Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:49:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:05:38 PM

Did you actually consider changing from Scrypt to something which can not be mined by ASIC's? I think as soon as the ASIC hit mainstream a lot of the current scrypt coins will lose all it's value? I'm talking about those 60MH miners not small gridseeds.

It's tough to know what the effect will be, but litecoin will most likely be the coin that get hits hard with Asics initially. Since there is enough volume to support people dumping out. On the other end of the scale people buying gridseeds have big money, esp the ones from KnC that cost close to $10000. Now if it's someone that has dipped into there life savings and needs to ROI then they will be dumping out which could initially effect coin prices or make it so it costs more to mine the coin with the price/hash ratio. The later would only be a problem though if all POW scrypt coins became unprofitable to mine cause a person mining to ROI is going to take the best current priced coin and mine it via multipools.

On the other end of the spectrum you will have a rich investor who will buy some hw and also mine a coin they supporting not to dump out but to use and even buy more up. This is why POW coins with no USE will die out with ASICS and the rest will carry on.

Changing to a different ALGO means you are supporting people who can only afford graphic cards. Wink

The above is just my opinions of course and could be totally off.

Future ASICs, including the upcoming KNCs, will support current algorithms.  You're not going to get away from ASICs with an algorithm change.  You're only going to alienate the people with current generation ASICs, myself included.

The reality is that ASICs are cheaper than GPUs now.  A R9 270 will get 450kh at about $120-150 slightly used, and it runs at about 180W.  A gridseed 5-chip unit will get 360-500(OC'd)kh at about $100 new, and it runs at 8W.  There's a reason people are selling off all of their GPUs right now, and GPU prices are tanking.

-Fuse

That raises another good point that ASICs will provide better ROI if you replacing your current GPU KH just because of the power usage, so it makes a lot of coins more profitable.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
ando0022

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:12:06 PM

Did you actually consider changing from Scrypt to something which can not be mined by ASIC's? I think as soon as the ASIC hit mainstream a lot of the current scrypt coins will lose all it's value? I'm talking about those 60MH miners not small gridseeds.

It's tough to know what the effect will be, but litecoin will most likely be the coin that get hits hard with Asics initially. Since there is enough volume to support people dumping out. On the other end of the scale people buying gridseeds have big money, esp the ones from KnC that cost close to $10000. Now if it's someone that has dipped into there life savings and needs to ROI then they will be dumping out which could initially effect coin prices or make it so it costs more to mine the coin with the price/hash ratio. The later would only be a problem though if all POW scrypt coins became unprofitable to mine cause a person mining to ROI is going to take the best current priced coin and mine it via multipools.

On the other end of the spectrum you will have a rich investor who will buy some hw and also mine a coin they supporting not to dump out but to use and even buy more up. This is why POW coins with no USE will die out with ASICS and the rest will carry on.

Changing to a different ALGO means you are supporting people who can only afford graphic cards. Wink

Future ASICs, including the upcoming KNCs, will support current algorithms.  You're not going to get away from ASICs with an algorithm change.  You're only going to alienate the people with current generation ASICs, myself included.

The reality is that ASICs are cheaper than GPUs now.  A R9 270 will get 450kh at about $120-150 slightly used, and it runs at about 180W.  A gridseed 5-chip unit will get 360-500(OC'd)kh at about $100 new, and it runs at 8W.  There's a reason people are selling off all of their GPUs right now, and GPU prices are tanking.

-Fuse

That raises another good point that ASICs will provide better ROI if you replacing your current GPU KH just because of the power usage, so it makes a lot of coins more profitable.

but one Point  is safe, i somebody buy many ASCI´s, then she/he will dump every coin down to equalize their costs from buying this ASCI.
They spend very much Money for that and wanna have a ROI ..
who should buy all these millions of coins ?

sorry if i am to negative, but you are talking about a bright future with some ASCI`Farms and something else, but at first the most of this Persons wanna reach their ROI.

WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:21:25 PM

Future ASICs, including the upcoming KNCs, will support current algorithms.  You're not going to get away from ASICs with an algorithm change.  You're only going to alienate the people with current generation ASICs, myself included.

The reality is that ASICs are cheaper than GPUs now.  A R9 270 will get 450kh at about $120-150 slightly used, and it runs at about 180W.  A gridseed 5-chip unit will get 360-500(OC'd)kh at about $100 new, and it runs at 8W.  There's a reason people are selling off all of their GPUs right now, and GPU prices are tanking.

-Fuse

but one Point  is safe, i somebody buy many ASCI´s, then she/he will dump every coin down to equalize their costs from buying this ASCI.

sorry if i am to negative, but you are talking about a bright future with some ASCI`Farms and something else, but at first the most of this Persons wanna reach their ROI.

Hey Ando, that also concerns me but the good news is that it doesn't matter how many ASICs get thrown our way there will always be the same amount of daily coin earned +- depending on fluctuations on hash rate. The main thing is that enough buyers and enough use for the coin.

If I was living in Amsterdam I would most likely be a daily customer at De Prins Smiley or if I was living near any of the 3 Subway branches for that matter.

nfigueir

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:25:38 PM

-Fuse

but one Point  is safe, i somebody buy many ASCI´s, then she/he will dump every coin down to equalize their costs from buying this ASCI.

This is not really an issue because if the hash rate rises so rises the difficulty, and as such, the same amount of coins enters in circulation. The only difference is that they will be spread among less persons.

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:40:21 PM

Hey Ando, that also concerns me but the good news is that it doesn't matter how many ASICs get thrown our way there will always be the same amount of daily coin earned +- depending on fluctuations on hash rate. The main thing is that enough buyers and enough use for the coin.

If I was living in Amsterdam I would most likely be a daily customer at De Prins Smiley or if I was living near any of the 3 Subway branches for that matter.

+1... I'd be at De Prins every day too.

That's it, I'm moving!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:11:16 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 01:34:57 AM by Svener

Guldencoin team I have an idea regarding your distribution.

You are currently giving away 100 NLG which caters for 1.5 million citizens, however lets be honest the Dutch population is around 17 million and how many of those people are under 16 and also elderly people that will probably never use the coin.

Have you thought about maybe increasing the reward to 500 or maybe a 1000, lets say you do 1000 then you can also market it as saying the first 150000 thousand people will get 1000 NLG each. The benefit here is that at least 1000 NLG has some value where people will make a effort to get it. Not that it is my business but maybe think about it and maybe the community has some other ideas

The only issue would be people who claimed 100 NLG already, how would they get the 900 remaining to them?

EDIT: Also this will get rid of the distribution funds a lot quicker.
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:08:45 AM

Guldencoin team I have an idea regarding your distribution.

You are currently giving away 100 NLG which caters for 1.5 million citizens, however lets be honest the Dutch population is around 17 million and how many of those people are under 16 and also elderly people that will probably never use the coin.

Have you thought about maybe increasing the reward to 500 or maybe a 1000, lets say you do 1000 then you can also market it as saying the first 150000 thousand people will get 1000 NLG each. The benefit here is that at least 1000 NLG has some value where people will make a effort to get it. Not that it is my business but maybe think about it and maybe the community has some other ideas

The only issue would be people who claimed 100 NLG already, how would they get the 900 remaining to them?

EDIT: Also this will get rid of the distribution funds a lot quicker.

There is a lot more then 1.5 million working class citizens in the Netherlands but I also think if the reward was increased to 1000 it would bring more interest in from the 150k Dutch people that are lucky enough to hear about it, if the price eventually goes to 1000 Satoshi then 100 is good but say 20 000 people claim to dump out into btc, that would be 20mil coins flooding the market.
I recommend the team at least bring out more value for the coin like they doing before increasing the rewards that high. 250 or 500 would be safer at this point in time.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
Coincookie

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:02:43 AM

For current prices of Guldencoin in Euro, Dollar and Bitcoin you can visit the ticker from Guldencoinforum.com with special thx to the community.

Cookie.

NLG: GNszAQ7Nwhz2E5ygqucYjVV36gV2Nkikzj
zhouhuiyan520

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Community

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:04:26 AM

it looks like goole map...some one want to dev it? Map coin...integrate with map

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.Sow3qFsWZYbXJBqoEJgibUjZTwYgNHoP3s
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pd7k5uwwAJYfR64VyPeuBUa49riKyTWbah
pijpenstelen

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:13:16 AM

For current prices of Guldencoin in Euro, Dollar and Bitcoin you can visit the ticker from Guldencoinforum.com with special thx to the community.

Cookie.

Very Cool! Will this be added to the ANN for future reference or should I just browse the guldencoinforum?

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
Coincookie

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:38:53 AM

Cookie.

I freaking new it was the last post.. Wink For now it's on there, maybe it'll get a place for its own.

C.

coin-swap

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:33:25 AM

NLG is listed at Coin-Swap.net

Markets
NLG/BTC
NLG/DOGE

Attention Miners: AUTO-SELL
Miners! We have an auto-sell feature so you can set your mining pool address to your order address at Coin-Swap. This will continue to add what you mine to a single order instead of having an order open for each deposit. You can change the price of your order without having to cancel and create a new order. Simply change the price!

Attention Pool operators: Easier order management
Want to offer your payouts in BTC? Want less headache managing your orders? Contact us for more information and special rates.

How to get started at Coin-Swap
Please read our Quick Start guide to help you get started!

Contact Us
If you have any problems or questions about setting up an order please feel free to contact us! coinswapnet at gmail.com or #coin-swap on Freenode.

Ian
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:59:09 PM

Really nice to join coin-swap I can do some nice trades there.
And now we have some merchants who accept the coin to.
We only need a price increase, so next time im in Amsterdam i could buy some snacks with my coins!

Wildwest

Activity: 1728
Merit: 315

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:18:32 PM

Really nice to join coin-swap I can do some nice trades there.
And now we have some merchants who accept the coin to.
We only need a price increase, so next time im in Amsterdam i could buy some snacks with my coins!

I think if the team come out with more updates within the next 2 weeks then we know this is going to be one serious VC.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Coincookie

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:34:44 PM

I definately think great things will come up and for sure this coin is serious. This dev team is yet to to meet it's match imo.

Cookie.

pijpenstelen

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:15:12 PM

I definately think great things will come up and for sure this coin is serious. This dev team is yet to to meet it's match imo.

Cookie.

This coin is a hidden gem. It just must not stay hidden forever Smiley

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:15:45 PM

Cookie.

This coin is a hidden gem. It just must not stay hidden forever Smiley

NLG is going for the approach of it's great instead of it's going to be great when the exposure comes.

TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:35:46 PM

And we most definitely will... Can't wait to show you guys the awesome stuff we have planned for the coming week.

Cool Cool Cool

This is coming at a good time after what happen on bittrex.
ando0022

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:36:30 PM

1,3 mio coins, puh that is a lot.

actuall all buyorder of bittrex in summary have a value of 0,26 btc ..
that is bad.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:39:12 PM

1,3 mio coins, puh that is a lot.

Yes. Now we will see if coin price can recover or go to under 100.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: