Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:58:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 [599] 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759180 times)
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:57:03 PM

I think we're all excited about these developments. Only waiting budgets by WCF.
regards
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:06:59 PM

I'll be hit and miss the next few days... My grandma is in recovery now from surgery (cancer) and I'm headed out of otwn on a business trip. 

Potential good news is that I may be moving to silicon valley soon, and will be in the heart of the technology sector.  This presents immense opportunity for me to be an ambassador for our coin should I accept a position there. 

I regulary check my twitter, PM's forwarded to my email, and BCT (When I can, lots of random posts recently burrying great news, and progression)

If I can be of any service to you, let me know  Grin

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:08:23 PM

I would like to move that the WCF invest in the deep investigation of a privacy function, thereby defining and implementing a Privacy function for Whitecoin.  Personally I believe that TOR is the least path to resistance with numerous examples to follow however, this deep review by Mindfox and other developers needs to start upon vetting of kick starting the Privacy project. 

My Vote = YES to Privacy Function

To further support the development of a Privacy function, Shair.com will be donating to the privacy project and once the WCF determines the approx efforts required, WCF creates the bounty, allocates % of its current donation wallet to the privacy project, additional donations can then be accepted and allocated this project with a donation by Shair.  I suspect that raising funds to cover this project shouldn't be an issue.

Other Items:

1. Shair.com is in the final stages of reviewing the legalities for its Community Investment Award, looking to provide an update early next week.  The current framework will  support the Community and WCF, just need the lawyers to sign off on it.

2. Shair.com would like to put forth that in addition to Privacy, that the WCF/Community consider smart contracts - the blockchain is where real innovation, value and differentiation is, Shair will support this process provided the Community decides that the investment to "smartify" the Whitecoin Network, is a path to follow.  Shair believes that this is the future (innovation of the blockchain) and would like to begin the process of evaluating the process of defining how this can be accomplished with Whitecoin, if the Community/WCF agree.

On behalf of Shair.com we look forward to supporting the growth of the Community, Whitecoin and The Whitecoin Foundation for the longterm.  Our initial investment has already been made (yes we are staking) with the very real potential of much more to follow as we continue to evaluate the path the community and WCF takes, in addition to the support of the community for Whitecoin, initiated projects and acceptance of Whitecoin by our interested Investors, Customers and Associates.

Jason Arnold
COO - Shair.com
VP The Whitecoin Foundation

Jason,

As always your presence and ideas are very welcomed.  I believe looking into utilizing the TOR network is an excellent idea, and I also believe with you, if a budget is prepared for implementation, there will be support in the community.

Recent articles revolving around bitcoin's blockchain have also been discussed, why not put that power to use.  The ability to utilize the power (POS) and the blockchain itself provides synergy where we (and almost every coin) has wastes.

Thanks Surfguy,

I wanted to add 1 more important enhancement to Whitecoin that I think warrants further technical review:

- Decrease confirmation times, aiming for sub 30 seconds which will enable Whitecoin to become much more suitable for fast transactions to support future mobile commerce (yes we would also want a mobile wallet but that putting the horse before the buggy so I think).

+3  Grin

1. Privacy = YES
2. Smart Network = YES
3. Decreased Conf Time = YES

I keep mining, taking, staking and buying, WC has my full support!  This is going in a fantastic direction  Cool

Just another bump Tongue

So much great news are mentioned here Wink

Mindfox already said if the community wanted ANON function that after he finished it on another coin (tried/tested/mistakes made with them not us) that he would implement it in WC - ONLY IF - the community actually wanted it at that point.  That means that WC could have ANON if we decided to when its ready.

In the meanwhile, nobody interested in the above ideas? (Privacy, Smart Network, Decreased Conf Time)
- Ive only seen a couple people say that decreased conf times +1

VERY VERY Interested.  Deserves to be on the tip of our tongues until we find a path forward.  I think we are headed towards a hard fork to implement this kind of stuff, so its important we vet all options, so we don't have a genious idea after a hard fork.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Khelgaar

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:14:08 PM

+1000 for decreasing conf time Grin

that would be great improvement for sure
Khelgaar

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:17:59 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 08:39:58 PM by Khelgaar

just not to forget that with stronger pool, WCF we`ll be able to have regular income from fee percentage  Wink
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:11:30 PM

Create a superblock 30 million can lead to suspicion and put us under the microscope of potential scams (something that we are now completely safe).
According jarnold, the WCF will present shortly a quote of what it will cost all the improvements we want to do and when we discuss the budget and how to afford the payments.
I am the first (and as I've said above) thinks we should endow the WCF so you can face all the challenges we face, but if we do it may well be worse than the disease.
I do not know why they think it is the big players are not going to engage, when they are most interested in this work.
However, in this we have to engage ALL, large, medium and small.
Greetings.

tell me how 30 million WC held by escrows released only for community approved projects can be a scam?

Well, okay let's try the donation route, let's see how many WC we can raise in donations.

A superblock is essentially an exactly 10% donation by everyone where each donator is rewarded exactly according to their donation. In other words the most fair form of donation possible. They donate through dilution of their share.

Nexby

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:42:46 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 09:06:25 PM by Nexby

Create a superblock 30 million can lead to suspicion and put us under the microscope of potential scams (something that we are now completely safe).
According jarnold, the WCF will present shortly a quote of what it will cost all the improvements we want to do and when we discuss the budget and how to afford the payments.
I am the first (and as I've said above) thinks we should endow the WCF so you can face all the challenges we face, but if we do it may well be worse than the disease.
I do not know why they think it is the big players are not going to engage, when they are most interested in this work.
Greetings.

tell me how 30 million WC held by escrows released only for community approved projects can be a scam?

Well, okay let's try the donation route, let's see how many WC we can raise in donations.

A superblock is essentially an exactly 10% donation by everyone where each donator is rewarded exactly according to their donation. In other words the most fair form of donation possible. They donate through dilution of their share.

Yes it is a fair donation with such risk. In my oppinion we can do that after we use the doantins funds. We already have >600k to invest and do not use that amount.

Also when we have the 30mil coins, we have no support on any exchange to transfer into btc or something else to pay anyone. Befor that we have to do some PR and not only local i think. it is a good idea and will bring us something but not as much as we would get when we advertise in the internet.

We need to grow and get some people interesst in Whitecoin, after that we could have solve that problem but it self, with more developers, PR from the communitie.
malbee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:09:37 PM

I would like to move that the WCF invest in the deep investigation of a privacy function, thereby defining and implementing a Privacy function for Whitecoin.  Personally I believe that TOR is the least path to resistance with numerous examples to follow however, this deep review by Mindfox and other developers needs to start upon vetting of kick starting the Privacy project. 

My Vote = YES to Privacy Function

To further support the development of a Privacy function, Shair.com will be donating to the privacy project and once the WCF determines the approx efforts required, WCF creates the bounty, allocates % of its current donation wallet to the privacy project, additional donations can then be accepted and allocated this project with a donation by Shair.  I suspect that raising funds to cover this project shouldn't be an issue.

Other Items:

1. Shair.com is in the final stages of reviewing the legalities for its Community Investment Award, looking to provide an update early next week.  The current framework will  support the Community and WCF, just need the lawyers to sign off on it.

2. Shair.com would like to put forth that in addition to Privacy, that the WCF/Community consider smart contracts - the blockchain is where real innovation, value and differentiation is, Shair will support this process provided the Community decides that the investment to "smartify" the Whitecoin Network, is a path to follow.  Shair believes that this is the future (innovation of the blockchain) and would like to begin the process of evaluating the process of defining how this can be accomplished with Whitecoin, if the Community/WCF agree.

On behalf of Shair.com we look forward to supporting the growth of the Community, Whitecoin and The Whitecoin Foundation for the longterm.  Our initial investment has already been made (yes we are staking) with the very real potential of much more to follow as we continue to evaluate the path the community and WCF takes, in addition to the support of the community for Whitecoin, initiated projects and acceptance of Whitecoin by our interested Investors, Customers and Associates.

Jason Arnold
COO - Shair.com
VP The Whitecoin Foundation

Jason,

As always your presence and ideas are very welcomed.  I believe looking into utilizing the TOR network is an excellent idea, and I also believe with you, if a budget is prepared for implementation, there will be support in the community.

Recent articles revolving around bitcoin's blockchain have also been discussed, why not put that power to use.  The ability to utilize the power (POS) and the blockchain itself provides synergy where we (and almost every coin) has wastes.

Thanks Surfguy,

I wanted to add 1 more important enhancement to Whitecoin that I think warrants further technical review:

- Decrease confirmation times, aiming for sub 30 seconds which will enable Whitecoin to become much more suitable for fast transactions to support future mobile commerce (yes we would also want a mobile wallet but that putting the horse before the buggy so I think).

+3  Grin

1. Privacy = YES
2. Smart Network = YES
3. Decreased Conf Time = YES

I keep mining, taking, staking and buying, WC has my full support!  This is going in a fantastic direction  Cool

Just another bump Tongue

So much great news are mentioned here Wink

Mindfox already said if the community wanted ANON function that after he finished it on another coin (tried/tested/mistakes made with them not us) that he would implement it in WC - ONLY IF - the community actually wanted it at that point.  That means that WC could have ANON if we decided to when its ready.

In the meanwhile, nobody interested in the above ideas? (Privacy, Smart Network, Decreased Conf Time)
- Ive only seen a couple people say that decreased conf times +1

I think these ideas would be universally accepted...  We just rarely hear from the dev team to give us an idea as to what is possible, time frames, and if necessary, any capital that needs to be raised to build these functions.  Until a discussion is had with Mindfox at the center, these ideas get tossed around, and nothing sticks. 

The few times I've interacted with Mindfox I get accused of being a pump and dumper because I think WC should be worth more than its current levels.  I think development of any kind is necessary to help us shake the stigma that we were left with from the prior dev team.  If Mindfox is too busy, than let's get someone to work on this coin.  I think we can raise money to pay them for their time, and have all of this done under Mindfox's direct supervision.   
tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:34:46 PM

Greetings.

I did not say a superblock has to be a scam, I said can be interpreted as such. Those who are already part of the community believe in the WCF, but for WC triumph, the community and investors should not grow exponentially and new investors to think very seriously a coin today and tomorrow 300,000,000 10% more, that leads to think that you can be the next 500,000,000.
People need to know what you invest without changes or surprises.
Extrapolate this to BTC, you think the thousands of investors think if you tell them now instead of 21,000,000 23,100,000 BTCs now will, I assure you it would be a debacle.
The problem with this community is that the mouth is filled want to do things, but when releasing the pasta, it costs too much.
I am willing to make a few hundred thousand of WCs, to see how many are willing to do the same (each to their possibilities of course), that SI would be a message that this community is willing to do anything to improve, others are shoddy .
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 10:48:39 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 11:14:24 PM by CryptoSEO

Greetings.

I did not say a superblock has to be a scam, I said can be interpreted as such. Those who are already part of the community believe in the WCF, but for WC triumph, the community and investors should not grow exponentially and new investors to think very seriously a coin today and tomorrow 300,000,000 10% more, that leads to think that you can be the next 500,000,000.
Extrapolate this to BTC, you think the thousands of investors think if you tell them now instead of 21,000,000 23,100,000 BTCs now will, I assure you it would be a debacle.
The problem with this community is that the mouth is filled want to do things, but when releasing the pasta, it costs too much.
I am willing to make a few hundred thousand of WCs, to see how many are willing to do the same (each to their possibilities of course), that SI would be a message that this community is willing to do anything to improve, others are shoddy .

Couple 100k+ WC available here for development bounties Smiley

Should be pretty easy to get enough WC for bounties, just need to agree on the items we want:

1. Anon - Mindfox said it can be implemented from other work when its tested and working
2. Privacy - Implementation of TOR
3. Review Smart Contract - What would it take, what does a framework look like
4. Reduce Confirmation Times - This could be reviewed now and determined what is required to make this happen
(anything missing?)

-- Edit Add:

5. Built in Voting App: propose new features, vote from wallet

-------- draw a line, anything above included in initial pledge/donation drive, add your items/comments or hold them until then next time --------

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
rudarSRB

Activity: 220

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:24:49 PM

I think we need a poll to see what community thinks about it.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:44:50 PM

Greetings.

Should be pretty easy to get enough WC for bounties, just need to agree on the items we want:

1. Anon - Mindfox said it can be implemented from other work when its tested and working
4. Reduce Confirmation Times - This could be reviewed now and determined what is required to make this happen
(anything missing?)

-- Edit Add:

-------- draw a line, anything above included in initial pledge/donation drive, add your items/comments or hold them until then next time --------

I could commit a couple k's to the project as long as the price remains under 100s (j/k). I have no problem with donations for bounty as long as they are tied to a SOW which includes a timeline and deliverable(s). What are the penalties and incentives for failure to meet objective or meeting objective with superior results and ahead of schedule? Need some type of operating guidelines to ensure community trust. Whatever is chosen should have a pilot to ensure process and accountability (mechanics). One other thought, and although Mindfox is the current DEV who can do a lot of these things, I think we need a few DEV's and selection based on portfolio(s). I'm not sure about any of the technicals surrounding the advancement of the code, but I have to trust there are more than a few chewers's coding considering the vast amount of shit coins out there?

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:49:47 PM

Greetings.

(anything missing?)

-- Edit Add:

I could commit a couple k's to the project as long as the price remains under 100s (j/k). I have no problem with donations for bounty as long as they are tied to a SOW which includes a timeline and deliverable(s). What are the penalties and incentives for failure to meet objective or meeting objective with superior results and ahead of schedule? Need some type of operating guidelines to ensure community trust. Whatever is chosen should have a pilot to ensure process and accountability (mechanics). One other thought, and although Mindfox is the current DEV who can do a lot of these things, I think we need a few DEV's and selection based on portfolio(s). I'm not sure about any of the technicals surrounding the advancement of the code, but I have to trust there are more than a few chewers's coding considering the vast amount of shit coins out there?

..and not to quote my own quote (although a harmless practice)

+1 to everything that does not involve another coin, enhances the coin usefulness, grow market cap and user base.

Nexby

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:58:50 PM

here you have one

http://strawpoll.me/
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:07:56 AM

Unfortunately, you can circumvent the IP duplicate protect via TOR or any private internet. We need a coin you can vote with, any out there?

here you have one

CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 01:26:22 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 01:55:47 AM by CryptoSEO

Unfortunately, you can circumvent the IP duplicate protect via TOR or any private internet. We need a coin you can vote with, any out there?

here you have one

That would be point #5 - Voting from wallet Smiley

Edit, here is the list again:

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:11:39 AM

here you have one

Very nice. Voting will need to use the Privacy Feature and hopefully not the ANON feature...might need a Validation Feature before both however. Not sure what type of system would allow that kind of validation, maybe smart contracts...

surfguy72

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:16:07 AM

here you have one

3, 4, and 5 I'm totally down for and will def support implementing.  1&2 are great and if there's support, no complaints from me.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
rudarSRB

Activity: 220

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:12:32 AM

2, 4 and 5
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:31:50 AM

Could we please consider adding wallet trading or at a minimum placing exchange data into the wallet. This would be lower on the list if it make it and also we need to put mobile wallet. Might need two list as you started before. Phase I and Phase II.

Pages: « 1 ... 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 [599] 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: