Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:20:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 02:15:15 AM

ice i dont know your issue but wtf mate, MAID aiming for something good here...the fuck is your issue?  did u work for them and they fired you or some shit?  you obviously have issues.  if you fud at least do it on true shit coins from scam devs or something.  thus far MAID seems to have solid work (takes bloody long yes) but also bots/eyes on it with steady vol's at each major exch.  

not sure i guess you're in monero?  i've made money on that just like i hope to with maid, playing swings because monero is manipulated just as much (if not more).  and honestly i dont know much about it but it seems like nothing special to me.  well maybe something special about it but using it? lol fuck that...useless real world from what i see.  i wont be using MAID either unless they come thru, but anyway...they could use MORE updates here yes.

you need to go get a hooker or something and some crack, chill the fuck out.  i mean not sure if your fud is doing anything but whatever, cheap coins for some of us.  i dont think you're "holding it down" so i dont have to say "stop fudding you're killing my chances at making money" cos if/when MAID moons it'll be without you apparently.

I've got 3 issues.

1.  MAID is ancient Kad-based tech that still can't do what Freenet did 15 years ago, yet aspires to charge for the same services and presumed to collect IPO money for vaporware development.

2. MAID's old tech is being hyped by bolting on some trendy "MOAR BLOCKCHAIN" stuff via a Rube Goldberg layer of SafeCoin rigmarole.

3.  Inquires about issues 1 & 2 are met with hostility, speculation about motivations, personal attacks, and very little technical disclosure.

Now I've answered your question, please address one of mine.

Do you feel MAID is by default automatically due respect, or should it be forced to earn respect by demonstrated real-world utility?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:06:08 AM

ice i dont know your issue but wtf mate, MAID aiming for something good here...the fuck is your issue?  did u work for them and they fired you or some shit?  you obviously have issues.  if you fud at least do it on true shit coins from scam devs or something.  thus far MAID seems to have solid work (takes bloody long yes) but also bots/eyes on it with steady vol's at each major exch.  

not sure i guess you're in monero?  i've made money on that just like i hope to with maid, playing swings because monero is manipulated just as much (if not more).  and honestly i dont know much about it but it seems like nothing special to me.  well maybe something special about it but using it? lol fuck that...useless real world from what i see.  i wont be using MAID either unless they come thru, but anyway...they could use MORE updates here yes.

you need to go get a hooker or something and some crack, chill the fuck out.  i mean not sure if your fud is doing anything but whatever, cheap coins for some of us.  i dont think you're "holding it down" so i dont have to say "stop fudding you're killing my chances at making money" cos if/when MAID moons it'll be without you apparently.

I've got 3 issues.

1.  MAID is ancient Kad-based tech that still can't do what Freenet did 15 years ago, yet aspires to charge for the same services and presumed to collect IPO money for vaporware development.

2. MAID's old tech is being hyped by bolting on some trendy "MOAR BLOCKCHAIN" stuff via a Rube Goldberg layer of SafeCoin rigmarole.

3.  Inquires about issues 1 & 2 are met with hostility, speculation about motivations, personal attacks, and very little technical disclosure.

Do you feel MAID is by default automatically due respect, or should it be forced to earn respect by demonstrated real-world utility?

meh, loaded question.  not to mention how the heck would i be "qualified" enough to answer that re. my position vs. them being (trying to be?) an established coin. 

any coin should get respect by a certain point IF they're headed in the right direction.  most alts won't/don't get real world usage, maybe this one can with what they have coming...better than most alts is my take.  of not, i dont think it freaking matters cause it's being used as another traded shitcoin by MOST crypto ppl out there (it seems?) like any other.

thus i find it hard to use the word "respect" in crypto because the years ive been here...it's just eroding away from what i can tell (from both sides of the fence).

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 05:29:14 AM

I've got 3 issues.

Maid, like all other projects, should earn it.

That doesn't mean that it should be encountered with inane BS, obvious fallacy, and a belligerent refusal to interact with the very specific communications provided weekly on the Safe forums.

MAID's old tech is being hyped by bolting on some trendy "MOAR BLOCKCHAIN" stuff via a Rube Goldberg layer of SafeCoin rigmarole.

What does that even mean?  If Maid is old tech (it's not freenode), then where is the application right now that it has copied?  As far as the trendy comment, it used a blockchain for a crowdsale.  So what? 

I'm not going to plead with you to stop.  But I don't think that you have provided an intelligent answer to anything.  You seem to live in the he said/she said world of online rhetoric which fuels much of your posting.  How boring.

Originally posted by iCEBREAKER
Oh wait, even MAID is resorting to using TCP since its UDP ambitions greatly exceeded the reach of its devs' technological grasp.

This has been a pretty terrific week for us in many ways. Crust and Routing now appear very stable in tests. We have a droplet deployer script to start up networks quickly and churn these (kill and start nodes) in a programmatic manner. These tests allow an end-to-end test of the modules. Great news crust and routing now are at a point of feature freeze for the MVP. There are some small changes, but only to satisfy other libs, the core of these libraries are now considered stable and MVP ready (as a bonus, with Utp and home networking).
https://forum.safenetwork.io/t/maidsafe-dev-update-12th-april-2016/8636

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:16:48 PM

I've got 3 issues.

1.  MAID is ancient Kad-based tech that still can't do what Freenet did 15 years ago, yet aspires to charge for the same services and presumed to collect IPO money for vaporware development.

3.  Inquires about issues 1 & 2 are met with hostility, speculation about motivations, personal attacks, and very little technical disclosure.

1. It's based on Kademlia, but way faster (nodes going offline detected in milliseconds instead of hours to as much as a day). Freenet is around for years and years and although I respect them for their tech: you can't log on to Freenet, you can't register a readable URL on their system. Freenet gets your files your files from cache. Pray to the P2P Gods that your uploaded file from 3 months ago is still there. So Maidsafe is bringing us at least 3 things that Freenet couldn't so far. Authentication, URL's registered in a decentralized DNS and storage of your personal and public files as long as you want. Name me on other Kademlia based P2P-system with a decentralized DNS and Authentication. I bet you can't.

2. What on earth are you talking about? Safenet won't use a blockchain.

3. If you just FUD here on the forum you probably won't find any documentation. I'm not gonna search it for you. But here's a little example:

"very little technical disclosure"  Grin Cheesy Wink Cheesy Grin Cheesy Wink Cheesy Grin you gotta be kidding me!
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 12:28:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzkhA_PBys0

For the n00bs
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 01:04:47 PM

MAID's old tech is being hyped by bolting on some trendy "MOAR BLOCKCHAIN" stuff via a Rube Goldberg layer of SafeCoin rigmarole.

What on earth are you talking about? Safenet won't use a blockchain.

I make a point about SafeCoin's (possibly risky) use of Bitcoin's public blockchain, and you talk about Safenet.   Roll Eyes

Safenet is bound to SafeCoin via a Rube Goldberg layer of chutes and ladders that may leak privacy.

Of course you'd rather talk up Safenet's internals than address concerns about the anonymity of the payment interface.

Other than some vague reference to people at universities, are any well known cypherpunks reviewing the SafeCoin<->SafeNet scheme?

Since people's lives might depend on that scheme being untraceable/unlinkable/private, I don't understand the resentment towards scrutiny.

Unless you're only here for the pump and dump....

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
zeeman

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:29:33 PM

What on earth are you talking about? Safenet won't use a blockchain.

I make a point about SafeCoin's (possibly risky) use of Bitcoin's public blockchain, and you talk about Safenet.   Roll Eyes

Safenet is bound to SafeCoin via a Rube Goldberg layer of chutes and ladders that may leak privacy.

Of course you'd rather talk up Safenet's internals than address concerns about the anonymity of the payment interface.

Other than some vague reference to people at universities, are any well known cypherpunks reviewing the SafeCoin<->SafeNet scheme?

Since people's lives might depend on that scheme being untraceable/unlinkable/private, I don't understand the resentment towards scrutiny.

I replied yesterday to your concerns about Safecoin, I also explained that Safecoins are addresses on the network. So if you want to hack someone's coins you should hack (become the owner of) these addresses. And you can't, just like you can't deface someone's safewebsite and become the owner of someone's URL on SAFE. And I don't really care if known "cypherpunks" are reviewing it or not. You are making the twist that people should prove that something works instead of you proving it doesn't (Say hi to Satoshi Nakamoto, he would've never launched Bitcoin if it is was up to you). And you keep talking here on Bitcointalk while the real interested people are on the forum diving into the technology when they want to know more. But why should you? Just make some comments about Blockchain (not part of Safenet) and Freenet, even while you don't seem to understand the differences between all these techs. And there's not enough documentation !%!^&!! This took me 3 seconds to find:

Self Encrypting Data
Self-Authentication
Safecoin: The Decentralized Network Token

So you are just trolling and fudding around here. Not really a clue what you are talking about. Hope you are enjoying it.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 01:39:54 PM

So you are just trolling and fudding around here. Not really a clue what you are talking about. Hope you are enjoying it.

Sorry I misspoke.  Where I said SafeCoin I meant to write MaidsafeCoin.  There are so many layers of kludge it's confusing.   Tongue

Let's try it again:

MaidsafeCoin is bound to SafeCoin via a Rube Goldberg layer of chutes and ladders that may leak privacy.

Other than some vague reference to people at universities, are any well known cypherpunks reviewing the SafeCoin<->MaidsafeCoin scheme?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
zeeman

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:44:50 PM

@ICEBREAKER

There's a difference between Maidsafecoin and Safecoin which you don't get. Maidsafecoin was the "proxy coin" for the crowdsale. Safecoin will be implemented on the SAFE Network. And for Safecoin no blockchain is used. So when you send your Maidsafecoin to an address provided by Maidsafe, they'll send you your Safecoin over the SAFE Network. Another option probably is that exchanges like Poloniex will do the switch. Once on Safenet no one can trace any coins back to you. There's no blockchain on that system. No way to send a request and see which address has how many coins. You could make 150 new addresses in your wallet all owned by you an nobody has a clue who the owner is. You could even make a temporarily account on SAFE just to get the coins. Once you have them you send them to your real account and nobody has a clue you did it.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 02:16:49 PM

@ICEBREAKER

There's a difference between Maidsafecoin and Safecoin which you don't get. Maidsafecoin was the "proxy coin" for the crowdsale. Safecoin will be implemented on the SAFE Network. And for Safecoin no blockchain is used. So when you send your Maidsafecoin to an address provided by Maidsafe, they'll send you your Safecoin over the SAFE Network. Another option probably is that exchanges like Poloniex will do the switch. Once on Safenet no one can trace any coins back to you. There's no blockchain on that system. No way to send a request and see which address has how many coins. You could make 150 new addresses in your wallet all owned by you an nobody has a clue who the owner is. You could even make a temporarily account on SAFE just to get the coins. Once you have them you send them to your real account and nobody has a clue you did it.

How can you simply assert there are no privacy issues involved in this complicated chain of tokens and addresses?

Has this sophisticated scheme been vetted by any reputable crypto experts?  What do LukeJr and Peter Todd think?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
zeeman

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:29:03 PM

How can you simply assert there are no privacy issues involved in this complicated chain of tokens and addresses?

Has this sophisticated scheme been vetted by any reputable crypto experts?  What do LukeJr and Peter Todd think?

Ask them!
Rem9

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 03:24:53 PM

Price is on the rise. Go Maid Go!  Cheesy
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:43:12 PM

you need to go get a hooker or something and some crack, chill the fuck out.  i mean not sure if your fud is doing anything but whatever, cheap coins for some of us.  i dont think you're "holding it down" so i dont have to say "stop fudding you're killing my chances at making money" cos if/when MAID moons it'll be without you apparently.

I've got 3 issues.

1.  MAID is ancient Kad-based tech that still can't do what Freenet did 15 years ago, yet aspires to charge for the same services and presumed to collect IPO money for vaporware development.

3.  Inquires about issues 1 & 2 are met with hostility, speculation about motivations, personal attacks, and very little technical disclosure.

maybe noone cares about the dated tech view when the basic outline provides something we like as is. personally i dont care what tech is being used and how dated it is. that says nothing. using old stuff in new ways is also innovation. and regardless, i like the structure of maidsafe and its roadmap for what it is. the rest does nothing for me. noone's hostile to you. i think just annoyed by your negative baseless assertions and your line of questioning.. personally i dont care for the answers to the questions ur asking.. so maybe you should just go have a chat with the dev like a mature adult would if they wanted to get the details. instead of making a big fuss on the forum like noone wants to talk to you and then creating that self fullfilling prophecy of noone wanting to talk to you. lol

u sound like such a whny panderer...

oh cry cry dont buy maid, hate it for the reason i hate it or dont believe in it".

i dont care bud. the reasons u hate maid or dont want to invest in it are all yours. i bought in at 15k again.... so you cry.. while i smile.. all the way to the bank.
jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 11:54:20 AM

what i dont quite get is why Maidsafe has not launched yet?

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 04:01:52 PM

Because they are in test phase...pretty simple procedure before you go live.
jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 04:18:48 PM

but its been nearly nearly ready for ever afaik.

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 04:29:12 PM

I don't see a problem here...it is going almost live after ten years of work...i think those months can be added also, don't you think?
zeeman

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:02:43 PM

what i dont quite get is why Maidsafe has not launched yet?

They had trouble finding investors. David (the founder) was talking about a build in coin system even before Bitcoin was out. So most of the time they were working a bit on the project and spent most time try to convince investors that their ideas were valid. Next thing Bitcoin shows up, making it more easy to explain the idea to people. They even used it to do their crowdfund over the Bitcoin blockchain using the mastercoin/omni protocol. They raised about 8 million in 48H. Since then they've build a team, changed from over 500K lines of code in C++ to under 30K in Rustlang. And now they're close to launch. Well, actually they did launch but it's still centralized running on their own 50 sever. Next step is to bring out the MVP which will allow people to run Vaults from home.  
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 10:48:09 PM

but its been nearly nearly ready for ever afaik.

are u suffering from anxiety? there's a pill for that   Cheesy
zeeman

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:31:47 PM

Here's the latest Dev-Update:

MaidSafe Dev Update 21st April 2016

Yeah, community testing to a new level. You can now run a Vault from home and join the network. Not the MVP yet so you have to be a but technical...

However... yes there is a however, if you are super keen to get involved in community Vault testing a little earlier - we are in the position to share Vault (TCP only) binaries that can be run from home (subject to some limitations please read before jumping in, details below). I really want to be 100% clear, this is NOT the MVP... I repeat ...not the MVP :wink: but it is a Vault running from your own computer and joining the SAFE Network (we are running 100 Vault nodes) - which is in itself extremely cool and another milestone as part of the rolling community testing release cycle.

So how do you do this…

safe_vault v0.6.0
Download safe_vault binary1 and unzip files.
To run a Vault, it is currently necessary to be either directly connected or forward a TCP port in your router and then specify the port you have forwarded within the Crust config file (safe_vault.crust.config).
At tcp_acceptor_port replace null with the port you forwarded e.g. 1234
Execute the binary (from the command line, although not necessary on Windows) - you have now joined a Vault to the SAFE Network :slight_smile:

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: