Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:53:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 11:23:29 PM

It is really ridiculous what you are doing, but in the end even funny to watch. A forum clown has been born.

But serious, show me a timeline where stands that they would deliver MVP this week? And what the hell has the design of a forum got to do with all this?

Boring....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 01:41:09 AM

It is really ridiculous what you are doing, but in the end even funny to watch. A forum clown has been born.

But serious, show me a timeline where stands that they would deliver MVP this week? And what the hell has the design of a forum got to do with all this?

Boring....

It's not only the "design" of MAID forum that reminds me of Paycointalk, it's the tone.  Long on hype, short on realistic critical self-evaluation.  That was clear in my post, so you ignored the part you didn't want to see.

But it's an unfair comparison because Paycoin at least had a working blockchain, while MAID sells itself with happy talk about a new private internet yet uses Bitcoin's conspicuously transparent blockchain.

If Maid was a serious effort, I'd expect Safecoin to piggyback on a private coin instead of one being analyzed/tracked/monitored by numerous private firms and .gov TLAs.

Please elaborate on how that expectation is unreasonable and makes me a clown.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:58:44 AM

Boring....

It's not only the "design" of MAID forum that reminds me of Paycointalk, it's the tone.  Long on hype, short on realistic critical self-evaluation.  That was clear in my post, so you ignored the part you didn't want to see.

But it's an unfair comparison because Paycoin at least had a working blockchain, while MAID sells itself with happy talk about a new private internet yet uses uᴉoɔʇᴉq's conspicuously transparent blockchain.

If Maid was a serious effort, I'd expect Safecoin to piggyback on a private coin instead of one being analyzed/tracked/monitored by numerous private firms and .gov TLAs.

Please elaborate on how that expectation is unreasonable and makes me a clown.   Tongue

I think it was great idea to crowdfund using OMNI and the blockchain. They raised something like 8 million in 48H. Now they have around 9 devs working fully on their project. They went from 500K lines of code in C++ to under 25K in Rust. Next they released a POC for you to run at home. A few weeks ago they released a POC with a centralized testnet on 50 small servers. the next step will be Vaults we all run at home. Once this network is launched it can't be stopped anymore. So I understand they wanna check and double check before they release the installers. After that they will focus on messaging and Safecoin.

Yes, it's taking a lot of time. Yes, people on the forum are very excited and I'm one of them. But when this technology runs on a global network we'll see something very very special.     
kushalgaudel

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:33:23 AM

maid look interesting. great project with hard worker devs. i will be part of it very soon. cheers
ljm81new_again

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:01:09 PM

Over priced nothingness, maid has one use and one use only and that's for a 1 to 1 swap with safecoin which will have billions and 30% of that will be out on release.

Its ever gonna hold a price anywhere near one maid token so anyone that buys in now is gonna lose heavily, which is why it pumped from 6000sats out of nowhere cuz some greedy muppet dint know maid was a token lololol.

Best of luck with your project but the price of maid is all out off wack!!

Corvet

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:03:23 PM

i already bought 13035 :/ i should sell them and get out , shit
Shunak

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:29:30 PM

Is there a functional version?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:08:36 PM

Its ever gonna hold a price anywhere near one maid token so anyone that buys in now is gonna lose heavily, which is why it pumped from 6000sats out of nowhere cuz some greedy muppet dint know maid was a token lololol.

I am curious what will happen to the price after release, especially after the full release, not MVP. Logically one would think it'd go down after token conversion, then it depends on marketing and usage. Assuming it gets used at all.

As for the current price... all coin prices seem out of whack to me, including btc. It actually pumped from a lower starting point, was sub 4K before the recent pump.  Of course the price is being manipulated (like all coins) --wasn't out of nowhere, by the way, it was due to MVP talk.

But the question isn't what will be the price after the token conversion, but what will happen to the price when MVP is finally announced for release.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:25:30 PM

I am curious what will happen to the price after release, especially after the full release, not MVP. Logically one would think it'd go down after token conversion, then it depends on marketing and usage. Assuming it gets used at all.

As for the current price... all coin prices seem out of whack to me, including btc. It actually pumped from a lower starting point, was sub 4K before the recent pump.  Of course the price is being manipulated (like all coins) --wasn't out of nowhere, by the way, it was due to MVP talk.

But the question isn't what will be the price after the token conversion, but what will happen to the price when MVP is finally announced for release.
it didnt pump from 6k sat "out of nowhere" it went up because the pre-mvp came out. thats what theyre testing for the past 2 months. once its good enough there will be the mvp release (soon?) and after that gets ironed out then we can have a mainnet.
its not like theres going to be another 70% of coins rleeased at launch. people will have to provide resources to get coins on the main net. aka be online, serve get requests, and provide storage. when they get a request and are online to serve it theyll be awarded coins. your not going to be rich on launch with a 10 tb server. besides marketcap is what 30 something million now, which is 5x ipo price after years of work and a year since the ipo. look at what eth price did in less time, is eth overvalued. (yes but not by 1000x)
the point of this is an entire decentralized internet. do you think an internets worth les than 30 million marketcap because i think its worth just a tiny bit more personally.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 09:54:27 PM

Is there a functional version?

Uh-oh!  You just had to GO THERE.   Cheesy

*hand-waving intensifies*

If you want a functional version, use this instead: https://github.com/HelloZeroNet/ZeroBundle/releases/download/0.1.1/ZeroBundle-v0.1.1.zip

Bonus: zeronet is free and decentralized (no need to buy silly, insecure, traceable tokens or support IPO scam)!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 10:51:06 PM

Stop spamming your crap in here. Check your trust level, you are only busy with spamming and trolling. Like i said, it is getting bored
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 02:55:05 AM

Stop spamming your crap in here. Check your trust level, you are only busy with spamming and trolling. Like i said, it is getting bored

See what I mean?  We can't talk about Maid's lack of a working version (10 years and millions in IPO $$$ later) or the hand-waving intensifies.

It's on-topic to discuss alternatives to Maid.  You're just whining because those alternatives (Freenet, SIA, STORJ, i2p, IPFS, zeronet, etc.) are free, actually work, and aren't centralized IPO trash.

I love the irony of being accused of "spamming" by some noob with a commercial advert not only in his sig, but personal text as well.  I'll be sure to not use that VPN, and recommend nobody else does either.   Cheesy

Why don't you answer Shunak's pertinent question?  If you are getting bored, try finding a new hobby.  Maybe start knitting or volunteering at the nursing home or homeless shelter.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 10:55:09 AM

I'm getting bored of you with your constantly fudding others and their projects. You weren't discussing MAID, you were spamming zeronet in a MAID topic. Totally different, offtopic and really annoying.

Just check your trust score....flooding with red fud topics. So stop being a smart ass and stick with your Monero topics. It would be greatly appreciated.
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:34:42 PM

Here's the latest Dev-Update:

MaidSafe Dev Update 29th March 2016

Follow the development through GitHub/Maidsafe.

Facts.

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:42:27 PM

yes , the only things that counts is being worked so jumpers gonna jump fudders gonna fuuud

MaidSafe Dev Update 29th March 2016

Facts.

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
zeeman

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:22:59 PM

MaidSafe Dev Update 5th April 2016

As everyone who regularly follows these updates will be aware, getting the MVP out is taking a bit longer than we all expected; just now this is mainly due to bugs that we are seeing with uTP, issues that are not reproduced using TCP. So as the Crust team continues to work on these issues the decision has been taken to slightly change direction with the MVP and initially release a TCP only MVP. This may require a little more manual set-up from the user side, but it was felt better to keep the rolling release schedule erm… rolling - rather than lose momentum,as the guys are currently testing this and seeing very positive results. So to be as transparent as we always try to be: the first MVP is going to be initially TCP only, with uTP support to follow.

As you may be aware uTP is a layer on UDP that allows reliable transfer of data, while also allowing better NAT traversal than TCP. Utorrent uses this, but many in that community still use TCP as it’s 20% quicker. uTP following TCP is therefore sensible and it allows all the other libraries and the resources we were pouring into Crust to be pushed into the Client APIs and Beta features (messaging / safecoin / advanced data handling, etc). This is now where we will once more see much faster delivery of components to the community, so we are delighted and excited to be again looking at the innovations and features that will make SAFE very complete and more efficient.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 11:36:02 PM

MaidSafe Dev Update 5th April 2016

getting the MVP out is taking a bit longer than we all expected

the decision has been taken to slightly change direction with the MVP and initially release a TCP only MVP.

Another Fail and yet more delay?  What a surprise!  I'm shocked to find out one does not simply reinvent TCP.   Shocked

Putting Kademlia on TCP was done successfully 14 years ago.  It's called eDonkey and Skype and Limewire and Freenet.  So much for Maid's blue sky dream of making (and collecting rent from) their own pay-to-play TAWP SEKRIT internet with blackjack and hookers.

Unbelievable it would take Maid 10 years to make yet another 2nd gen p2p platform, with some trendy NOW WITH MOAR BLOCKCHAIN stuff pasted on for fundraising and marketing purposes.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 01:12:04 AM

I am invested in a number of coin/token projects, and always interested in diversifying. But the behaviour and community of a particular coin is a very big factor in my decisions. Maidsafe and SEC I am all over.

Monero looks interesting and would probably be on my list of investments but I see the same individual trolling in numerous threads I'm in, and that has shut me down to investing into Monero. Probably there is a great community over at XMR but I just am not interested in checking it out as it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I have no time, energy, or passion for debate, but it is possible that you (Icebreaker) might be doing your Monero community harm. Or I could be wrong, but just my 2 cents....

Cool story bro.  I like the part where you deflect criticism of Maid's failure to launch by preemptively rage-quitting a completely unrelated project.

We can't expect a noob like you to be aware of it, but I was speaking my mind long before Monero existed and won't stop just to appease some whining pleb nobody.

Wow, Maid is still struggling to implement Kademlia on TCP.  And you think they have a chance of reinventing a New & Improved UDP layer?  Good luck with that.  What the world really needs right now is yet another entry on this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_P2P#List_of_anonymous_P2P_networks_and_clients

Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
someredguy

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 11:42:26 AM

I will NEVER invest or do ANYTHING with respect to the troll-coin that iCEBREAKER continually talks about. iCEBREAKER is constantly spamming and trolling and several threads. I refuse to quote the troll-coin and nor should you.

Dash - Fast, anonymous, digital cash.  http://www.dash.org
zeeman

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:53:35 PM

The founder of Maidsafe wrote several replies to the last Dev-Update. This is what's coming:

In the coming weeks.

• We'll go from the centralized 50 little servers at Maidsafe to a decentralized global network.
  • Next to a client people can run Vaults as well. This is when it does become a truly P2P/testnet.
  • Users can log on to the network like it´s possible right now.
  • Users can register their own URL in the DNS like is possible right now.
  • The 5 mb. limit will be slowly moved up to allow bigger files.

Here´s the link

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: