Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 02:40:01 PM

I wish to Stretch a little bit the borders of definition and  characteristics regarding DC (digital currency), in attempt to find this field's frame, and to make a step toward being clear picture and issue other than being abstract and strange.

long way was made by the national currencies toward being non abstract to the crowd/users view. it was so long and so succesful way, that now there isn't need any more to keep gold in amount of the printed money, and this is enough and widely accepted to full the market with Illustrated paper with the name of money.
now is the time of DC toward being accepted on users view. once this is acceptable that coin in general can be only expression of consent, the DC don't have to make long way, but still it must do a significant way, as the bitcoin did - when it's founder recognized the crowd's wishing for such independent and up -of- nationality coin and deliver it. all the coins that come after the bitcoin need to define this field in more details and to recognize more needs. the real tough game started

No doubt that the global population of earth - are wishing to say something significant - by the the creation of the the new technology: the internet, the bitcoin -for example . as for my view the say is: we are breaking the limits of nationality. we go toward global world, global publicity, global economy, global culture. I will not be surprised if the new Features after the DC will be regarded to culture, global culture

In these means the DC is one puzzle on a big picture. the huge move of earth's residents

but breaking of nationality doesn't say that the new features of humans life  must come without any institutions. because such view is against the nature of humans.
all people, global and nationals need institutions. it is the same as to breath.

in these means, the internet is not institution, but it is a platform for the neo institution: social ones, culture ones and economic ones.

that's why i think that the first definition of the DC must be with the creation of EGE - which is "earth global economy". such institution can be created by all the coin's teams of the all current DC, which will meet at New York, and start to make the new rules of the new money and the new global economy up-of-nationality.

I guess that it will not take too much time til the national economic institutions will make a contact with the new institution to create cooperation between the old and the new. such move will give immediatly a image of non abstract to the DC that are part of the new institution.

Now, the present contact between the national currency and DC, is through the bitcoin. with the creation of EGE, the contact will be directly by exchange platforms.

The current form of DC of non-any-touch, no-interests, non-any-broker - expresses the public will to reject the nationality phenomenon of corruption, and not only the  rejection of borders and nationalism expression. that is why the EGE must make clear rules against any digital coin that might break the nature of non any touch, non any broker -and not any privilege access to the coin system

I guess that even the current nature of  non physical contact with the virtual DC, still people, or at least the current generation, need some physical contact with it's money, that's why it is needed to create a system in any digital wallet - which will be able to print a designed bill that describe the total amount of the coins in the wallet, and 2-3 witnesses to this transaction from the chain. validity of the document will be subject to addition digital account approval ,and the use of the bill will be particularly in a case of proof's needed to account that was  fade out.

Thank you Mati, that was clearly well thought out. What do you envision as the role of the EGE institution, or type of rules that would be created?

We have the ability, in a way, to print a paper wallet, sort of like a paper bill. The challenge would be validating from the recipients end it before it can be accepted, and creating a digital transfer at the time of accepting it, to prevent a double spend scenario. Very feasible a system could be created that would use the paper bill and a cell phone. Excluding technology all together from the system and just using a printed bill, would make the system more vulnerable to fraud. I do see your point though, it would open up an opportunity for an easy path to global acceptance, something to think about.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 03:08:49 PM

Greeks love paper money, no space for DNotes or other digital currency/money there.  For exporters industries i think a big way there

CFPs contact you but not buy one Dnotes? ... interesting

The mess that Greece is currently in, it is already too late to expect any space for DNotes or other digital currencies, at least in any large scale.

The curiosity of CFPs and other investment professionals to learn more about DNotes is clearly on an up trend. This investment class do not react fast. They are paid to move cautiously.

It is still a very good sign that they are interested and making connections now. The time will come when they will be making recommendations to invest in digital currency to their clients.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:57:19 PM

CFPs (Certified Financial Planners) who are reaching out to me at an increasing frequency on my LinkedIn professional network may have already realized, in growing numbers, that it is prudent to include a small percentage high risk digital currency in any balanced investment portfolio. That is precisely why we created DNotesVault and our family of CRISPs; making it easy, convenient, and safe for everyone worldwide to participate.

Greeks love paper money, no space for DNotes or other digital currency/money there.  For exporters industries i think a big way there

CFPs contact you but not buy one Dnotes? ... interesting

The mess that Greece is currently in, it is already too late to expect any space for DNotes or other digital currencies, at least in any large scale.

The curiosity of CFPs and other investment professionals to learn more about DNotes is clearly on an up trend. This investment class do not react fast. They are paid to move cautiously.

It is still a very good sign that they are interested and making connections now. The time will come when they will be making recommendations to invest in digital currency to their clients.

I think it is amazing that there are so many Certified Financial Planners with DNotes on their radar.  They will not / can not add DNotes to an investment fund until the marketcap is much larger and DNotes continues to prove itself as the trustworthy global currency we all know it will be.  Any one of these funds can have a marketcap in the hundreds of millions of dollars and when the time is right one fund's investment in DNotes may very well exceed the total marketcap of DNotes right now.

This brings me to a very important piece of investment advice.  When looking for an investment with the potential of a massive return, look at the ones that the investment community (CFPs, etc) are watching, but have not yet started to buy. Wink

I think the CFPs interest in DNotes is in part because they can relate to how it operates.  It is run like a business, it is built upon trust and integrity, and has a solid leadership team.  They understand the importance of the DNotesVault to customer peace of mind and security, and there isn't a CFP on the planet that doesn't get the significance and growth potential of the CRISP programs.  There are probably a lot of other points that I have missed so feel free to add on.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:02:48 PM

The DNotes Educational Guide press release is out! Everyone working on this guide has put a ton of time and effort into composing an easy to use resource to help the masses understand digital currency. I'd like to thank Wiser and cojack for all the hard work they've put in, and everyone else who is helping make DNotes Educational Guide the go-to resource for digital currency learning.

Free Bitcoin Education Google Play App Launched by DNotes
http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/free-bitcoin-education-google-play-app-launched-by-dnotes/

DNotes Educational Guide gives all people, even those with little to no technical background, an equal opportunity to learn about digital currency in these early stages. It features a user friendly interface, comprehensive how-to guides, definitions, helpful links, a quiz, and ongoing updates.

One of the misconceptions of digital currency is that it is only for the tech savvy. This is a new industry that will affect everyone’s lives with a massive amount of new technology, jobs, businesses, and wealth creation opportunities. There have been very few times in history when everyday people have had the chance to take part in the early stages of such revolutionary developments. It is important to learn about this early so you can make informed decisions about investing in this space as well as giving you an edge in your career as more and more recruiters are seeking digital currency expertise.

There is an overwhelming amount of fragmented knowledge out there, and we wanted to make this simple enough that people from all walks of life and from anywhere in the world, can learn about it at their own pace. According to eMarketer, “The number of smartphones worldwide will surpass 2 billion in 2016.” That figure jumps to 2.56 billion, or one third of the world’s population, in 2018. An app like this makes learning about digital currency accessible for everyone.

The need to educate will never disappear, but if ignored, the knowledge gap between innovators and everyday people may grow so large, that it will never be bridged.

Free DNotes Educational Guide on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cojack.dnedu

DNotes Educational Guide HTML5:
http://ff4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html
http://v4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html

About DNotes, DNotesVault and CRISP:

DNotes is a currency for everyone – unborn to most senior, rich or poor. Over the last year DNotes successfully launched the world’s first Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans (CRISPs) for employees, children, students, and retirement. CRISPs provide a 100% guarantee matching fund verifiable on the transparent blockchain and embedded in DNotesVault.com infrastructure. For the first time, DNotes’ CRISPs and DNotesVault allow anyone worldwide to take advantage of the unprecedented opportunities provided by digital currency.

To trade DNotes with Bitcoin please go to: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_note

Media Contact:
dnoteseducationalguide@gmail.com

"The need to educate will never disappear, but if ignored, the knowledge gap between innovators and everyday people may grow so large, that it will never be bridged."

That is a great statement and I may quote you on that!! 

Congratulations on a great job on the app and press release!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Brockspeculator

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:10:52 PM

This coin looks promising. I'm in.

Welcome to the DNotes thread Brockspeculator! Everyone here is very helpful and respectful, if you need anything, just let us know.

Thanks! 👍
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 08:09:41 PM

This was a bit of a shock to me. Not sure how to take it.

Tokyo Court: Bitcoin Not Subject to Ownership

Tokyo's District Court has ruled that bitcoin is "not subject to ownership", with a judge informing a plaintiff he could not claim for bitcoins lost in the Mt Gox collapse.

Judge Masumi Kurachi stated that, due to their intangible nature and reliance on third parties, bitcoins cannot be covered under existing law.

Kurachi's comments, reported by The Japan Times, came during a lawsuit bought against bankrupt bitcoin exchange Mt Gox by an unnamed Kyoto resident.

Representing himself in court, the plaintiff had demanded repayment of 458 bitcoins, today worth $128,144, that were held in his account when the exchange shuttered last year.

It is unclear what impact this ruling will have on other Mt Gox claimants, as thousands of creditors undergo a lengthy process to divide up the exchange's remaining assets, last valued at $11.5m.

They've been told by Payward CEO Jesse Powell, who is assisting the claims process, to expect only a fraction of their original funds back.

[...]

http://www.coindesk.com/tokyo-court-bitcoin-not-subject-to-ownership-2/

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 08:48:13 PM

Tokyo's District Court has ruled that bitcoin is "not subject to ownership", with a judge informing a plaintiff he could not claim for bitcoins lost in the Mt Gox collapse.

Judge Masumi Kurachi stated that, due to their intangible nature and reliance on third parties, bitcoins cannot be covered under existing law.

Kurachi's comments, reported by The Japan Times, came during a lawsuit bought against bankrupt bitcoin exchange Mt Gox by an unnamed Kyoto resident.

Representing himself in court, the plaintiff had demanded repayment of 458 bitcoins, today worth $128,144, that were held in his account when the exchange shuttered last year.

It is unclear what impact this ruling will have on other Mt Gox claimants, as thousands of creditors undergo a lengthy process to divide up the exchange's remaining assets, last valued at $11.5m.

They've been told by Payward CEO Jesse Powell, who is assisting the claims process, to expect only a fraction of their original funds back.

[...]

Could go either way. Technically, you don't own money (cash) so... The part I don't agree with is not allowing him to get restitution. Not sure how it works in Japan but here in the US this would most likely be overturned or modified on appeal.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:52:08 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 10:11:48 PM by Dyna

[...]

Could go either way. Technically, you don't own money (cash) so... The part I don't agree with is not allowing him to get restitution. Not sure how it works in Japan but here in the US this would most likely be overturned or modified on appeal.

I have no idea of how the Japanese legal system works but the ruling appeared shocking. "Representing himself in court ....?" Not so sure what to make of that.  
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:19:33 PM

Quite clever re: the Financial Planner thing.

If DNotes plans to bring these fund managers into the fray, then we need to make them aware of DNotes long before they make their first investment. I imagine that most financial planners do not plan to include DNotes or any other crypto in their portfolios just as they learn about it. For a CFP, Simply looking at DNotes 18 month chart in hindsight probably won't be enough. A CFP will need to watch DNotes continue to be stable / rise over a period of say 6 months, by which time they will feel safer about making an initial small investment. That six month watchful eye, will allow CFP's time to learn about digital currency and DNotes. It also means that if our industry begins to turn more heads in the coming 6 months to a year in their normal news sources, they will think of DNotes straight away. There could be many ten's or hundreds of financial planners watching or being made aware of DNotes today, who may check back again in 6 months and say "If I had invested then, would have made a great return, maybe I'll give a small initial $10k to it, and see what happens over the next month or two...".

The goal is not to make people invest in DNotes now, but to make the money men aware that DNotes exists. When they remember to check back on DNotes, they will remember their conversation with Alan (DYNA), see that DNotes has been achieving what Alan said they would. This will hopefully both excite the CFP's, and create the trust that is required to convince them to invest.

Sew the seed, plan ahead.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:53:04 PM

Quite clever re: the Financial Planner thing.

If DNotes plans to bring these fund managers into the fray, then we need to make them aware of DNotes long before they make their first investment. I imagine that most financial planners do not plan to include DNotes or any other crypto in their portfolios just as they learn about it. For a CFP, Simply looking at DNotes 18 month chart in hindsight probably won't be enough. A CFP will need to watch DNotes continue to be stable / rise over a period of say 6 months, by which time they will feel safer about making an initial small investment. That six month watchful eye, will allow CFP's time to learn about digital currency and DNotes. It also means that if our industry begins to turn more heads in the coming 6 months to a year in their normal news sources, they will think of DNotes straight away. There could be many ten's or hundreds of financial planners watching or being made aware of DNotes today, who may check back again in 6 months and say "If I had invested then, would have made a great return, maybe I'll give a small initial $10k to it, and see what happens over the next month or two...".

The goal is not to make people invest in DNotes now, but to make the money men aware that DNotes exists. When they remember to check back on DNotes, they will remember their conversation with Alan (DYNA), see that DNotes has been achieving what Alan said they would. This will hopefully both excite the CFP's, and create the trust that is required to convince them to invest.

Sew the seed, plan ahead.

"The goal is not to make people invest in DNotes now, but to make the money men aware that DNotes exists." That sounds so simple, but it is only a small part of a rather complex equation. DNotes the currency and our growing ecosystems comprise of many highly scaleable strategic building blocks positioned for deployment at the most opportune time.

We project far into the future to determine what are the problems and opportunities. At times we are solving problems to create our own opportunities. We are thought leaders committed to shape and lead our industry to the best interest and mutual benefits of everyone and we are very passionate about.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 01:54:56 PM

Cryptsy votes up to 34355 at the time of this post, DNotes remains in position #2 with the top position at 42545. As Alan mentioned we may not need to compete with the top position, but it could only help our case if we make it to #1.

Also, as a reminder, tomorrow is the deadline for New York's bitlicense. For New York residents, be sure to check your exchange's balance and if they are licensed. Poloniex will no longer be serving New York residents.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:57:49 PM

On a normal day I received 50 DNotes related emails from around the world. With few exceptions, I response to every single one; most of them are just copy and paste, of course, but some are more personalized. I do not like auto response. Reading every single email is demanding but it gives me a very good feel of how DNotes and our related projects are being received.

Perhaps over 10% of my replies are individually responded to, including some from high level executives and others that relate to our long term plan.  The following email is an example of that and worth sharing: For privacy the name has been changed.

Hello Alan,

I hope you are trying to enjoy your summer and keeping cool. I just downloaded your Dnotes Education guide real great and user friendly. One thing that sparked my attention is the retirement plan that you added. Could the same concept of Insurance be added to it?

I mean it is a thought considering Fintech insurance is trying to get out.

Let me know what you think.

Jane

Hello Jane,

Very good to hear from you. I am doing well and have always enjoyed the summer since I love gardening. Hope you are doing well too.

DNotes is much more than another digital currency. We are always very proactive in identifying industry problems and challenges and provide solutions where we can. Educating consumers globally is one of them; hence the DNotes Educational Guide you just downloaded. We will be launching DCEbrief later this month. There is a serious knowledge vacuum in our industry, even among high level executives who are currently participants in our industry. DCEBrief focuses on providing "Executive Summary" on issues that matter, with full length articles. All indications are that it will be very well received.

I am glad that you had a chance to visit DNotesVault and took notice of CRISP For Retirement. All of our CRISP programs are still in pilot phase positioned for full scale roll-out at the most opportune time. The biggest holdback is regulatory constraint which otherwise would allow anyone worldwide to acquire DNotes with their local currency and instantly send the DNotes to their CRISP account at DNotesVault. However, I am confident that such convenience will become a reality in a number of countries in the near future. Imagine shopping in Spain at a "participating" convenient store and be able to tell the checkout person, " Make it $100 euros and send the change to my DNotes savings" One tap on your smart phone to bring up a selection of DNotes addresses and tap on the one you wanted the change to be sent to. Done.

"One thing that sparked my attention is the retirement plan that you added. Could the same concept of Insurance be added to it?"

And finally to answer your question. The answer is 'yes' if you can wait. Within 3 to 5 years DNotes ecosystem will include a registered and licensed exchange, banks, partner banks among others offering a full suite of financial services. Pilot on CRISP for Insurance could start as early as next year. Initial test will offer a whole life policy with a "Term Rider" and a universal life policy with different flavors.

In the mean time, CRISP For Employee Incentive Benefits is actually designed to engage Insurance Agencies and Insurance Sales Persons early so that they get to know DNotes and become DNotes stakeholders. For those who are not familiar with insurance sales, it is helpful to know that this industry spends billions on cash incentive often payout daily or weekly to reward producers who are typically dependent on 100% commission.

I hope this answered your question.

All my best to you,

Alan
matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:21:21 PM

inspiring. the way that you and the team of DNOTES find and show the path inspires me. I love systematic way of thinking, which is describe very well the individuals in this team

On a normal day I received 50 DNotes related emails from around the world. With few exceptions, I response to every single one; most of them are just copy and paste, of course, but some are more personalized. I do not like auto response. Reading every single email is demanding but it gives me a very good feel of how DNotes and our related projects are being received.

Perhaps over 10% of my replies are individually responded to, including some from high level executives and others that relate to our long term plan.  The following email is an example of that and worth sharing: For privacy the name has been changed.

Hello Alan,

I hope you are trying to enjoy your summer and keeping cool. I just downloaded your Dnotes Education guide real great and user friendly. One thing that sparked my attention is the retirement plan that you added. Could the same concept of Insurance be added to it?

Jane

Hello Jane,

Very good to hear from you. I am doing well and have always enjoyed the summer since I love gardening. Hope you are doing well too.

DNotes is much more than another digital currency. We are always very proactive in identifying industry problems and challenges and provide solutions where we can. Educating consumers globally is one of them; hence the DNotes Educational Guide you just downloaded. We will be launching DCEbrief later this month. There is a serious knowledge vacuum in our industry, even among high level executives who are currently participants in our industry. DCEBrief focuses on providing "Executive Summary" on issues that matter, with full length articles. All indications are that it will be very well received.

I am glad that you had a chance to visit DNotesVault and took notice of CRISP For Retirement. All of our CRISP programs are still in pilot phase positioned for full scale roll-out at the most opportune time. The biggest holdback is regulatory constraint which otherwise would allow anyone worldwide to acquire DNotes with their local currency and instantly send the DNotes to their CRISP account at DNotesVault. However, I am confident that such convenience will become a reality in a number of countries in the near future. Imagine shopping in Spain at a "participating" convenient store and be able to tell the checkout person, " Make it $100 euros and send the change to my DNotes savings" One tap on your smart phone to bring up a selection of DNotes addresses and tap on the one you wanted the change to be sent to. Done.

"One thing that sparked my attention is the retirement plan that you added. Could the same concept of Insurance be added to it?"

And finally to answer your question. The answer is 'yes' if you can wait. Within 3 to 5 years DNotes ecosystem will include a registered and licensed exchange, banks, partner banks among others offering a full suite of financial services. Pilot on CRISP for Insurance could start as early as next year. Initial test will offer a whole life policy with a "Term Rider" and a universal life policy with different flavors.

In the mean time, CRISP For Employee Incentive Benefits is actually designed to engage Insurance Agencies and Insurance Sales Persons early so that they get to know DNotes and become DNotes stakeholders. For those who are not familiar with insurance sales, it is helpful to know that this industry spends billions on cash incentive often payout daily or weekly to reward producers who are typically dependent on 100% commission.

All my best to you,

Alan

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 05:48:33 PM

inspiring. the way that you and the team of DNOTES find and show the path inspires me. I love systematic way of thinking, which is describe very well the individuals in this team

Hello Alan,

Jane

Hello Jane,

All my best to you,

Alan

Thank you for your support Mati! We are looking at digital currency from all angles, in the short and long term, to find a path to make DNotes a globally accepted currency.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 07:29:05 PM

Cryptsy votes up to 34355 at the time of this post, DNotes remains in position #2 with the top position at 42545. As Alan mentioned we may not need to compete with the top position, but it could only help our case if we make it to #1.

Also, as a reminder, tomorrow is the deadline for New York's bitlicense. For New York residents, be sure to check your exchange's balance and if they are licensed. Poloniex will no longer be serving New York residents.

Yesterday met with Horus from Cryptsy in chatroom, ask support to add DNotes and fast explain how serius proyect is, he say the are starting to add coins again and problably soon have surpraise   Grin

Just not forgot voting DNotes in cryptsy for free https://www.cryptsy.com If you can afford to contribute .01 BTC ($3) send it to:

14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ  for 50 votes

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 08:09:48 PM

Yesterday met with Horus from Cryptsy in chatroom, ask support to add DNotes and fast explain how serius proyect is, he say the are starting to add coins again and problably soon have surpraise   Grin

Just not forgot voting DNotes in cryptsy for free https://www.cryptsy.com If you can afford to contribute .01 BTC ($3) send it to:

14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ  for 50 votes

Thanks Infovortice! That is great news. Appreciate you reaching out to Cryptsy, the whole community will benefit.

Agreed, Cryptsy points are still more votes for your money if you have an account.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:41:28 AM

Hello Alan,

Jane

Hello Jane,

All my best to you,

Alan

Mati said, "Inspiring. the way that you and the team of DNOTES find and show the path inspires me. I love systematic way of thinking, which is described very well by the individuals in this team."

I have been involved in fairly large projects before but nothing like what we are doing at DNotes and the building of our own ecosystem. Nothing that I have ever done could come close to the scope and potential of what DNotes could be in terms of long-term growth based on the path that we have crafted. Yet, that is not what inspired me and our communities. It is the challenge of doing the right things with trust and integrity, and if successfully delivered, could positively impact so many global challenges confronting the human race today.

Though it is easy and convenient to point out specific problems and link them to our world leaders, down to local leadership, a more objective conclusion could be the recognition that they are the result of accumulative temptation to over promise and over spend over multiple terms. This has led many nations to spend way beyond their means resulting in penalizing the working class who worked hard in good faith yet ended up losing all or most of their live savings. We are committed and passionate in building DNotes, not as a replacement of fiat currency, but as an alternative store of value to supplement their life savings. I personally believe that it is a prudent choice after seeing great financial hardship around the world today.

I am currently focusing my attention on DCEBrief and may not have as much time to post over the next few days. Thank you all for your great efforts in getting out the votes to get DNotes listed on Cryptsy. Keep the votes coming and don't forget to join the write-in campaign.
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:10:29 AM

Another positive step:  http://cointelegraph.com/news/115063/bitcoin-set-to-become-a-global-currency-in-australia
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:12:33 AM

Saturday Morning Food for Thought

'Total Data Security Approach'

Talked to a cryptography enthusiast the other day about 'ordinary cryptography' -- normal Internet security, etc., not including crypto currencies.

Been thinking for ages that we could be taking an approach whereby we assume that the use of one or more cryptos is integral to the general security of ordinary people. Think about it, having anti-virus on your computer, for example, is an 'overlap point.' You gotta have it for general security; ya gotta have it as part of the security of your crypto wallets.

Saleable product!

IMZ Mark
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 02:21:01 AM

Essentially making digital currency no different than any other money.

Australian inquiry says digital currencies are real money

An Australian government inquiry will recommend treating digital currencies as money, simplifying tax for people who trade with them while forcing bitcoin exchanges to monitor customers for potential money laundering and terrorism financing activities.

The Senate committee recommendations, included in a report to be tabled in parliament next week and obtained in advance by Reuters, underscore governments' growing acceptance of the role of so-called "cryptocurrencies" around the world.

If implemented, the changes would align Australia with the United Kingdom and Spain by having people pay sales tax just once if they buy something with bitcoin, while leaving other nations like Sweden to fret over its true legal status.

[...]

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/05/us-australia-bitcoin-idUSKCN0QA0TS20150805?feedType=RSS&feedName=technologyNews

Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: