Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:15:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 [600] 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
Khelgaar

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:09:52 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 12:20:56 PM by Khelgaar

Could we please consider adding wallet trading or at a minimum placing exchange data into the wallet. This would be lower on the list if it make it and also we need to put mobile wallet. Might need two list as you started before. Phase I and Phase II.

I think we need a poll to see what community thinks about it.

Unfortunately, you can circumvent the IP duplicate protect via TOR or any private internet. We need a coin you can vote with, any out there?

here you have one

http://strawpoll.me/

That would be point #5 - Voting from wallet Smiley

Edit, here is the list again:

1. Anon - Mindfox said it can be implemented from other work when its tested and working
2. Privacy - Implementation of TOR
3. Review Smart Contract - What would it take, what does a framework look like
4. Reduce Confirmation Times - This could be reviewed now and determined what is required to make this happen
5. Built in Voting App: propose new features, vote from wallet
---------------
6. Trading from wallet - directly to exchange and/or user to user
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:50:41 PM

Create a superblock 30 million can lead to suspicion and put us under the microscope of potential scams (something that we are now completely safe).
According jarnold, the WCF will present shortly a quote of what it will cost all the improvements we want to do and when we discuss the budget and how to afford the payments.
I am the first (and as I've said above) thinks we should endow the WCF so you can face all the challenges we face, but if we do it may well be worse than the disease.
I do not know why they think it is the big players are not going to engage, when they are most interested in this work.
However, in this we have to engage ALL, large, medium and small.
Greetings.

tell me how 30 million WC held by escrows released only for community approved projects can be a scam?

Well, okay let's try the donation route, let's see how many WC we can raise in donations.

A superblock is essentially an exactly 10% donation by everyone where each donator is rewarded exactly according to their donation. In other words the most fair form of donation possible. They donate through dilution of their share.

I did not say a superblock has to be a scam, I said can be interpreted as such. Those who are already part of the community believe in the WCF, but for WC triumph, the community and investors should not grow exponentially and new investors to think very seriously a coin today and tomorrow 300,000,000 10% more, that leads to think that you can be the next 500,000,000.
People need to know what you invest without changes or surprises.
Extrapolate this to BTC, you think the thousands of investors think if you tell them now instead of 21,000,000 23,100,000 BTCs now will, I assure you it would be a debacle.
The problem with this community is that the mouth is filled want to do things, but when releasing the pasta, it costs too much.
I am willing to make a few hundred thousand of WCs, to see how many are willing to do the same (each to their possibilities of course), that SI would be a message that this community is willing to do anything to improve, others are shoddy .

I agree with you on that point. However unless the majority agree to a fork like this it can never proceed anyway. So really it always has to be a majority decision it can never just take place without overall community development. In this case i think a swift 30M pot held by escrows seems the fastest way to get some things done.

Of course let's try the donations way first.

tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:59:11 PM

1. Anon - Mindfox said it can be implemented from other work when its tested and working
4. Reduce Confirmation Times - This could be reviewed now and determined what is required to make this happen

2, 4 and 5

Privacy, reducing time confirmation, wallet android.
Also I think we should go for parts and not ask too many things together to turn this into too big a project to comply within a reasonable time. Weather in cryptography is money and I think it would be good first upgrade as soon as possible to give a dramatic effect and show the community and potential investors who are doing things. Once the first installment back to discuss improvements we want.
jonni21

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:51:31 PM

Unfortunately, you can circumvent the IP duplicate protect via TOR or any private internet. We need a coin you can vote with, any out there?

here you have one

---------------
6. Trading from wallet - directly to exchange and/or user to user

My votes: 2 and 4
Prototyp

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:30:56 PM

2 and 3, 1 if it is easy to integrate.
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:46:22 PM

Hello!

I write to you from LAX on my way to SFO for a job interview.  I've been so excited to read the great ideas being discussed and realize part of our battle is voting and funds. 

The Whitepaper laid out currently speaks of a way to add Members to the foundation via a merit based methodology.  There are names that are apart of our community that are easily recognizable due to their active involvement in discussions as well as those who have contributed content/media. 

The idea I am thinking outloud with you now, is one of a way for those without the time or skills to actively contribute but would like to be involved with the major decisions affecting WhiteCoin and The Foundation.  I'm not fully keen on continuing a voting model that says those with the most money get the most votes.  What I propose is a flat membership due.  This amount is up for debate, as well are the benefits of being a member.  It would be a way to not only raise funds for the active developments we are seeking, but a way to ensure a fair voting model and direct contact with the gears that make WhiteCoins clock tick.

With the creation of a true membership, more progress will be more easily be found through a distributed multinational pool of resources.  I want it to be inclusive as possible. 

Let me know your thoughts on this.  I think this could play a direct role in our developments currently on the table, and will assist in future developments as well.

Best Wishes,
The Surfguy72
David

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
malbee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:52:28 PM

here you have one

I would like to propose...again...that we are just spinning our wheels on these issues until we get someone (best choice of course being our Chief Technology Officer, Mindfox) to chime in on the specifics of each proposal.  

For instance, if someone were to say, hey I know this dev, here is his CV...he can do #4...would take about 10 days and cost 250,000 WC, or I know an Android App Dev, he will make an app that will do this and that, would take 30 days and cost 1 Mil WC.  That is something the community could get behind.

Please understand that these thoughts are not meant to be critical for critical sake, but rather for a deep desire to see WC thrive.  We have been tossing around ideas for a couple months now.  I would like to see the conversation evolve to a more productive and meaningful place.
mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:53:08 PM

I'd like to echo Surfguy's comments here. Great stuff, so glad to see everyone working together to better this coin.

I'm going to be working hard this week on some additional research regarding registration, as I'm now of the opinion we should speed that process to conclusion ASAP. I'll also be doing some behind the scenes work with current (and potentially future) investors.

I'll have to apologize in advance to anyone I'm slow on the reply with over IRC, there will be some periods where I'm logged in but away from the computer today and tomorrow.

all the best,

Chris

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:58:41 PM

Hey Everyone,

Just as an update, I was out of town this week as my partner had a death in the family and we had to make a 12 hour road trip for the funeral. I'm back home now and all is well, and to clarify, I was not working on any other coins. The only crypto work I did this week was to make sure chunky did regular payouts.

If anything, I hope this shows everyone that our work to create true responsible decentralization in the management of this coin works. We all still have lives to live, and especially given recent events in my own life I think it's very important we encourage members of the ops team to balance their time working with a healthy amount of personal time. We don't want to risk people burning out as we saw during the initial crisis that brought us all together.

I'm going to be doing lots of laundry and catching up on real life here in Halifax today, more updates to come this week.

All the best,

Chris

Hey Chris, nice to see you back. Sorry for your partner's loss...  Sad
I want to ask you is there any chance to change Chunky Pool name to ''WhiteCoin multipool''? (Like BC has its own pool  Smiley)
In that way it'll be the first official multipool which only pays in WC. Is that possible? What is currently going on with that pool? Are there any progress in new coin implementation, better profit algo, the continuity in payments, daily trading...? There's no info from them for ages.
As I see, the pool is struggling for continuous hash power... Maybe if we work more on those things, improving pool it self, promoting it and find people who will be operating that pool 24/7 and not few days in a week. That's mine opinion, maybe I'm wrong...  Wink
One more thing for the end, I realy realy realy mean we need much stronger pool then it is. And don't think that there's no miners for WhiteCoin pool, just needed better service from it.

IMHO, this is the issue we need to work on too, besides tech. details about coin it self...  Wink

cheers
B.

Hey just to answer your questions about chunky:

We can't change the pool name as the foundation does not own it.

In terms of profit algo, it's working great, returns have been consistent and on the high end of daily averages for some time now. Considering the multiport varies between 100-500MH, and we can't always mine very high difficulty coins, I think the profit algo works great.

What aspect of the service from the pool aren't you happy with? We provide daily payouts, transparency for balances, and we resolve all support issues. Always working to improve, but I'm wondering if maybe it's been a while since you've given chunky a try?

All the best,

Chris

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
tevayo

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:10:57 PM

here you have one

I would like to propose...again...that we are just spinning our wheels on these issues until we get someone (best choice of course being our Chief Technology Officer, Mindfox) to chime in on the specifics of each proposal.  

For instance, if someone were to say, hey I know this dev, here is his CV...he can do #4...would take about 10 days and cost 250,000 WC, or I know an Android App Dev, he will make an app that will do this and that, would take 30 days and cost 1 Mil WC.  That is something the community could get behind.

Please understand that these thoughts are not meant to be critical for critical sake, but rather for a deep desire to see WC thrive.  We have been tossing around ideas for a couple months now.  I would like to see the conversation evolve to a more productive and meaningful place.

Totally agree that we need to be more specific when requesting the improvements we want to WC.
Democracy is good about asking the people vote for what we want to do, but should not be a burden that prevents rapid decision making.
By this I mean that's fine survey, but limit them to a time (eg Sunday), from there we decide what is done, is budgeted, paid and deployed.
Of course all under the supervision of the WCF and the Director of Development Team, Mindfox.
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:57:59 PM

Hey Everyone,

Just as an update, I was out of town this week as my partner had a death in the family and we had to make a 12 hour road trip for the funeral. I'm back home now and all is well, and to clarify, I was not working on any other coins. The only crypto work I did this week was to make sure chunky did regular payouts.

If anything, I hope this shows everyone that our work to create true responsible decentralization in the management of this coin works. We all still have lives to live, and especially given recent events in my own life I think it's very important we encourage members of the ops team to balance their time working with a healthy amount of personal time. We don't want to risk people burning out as we saw during the initial crisis that brought us all together.

I'm going to be doing lots of laundry and catching up on real life here in Halifax today, more updates to come this week.

All the best,

Chris

Hey Chris, nice to see you back. Sorry for your partner's loss...  Sad
I want to ask you is there any chance to change Chunky Pool name to ''WhiteCoin multipool''? (Like BC has its own pool  Smiley)
In that way it'll be the first official multipool which only pays in WC. Is that possible? What is currently going on with that pool? Are there any progress in new coin implementation, better profit algo, the continuity in payments, daily trading...? There's no info from them for ages.
As I see, the pool is struggling for continuous hash power... Maybe if we work more on those things, improving pool it self, promoting it and find people who will be operating that pool 24/7 and not few days in a week. That's mine opinion, maybe I'm wrong...  Wink
One more thing for the end, I realy realy realy mean we need much stronger pool then it is. And don't think that there's no miners for WhiteCoin pool, just needed better service from it.

IMHO, this is the issue we need to work on too, besides tech. details about coin it self...  Wink

cheers
B.

Hey just to answer your questions about chunky:

We can't change the pool name as the foundation does not own it.

In terms of profit algo, it's working great, returns have been consistent and on the high end of daily averages for some time now. Considering the multiport varies between 100-500MH, and we can't always mine very high difficulty coins, I think the profit algo works great.

What aspect of the service from the pool aren't you happy with? We provide daily payouts, transparency for balances, and we resolve all support issues. Always working to improve, but I'm wondering if maybe it's been a while since you've given chunky a try?

All the best,

Chris

Thank you for answering mogonzo, all I needed to hear  Smiley
I`ll give it a try, not been there for awhile   Wink

Cheers
B.
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:00:49 PM

here you have one

Totally agree that we need to be more specific when requesting the improvements we want to WC.
Democracy is good about asking the people vote for what we want to do, but should not be a burden that prevents rapid decision making.
By this I mean that's fine survey, but limit them to a time (eg Sunday), from there we decide what is done, is budgeted, paid and deployed.
Of course all under the supervision of the WCF and the Director of Development Team, Mindfox.

well said malbee, tevayo...
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:30:28 PM

Let's just focus on one of the above tasks. Each time one is completed you will see the price of WC jump. This means it will require less WC to get subsequent jobs done.

However it would be even better if our lead dev was fully invested in WC and not cashing straight out to btc anyway.

Jugglex

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:10:56 PM

I can see that we have a strong comunity with a lot of ideas and expectations, a president and VC with enough knowledge to drive the coin and foundation, but we need to have a full time dev...hope could be Mindfox but if he is busy we need another one supervised by him.
I can donate 500k for that and I can found more investors interested in WC but we need a timeline. I think with many shitcoins around, have a trustable coin is our best value.
It is the time to do a great step before depression starts again. We have everything to triumph but we have to improve how to develop the features.
My two WC.
All the best!
tevayo

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:51:47 PM

Let's just focus on one of the above tasks. Each time one is completed you will see the price of WC jump. This means it will require less WC to get subsequent jobs done.

However it would be even better if our lead dev was fully invested in WC and not cashing straight out to btc anyway.

tevayo

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:16:54 PM

I can see that we have a strong comunity with a lot of ideas and expectations, a president and VC with enough knowledge to drive the coin and foundation, but we need to have a full time dev...hope could be Mindfox but if he is busy we need another one supervised by him.
I can donate 500k for that and I can found more investors interested in WC but we need a timeline. I think with many shitcoins around, have a trustable coin is our best value.
It is the time to do a great step before depression starts again. We have everything to triumph but we have to improve how to develop the features.
My two WC.
All the best!

Posts by after launching the survey, gather the Privacy Function 2 has been voted by almost all (maybe all).
What you think if we start with an update of privacy with the new logo and delivered once we consider the following?
It should be easy to finance and (hopefully not mistaken) relatively fast to implement.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:03:39 PM

I like the idea of a membership for voting as it does raise coin and is a little more honest, however we may still have questions raised about how you would prevent hundreds of bogus membership registrations (votes). Again, we are back to buying votes, no?

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
delphs

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:59:43 AM

I like the idea of a membership for voting as it does raise coin and is a little more honest, however we may still have questions raised about how you would prevent hundreds of bogus membership registrations (votes). Again, we are back to buying votes, no?

I'm all for Official Membership, its a great way to raise founds, also using it as an official voting tool can be done properly without the fear of fake account. It has to be manage by the Foundation, you become a member of the foundation by registering with a valid ID.

Now, before people bitch about anonymity, remember this has nothing to do with wallets, address, transaction, spending of any kind or how much you have... and since the WCF will be an official non-profit recognized by the Government of Canada, it is protected under the law and privacy will be respected. This would be a solely voting membership, no different of your Costco membership or political affiliation.

This way we get an honest community, engage and able to vote, transparent and totally legit. If you want to vote, you have to be a registered member.

Does this make sense?

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:40:04 AM

I'm all for Official Membership, its a great way to raise founds, also using it as an official voting tool can be done properly without the fear of fake account. It has to be manage by the Foundation, you become a member of the foundation by registering with a valid ID.

Now, before people bitch about anonymity, remember this has nothing to do with wallets, address, transaction, spending of any kind or how much you have... and since the WCF will be an official non-profit recognized by the Government of Canada, it is protected under the law and privacy will be respected. This would be a solely voting membership, no different of your Costco membership or political affiliation.

This way we get an honest community, engage and able to vote, transparent and totally legit. If you want to vote, you have to be a registered member.

Does this make sense?

What would constitute a valid ID?

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
delphs

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:04:49 AM

Does this make sense?

What would constitute a valid ID?

Blockbuster membership card Tongue

That would be up for debate...my idea is far from perfect but it's a start, let's throw more ideas in the pot Smiley

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
Pages: « 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 [600] 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: