features release are more likely to determine community belief that it added value to the project, and DNotes is correct to continue focussing on providing the essential services people wish to use money for: savings, investment etc.

This brings us to another generally agreed upon important point: We need an fast, and technically easy way to acquire DNotes.

Currently it is not simple to purchase DNotes, there are several hurdles, and websites that we must send our funds through before they end up in our DNotes wallet. Adding a DNotes / USD pair would be very beneficial, especially if it's a website that allows credit card fund transfers to the exchange. Overall, I think it will only add to the demand for DNotes, and could also pull the BTC / DNotes pair price upwards if the ease of purchasing Note with USD means DNotes goes up in value (against USD), pulling the BTC value up with it (arbitrage opportunities). Over time, I imagine the volume in DNotes / BTC pair will decrease, because it will become an unnecessary step in the purchase method.

Personally, I think some growth in the coin (in terms of daily traded volume AND marketing) is necessary before companies like itBit would want to incorporate DNotes, which would likely coincide with an aggressive PR campaign to draw attention to DNotes. Currently DNotes has a daily traded volume of ~3btc, I expect this needs to grow, in particular, before a successful and stable DNotes / USD pair can be established.

Reason 1: Currently much of the demand for DNotes at the exchange likely comes from long-term buyers who have until now, needed to purchase Bitcoin before purchasing DNotes, if these people no longer needed to buy bitcoin first, then buy depth at the exchanges could be expected to decrease as these buyers leave the current DNotes/BTC market, and start buying with the DNotes/USD market. Nobody knows how sellers will behave if a successful DNotes/USD trading pair is launched, but likely some of the selling depth will leave for the new USD market. Either way, I think more daily traded volume (which will probably lead to an increase in price also) would make the market more stable.

Reason 2: It would probably be preferred if the DNotes / USD market became the 'dominant' of the two markets (the BTC market mirrors the USD market, rather than the other way around). I think this would require aggressive marketing to potential market participants who are not currently invested in the industry. This is because for the most part, everybody who is already taking part in the industry, is already trading alts using Bitcoin, rather than USD. When industry outsiders begin to invest in a DNotes/USD pair (skipping the purchase of BTC), current BTC holders will notice the arbitrage opportunity, and will move to purchase DNotes with the DNotes/BTC pair. If the USD market became the 'dominant' DNotes market, it would be MUCH easier for DNotes to remain stable, and any price increases in USD are much more defendable, because while we can currently invest in DNotes / BTC pair and keep that in a rough trading range, there is next to nothing we can do about the BTC/USD pair, which can go up or down 20% in a week.

Being launched on Cryptsy would be great, especially if we can get a USD market in there that people will begin to use to grow the world demand for DNotes (especially for people who don't already trade BTC). For now though, my eyes will be looking to see what can happen in the near future with itBit.

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:18:46 AM

Wow, TeeGee, superb analysis!
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 02:24:11 AM

I received a great email from Cryptsy this morning!  If they list DNotes we would have a direct way to buy DNotes with Canadian dollars!!

Greetings Cryptsy User,

Paul Vernon aka BigVern
Cryptsy.ca

That is great news. We could very quickly focus our efforts in Making Canada the 1st DNotes' Nation with mass acceptance of DNotes. How do you like that idea, Chase? Lol, may be too much for me to abandon my gorgeous private gardens, and move to Canada. Well I am certain, that they will also be offering USD/DNotes one day soon, perhaps available in most states. I am also making a big effort to convince itBit to include DNotes. That will give us worldwide access very quickly.

DNotes is very well positioned and always ready to make the next strategic move at the most opportune time. TeeGee can help me elaborate this point.

I must spend some time in the my garden today. I have a few hundred new (1st year) daylily seedlings that must be planted this week so that there is enough time to get established to survive the Chicago harsh winter. I will check back this evening.

That would be an incredible win if you could manage to partner up with itBit in some way to provide an exchange for DNotes. While I have no personal experience in running business / business plans (except restaurants), my thoughts would go like this:

Timing: super important - until now DNotes has operated quietly to avoid too much liquidity at the exchanges, we have all seen what can happen when a community froths at the mouth in excitement over a 'new feature' that is technically brilliant nears release, or a coin is doing something new (national coins), the average IQ of the community drops as buyers rush to purchase currency in a frenzy before the new features release. In my personal observations one of the following occurs:

- Launch is successful and everything goes without a hitch = excitement is over, participants know price is unlikely to continue rising, sell-off beings, coin dies / begins price decline. Smart pumpers are a bit smarter though, and follow the behaviour seen in the next option.

- Launch is successful, but coin is already in decline = pumpers make exorbitant profits before coins release, expect sell-off because pumping can not continue to rise at current rate. Decreases in the rate of price appreciation cause concern to pumpers, which indicate to speculators that a downtrend may be approaching - they don't actually expect the coin to be a success. An example would be AuroraCoin, which went from being worth nothing, to 90 dollars in a matter of ~2 weeks.

- Launch is failure, delayed, buggy = community frustration = pumpers get impatient, begin to sell off-coin to find something else to pump. Examples would from around June / July last year when the rage was 'anonymous coins' and everybody was investing in any crypto that claimed to be the first to get 'true anonymous sending' implemented. Both DarkCoin and Xcurrency were the two main crypto in question at the time, and both were horrendously buggy, not living up to their promises even after full release.

XCurrency (now dead)

You can see clearly the failed launches, the price falling, then the developer promises to 're-launch' but better, and price goes up in anticipation again... The prime focus of these crypto's communities were not the actual feature being released, but how the feature would affect the price; participants were more interested in pumping and dumping, than the latest tech features.

This brings me to an important point - DNotes was wise to avoid focussing on both advertising itself as the 'instant-gratification coin' where super-profits could be expected, and to not compete for technically brilliant new features at such an early stage. Competing so early for technology, in conjunction with aggressive advertising would be risky (could be beaten by competitors - and open source nature of industry), and also bring unwarranted attention to the crypto (speculators and whales) who have little interest in longer-term positions in DNotes. These short-term holders inevitably sell their position in the near future for profit, which can only add downward pressure at the exchanges. These 'whales' will inevitably purchase DNotes eventually, but as we grow, they become less and less likely to do significant damage. I'm sure DNotes will compete in the future for technically brilliant features, but at an appropriate time when market liquidity can tolerate the likely excitement tech releases may bring. This is the main reason why DNotes has flown 'under the radar' for the most part, and only discusses publicly its projects when they are near completion / ready to not provide speculators time to pump and dump. I believe appreciations in value after a features release are more likely to determine community belief that it added value to the project, and DNotes is correct to continue focussing on providing the essential services people wish to use money for: savings, investment etc.

This brings us to another generally agreed upon important point: We need an fast, and technically easy way to acquire DNotes.

Currently it is not simple to purchase DNotes, there are several hurdles, and websites that we must send our funds through before they end up in our DNotes wallet. Adding a DNotes / USD pair would be very beneficial, especially if it's a website that allows credit card fund transfers to the exchange. Overall, I think it will only add to the demand for DNotes, and could also pull the BTC / DNotes pair price upwards if the ease of purchasing Note with USD means DNotes goes up in value (against USD), pulling the BTC value up with it (arbitrage opportunities). Over time, I imagine the volume in DNotes / BTC pair will decrease, because it will become an unnecessary step in the purchase method.

Personally, I think some growth in the coin (in terms of daily traded volume AND marketing) is necessary before companies like itBit would want to incorporate DNotes, which would likely coincide with an aggressive PR campaign to draw attention to DNotes. Currently DNotes has a daily traded volume of ~3btc, I expect this needs to grow, in particular, before a successful and stable DNotes / USD pair can be established.

Reason 1: Currently much of the demand for DNotes at the exchange likely comes from long-term buyers who have until now, needed to purchase Bitcoin before purchasing DNotes, if these people no longer needed to buy bitcoin first, then buy depth at the exchanges could be expected to decrease as these buyers leave the current DNotes/BTC market, and start buying with the DNotes/USD market. Nobody knows how sellers will behave if a successful DNotes/USD trading pair is launched, but likely some of the selling depth will leave for the new USD market. Either way, I think more daily traded volume (which will probably lead to an increase in price also) would make the market more stable.

Reason 2: It would probably be preferred if the DNotes / USD market became the 'dominant' of the two markets (the BTC market mirrors the USD market, rather than the other way around). I think this would require aggressive marketing to potential market participants who are not currently invested in the industry. This is because for the most part, everybody who is already taking part in the industry, is already trading alts using Bitcoin, rather than USD. When industry outsiders begin to invest in a DNotes/USD pair (skipping the purchase of BTC), current BTC holders will move to purchase DNotes with the DNotes/BTC pair. If the USD market became the 'dominant' DNotes market, it would be MUCH easier for DNotes to remain stable, and any price increases in USD are much more defendable, because while we can currently invest in DNotes / BTC pair and keep that in a rough trading range, there is next to nothing we can do about the BTC/USD pair, which can go up or down 20% in a week.

Being launched on Cryptsy would be great, especially if we can get a USD market in there that people will begin to use to grow the world demand for DNotes (especially for people who don't already trade BTC). For now though, my eyes will be looking to see what can happen in the near future with itBit.

Excellent analysis of the current state of the project. What you have outlined above is, I believe, the essence of Dnotes current strength and, future success. I also believe, almost everyone who follows this forum sees this as well, even those who do not participate. Lewis Carroll once wrote "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." which describes many, many crypto projects now in the public eye. Here, I would say 'Slow and steady wins the race". Consistent, effective effort leads to success.

Nice job...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:19:44 AM

I received a great email from Cryptsy this morning!  If they list DNotes we would have a direct way to buy DNotes with Canadian dollars!!

Greetings Cryptsy User,

Paul Vernon aka BigVern
Cryptsy.ca

XCurrency (now dead)

Reason 2: It would probably be preferred if the DNotes / USD market became the 'dominant' of the two markets (the BTC market mirrors the USD market, rather than the other way around). I think this would require aggressive marketing to potential market participants who are not currently invested in the industry. This is because for the most part, everybody who is already taking part in the industry, is already trading alts using Bitcoin, rather than USD. When industry outsiders begin to invest in a DNotes/USD pair (skipping the purchase of BTC), current BTC holders will move to purchase DNotes with the DNotes/BTC pair. If the USD market became the 'dominant' DNotes market, it would be MUCH easier for DNotes to remain stable, and any price increases in USD are much more defendable, because while we can currently invest in DNotes / BTC pair and keep that in a rough trading range, there is next to nothing we can do about the BTC/USD pair, which can go up or down 20% in a week.

Excellent analysis of the current state of the project. What you have outlined above is, I believe, the essence of Dnotes current strength and, future success. I also believe, almost everyone who follows this forum sees this as well, even those who do not participate. Lewis Carroll once wrote "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." which describes many, many crypto projects now in the public eye. Here, I would say 'Slow and steady wins the race". Consistent, effective effort leads to success.

Nice job...

I think the most important take home point, was that after all this is taken into consideration, DNotes plan involves waiting for that 'opportune time' when all its desired market and individual conditions are met before it makes the next leap forward. This means no stumbling or steps backwards!

It looks like the major groundwork is underway.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:41:46 AM

Greetings Cryptsy User,

Paul Vernon aka BigVern
Cryptsy.ca

XCurrency (now dead)

Nice job...

I think the most important take home point, was that after all this is taken into consideration, DNotes plan involves waiting for that 'opportune time' when all its desired market and individual conditions are met before it makes the next leap forward. This means no stumbling or steps backwards!

It looks like the major groundwork is underway.

Thanks, TeeGee. That was quite a post. I will try to comment on some of your most important points briefly.

It looks like the major groundwork is underway
.”

That is an excellent observation. There are many great ideas. Without a master plan and great execution at the most opportune time, those “great ideas” are worth very little or never live to their full potential, despite huge investment of money and human capital. Two top consultants from Accenture just said this: Blockchain Has Great Potential, Currency Needs to Go : http://cointelegraph.com/news/115019/accenture-blockchain-has-great-potential-currency-needs-to-go  

They probable failed to understand Satoshi’s primary objective in creating Bitcoin in the face of our industry’s poor execution compounded by bad reporting.

Gaining ground is of little value, especially for long-term investors, if that gain is not sustainable. As it relates to digital currency, DNotes’ long term plans are designed to outlive any of us. We are a down to earth and rather conservative group but our commitment to build a trusted global digital currency are ambitious, extremely demanding, and complex. If we are in it for a get rich quick scheme, I can probably figure out ten easier and faster ways to get there. Wait, you already mentioned some of them.

To put it in layperson’s term, Satoshi Nakamoto’s primary objective was to design a digital currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need of a middleman. Pay or get paid between two parties, just like we do using cash. Fast and 100% cost efficient. You spend $10; you get the full value $10. He expected his “e-currency” to work the same way, except, being digital, the transaction can be perfected between two parties with a cell phone or a computer with an internet connection. Satoshi invented the future of money and completed the package by incorporating a global payment network system and the Blockchain to record the chain of ownerships. In the ideal world it works perfectly when everyone accepts that $10 anywhere worldwide. That is DNotes’ core mission – to help accomplish Satoshi’s dream by making DNotes the global digital currency, accepted everywhere every time.

DNotes is more than just another digital currency. It is the future of money built with a purpose complete with a delivery system – the DNotes ecosystem. When others, including exchanges, finally come to understand, they too will want to be part of our system.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:28:48 AM

Media Contact:

CryptoBrooker79, what you guys have accomplished is quite amazing. That was an outstanding write-up. Great job.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:45:18 AM

If the following is useful to anyone, please do use it:

"Cryptographic Currencies in Your Portfolio?

Although human beings have a superior ability to think logically, it is sadly not the case that most do at most times.

Rather, we drift into largely uncritical support of paradigms that provide us psychological well-being: ‘cognitive dissonance,’ ‘petitio principii,’ ‘confirmation bias,’ ‘My country right or wrong.’

Cryptographic currencies are to conventional banking models at this second as emails were to snail mail twenty-five years ago.

Moreover, this is the commercial-adoption perspective. ‘Cryptos’ also have tremendous potential for the sequestering of wealth in the event of system failure – mayhem in the world’s banking system (‘bail-ins’!).

Now, we can discuss over coffee whether you might include a large or a small amount of a cryptographic currency in your portfolio; but my thesis here is short and sweet:

given both the commercial and system-failure aspects, it would be time well spent to do ‘due diligence’ on this technology -- you'll very likely end up holding at least some amount of crypto currency in your portfolio!

And Dnotes would be a good choice . . .

Mark Blair (‘IndiaMikeZulu’), Australia"
matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:21:43 PM

I wish to Stretch a little bit the borders of definition and  characteristics regarding DC (digital currency), in attempt to find this field's frame, and to make a step toward being clear picture and issue other than being abstract and strange.

long way was made by the national currencies toward being non abstract to the crowd/users view. it was so long and so succesful way, that now there isn't need any more to keep gold in amount of the printed money, and this is enough and widely accepted to full the market with Illustrated paper with the name of money.
now is the time of DC toward being accepted on users view. once this is acceptable that coin in general can be only expression of consent, the DC don't have to make long way, but still it must do a significant way, as the bitcoin did - when it's founder recognized the crowd's wishing for such independent and up -of- nationality coin and deliver it. all the coins that come after the bitcoin need to define this field in more details and to recognize more needs. the real tough game started

No doubt that the global population of earth - are wishing to say something significant - by the the creation of the the new technology: the internet, the bitcoin -for example . as for my view the say is: we are breaking the limits of nationality. we go toward global world, global publicity, global economy, global culture. I will not be surprised if the new Features after the DC will be regarded to culture, global culture

In these means the DC is one puzzle on a big picture. the huge move of earth's residents

but breaking of nationality doesn't say that the new features of humans life  must come without any institutions. because such view is against the nature of humans.
all people, global and nationals need institutions. it is the same as to breath.

in these means, the internet is not institution, but it is a platform for the neo institution: social ones, culture ones and economic ones.

that's why i think that the first definition of the DC must be with the creation of EGE - which is "earth global economy". such institution can be created by all the coin's teams of the all current DC, which will meet at New York, and start to make the new rules of the new money and the new global economy up-of-nationality.

I guess that it will not take too much time til the national economic institutions will make a contact with the new institution to create cooperation between the old and the new. such move will give immediatly a image of non abstract to the DC that are part of the new institution.

Now, the present contact between the national currency and DC, is through the bitcoin. with the creation of EGE, the contact will be directly by exchange platforms.

The current form of DC of non-any-touch, no-interests, non-any-broker - expresses the public will to reject the nationality phenomenon of corruption, and not only the  rejection of borders and nationalism expression. that is why the EGE must make clear rules against any digital coin that might break the nature of non any touch, non any broker -and not any privilege access to the coin system

I guess that even the current nature of  non physical contact with the virtual DC, still people, or at least the current generation, need some physical contact with it's money, that's why it is needed to create a system in any digital wallet - which will be able to print a designed bill that describe the total amount of the coins in the wallet, and 2-3 witnesses to this transaction from the chain. validity of the document will be subject to addition digital account approval ,and the use of the bill will be particularly in a case of proof's needed to account that was  fade out.

All,

Alan has asked that we finalize the list of DCEBrief as he is planning to circulate some draft concepts to number of authors, economists and others who may be interested in contributing.

Below is the list we have so far with some references and related content on the forum.

Let's give it one big push and see if we can't give DCEBrief an excellent start with some excellent topics.
Lets make a deadline of end of day tomorrow.

Digital Currency Regulation Recommendations - This topic has been discussed many times, the objective would be to create guidelines for regulators that would create an safe environment for users with enough freedom to allow innovation.

The Future of Digital Currency as a Payment System - This topic can discuss how digital currency might evolve as a payment system.

Does Digital Currency Meet the 3 Functions of Money? - Covering the 3 functions of money, Store of Value, Unit of Account, and Medium of exchange. It seems to be a fairly popular argument that digital currency does not meet these criteria.

Digital Currency is Backed by What!? - One of the other popular arguments is that digital currency has no real value. I do remember an article recently which wrote about it being backed by time and algorithmic functions. Inserting my own personal opinion here: We have to reevaluate what money is fundamentally, and how it works. Just like when a new discovery is made, we have to reevaluate our scientific theories. Eventually the books have to be re-written, new formulas created, and a brand new fundamental understanding is disseminated...

Digital currency education 1.0 for the Lay Masses. - Basically how to get started..

How will Digital Currency and Blockchain in general affect my business? - What effect will Digital Currency have on YOUR business / organization

What possibilities exist in the future for blockchain technology?

Why should I get involved now? How can I benefit the most by getting involved early?

Key Differences Between Digital Currency & Fiat - Self explanatory, but could be an important topic.

The Future of Digital Currency Technology - This may need to be refined into more specific topics. However the article could give people the vision of what it might look like in 5-10 years and potentially help people understand why it is important to get involved now.

How will a global currency affect your business, organization, or government? - This is a spin off of TeeGee's "What effect will Digital Currency have on YOUR business / organization"

Blockchain without Bitcoin. Can you or can't you?  Pros?  Cons? - There have been a lot of headlines on various companies, banks, etc stating that they are interested in the blockchain, but not bitcoin.  The bitcoin community replies 'you can't have one without the other'.  I think this could use a little clarity (with a positive spin). 

Current phase and future of mass adoption - Knowing where we are in the progression of mass adoption seems like an important piece of information to set expectation of getting involved today, then leading into how it will progress with a projected timeline.

Trustless, what does that really mean? - A misconception of this trustless system has led to some pain. We could discuss what the trustless system really is.

Reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg12020568#msg12020568
Another point of reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg11729364#msg11729364

Key issues in our industry:
-Volatility
-Long term saving incentive
-Negetive forum behavior
-Gender gap
-Ease of use
-Too many conflicting interests
-Attempting to reach out to everyday people
-Lack of trust and integrity
-Lack of leadership both within the industry and at the currency level
-Lack of real world experience - I think this has been the downfall of many currencies

Reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg11766070#msg11766070

More on key issues, found randomly throughout the forum:
-Privacy - “Accounts at a money service business or financial institution can certainly be linked to identity, but the individual coins (or coin subunits) themselves cannot be.” As quoted by Jon matonis
-The learning curve for safe entry into cryptocurrency is very steep, and a deterrent for most people.
-Fear of losing your coins using an online storage services.
-Sensational and misrepresented media about bitcoin in a negative light

What technologies are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.
3 ) Versatile tipping program for various websites and social media outlets
4 ) POS style reward system
5 ) Making DNotes secure for everyone to use no matter their situation
6 ) Instant exchange functionality for the DNotesVault
7 ) Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and instant exchange functionality

What major issues with the existing financial system can DNotes solve?

1 ) Instant transfers of money.
2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

What services are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) Direct and simple fiat to DNotes exchange.
2 ) Accessibility and Ease of Use
3 ) CLEARLY outlining benefits, programs, future of DNotes
4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
6 ) Assurance of store of value
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services
9 ) Refill service for prepaid/sim cards

What major obstacles does DNotes face to achieve success?

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).
3 ) Mainstream media negativity of any cryptocurrency in general.
4 ) Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

Related point of reference, topics for DNotes press releases:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10454251#msg10454251

Points of reference for regulatory recommendations:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.6160
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg11732747#msg11732747

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:30:27 PM

If the following is useful to anyone, please do use it:

"Cryptographic Currencies in Your Portfolio?

Although human beings have a superior ability to think logically, it is sadly not the case that most do at most times.

Rather, we drift into largely uncritical support of paradigms that provide us psychological well-being: ‘cognitive dissonance,’ ‘petitio principii,’ ‘confirmation bias,’ ‘My country right or wrong.’

Cryptographic currencies are to conventional banking models at this second as emails were to snail mail twenty-five years ago.

Moreover, this is the commercial-adoption perspective. ‘Cryptos’ also have tremendous potential for the sequestering of wealth in the event of system failure – mayhem in the world’s banking system (‘bail-ins’!).

Now, we can discuss over coffee whether you might include a large or a small amount of a cryptographic currency in your portfolio; but my thesis here is short and sweet:

given both the commercial and system-failure aspects, it would be time well spent to do ‘due diligence’ on this technology -- you'll very likely end up holding at least some amount of crypto currency in your portfolio!

And Dnotes would be a good choice . . .

Mark Blair (‘IndiaMikeZulu’), Australia"

Mark, you made a number of great points but this is my favorite: Moreover, this is the commercial-adoption perspective. ‘Cryptos’ also have tremendous potential for the sequestering of wealth in the event of system failure – mayhem in the world’s banking system (‘bail-ins’!).

Individuals and companies buy insurance for various financial protections, including mayhem. "Cryptos’ also have tremendous potential for the sequestering of wealth in the event of system failure" System failure at a national level are already happening. The most publicized being Greece and yellow lights are flashing all over the world.

When there was a system failure, as it was the case with Greece a few weeks ago, it started with a "sudden stop" of all financial activities at the commercial level. Banks were closed; merchants could not re-supply to replenish inventories. Importers couldn't get letter of credit facilities to perfect their pending international orders. Its citizens were given limits on the amount of cash that could be withdrawn for ATMs. It has been weeks and the mayhem continues, with no end in sight.

Let us role play the situation. What if all exporters to Greece, every company and family in Greece, as well as the Greek government own a meaningful stash of DNotes? The answer is simple: there would not have been a "sudden stop" in commerce. Letter of credit for import would be replaced with conditional time send smart contracts, at near zero cost with instant payment after all the defined conditions were met. The consumers would just switch over from cash (euros), credit/debit card, and other forms of payment to DNotes. VAT, fees, and other taxes to be paid in DNotes would continue to come in to the government coffers. Grexit? Bring it on. If this had been the case, the mayhem might not even have started, but certainly would have been long over by now. The cost savings for the Greek government, companies and its citizens would be in the $billions, perhaps enough to service all the outstanding debts and have them paid off in less than a generation. We may be smart but we don't always do the right thing.

CFPs (Certified Financial Planners) who are reaching out to me at an increasing frequency on my LinkedIn professional network may have already realized, in growing numbers, that it is prudent to include a small percentage high risk digital currency in any balanced investment portfolio. That is precisely why we created DNotesVault and our family of CRISPs; making it easy, convenient, and safe for everyone worldwide to participate.

Is this a lesson learned? May be not; "Although human beings have a superior ability to think logically, it is sadly not the case that most do at most times". I agree, Mark. It is sad and tragic. That is my view and my inspiration to make DNotes to be the global digital currency for everyone.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 01:51:47 PM

Greeks love paper money, no space for DNotes or other digital currency/money there.  For exporters industries i think a big way there

CFPs contact you but not buy one Dnotes? ... interesting
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:12:04 PM

Mati, you have obviously given some very serious and deep thinking about the future of money and the vital importance of multi-national representation to help provide some ground rules. I like the fact that you took a coin neutral position.

Our world is changing at an increasing rate of speed. Super computing power at our fingertips and hyper-connectivity enabled worldwide collaborations we never imagined possible before. Many global challenges including poverty, financial inclusion and women empowerment have been on the radar screens of many well funded international organizations. A global digital currency that is ethical, respects and follows grounds established in the best interest of humanity is the much need tool in our digital age to confront many remaining global problems.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:23:42 PM

Greeks love paper money, no space for DNotes or other digital currency/money there.  For exporters industries i think a big way there

CFPs contact you but not buy one Dnotes? ... interesting

The mess that Greece is currently in, it is already too late to expect any space for DNotes or other digital currencies, at least in any large scale.

The curiosity of CFPs and other investment professionals to learn more about DNotes is clearly on an up trend. This investment class do not react fast. They are paid to move cautiously.
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: