Bitcoin Forum
July 23, 2024, 09:27:51 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 [568] 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759194 times)
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 10:10:39 PM

It's an exciting time to be investing in WC. I love where the conversation is going in regards to features, and Im looking forward to seeing how the discussion plays out during the implementation stages. It certainly feels like WC has a long and bright future ahead of it - especially under Mogonzo's mature leadership.

Glad to be a part of this coin. Continuing to buy in. I'm certain that the days of 100-200 sat prices will soon be a thing of the past as we embark on a long journey of upward trending.

Thanks for your positive words, I was actually having a different moment when you typed those so it was interesting.

I stopped by the private forum of a coin I was "involved" with back in 2013.  Come to see that alot of what they had been talking about when I started to do other stuff, they are still kinda working on.  It really showed me that the "sustain" part of a coin is very difficult in the alt world.  We are seeing it now with DOGE, and some others, like whooa what happened?

I look at the communities, and minus their for fun talk, there's alot of similarities.  I think with our size and current conditions, we are poised for more improvement and growth that a lot of more "established" coins.

So you're exactly right, and the reason is, because day in, day out, the community does continue on.

***PS: The FUD in thier private forum: priceless.  Whats sad though is to see talented ppl waste their time defending.

...and just for the record, I'm definitely in support of an IPO-style roll out of WOC that somehow rewards current holders of WC but most importantly helps to fund WCF and to pay Devs for their work implementing new features.

Great stuff you guys, hope you like the new start to our website http://whitecoin.info Wink

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:37:16 PM

Great stuff you guys, hope you like the new start to our website http://whitecoin.info Wink

Amazing Job! Well Done! Bravo, Bravo, Bravissimo!

whitecoin.info is looking great!  Love the progress bars in our developments section.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:38:57 PM

Excellent work on the website! Its a whole lot better than the old one.  Grin

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 11:47:53 PM

Excellent work on the website! Its a whole lot better than the old one.  Grin

Thanks Ownski, great to hear!

Lotsa great things now can be accomplished with the framework we have in place for the site Smiley so many things are moving in the right direction, lots of hard work and hours going into WC and WCF!

Speaking of going in the right direction, our latest partnership group just tweeted that they are now considering adding WC into their social exchange service...

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:54:51 PM

I have to say that i really do think the people driving WC do think outside of the box and the usual crypto channels. I like it.

rocketcoins

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:52:58 AM

New Halifax-Based “CryptoCurrency” Could Create Big Opportunity With Small Change

WhiteCoin is a new Halifax-based electronic currency, an Atlantic entry into what President Chris Salsman calls the “CryptoCurrency” market. While the April 2014 launching of the alternative money was quite successful, trading within the top 5 of over 300 such cryptocurrencies its first week, problems quickly emerged, not the least of which was its shady founding by “mysterious unknown parties”, as described by a company press release.

But WhiteCoin’s online community rallied and performed an unprecedented internet overthrow of its creators and took control of it for themselves. The not-for-profit company has three missions, including developing the Whitecoin Transfer system, providing employment, and supporting appropriate charities and causes, while maintaining net neutrality. Salsman feels Halifax’s strategic global location is key to the cyber currency’s prospects.

Source:http://www.magic949.ca/news_brief.php?date=2014-07-02#48473
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:13:07 AM

New Halifax-Based “CryptoCurrency” Could Create Big Opportunity With Small Change

WhiteCoin is a new Halifax-based electronic currency, an Atlantic entry into what President Chris Salsman calls the “CryptoCurrency” market. While the April 2014 launching of the alternative money was quite successful, trading within the top 5 of over 300 such cryptocurrencies its first week, problems quickly emerged, not the least of which was its shady founding by “mysterious unknown parties”, as described by a company press release.

But WhiteCoin’s online community rallied and performed an unprecedented internet overthrow of its creators and took control of it for themselves. The not-for-profit company has three missions, including developing the Whitecoin Transfer system, providing employment, and supporting appropriate charities and causes, while maintaining net neutrality. Salsman feels Halifax’s strategic global location is key to the cyber currency’s prospects.

Source:http://www.magic949.ca/news_brief.php?date=2014-07-02#48473

Media Exposure for WC & WCF...
Partnerships formed and forming...
New Investors...
New Website...
Developments...

Awesome  Grin
Foundation Forming...

Awesome stuff

malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:33:43 AM

It's an exciting time to be investing in WC. I love where the conversation is going in regards to features, and Im looking forward to seeing how the discussion plays out during the implementation stages. It certainly feels like WC has a long and bright future ahead of it - especially under Mogonzo's mature leadership.

Glad to be a part of this coin. Continuing to buy in. I'm certain that the days of 100-200 sat prices will soon be a thing of the past as we embark on a long journey of upward trending.

Thanks for your positive words, I was actually having a different moment when you typed those so it was interesting.

I stopped by the private forum of a coin I was "involved" with back in 2013.  Come to see that alot of what they had been talking about when I started to do other stuff, they are still kinda working on.  It really showed me that the "sustain" part of a coin is very difficult in the alt world.  We are seeing it now with DOGE, and some others, like whooa what happened?

I look at the communities, and minus their for fun talk, there's alot of similarities.  I think with our size and current conditions, we are poised for more improvement and growth that a lot of more "established" coins.

So you're exactly right, and the reason is, because day in, day out, the community does continue on.

***PS: The FUD in thier private forum: priceless.  Whats sad though is to see talented ppl waste their time defending.

...and just for the record, I'm definitely in support of an IPO-style roll out of WOC that somehow rewards current holders of WC but most importantly helps to fund WCF and to pay Devs for their work implementing new features.

New site is sooo awesome!  What a great look....WELL DONE!!!
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:45:22 AM

I like the uptempo beat with the coin today with the press release and the web (much improvement) and I am also happy to see a few more folks chime in on the coin (although their status is newbie, their accounts and past messages are valid). We continue our discovery and validation of the Whitecoin Foundation to ensure legitimate marketing and operations for our clients. We would like to understand what the "Surf Dude" role is within the organisation. He appears to be pressing for a new coin (WOC) the hardest and we are only trying to determine the motivation. Likewise, we understand the code needs to be "forked" based on some other research we have conducted. Is this why the new coin is being proposed? Because there are some issues with the current?

We are not that technical, but trying to understand so please don't take offense to our query. If the current code has major issues and this new WOC is the only way to solve the issue (no other technical approach as determined by the communities) then by all means a more meaningful discussion should ensue. With that being said, the WOC is still causing a lot of angst within our camp. We are still seeing it as a way to devalue current WC investment and should any proposed stake benefit be implemented, would penalize those folks that trade the coin on the exchange (without stake).

We are only trying to understand the core value to the implementation of a new WOC coin that is connected to this coin. We are still thinking one or the others and a "one-for-one" coin exchange on the IPO is the only real safe and fair solution for the community. Unfortunately all we can do now is pause and observe your actions going forward and make our decisions based on how the greater WCF views its future. We do stand by you and only hope for the best as it benefits everyone to be united as to the direction of the coin.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
mogonzo

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:59:50 AM

I like the uptempo beat with the coin today with the press release and the web (much improvement) and I am also happy to see a few more folks chime in on the coin (although their status is newbie, their accounts and past messages are valid). We continue our discovery and validation of the Whitecoin Foundation to ensure legitimate marketing and operations for our clients. We would like to understand what the "Surf Dude" role is within the organisation. He appears to be pressing for a new coin (WOC) the hardest and we are only trying to determine the motivation. Likewise, we understand the code needs to be "forked" based on some other research we have conducted. Is this why the new coin is being proposed? Because there are some issues with the current?

We are not that technical, but trying to understand so please don't take offense to our query. If the current code has major issues and this new WOC is the only way to solve the issue (no other technical approach as determined by the communities) then by all means a more meaningful discussion should ensue. With that being said, the WOC is still causing a lot of angst within our camp. We are still seeing it as a way to devalue current WC investment and should any proposed stake benefit be implemented, would penalize those folks that trade the coin on the exchange (without stake).

We are only trying to understand the core value to the implementation of a new WOC coin that is connected to this coin. We are still thinking one or the others and a "one-for-one" coin exchange on the IPO is the only real safe and fair solution for the community. Unfortunately all we can do now is pause and observe your actions going forward and make our decisions based on how the greater WCF views its future. We do stand by you and only hope for the best as it benefits everyone to be united as to the direction of the coin.

Hey, appreciate your well thought out questions.

To answer your first question SurfGuy72 is our 2nd in Command for PR. I hope you can understand that we're all community members, there is no real invisible wall of operation in whitecoin. We include people in the operations side based on merit, and that's determined very simply by how dedicated, positive, and productive they are. Surfguy72 has been invaluable to WC, and he's expressing his personal opinion as a community and ops team member when he talks about WC. You'll note quite a few members of the ops team have slightly different views on WOC, and imo that's what makes us strong. I'm sure you are used to deceptive tactics and fake communities in crypto, I hope in time you can see that here we don't practice those tactics. As someone using a younger account yourself, I hope you can appreciate account age is not the only metric in looking for what makes an account and its opinions genuine.

In regards to your math of 1:1 ratio, I really don't see how any economic theory could support that. I think the fairest way to determine the ratio for buy in would be by tying coin count, otherwise it unfairly tips the scales to making it so that the biggest holders of WC can scoop up the most WOC while strongarming the little guy out of the process.

In regards to your technical questions, I'll have to defer that to mindfox for the final answer, I've flagged him and hope he'll respond in the thread here soon. I think he's been dealing with some personal issues this week.

From my own personal understanding, there will be no hardfork of WhiteCoin required anytime in the forseable future.

For my own opinion on WhiteOutCoin, so far it does seem the majority want this and I do think the economics behind the IPO are sound, I've yet to see any meaty refutation as to why market forces would dictate WOC being a negative on WC. But, that said, if there is a way to safely implement a reasonable privacy feature into WC that is still my preferred option. 

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
mogonzo

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:04:24 AM

hey everyone, here's a copy of the press release that was sent out earlier today to the Canadian media. I'm off to bed, have a great night everyone!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Online Community Overthrows CryptoCurrency, Launches out of Halifax

The story of WhiteCoin is a fascinating example of the CryptoCurrency's emerging potential. Launched in April of 2014 in the alternative Bitcoin market, WhiteCoin became an immediate sensation reaching the top five of international volume trading out of over 300 active CryptoCurrencies in its first week.

Initially launched by mysterious unknown parties as open source code, problems with WhiteCoin emerged very quickly. But rather than abandon it and risk a major market disruption, WhiteCoin's community of users rallied to perform an unprecedented overthrow of the online virtual currency's creators.

Group launches community driven association, The WhiteCoin Foundation

Based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, The WhiteCoin Foundation will serve as an inclusive, not for profit, decentralized overseer of WhiteCoin and the open source code that drives it. The WhiteCoin Foundation will operate under three primary and expanding mandates:

1. The maintenance, development, and promotion of WhiteCoin
2. To provide employment opportunities for its members
3. Charitable & activist operations: with a focus on advocating for the cryptocurrency industry, net neutrality, and internet freedom 

Halifax perfectly situated for 8 billion dollar and growing industry

Chris Salsman, President of The WhiteCoin Foundation, believes Halifax is the perfect match for WhiteCoin.

“Our organization is truly international, with our Director of Communications based in California, while our Director of Operations & Chief Technology officer operate out of Europe. Our team has selected Halifax for our headquarters because it's perfectly situated between timezones in Europe and the west coast. Halifax is one of the few places in the world up and working with both London and Los Angeles during business hours. Having such a well respected IT sector is also of great attraction to us.” - Chris Salsman –  President, The WhiteCoin Foundation

WhiteCoin a unique CryptoCurrency: “It's approachable”

“Bitcoin and cryptocurrency markets are of great interest to investors, but its main barriers are confused messaging, lack of communication with government, and a lack of understandable accountability to new users. The WhiteCoin Foundation strives to make itself approachable by giving everyone a stake in its operation and directly acting to overcome these challenges.” Chris Salsman – President, The WhiteCoin Foundation

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR INTERVIEW REQUESTS PLEASE CONTACT:

media"at"whitecoin.info

If you would like to be removed from our media list, simply reply with “unsubscribe” in the subjectline.

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:25:02 AM

[quote author=mogonzo link=topic=568517.msg7650417#msg7650417 date=1404359990

For my own opinion on WhiteOutCoin, so far it does seem the majority want this and I do think the economics behind the IPO are sound, I've yet to see any meaty refutation as to why market forces would dictate WOC being a negative on WC. But, that said, if there is a way to safely implement a reasonable privacy feature into WC that is still my preferred option. 

[/quote]

Maybe that is where we are a little off center on the economy of scales for the ratio between WC and WOC. You mention coin count is the only fair way and guess I am confused as my point was a 1:1 transfer of coin (e.g. 1 WC for 1 WOC). I am going to stop belaboring this point until we see a proposal. Making hypothetical, I would agree, is wasting time. Just seems to me you would focus on one coin and if that means tossing out WC for WOC, so be it, but don't have both. You don't have the resources and you can't even get the new wallets out and has taken a long  time to get the new logo out with the part-time devs. Don;t get me wrong, your DEV's appear to be doing a bang-up job (highly skilled), no doubt. As far as WC value, I'm sure as a group what is decided will be beneficial to those early adopters (who had faith in the coin) in terms of the value proposition to the new coin. But roughly stated, if I own 10 million coins and we mint to a new one within the same community, I would kind of expect the same coin count or valuation than someone that bought a nickle-worth and now wants to ride on the coat tales of those taking the larger risks. Hope that makes a little sense and why future investments are in a state of flux right now. Anyway, no need to respond, just spit-balling and trying to reach a quorum in a public forum.

mogonzo

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:49:28 AM

[quote author=mogonzo link=topic=568517.msg7650417#msg7650417 date=1404359990

Maybe that is where we are a little off center on the economy of scales for the ratio between WC and WOC. You mention coin count is the only fair way and guess I am confused as my point was a 1:1 transfer of coin (e.g. 1 WC for 1 WOC). I am going to stop belaboring this point until we see a proposal. Making hypothetical, I would agree, is wasting time. Just seems to me you would focus on one coin and if that means tossing out WC for WOC, so be it, but don't have both. You don't have the resources and you can't even get the new wallets out and has taken a long  time to get the new logo out with the part-time devs. Don;t get me wrong, your DEV's appear to be doing a bang-up job (highly skilled), no doubt. As far as WC value, I'm sure as a group what is decided will be beneficial to those early adopters (who had faith in the coin) in terms of the value proposition to the new coin. But roughly stated, if I own 10 million coins and we mint to a new one within the same community, I would kind of expect the same coin count or valuation than someone that bought a nickle-worth and now wants to ride on the coat tales of those taking the larger risks. Hope that makes a little sense and why future investments are in a state of flux right now. Anyway, no need to respond, just spit-balling and trying to reach a quorum in a public forum.

Especially your last couple lines there do make perfect sense, and I do very much understand your concerns. Let me explain my thoughts a bit further.

Because our target would be one wallet implementation if we did go to two coins, really, it's very little added labor at the end of the day. It's not much of a challenge when you think about how much of WC and WOC could be integrated. I do again feel its important to stress to you that we would in no way be abandoning WC. In the WhiteCoin Foundation Paper, our end goal is "to become unbound from any current or future limitations, including coding or software." To me, this means that it's a natural extention for us to offer a companion service if WC prime is not best suited for the idea at hand. There are still plenty of ways WC prime can be developed further, it's just that right now it's privacy that our community seems to want most. Increasing transaction confirm times and much more is possible down the road with WC.

I think your comment on the wallet delay is fair, though at this point as I understand it the only thing slowing release is the translations being done. I  believe the code was ready a week or so ago.

I do have to admit that WC moves a bit slower still on the coding side than I would like, and we are actively looking at all options to improve our turnaround on that point. We're still running strong on the project based leadership structure, which is why you see my focus as acting president go towards strategic planning and outreach, where mindfox, cryptoseo, and oizopower are more daily implementation based. This is another important aspect of WC's long term strength, by employing the concepts from the foundation paper, we can easily split tasks and ensure that a great deal of work is being done in tandum.

The community approach can unfortunately at times delay the process moreso than if we just had a budget and the authority to unilaterally act. It ultimately comes down to the centralized vs. decentralized argument. By maininting the coin via a de-centralized foundation designed to rotate talent and share decision making power, I believe it makes us much stronger in the long run because everything that's happening is ultimately accountable to us as a community to see through. Even if in the short term it does occasionally result in certain projects the foundation runs coming in behind schedule, we have the advantage of being a truly tough target for fud by our sheer honest determination.

I still think we've pulled off some amazing work as a community in the last two months. We've had two wallet updates, a major flax evaluated, tested, and fixed, and now a near total rebranding that took a total of at least 1000 labor hours between 10 people to accomplish (just that pesky wallet translation left now!).

If there is community desire, we could always release the wallet sooner and then update with more international translations in our next release.  

bettercoins

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:00:54 AM

WC, hoping to revive  Embarrassed
mogonzo

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:07:59 AM

We never died baby. We are among the strongest and most dedicated coin communities out there imo. The good news about WhiteCoin is hard to ignore, and you can see that by the lack of standard fud in our threads. WhiteCoin is the real deal, nothing fake or artificial about it, and you can taste how positive the air is towards the coin.

Hope to see you join us on one of the foundation's projects Smiley

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:54:34 AM

We never died baby. We are among the strongest and most dedicated coin communities out there imo. The good news about WhiteCoin is hard to ignore, and you can see that by the lack of standard fud in our threads. WhiteCoin is the real deal, nothing fake or artificial about it, and you can taste how positive the air is towards the coin.

Thank you for the responses. I know you have other things going on and it's much appreciated. I will try and stay more connected to your ideas, but still have a reservation on how this change is being marketed. I will wait to see the draft proposals and try to keep calm.

CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 05:57:48 AM

Thank you for the responses. I know you have other things going on and it's much appreciated. I will try and stay more connected to your ideas, but still have a reservation on how this change is being marketed. I will wait to see the draft proposals and try to keep calm.

lol keep calm, man ur rly good at what you do P

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:12:08 AM

Thank you, not sure how to take that, but hope my visits here are perceived as positive for the future of the foundation.

CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 07:50:04 AM

Thank you, not sure how to take that, but hope my visits here are perceived as positive for the future of the foundation.

Take it as you will P...

Our communities newest partners look quite calm in their support of WC/WCF:
https://twitter.com/uaw_pro/status/484595341954523137

" Rewarding our current and new partner communities, we are looking to integrate #whitecoin directly into our social exchange... stay tuned Smiley"

https://twitter.com/claimio/status/484598524076498945

" In progress: We are adding CryptoCopyright to our services to ensure and verify ownership of profiles, at time of being claimed. #whitecoin"

vleroybrown

Activity: 1184
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:52:44 AM

If it could work that would be great!!!!

Only strange that two hours ago these two say no WOC and threaten dump because no one would buy and hold WC!!! Now they want a WOC so which is it!!!!

I just don't trust prometheus and all his fake accounts!!!!

OK, I can appreciate if you feel ppl are being fake.  I love the "ownski" suggestion though whoever made it Smiley 

There seems to be a misconception out there that through any of this WC will be intentionally devalued or hurt.  Thats the furthest from the truth of any of the plans that have been set forth.  Thats why I really like the POS into WOC idea, its right along the lines of what would provide a positive buy pressure on WC, create the whiteout feature, and be an innovative approach.

I feel like that approach would satisfy what everyone wants out of Whitecoin.

and to Troubled, this has been my only account. I've been here for years. Don't bash an idea because you don't understand it.

This idea caught me as innovative an unique. Well done with getting some creative approach to devs for consideration.
Pages: « 1 ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 [568] 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: