Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:19:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 03:27:06 PM

It appears charitypool is down.

Hey marcuslong, looks like they are back up?

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:41:17 PM

The news at Mintpal goes from bad to worse.  It seems as though there was a reason we weren't getting our Bitcoin back.  I managed to help everyone I know get their DNotes off of there, but still haven't been able to withdraw mine.  I received their automatic reply email on the 16th and then nothing, despite several other requests.  The first job of government regulation should be to clean up the exchanges, starting with insurance against fraud!

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/mintpals-3700-stolen-bitcoin-likely-in-hands-of-alleged-scammer-alex-green/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:47:15 PM

The news at Mintpal goes from bad to worse.  It seems as though there was a reason we weren't getting our Bitcoin back.  I managed to help everyone I know get their DNotes off of there, but still haven't been able to withdraw mine.  I received their automatic reply email on the 16th and then nothing, despite several other requests.  The first job of government regulation should be to clean up the exchanges, starting with insurance against fraud!

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/mintpals-3700-stolen-bitcoin-likely-in-hands-of-alleged-scammer-alex-green/

It does not look like we will see those Bitcoins again. Mintpal returned some of the smaller amount of altcoin but not the larger accounts. They could be gone too.

I agree that all the exchanges should be regulated one day soon. SEC may already be looking at Alex Green and Moopay:

"SEC INVESTIGATION OF “ALEX GREEN,” MOOPAY LTD, AND SEVEN OTHER CRYPTOCURRENCY COMPANIES CURRENTLY UNDERWAY"

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sec-investigation-of-alex-green-moolah-moopay-ltd-and-seven-other-cryptocurrency-companies-currently-underway/

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:59:26 PM

The sites is up but seems like the pool is down or the stratum server.  When I direct my miner to pool just keeps asking for work.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 11:57:09 PM

The sites is up but seems like the pool is down or the stratum server.  When I direct my miner to pool just keeps asking for work.

Ahh, sent CMP a message. Looks like it may be a issue on the pool side.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:22:44 AM

If you have not yet heard of XCurrency, this is a good time to find out more.  XCurrency has always been my second largest investment in cryptocurrency outside of DNotes. They have an exceptional development team, under the leadership of Dan Metcalf, an accomplished computer and network security expert. I have always been impressed by the professional conduct of their team and their vision of the direction of our industry. The “Internet of Blockchains’ – BLOCKNET they are launching is a major breakthrough that will likely be a game-changer in how our industry collaborate in utilizing their resources to build a powerhouse collectively. This is a significant industry event and I certainly encourage you to check it out.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/xcurrency-introduces-internet-blockchains-blocknet/

XCURRENCY INTRODUCES THE “INTERNET OF BLOCKCHAINS” – BLOCKNET

It's good to see the DNotes team can appreciate what other coins are doing. I will be investing in both XCurrency and DNotes soon... Possibly a few others. It is tough to tell what coins are legitimate, but I'm glad I found you guys.

It's pretty cool to see that somebody else appears to make the same invest choices as myself. XC has also been my second largest holding since about march, only problem is I bought in at more than twice what they are currently trading at. I sold quite a few XC at their peak of 0.0052 btc though (about 5x what they are currently trading at) which maybe makes up for it. Day trading is a tough game, and probably not for me.

This will be awesome.

I suspect that quite a few of DNotes stakeholders also have some investments in XC. At around 0.001 BTC I believe that it is undervalued. There have been a lot of “protest” selling from stakeholders who had high hopes on XC and may have doubts if Blocknet is going to benefit them.

What they are doing is quite complex and not that user friendly or easy to understand.  There are also fairly high risk exposures, by including some very new players in the group. Not getting along has been the most destructive force of our industry. It also depends on whether they are limiting participation only to crypto currencies with privacy and anonymity focus or be more inclusive of others.

What are the pros and cons of DNotes being included in a project such as Blocknet?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:10:15 AM

If you have not yet heard of XCurrency, this is a good time to find out more.  XCurrency has always been my second largest investment in cryptocurrency outside of DNotes. They have an exceptional development team, under the leadership of Dan Metcalf, an accomplished computer and network security expert. I have always been impressed by the professional conduct of their team and their vision of the direction of our industry. The “Internet of Blockchains’ – BLOCKNET they are launching is a major breakthrough that will likely be a game-changer in how our industry collaborate in utilizing their resources to build a powerhouse collectively. This is a significant industry event and I certainly encourage you to check it out.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/xcurrency-introduces-internet-blockchains-blocknet/

XCURRENCY INTRODUCES THE “INTERNET OF BLOCKCHAINS” – BLOCKNET

It's good to see the DNotes team can appreciate what other coins are doing. I will be investing in both XCurrency and DNotes soon... Possibly a few others. It is tough to tell what coins are legitimate, but I'm glad I found you guys.

It's pretty cool to see that somebody else appears to make the same invest choices as myself. XC has also been my second largest holding since about march, only problem is I bought in at more than twice what they are currently trading at. I sold quite a few XC at their peak of 0.0052 btc though (about 5x what they are currently trading at) which maybe makes up for it. Day trading is a tough game, and probably not for me.

This will be awesome.

I suspect that quite a few of DNotes stakeholders also have some investments in XC. At around 0.001 BTC I believe that it is undervalued. There have been a lot of “protest” selling from stakeholders who had high hopes on XC and may have doubts if Blocknet is going to benefit them.

What they are doing is quite complex and not that user friendly or easy to understand.  There are also fairly high risk exposures, by including some very new players in the group. Not getting along has been the most destructive force of our industry. It also depends on whether they are limiting participation only to crypto currencies with privacy and anonymity focus or be more inclusive of others.

What are the pros and cons of DNotes being included in a project such as Blocknet?

At this point, it is a little early to be conclusive since a lot of things are rather fluid. The industry has certainly started the consolidation phase. There are certainly advantages to join force with the right industry peers, at least in certainly areas, but there also significant risk of being associated with the wrong players and not able to get along. This industry has a higher tendency to be involved in a lot more unproductive conducts than I have ever witnessed in my long business career.

DNotes strategic path is to build a solid track record the first year and be a lot more aggressive with our growth path starting the second year. New technologies always evolve and get better over time. Apple Newton has taken over twenty years to be the smart phone as we know it today. I have been down that route. No matter how exciting the first generation of a new technology or concept may come across to be, there are always rooms for improvements. Let's say I will be keeping a very close watch on Blocknet and keep our options open. Please share your comments.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:17:02 AM

At this point, it is a little early to be conclusive since a lot of things are rather fluid. The industry has certainly started the consolidation phase. There are certainly advantages to join force with the right industry peers, at least in certainly areas, but there also significant risk of being associated with the wrong players and not able to get along. This industry has a higher tendency to be involved in a lot more unproductive conducts than I have ever witnessed in my long business career.

DNotes strategic path is to build a solid track record the first year and be a lot more aggressive with our growth path starting the second year. New technologies always evolve and get better over time. Apple Newton has taken over twenty years to be the smart phone as we know it today. I have been down that route. No matter how exciting the first generation of a new technology or concept may come across to be, there are always rooms for improvements. Let's say I will be keeping a very close watch on Blocknet and keep our options open. Please share your comments.

I like the path DNotes has chosen, steady, sustainable, and prepared to abide by the law. DNotes has a longer, and cleaner track record than any of the coins participating in Blocknet. We also have a very intelligent, mature community. It would be a shame to attract people who demand instant gratification, and take it out on the coin when they don't receive it.

The Blocknet IPO sounds interesting, but I will not be participating, as there is no cap to the amount of shares they can issue during the IPO. I may invest a very small amount in the future, depending mainly on price and total supply.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:22:59 AM

I like the path DNotes has chosen, steady, sustainable, and prepared to abide by the law. DNotes has a longer, and cleaner track record than any of the coins participating in Blocknet. We also have a very intelligent, mature community. It would be a shame to attract people who demand instant gratification, and take it out on the coin when they don't receive it.

The Blocknet IPO sounds interesting, but I will not be participating, as there is no cap to the amount of shares they can issue during the IPO. I may invest a very small amount in the future, depending mainly on price and total supply.

XCurrency has taken quite a hit so far but I am confident it will be a solid investment at the current price of around 100K. There is always a risk to do a lot quickly. Many of their investors may not understand enough as to what Blocknet is all about but I believe it is good for the industry.

DNotes will do well by itself because of our strategic positioning. We are all about being a trustworthy currency for the masses. DNotesVault, to be launched in a few weeks, along with our family of CR.I.S.Ps. (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans) will be a major step in the right direction. Subsequent projects to be systematically launched over the next 24 months will solidify our foundation, allowing DNotes to be a serious player in cross border currency transfer, payment processing, mobile applications, and others. We will take our time to do the right at the right time.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:41:27 PM

Ahh, sent CMP a message. Looks like it may be a issue on the pool side.

Just to give an update, I haven't heard back from CMP as of yet. Still appears to have an issue on the pool.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:50:07 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 03:55:56 AM by Dyna

From CryptoMoms Forum

Quote from: Veronica on October 21, 2014, 10:31:58 PM

What is the deal with apple pay? what does it have that is beneficial in comparison to something like google chekout?

Quote from Shepherd:

Hi everyone. The DNotes team has been working hard on DNotesVault and our family of CR.I.S.Ps, so I may not have much time to participate in this forum the next few days. Chase, one of our core supporters, said it best “the DNotesVault and CR.I.S.P. combination is the single most significant step any coin has taken towards mass adoption". This will take DNotes very far.

We are also watching ApplePay and Google Wallet closely. The following article from Business News Daily offers the best answer to your question:

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/7118-apple-pay-vs-google-wallet.html

Apple Pay vs. Google Wallet: Which Is Better for Mobile Payments?

by Sara Angeles, BusinessNewsDaily Staff Writer   |   September 11, 2014 05:26pm ET

Apple Pay is finally here. After months of rumors, Apple confirmed this week that the iPhone will have near-field communication (NFC) functionality. Now, you and your customers can pay for in-store purchases using an iPhone, thus eliminating the need to carry around cash and credit cards. NFC is nothing new, but with Apple finally catching up to its competitors, many speculate that it could mean big things for the future of mobile payments. But how does Apple Pay compare to its closest mobile payments rival, Google Wallet? Read on to find out.

Checkout Apple Pay.
Apple Pay combines NFC technology and the iPhone's Touch ID fingerprint reader to speed up checkout. Simply hold your iPhone near the contactless reader with your finger on the Touch ID, and the phone will vibrate and beep when checkout is complete. There's no need to open any apps or even turn on your screen.[Apple Pay: Top 3 Features for Small Business Owners]

Google Wallet. Google Wallet also uses NFC technology and requires you to hold your phone near the contactless reader to finish checkout. Unlike Apple Pay, however, Google Wallet requires a couple of extra steps: You'll need to wake up your screen and, in some cases, enter a PIN to complete the purchase. [Plan on accepting Apple Pay or Google Wallet? You'll need a contactless reader from your point-of-sale (POS) system provider. For a side-by-side comparison of the best POS systems, visit our sister site Top Ten Reviews.]

Setup

Apple Pay. There are several ways to add credit and debit cards to Apple Pay, which are all stored in Passbook. The easiest way is to use the credit or debit card already associated with your iTunes account by entering the security code. To add a new card, you can either take a photo of the card or enter the information manually.

Google Wallet. To add a card to Google Wallet, you can either sign in to the Google Wallet website, use the Settings menu in the mobile app or log in through your bank's website.

What makes Apple Pay different?
Apple Pay, like other Apple products, is designed to work entirely within the Apple and iOS ecosystem. What ultimately makes Apple Pay different from Google Wallet is that it aims to be the central hub for all purchases that iPhone users make, spanning everything from offline to mobile purchases.

Apple Pay relies heavily on Passbook to store credit cards, which makes perfect sense, considering Passbook already stores your mobile payments and loyalty cards (along with coupons, tickets and boarding passes). If you use Google Wallet on your iPhone, you'll have to use the Google Wallet app, which requires extra steps and isn't streamlined with all your other payment data. In addition to in-store checkout, you can use Apple Pay to pay for in-app purchases, which you can't do with Google Wallet. Just choose "Apple Pay" during checkout and place your finger on Touch ID to complete the purchase.

What makes Google Wallet different?
Like Apple Pay, Google Wallet lets you pay for both online and offline purchases. What Apple Pay lacks, though, Google Wallet makes up for by offering even more ways to pay and send money online. Google Wallet payments aren't limited to major credit and debit cards. You can also use your Wallet Balance — the amount stored in your Google Wallet or Google Wallet Card, Google's MasterCard debit card — to pay for purchases. This feature is especially useful if you want to keep your personal credit and debit cards out of your smartphone.

Additionally, Google Wallet works seamlessly with Google Play, Drive, YouTube and other Google properties, as well as apps and mobile websites that already use the "Buy with Google" button. Unlike Apple Pay, Google Wallet also lets you send money to — or request money from — friends. All you need is the other person's email address, and money can be wired either by bank transfer or using your Wallet Balance.

Security concerns
Apple has taken many steps to make Apple Pay safe and secure, including the following:
•   Encryption: Credit and debit card numbers are never stored on devices, transferred or visible to anyone. Instead, Apple Pay assigns each credit and debit card with a unique, encrypted Device Account Number to process payments.
•   Private purchases: With the exception of recent purchases listed in Passbook, Apple itself doesn't store any of your purchase information or transactions.
•   Remote access: If you ever lose your device, you can disable or wipe your phone remotely with Find My iPhone.
Google Wallet also offers many security features, including the following:
•   24/7 fraud monitoring: With 100 percent fraud protection for unauthorized purchases made in the U.S., Google Wallet arguably offers a higher level of protection than Apple Pay.
•   Wallet PIN: Use a four-digit PIN to authorize purchases.
•   Remote lock: If your device is lost or stolen, you can remotely disable Google Wallet via your Google Wallet account.

Availability
Apple Pay will be available on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus beginning in October. The app works with major Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit and debit cards, and will be accepted at more than 220,000 stores. Participating banks include Bank of America, Chase, Capital One, Citi and Wells Fargo, with US Bank, PNC and other banks to follow.

Google Wallet is available on iOS 6.0+ and Android Gingerbread v2.3+ devices. Like Apple Pay, Google Wallet accepts all major credit cards and can be used at any establishment that uses contactless payments.

Originally published on Business News Daily.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:30:20 AM

I really want to know more about C.R.IS.PS as people like me don't have much in savings or a pension plan so I want to read up more about it tonight. Also a friend of mine and fellow Team Player in QBK has opened a pool for mining DNOTES too..So I am mining there from today as well.  www.btcpool.club This is the pool maybe you can add it to your OP?  Smiley.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 02:27:56 PM

I really want to know more about C.R.IS.PS as people like me don't have much in savings or a pension plan so I want to read up more about it tonight. Also a friend of mine and fellow Team Player in QBK has opened a pool for mining DNOTES too..So I am mining there from today as well.  www.btcpool.club This is the pool maybe you can add it to your OP?  Smiley.

Thank you qiwoman! Added to the OP.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:54:41 PM

From CryptoMoms Forum

What is the deal with apple pay? what does it have that is beneficial in comparison to something like google chekout?

Quote from Shepherd:

Hi everyone. The DNotes team has been working hard on DNotesVault and our family of CR.I.S.Ps, so I may not have much time to participate in this forum the next few days. Chase, one of our core supporters, said it best “the DNotesVault and CR.I.S.P. combination is the single most significant step any coin has taken towards mass adoption". This will take DNotes very far.

We are also watching ApplePay and Google Wallet closely. The following article from Business News Daily offers the best answer to your question:

by Sara Angeles, BusinessNewsDaily Staff Writer   |   September 11, 2014 05:26pm ET

Apple Pay is finally here. After months of rumors, Apple confirmed this week that the iPhone will have near-field communication (NFC) functionality. Now, you and your customers can pay for in-store purchases using an iPhone, thus eliminating the need to carry around cash and credit cards. NFC is nothing new, but with Apple finally catching up to its competitors, many speculate that it could mean big things for the future of mobile payments. But how does Apple Pay compare to its closest mobile payments rival, Google Wallet? Read on to find out.

Checkout Apple Pay.
Apple Pay combines NFC technology and the iPhone's Touch ID fingerprint reader to speed up checkout. Simply hold your iPhone near the contactless reader with your finger on the Touch ID, and the phone will vibrate and beep when checkout is complete. There's no need to open any apps or even turn on your screen.[Apple Pay: Top 3 Features for Small Business Owners]

Google Wallet. Google Wallet also uses NFC technology and requires you to hold your phone near the contactless reader to finish checkout. Unlike Apple Pay, however, Google Wallet requires a couple of extra steps: You'll need to wake up your screen and, in some cases, enter a PIN to complete the purchase. [Plan on accepting Apple Pay or Google Wallet? You'll need a contactless reader from your point-of-sale (POS) system provider. For a side-by-side comparison of the best POS systems, visit our sister site Top Ten Reviews.]

Setup

Apple Pay. There are several ways to add credit and debit cards to Apple Pay, which are all stored in Passbook. The easiest way is to use the credit or debit card already associated with your iTunes account by entering the security code. To add a new card, you can either take a photo of the card or enter the information manually.

Google Wallet. To add a card to Google Wallet, you can either sign in to the Google Wallet website, use the Settings menu in the mobile app or log in through your bank's website.

Apple Pay, like other Apple products, is designed to work entirely within the Apple and iOS ecosystem. What ultimately makes Apple Pay different from Google Wallet is that it aims to be the central hub for all purchases that iPhone users make, spanning everything from offline to mobile purchases.

Apple Pay relies heavily on Passbook to store credit cards, which makes perfect sense, considering Passbook already stores your mobile payments and loyalty cards (along with coupons, tickets and boarding passes). If you use Google Wallet on your iPhone, you'll have to use the Google Wallet app, which requires extra steps and isn't streamlined with all your other payment data. In addition to in-store checkout, you can use Apple Pay to pay for in-app purchases, which you can't do with Google Wallet. Just choose "Apple Pay" during checkout and place your finger on Touch ID to complete the purchase.

Like Apple Pay, Google Wallet lets you pay for both online and offline purchases. What Apple Pay lacks, though, Google Wallet makes up for by offering even more ways to pay and send money online. Google Wallet payments aren't limited to major credit and debit cards. You can also use your Wallet Balance — the amount stored in your Google Wallet or Google Wallet Card, Google's MasterCard debit card — to pay for purchases. This feature is especially useful if you want to keep your personal credit and debit cards out of your smartphone.

Additionally, Google Wallet works seamlessly with Google Play, Drive, YouTube and other Google properties, as well as apps and mobile websites that already use the "Buy with Google" button. Unlike Apple Pay, Google Wallet also lets you send money to — or request money from — friends. All you need is the other person's email address, and money can be wired either by bank transfer or using your Wallet Balance.

Security concerns
Apple has taken many steps to make Apple Pay safe and secure, including the following:
•   Encryption: Credit and debit card numbers are never stored on devices, transferred or visible to anyone. Instead, Apple Pay assigns each credit and debit card with a unique, encrypted Device Account Number to process payments.
•   Private purchases: With the exception of recent purchases listed in Passbook, Apple itself doesn't store any of your purchase information or transactions.
•   Remote access: If you ever lose your device, you can disable or wipe your phone remotely with Find My iPhone.
•   24/7 fraud monitoring: With 100 percent fraud protection for unauthorized purchases made in the U.S., Google Wallet arguably offers a higher level of protection than Apple Pay.
•   Remote lock: If your device is lost or stolen, you can remotely disable Google Wallet via your Google Wallet account.

Availability
Apple Pay will be available on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus beginning in October. The app works with major Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit and debit cards, and will be accepted at more than 220,000 stores. Participating banks include Bank of America, Chase, Capital One, Citi and Wells Fargo, with US Bank, PNC and other banks to follow.

Google Wallet is available on iOS 6.0+ and Android Gingerbread v2.3+ devices. Like Apple Pay, Google Wallet accepts all major credit cards and can be used at any establishment that uses contactless payments.

I was against Apple Pay at first because I let myself fall victim to media bias, and didn't fully understand what implications the technology would have on the way we make payments. The media pitted it against Bitcoin, when in fact it is nothing like Bitcoin at all. NFC payments could be used to facilitate cryptocurrency transactions at Point Of Sale terminals, and it would make sense for Apple to do so because they would be substantially cut overhead cost in fees. Whether or not Apple Pay embraces cryptocurrency, NFC is a good thing for our industry. Like you said earlier; no matter how exciting the first generation of a new technology or concept may be, there will always be room for improvement.
BoscoBlue

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:30:14 PM

From CryptoMoms Forum

Quote from Shepherd:

Checkout Apple Pay.

Setup

Security concerns

Availability

I was against Apple Pay at first because I let myself fall victim to media bias, and didn't fully understand what implications the technology would have on the way we make payments. The media pitted it against Bitcoin, when in fact it is nothing like Bitcoin at all. NFC payments could be used to facilitate cryptocurrency transactions at Point Of Sale terminals, and it would make sense for Apple to do so because they would be substantially cut overhead cost in fees. Whether or not Apple Pay embraces cryptocurrency, NFC is a good thing for our industry. Like you said earlier; no matter how exciting the first generation of a new technology or concept may be, there will always be room for improvement.

Goes to show how little the world really understands cryptocurrency if even the media doesn't fully understand it. It seems like they are pitting it against bitcoin because of the word digital wallet. That's like comparing dollars to the debit card that you use to spend those dollars.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:55:49 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 05:15:12 PM by CryptoBroker79

Goes to show how little the world really understands cryptocurrency if even the media doesn't fully understand it. It seems like they are pitting it against bitcoin because of the word digital wallet. That's like comparing dollars to the debit card that you use to spend those dollars.

You're 100% correct, most people barely grasp the concept of Bitcoin yet. They don't understand what an algorithm is, know the difference between POS and POW, and they aren't willing to part with their money to what they think may be a ponzi scheme. What they want is a reputable name they can trust, and someone who can simplify the system to make their lives easier.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:23:46 PM

I'm not sure if I would put too much weight into this, but here is what Moolah posted on Twitter:

Moolah @moolah_io  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Withdrawal processing is ongoing, and user notes are being actioned and responded to.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 08:28:48 PM

I agree 100% with this. DNotes will be successful by "staying the course" not forging into unknown areas and relationships. I'm afraid most of the coins joining SuperNet and BlockNet are doing so out of the mistaken belief that their value will skyrocket but, I don't see this happening. Some early adopters might profit but, in the long run, most will end up where they are already with no great gain to show for the effort.

Slow and steady wins the race...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
BoscoBlue

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:23:04 AM

I agree 100% with this. DNotes will be successful by "staying the course" not forging into unknown areas and relationships. I'm afraid most of the coins joining SuperNet and BlockNet are doing so out of the mistaken belief that their value will skyrocket but, I don't see this happening. Some early adopters might profit but, in the long run, most will end up where they are already with no great gain to show for the effort.

I tend to agree here.

I've been looking into long term cryptocurrency investments. Long term because I'm not a day trader, nor do I want to try to follow the cryptocurrency industry to know what to invest in next. I've changed my mind on investing in XCurrency because it appears the price is driven by advancements in technology and for the price to appreciate, or possibly even sustain the price, they need to keep coming up with new technologies. It seems to be that way for most popular coins today, except for bitcoin and DNotes.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:32:07 AM

I tend to agree here.

I've been looking into long term cryptocurrency investments. Long term because I'm not a day trader, nor do I want to try to follow the cryptocurrency industry to know what to invest in next. I've changed my mind on investing in XCurrency because it appears the price is driven by advancements in technology and for the price to appreciate, or possibly even sustain the price, they need to keep coming up with new technologies. It seems to be that way for most popular coins today, except for bitcoin and DNotes.

+1

My favorite before DNotes was DogeCoin, because they had a different path to becoming successful other than just new technology.
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: