Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759185 times)
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:39:32 PM

Everyone says I don't contribute anything so I took several hours out of my day to make this. I hope everyone likes it. Whitecoin to the moon!

... shitty picture Smiley

I take back my comment of "too fun"

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:53:24 PM

that image says 'warrent buffet' like what happens when you get arrested for eating too much  Grin

Haha, didn't even pay attention.   Ok, too funny again.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
mogonzo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:01:51 PM

Yes qrk and WC are in the same position. No development pot, no real devs. However active communities already formed and already on the best exchanges and well known.

I'll ask you and the others saying NO. Tell me a negative to the companion coin introduced via WC only IPO?

A negative other than it could be some competition to WC. We've covered that in the qrk thread. I am yet to hear any other.

There are 400 coins already in direct competition with WC, none of those have any potential benefits to WC.

A companion coin is not a way to fork. QRK needs it more than WC since WC already has POS.

However many WC holders will prefer to see WC have a crack at mainstream and not have that hampered by ANON features coded in. WOC will offer lots of benefits with no more negatives than the other 10 coins released today.

The QRK naysayers are yet to provide 1 clear negative of implementing their companion coin. Since the WOC will be sold by the foundation and the WC taken in payment will also be controlled. There is a lot less competition to WC directly in terms of market price than from other alts that will provide nothing in return for WC. WC is getting sold daily back to BTC to purchase coins others see as having a better future ahead. Hence the price slipping down again.

The ipo though can NEVER be via any other method that buying in with WC. Not just a few weeks. It has to be on WC until all the WOC ipo is sold off.

How would it drive anyone away. If there is no negative and lots of potential positives for both coins then why would anyone logically leave WC ? would seem a very strange decision. I would only buy WOC with my WC as things progressed positively in terms of development and activity. I would always keep most of my WC perhaps buying more to switch over to WOC if needs be.

The services and activity brought in by the companion coin would drive demand for both coins. Both coins can take things from each other and jointly use services funded by either one.

Most people listen to blanket statements that break down under closer scrutiny. Let's examine the idea in detail before saying it would be good or bad for WC.

The main issue is do we really have a dev team that can create a working anon coin that is as good as the other top tier ones in development ie xc,dark,cloak etc.  I think with a large enough development pot such developers can be found.

Honestly now, at some point, this community must start seeing things in a realistic way.

There are 3 or 4 major coins atm, that are *still* trying to implement "anonymous", with major support on resources and you are talking about a "working anonymous" solution that a "single dev" will take for a "bounty"?

I'm currently working on one kind of implementation for a coin and as soon as it is ready and working, would be happy to apply it to WC as a "working solution".

Regarding companion coins, I'm strongly against it as it serves no purpose, but of course if the majority wants it, let's make it. But, question yourselves: "Why would anyone want a coin (no matter the name) when that coin offers nothing? "

I honestly think that everybody who cares about this coin and is able to join irc (it's not that hard, even webirc will allow a connection) should arrange a meeting. Let's talk real time and exchange opinions. Fora are not the best available option for this kind of discussion.

Edit: Added some thoughts - comments

Thanks. There are more than a few of us that have the same position and feeling about introducing yet another coin. At that point, might as well detach from WC and consider it just another crap coin, because that is all you are really doing. Nothing innovated about that process. What does have promise is the notion of a coin "framework" that is modular in design, works with other alts and have the ability to support things like trading from inside the wallet, games inside the wallet, social media inside the wallet, everything, inside the wallet...

I really like this. At that point it moves from beyond being a wallet and into a full platform. I also misunderstood what mindfox was saying earlier that there is a solution possible for us to implement privacy directly into WC, that was always my preferred option.

Great developments here this week. We may not always agree, and the process for arriving at consensus may be a bit ugly at times, but I think we're proving here that it's productive when it comes to conceptually building a solid product people want and will use.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:15:22 PM

Thanks. There are more than a few of us that have the same position and feeling about introducing yet another coin. At that point, might as well detach from WC and consider it just another crap coin, because that is all you are really doing. Nothing innovated about that process. What does have promise is the notion of a coin "framework" that is modular in design, works with other alts and have the ability to support things like trading from inside the wallet, games inside the wallet, social media inside the wallet, everything, inside the wallet...

Either you misunderstood what I posted or you are trying to twist what I wrote.

What I wrote, is that further development should be on WC (in my opinion), because having a companion coin would bring, as you very well say, an average. Which means that there will be effort for 2 coins and we will only get the average results from both, giving double the effort (either as the dev team, or as the community in whole).

If you think that innovation make a coin usable, I completely disagree. On the contrary, constant innovation make ordinary users afraid and eventually give up. Unless we find very creative ways of doing all that and keep the same simple interface. That's food for thoughts.

Now, help me understand something. Are you a supporter of the "framework" that will integrate with games, social media, trading and whatnot, or against it?
I can't reply to your position on this.

Yes, I am in support of a framework that would enhance the usability of the coin (to treat more like currency, especially in Canada and NOT anon). Not a supporter of a companion coin. Did not intend to twist your words. I represent a group of investors. Thanks!

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
surfguy72

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:18:58 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 03:37:58 PM by surfguy72

Great developments here this week. We may not always agree, and the process for arriving at consensus may be a bit ugly at times, but I think we're proving here that it's productive when it comes to conceptually building a solid product people want and will use.

That last line is key, a product that is solid and people want and will use.  I can talk myself into a circle when it comes to what could be next for WC, i don't want to support something just because its change.  I want to support change we all believe in, and that leads us down a path we want to be on.  (Does this sound like a candidate's speech or what?)

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:28:42 PM

Sure, nobody wants to stall. But, till now, points given (not only from you) are not convincing (imho) and are only to generate hype. With hype, you only get something for a small period of time and when the dust settles, you're left with more bug holders than true investors.

What is the purpose of WC in reality? What do you want from it? To rise in price and sell it? Then drop again so you can buy cheap then rise again so you can profit again?
Isn't it obvious that for you to profit, someone has to lose? And that someone is in this community also? That way, nobody will be happy, right?
So, again: what are you investing to? Profit from exchange trading or from long term adaptation?
[/quote]

I think my presence in this community demonstrates my long term commitment to this coin.  I am not a day trader...I have a two full time jobs and a family (like most of us) and have very little spare time to watch the ups and downs of any crypto currency.  I have invested in WC...and cost averaged myself to a very comfortable position.  I have not sold one WC...

You continue to mention "hype" as if it's bad thing and confuse hype and value.  Not sure of your mindset here.  The largest amount of hype WC has had to date is the "hype" of the prior dev team that screwed this coin into the ground and caused a devaluation from the high three figures to its current levels.  You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you came into WC, post tailspin, so our take on what is hype and what is value varies a bit.

My proposition is only to try something to counter that "hype" with something I know we as a community have the skills to accomplish.  There has been talk about a "framework" model, and other ideas floated about, with no details given as to what is do-able, and with what time frame.  I am happy to get behind any idea that we as a community agree on, but if it's not a companion coin, I don't know what it is...and we fall back to this endless brain storming conversation that has been going on for weeks now.  If there is a better idea besides a companion coin, I would love to hear it.  Let's vote and move on it. 
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:40:54 PM

Sure, nobody wants to stall. But, till now, points given (not only from you) are not convincing (imho) and are only to generate hype. With hype, you only get something for a small period of time and when the dust settles, you're left with more bug holders than true investors.

What is the purpose of WC in reality? What do you want from it? To rise in price and sell it? Then drop again so you can buy cheap then rise again so you can profit again?
Isn't it obvious that for you to profit, someone has to lose? And that someone is in this community also? That way, nobody will be happy, right?
So, again: what are you investing to? Profit from exchange trading or from long term adaptation?

I think my presence in this community demonstrates my long term commitment to this coin.  I am not a day trader...I have a two full time jobs and a family (like most of us) and have very little spare time to watch the ups and downs of any crypto currency.  I have invested in WC...and cost averaged myself to a very comfortable position.  I have not sold one WC...

You continue to mention "hype" as if it's bad thing and confuse hype and value.  Not sure of your mindset here.  The largest amount of hype WC has had to date is the "hype" of the prior dev team that screwed this coin into the ground and caused a devaluation from the high three figures to its current levels.  You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you came into WC, post tailspin, so our take on what is hype and what is value varies a bit.

My proposition is only to try something to counter that "hype" with something I know we as a community have the skills to accomplish.  There has been talk about a "framework" model, and other ideas floated about, with no details given as to what is do-able, and with what time frame.  I am happy to get behind any idea that we as a community agree on, but if it's not a companion coin, I don't know what it is...and we fall back to this endless brain storming conversation that has been going on for weeks now.  If there is a better idea besides a companion coin, I would love to hear it.  Let's vote and move on it.  
[/quote]

Question. Was this "companion coin" your idea from the start?

malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:45:51 PM

I think my presence in this community demonstrates my long term commitment to this coin.  I am not a day trader...I have a two full time jobs and a family (like most of us) and have very little spare time to watch the ups and downs of any crypto currency.  I have invested in WC...and cost averaged myself to a very comfortable position.  I have not sold one WC...

You continue to mention "hype" as if it's bad thing and confuse hype and value.  Not sure of your mindset here.  The largest amount of hype WC has had to date is the "hype" of the prior dev team that screwed this coin into the ground and caused a devaluation from the high three figures to its current levels.  You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you came into WC, post tailspin, so our take on what is hype and what is value varies a bit.

My proposition is only to try something to counter that "hype" with something I know we as a community have the skills to accomplish.  There has been talk about a "framework" model, and other ideas floated about, with no details given as to what is do-able, and with what time frame.  I am happy to get behind any idea that we as a community agree on, but if it's not a companion coin, I don't know what it is...and we fall back to this endless brain storming conversation that has been going on for weeks now.  If there is a better idea besides a companion coin, I would love to hear it.  Let's vote and move on it.  

Question. Was this "companion coin" your idea from the start?
[/quote]

nope
tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:47:19 PM

Let's vote once!
We need a clear direction to show potential investors.
mogonzo

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:08:17 PM

I'm in a phone meeting right now, but just wanted to point out for the record that the companion coin idea was mine, but that I still prefer the idea of integrating a privacy (read: not anonymous) option into WC.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:29:00 PM

I'm in a phone meeting right now, but just wanted to point out for the record that the companion coin idea was mine, but that I still prefer the idea of integrating a privacy (read: not anonymous) option into WC.

Agree. Big difference in ANON and privacy and thanks for the clarification and all the work you are doing. I know it's tough, but heading right way.

Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:14:08 PM

BIG NEWS INCOMING!!! BUY BUY BUY

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
surfguy72

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:28:19 PM

BIG NEWS INCOMING!!! BUY BUY BUY

Please let your decision to buy WC come not from ownski, but from your own interest in WC.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 07:43:39 PM

Updated a page for The WhiteCoin Foundation - http://whitecoin.info/whitecoin-foundation/

Includes a brief about WCF, Team and Funding uses

More updates, tweaks and mods forthcoming Smiley

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
surfguy72

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:54:48 PM

Updated a page for The WhiteCoin Foundation - http://whitecoin.info/whitecoin-foundation/

Great work my man!  Looking forward to seeing all the changes.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Khelgaar

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:17:08 PM

nice work CryptoSEO  Smiley

Khelgaar

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:26:09 PM

Edit: Added some thoughts - comments

I really like this. At that point it moves from beyond being a wallet and into a full platform. I also misunderstood what mindfox was saying earlier that there is a solution possible for us to implement privacy directly into WC, that was always my preferred option.

I like this idea as a full platform wallet  Wink
Getting better and better   Smiley
Prototyp

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:28:09 PM

Ok i will buy more coins. I keep all coins since the start and I hope to move ahead.
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:31:41 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 06:25:47 AM by Khelgaar

finally a little more reasonable posts ... in a sea of good ideas, it seems to me that we(together) are slowly narrowing the priorities  Smiley

cheers
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:58:32 PM

Agree. Big difference in ANON and privacy and thanks for the clarification and all the work you are doing. I know it's tough, but heading right way.

what is the difference between privacy and anon

can u share with us

thx in advance
Pages: « 1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: