Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:27:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 04:22:04 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2016, 05:38:17 AM by iCEBREAKER

I will NEVER invest or do ANYTHING with respect to the troll-coin that iCEBREAKER continually talks about. iCEBREAKER is constantly spamming and trolling and several threads. I refuse to quote the troll-coin and nor should you.

I like the part where you deflect criticism of Maid's outdated design and failure to launch on schedule by shooting the messenger.

We can't expect a noob like you to be aware of it, but I was speaking my mind before 99.99% of all altcoins existed and won't stop just to appease some whining pleb nobody.

Don't forget to rage-dump all your BTC and rage-quit Bitcoin because I continually talk about block size, Satoshi, cypherpunks, etc.

What's that?  You were just blathering empty promises and forgot I've owned BTC since 2011, but are not actually willing to act on them?  Yah, that's what I figured.  It happens a lot, but the stupidity of LOLcows never gets old.   Grin

The founder of Maidsafe wrote

In the coming weeks.®

Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 10:09:30 AM

I really would like to thank iCEBREAKER for all his FUD. I hope he can talk the price down a bit more. Thanks! I'll buy some extra at these prices  Tongue

Someone has a decentralized forum POC running on the system. It's called Decorum and it's already operational. It uses hashes of posts to link replies.

Another user is building a BitTorrent killer called : Safelists

The community jumps on this technology so we should see more live and working Apps soon  Grin

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 10:56:13 AM

Nice job! Looks ok for a PoC
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:13:47 AM

I will NEVER invest or do ANYTHING with respect to the troll-coin that iCEBREAKER continually talks about. iCEBREAKER is constantly spamming and trolling and several threads. I refuse to quote the troll-coin and nor should you.

I like the part where you deflect criticism of Maid's outdated design and failure to launch on schedule by shooting the messenger.

We can't expect a noob like you to be aware of it, but I was speaking my mind before 99.99% of all altcoins existed and won't stop just to appease some whining pleb nobody.

Don't forget to rage-dump all your BTC and rage-quit Bitcoin because I continually talk about block size, Satoshi, cypherpunks, etc.

What's that?  You were just blathering empty promises and forgot I've owned BTC since 2011, but are not actually willing to act on them?  Yah, that's what I figured.  It happens a lot, but the stupidity of LOLcows never gets old.   Grin

The founder of Maidsafe wrote

In the coming weeks.®

Cheesy

well maybe if your replies werent so pointed and even biased we'd consider your replies seriously. but we all know what ur doing. ur like "obvious.. troll is obvious". none of the information uve posted on the forum in your argument is useful, or even relevant to maid. its a shame, uve been working so hard to market other options to maid community and the price has barely moved in all that time. also not one of those options can replace maid for what it's intended to be. maid's uniqueness is in it's structure. maid longevity is in the time and dedication put in by the devs thus far with positive results at every new turn. this is why i have invested in maid. ive invested in maid's longterm goals as an early investor. not any of the things you've pointed out or are trying to point out anyway. lol. the things you're pointing to arent even reasons anyone would care to consider whether investing short or long. lol such noob troll.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 10:04:33 PM

What he does not understand is the fact that he is ruining his own coin with his stupid actions in other threads. I have checked once his fudcoin, but when i found out he was behind it i clicked everything away and never looked back into it. I do not want to support a coin with such backers behind it.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 12:18:54 AM

What he does not understand is the fact that he is ruining his own coin with his stupid actions in other threads. I have checked once his fudcoin, but when i found out he was behind it i clicked everything away and never looked back into it. I do not want to support a coin with such backers behind it.

It's funny that you are such a n00b you don't even know I've been here since long before anyone ever heard of Monero.

But please, by all means try to hold that completely unrelated project hostage and threaten it with Serious Consequences for the crime of one of its boosters having an honest (and well-informed) negative opinion about MAID.

Good luck double-charging everyone for internet access.  I'm sure we're all eager to abandon the plethora of working and tested free alternatives already available on standard plain old TCP/IP.

Oh wait, even MAID is resorting to using TCP since its UDP ambitions greatly exceeded the reach of its devs' technological grasp.   Grin Grin

Thanks for the 90s nostalgia.  I had forgotten about Kad's XOR 'logical distance' measurement.  Fascinating subject, that old stuff from the Golden Age of P2P.  MAID gonna bring back DHT like it's a fucking Oasis reunion!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 10:33:12 AM

I don't care how long you are here...you are acting like a little kid. Just stop with that, please (did you read that....i said please?). I'm not trying to insult you (like you do), but just pointing you for your actions. It's childish, unprofessional and certainly not friendly. And not only in this thread, but in all the threads where you fud the projects down. Why not just respect everyone's work and their effort in the crypto world? We are all trying to do something what Satoshi started. And that is being a part of a new environment which could change the world and it's creepy establishment.

So again, as adult to adult....can you please stop your nonsense? I would highly appreciate it and i think most of us would.

Thank you!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 10:57:57 PM

I don't care how long you are here...you are acting like a little kid. Just stop with that, please (did you read that....i said please?). I'm not trying to insult you (like you do), but just pointing you for your actions. It's childish, unprofessional and certainly not friendly. And not only in this thread, but in all the threads where you fud the projects down. Why not just respect everyone's work and their effort in the crypto world? We are all trying to do something what Satoshi started. And that is being a part of a new environment which could change the world and it's creepy establishment.

So again, as adult to adult....can you please stop your nonsense? I would highly appreciate it and i think most of us would.

Thank you!

I came to this thread to ask questions but instead of substantial, responsive answers there was only defensiveness and hostility.

You spend way more time gossiping about *me* and critiquing my motivations than you do discussing my concerns about MAID.

Respect is earned, yet you seem to believe it's the default position.  Nope, that's not how it works.

Many projects richly deserve FUD.  Neucoin.  Paycoin.  Cryptsy.  Dash.  Maid.  Don't like that?  Too bad.  GFY and CRY MOAR PLZ.   Kiss

For reference, here is my first post on this thread, which still hasn't been properly addressed:

Is there a another thread for SafeCoin?

How are SafeCoins made safe and anonymous?

Ring signatures?  CoinJoin?  Something new?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:36:57 AM

Too bad.  GFY and CRY MOAR PLZ.   Kiss
You were asked to stop being a child. And you were asked respectfully. Why does an intelligent man need to include this ^^^ kind of pathetic nonsense?

This 'earning respect' thingy. Lecture the readers a little more, on how this works for you.   
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 09:34:45 AM

You were asked to stop being a child. And you were asked respectfully. Why does an intelligent man need to include this ^^^ kind of pathetic nonsense?

This 'earning respect' thingy. Lecture the readers a little more, on how this works for you.   

The problem is that SafeCoins are not actually safe.

They use the radically transparent Bitcoin blockchain, so they are easily traceable/linkable/public.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of using an encrypted P2P VPN like Maid?

It would be like requiring Paypal to use TOR.  Bad idea.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:33:41 PM

maybe , not , the SYSTEM is NOT ready ,thanks to be precise but it is in the works.
as any project , even BTC isn't ready , but let already use virtual credit card to prepay a Tesla 3:

https://news.bitcoin.com/pre-ordering-tesla-3-bitcoin/

i think what is said is enough

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
zeeman

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:56:24 PM

They use the radically transparent Bitcoin blockchain, so they are easily traceable/linkable/public.

There's a difference between Maidsafecoin and Safecoin which you don't get. Maidsafecoin was the "proxy coin" for the crowdsale. Safecoin will be implemented on the SAFE Network. And for Safecoin no blockchain is used. So when you send your Maidsafecoin to an address provided by Maidsafe, they'll send you your Safecoin over the SAFE Network. Another option probably is that exchanges like Poloniex will do the switch. Once on Safenet no one can trace any coins back to you. There's no blockchain on that system. No way to send a request and see which address has how many coins. You could make 150 new addresses in your wallet all owned by you an nobody has a clue who the owner is. You could even make a temporarily account on SAFE just to get the coins. Once you have them you send them to your real account and nobody has a clue you did it.

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 06:57:27 PM

There is a Project Decorum Crowdsale going on now if you guys are interested:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1432872.0

https://forum.safenetwork.io/t/project-decorum-crowdsale/8474

http://icocountdown.com

Never miss a crowdsale again!

zeeman

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:58:41 PM

The Vaults are tested right now. Should take some days but all looks well. Several libraries are locked in the code as we wait for the MVP to come out. Not this week though...

Here's the link
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 12:50:48 AM

There's a difference between Maidsafecoin and Safecoin which you don't get. Maidsafecoin was the "proxy coin" for the crowdsale. Safecoin will be implemented on the SAFE Network. And for Safecoin no blockchain is used. So when you send your Maidsafecoin to an address provided by Maidsafe, they'll send you your Safecoin over the SAFE Network. Another option probably is that exchanges like Poloniex will do the switch. Once on Safenet no one can trace any coins back to you. There's no blockchain on that system. No way to send a request and see which address has how many coins. You could make 150 new addresses in your wallet all owned by you an nobody has a clue who the owner is. You could even make a temporarily account on SAFE just to get the coins. Once you have them you send them to your real account and nobody has a clue you did it.

Thanks for the thorough explanation.  Has the convoluted process you describe been reviewed by Peter Todd or a similar expert in adversarial thinking and penetration testing?

All those steps create a large amount of attack surface, some of which may leak or possibly be tricked into reducing privacy.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
zeeman

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:56:38 AM

It would be like requiring Paypal to use TOR.  Bad idea.

Thanks for the thorough explanation.  Has the convoluted process you describe been reviewed by Peter Todd or a similar expert in adversarial thinking and penetration testing?

All those steps create a large amount of attack surface, some of which may leak or possibly be tricked into reducing privacy.

Yes, there are some studies on Maidsafe from a university. Check the forum if you want to know more, don't know the direct links here. And Satoshi just lunched his Bitcoin in 2009. I don't know about researchers that checked the stuff before he/she did. David from Maidsafe always says that putting stuff out to the public is the best way to get things tested. The whole system works with "ownership" so if you want to hack Safecoin you need to become the owner of other people's coins (addresses). That's not that different from trying to own someone's URL right now in the network. Or someone's username/replies on the Decorum POC. Both of them are live right now. So if you want to give it a try, feel free to hack the thing out of the SAFE-Network as it is right now. I dare to say it can't be done  Wink  
zeeman

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:53:36 PM

Here's the latest Dev-Update:

MaidSafe Dev Update 12th April 2016

Follow the development through GitHub/Maidsafe.

This has been a pretty terrific week for us in many ways. Crust and Routing now appear very stable in tests. We have a droplet deployer script to start up networks quickly and churn these (kill and start nodes) in a programmatic manner. These tests allow an end-to-end test of the modules. Great news crust and routing now are at a point of feature freeze for the MVP. There are some small changes, but only to satisfy other libs, the core of these libraries are now considered stable and MVP ready (as a bonus, with Udt and home networking).

This allows us to relocate resources (not all though, these libraries will evolve) to upper layers and this really is great news. Crust is low level and interoperates with the Operating System and network (I/O) which is very difficult to get right across operating systems and networks. Having this solid is a very large hurdle. Previously this module was a black hole where things could fail in upper libraries with the constant question “is that a crust error?”. Now we have passed that.

Then routing, the “workhorse” of the network became feature complete and tested to an acceptable level for MVP (Minimum Viable Product). This again was a library that was a real developer sink in terms of resources and again had to guarantee its promises were in fact being maintained. It now does! (we satisfy the kademlia invariant with a recursive version of that protocol and managed connections, this is pretty huge).

These are like an avalanche really as we move downhill to launch. Each of these layers allows a relatively huge resource base to be applied to the upper layers. Many of the resources we had in the lower modules were very highly skilled and can now deploy to upper layers, it is a huge relief).

Now we have vaults to confirm and that is happening now with 7-8 developers on a hangout every day to check/double check and confirm vaults do as they promise. Not only do they work, but make sure they are easily extensible. This is important there to allow features which will only exist in vaults and clients to be implemented with significantly greater velocity than previous. It is a very exciting time.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:58:32 PM

Many projects richly deserve FUD.  Neucoin.  Paycoin.  Cryptsy.  Dash.  Maid.  Don't like that?  Too bad.  GFY and CRY MOAR PLZ.   Kiss

How is your precious coin now, my brother. People are reading your fud and dumping your coin right now. Not a good move ai?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 12:43:06 AM

How is your precious coin now, my brother. People are reading your fud and dumping your coin right now. Not a good move ai?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:29:42 AM

ice i dont know your issue but wtf mate, MAID aiming for something good here...the fuck is your issue?  did u work for them and they fired you or some shit?  you obviously have issues.  if you fud at least do it on true shit coins from scam devs or something.  thus far MAID seems to have solid work (takes bloody long yes) but also bots/eyes on it with steady vol's at each major exch.  

not sure i guess you're in monero?  i've made money on that just like i hope to with maid, playing swings because monero is manipulated just as much (if not more).  and honestly i dont know much about it but it seems like nothing special to me.  well maybe something special about it but using it? lol fuck that...useless real world from what i see.  i wont be using MAID either unless they come thru, but anyway...they could use MORE updates here yes.

you need to go get a hooker or something and some crack, chill the fuck out.  i mean not sure if your fud is doing anything but whatever, cheap coins for some of us.  i dont think you're "holding it down" so i dont have to say "stop fudding you're killing my chances at making money" cos if/when MAID moons it'll be without you apparently.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: