Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:35:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260221 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 02:15:25 PM

solo mining with such difficulty?
Unreal Smiley

Well.. it's all about your luck Wink Are you generally a lucky person ?
Mining Diamond solo is better then reading daily Horoscopes to find out if you're lucky today or not.. just give it a go for an hour or so and if you find a block in that time means your day will be great Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:20:00 PM

I hope that the Official BLOCKEXPLORER www.diamondblocks.info on your site soon earn ..

The person who runs the diamondblocks.info has disappeared and we have no contact with him.

We're building our own Block Explorer. 
Yes, it happens frequently in the world of Cryptocurrencies. Perhaps those people whom you trust deceive you and disappear with impunity.
The similar happened recently in the team of worldcoinfoundation. Necessary to take care of important projects were entrusted to reliable people from the development team, and it would be nice to update your site.
P.s. The updated version of Diamond 2.01 works fine. No more problems with fonts.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
paladin281978

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:45:01 PM

Why wallet 2.0.1 does not switch into my language? reboot doesn't help

2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 02:52:44 PM

WayForward, can you give us a number of coins mined per 1Mh/s every hour?

TIA

i mined 6 DMD in last 8 hours
with 60 mhash (3x amd290 6x amd280)

so u can see diamonds are very valuable and rare

that exact comment proves that such launch is unfair. i'm mining for 1 day and got 4 dmd. and that's solely because i managed to get mining when the difficulty was still low. but again, for 6 hours the wallet had crashed without me noticing (my mistake), thus the difficulty had risen. so if you mined 6 dmd in last 8 hours with 60 mhash, imagined what happens to people that have 10 mh (i have 7) and their wallets were crashing constantly yesterday...

i mined yesterday 12 hrs, got 0 blocks... that was when diff was 16 to 24, when diff went higher i had to stop, i only have 3.1 Mh/s
hope we can solve the pool issues, i want my precious

Bad luck, that's all.
popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 02:56:36 PM

Thank you for pointing this out, we'll investigate it and add more languages in the process.

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:58:51 PM

Now in your wallet, English only. I think that this is still a test version and other languages ​​should be added later.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
m5j0r

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:06:02 PM

could someone please tell me exactly how to solo mine?
It just does not frickin work and I'd at least like to try my luck until the damn pools work again.

diamond.conf in WHICH folder?
diamond.conf or diamondcoin.conf?

etc.

Please?
popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 03:08:58 PM

Sorry but no luck with source code.

Any help please?

You must be using the old source code. Please download the latest one with fixed UI from this address: https://github.com/DMDcoin/Diamond-Coin-2.0.1.

Pool owners confirmed it can be compiled without any problems.

popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 03:28:42 PM

any idea when cryptsy will update wallet? Deposits not showing up.

+1

Any updates regarding wallets being provided to exchanges?

The wallet has been submitted to Cryptsy on Friday but they are extra slow. No matter what they require at least 48h to respond and they work only 'normal' week day hours. Now we have weekend so they do not work.

Whenever is our turn, they will do what's needed.

We'd like it to be ASAP but we have no control over it.

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:32:53 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 03:54:32 PM by HR

A Quick Note to the Community

This is not the time to be alarmed, nor are we dealing with something of such magnitude that should cause alarm. Bugs happen. Not everything in this world is perfect. In fact, most everything is not, and computer science is no exception by any stretch of the imagination. Bugs happen, and nobody's perfect. My God, what is Microsoft's threshold for known issues for a new OS release? 2,500? I'm not sure if I have that number correct or if it's actually higher, but that's the number of KNOWN issues they have to get below in order to bring a new OS to market. 2,500 known issues are your 'freebies' when you buy a new MS release!

My hope is to put things into perspective here. The DMD relaunch issues are really quite minor issues in my opinion. Issues nonetheless, and issues that must be dealt with, but certainly manageable and, ultimately, fixable.

In my first post at Diamond I said that the most important thing was getting things right, and that everything else was secondary. http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/topic,688.msg1562.html#msg1562 That was heartily seconded by DMD team members, and rightfully so: what matters is not how long it takes you, but whether or not you get it right.

We should all be very calm and very relaxed. I've said before in this same thread that I think this Dev team is a group of very capable VISIONARIES, and I still maintain that. Hey, nobody's a magician. One thing I always tell my customers is that I'm an IT technician, not a magician. We all need realistic expectations, and we can't expect the impossible.

Going beyond their visionary aptitudes, what's more important still is their level of commitment. I wrote something here on BitCoinTalk a while back expressing what I think about commitment and how it relates to and will influence future crytocurrency success or failure. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557086.0 Commitment is THE KEY, and would anyone dare say that these guys are not committed? Do doubt about it, the job will get done – where there's a will, there's a way (and they have the necessary knowledge to do it as well). It's not a question of if, rather simply a question of when, and it will be done right, and will have been well worth the wait. We should all be 100% certain of that outcome given their level of commitment.

Of course, this is to say nothing about our level of commitment, that is to say, the community's commitment to work with the Devs and with each other as well. With regards to my tongue-in-cheek comments about fairness from earlier on, and comments made by others in this same regard, like some have said, “shit happens”. On a practical level, there's nothing we can do about someone having taken advantage of the situation by solo mining “easy” Diamonds. On the other hand, perhaps that's all folly to begin with, the matter of “easy” Diamonds that is. “Easy” Diamonds? Were there really any easy Diamonds? By my calculations, the rate of mining using the “temporary” blockchain info https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg6508420#msg6508420 (supposing that that info is accurate, of course) is about 1/3 that of regular mining, that is to say about one new block every three minutes and not every minute. That is pretty miserable profitability when compared to what you could have done mining Groestlcoin in the meantime . . . unless it's just a handful of opportunists who are taking down all those Diamonds. Even if those few Diamonds are falling into relatively few hands, I can assure you that at current exchange rates the average Diamonds being mined daily don't translate into much more than $250 USD daily. Nobody's getting rich on this, and it's really not worth our time.

As for the rest of us, if we had all taken cryptonit's advice and set up our mining rigs to mine Groestl in anticipation, we would have all been mining the most profitable coin while waiting.

we are eagerly waiting for the new wallet and hope you will also show some instructions on the groestl mining because no one really knows how to mine in this algorithm properly.

use the time to learn how to mine groestlcoin
that knowledge will work 1:1 for diamond mining too later
just other pools

here are the batch files i use for amd290 amd280
http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/topic,725.msg1689.html#msg1689
That's right, I said most profitable, and it has been. If you go to coinwarz and do the calculations, putting in real time, real world, hashrate and electricity cost values, you'll see that it's not only the most profitable at the moment, but that it has also been the most profitable coin over the last 14 days!

Here's a referral to my Ubuntu HowTo from cryptonit:

meanwhile good news a nice guide how to mine groestl algo with linux
http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/topic,355.msg1701.html#msg1701

and his impression:

Like it's Christmas.  Wink

Running at 62º Celsius! Pulling 179-180 W from the wall. That's phenomenal. Down from 325-330. Just slightly over half. My electricity bill is going to love this. Maintaining an average hashrate of 4.6 - 5 Mh/s and generating the number of coins expected. I'm getting a full performance confirm all the way around. The profitability picture changes radically with this. (I'm getting very interested in looking at putting some CPUs to work as well, but don't have the slightest idea as to the profitability of that . . . yet).

update:

my own impression mining with two rigs 3x amd 290 and 6x amd280

with scrypt i did use 3000w all together
with groestl im at 1500w all together and silent

using windows 8.1 one one and windows 7 on other rig

Could there be anything more appropriate to use as an example to demonstrate just how “visionary” the DMD Devs are than to directly point out that they are the ones who are taking DMD in the same direction as what has become the de facto number one coin to mine? Most certainly, Groestlcoin has benefited from what DMD is doing, so let's say that there's some give and take going on here, but the point is that if you had set your rigs up for Groestl and mined Groestl in the meantime, far from having missed out on something, you would have actually been mining the best coin out there (until DMD gets back in the saddle of course Wink ), and that, thanks to this Dev team.

When will it be time to point our miners at DMD once again? Here are the expectations that the Devs have given us:

Hello community,

I just wanted to give you an update on the progress. We have everything in place, now we’re rebuilding the database which can take hours as you can imagine, and very often experience yourself. Downloading the blockchain is the part that slows the whole process down and it’s something that no one can do anything about. It just needs to sync on its own.

What happens next?

Next we pass the code to:

1. Cryptsy – they need to resync and test it.

2. Mining pools - they need to resync as well and adapt the software.

3. Community – you need to resync it and continue to enjoy the New Diamond Coin.

As you can see there are time blocks on the way to full release. It’s not ideal and it’s definitely not the way we’ve planned it. But life is life and we are doing everything we can to deal with it to minimise discomfort caused.

Stay tuned. It’s coming …

here one can see that we are a old coin
our blockchain is long......

and new optimized database of wallet need a complete resync one time

thats the price we have to pay to have a faster loading and better performing wallet later

im sorry we didnt realize before that until the wallet is useable by u a few times someone else must sync before

the extended test team
the exchange
the pool
and then u can download wallet and sync

that all adds up and is way beyond our expectations

so even we didnt run into any troubles it still need much more time

i guess groestlcoin must have a hashrate spike if all diamond friends abuse em as training field for their mining rigs.....  Cool

I think those are reasonable, baseline, expectations.

In the meantime, I would recommend that everyone get their rigs setup and mining Groestl so as to not “miss out” on anything, keep their DMD wallets open to keep the network active, actively engage in the troubleshooting process as knowledge and capability allows, and rest assured that this Dev team will get the job done. No doubt about it.

And to the Devs I would just say, chill baby. We're on the same team, all working together, and we know you'll get it done, but maybe it might be time to take an afternoon walk in the park, spend time with family and friends, and get a good night's sleep - personally, I know that some of my best work has happened away from the keyboard. Time to take a much deserved rest. It's Sunday afternoon already!

One short note about me: I have two small businesses that keep me as busy as two full time jobs. It just so happened that this release happened on a weekend, and a weekend basically dedicated to R&R where I had some 'extra' time to dedicate to this. Thursday was also a holiday, so Friday was half gas for me as well. I usually don't have this kind of time to dedicate to this type of activity, but, as I've said, as luck would have it, in this case I did, and that being coupled with this launch being of exceptional interest to me . . . well, I'm sure you get the idea, and that you won't be expecting to see much of me throughout the coming week. My nick over at Diamond is DMDer, and if you plan on getting active in this community, you'll probably end up seeing more of me over there than here, so get on over there and reserve your nick while it's still time!!! Wink

zuper

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:44:25 PM

Sorry but no luck with source code.

Code:
obj/db.o: In function `HashGroestl<char*>':
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/hash.h:23: undefined reference to `sph_groestl512_init'
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/hash.h:24: undefined reference to `sph_groestl512'
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/hash.h:25: undefined reference to `sph_groestl512_close'
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/hash.h:27: undefined reference to `sph_groestl512_init'
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/hash.h:28: undefined reference to `sph_groestl512'
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/hash.h:29: undefined reference to `sph_groestl512_close'
obj/main.o: In function `BitcoinMiner(CWallet*, bool)':
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/main.cpp:4550: undefined reference to `scrypt_1024_1_1_256_sp_generic(char const*, char*, char*)'
obj/main.o: In function `uint256 HashGroestl<char*>(char*, char*)':
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/hash.h:23: undefined reference to `sph_groestl512_init'
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/hash.h:25: undefined reference to `sph_groestl512_close'
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/hash.h:27: undefined reference to `sph_groestl512_init'
/dmd2/Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/hash.h:29: undefined reference to `sph_groestl512_close'
obj/wallet.o: In function `HashGroestl<char*>':
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [diamondd] Error 1

Any help please?

If you are compiling the daemon, change a line in the makefile.unix file:

change:

obj/groestl.o \

for:

hash/groestl.o \

EDIT:  ...and add:

obj/hash.o \

EDIT2:   In the latest version, Dev removed the "src/hash" directory, and moved groestl files in the main src directory,   Angry

Still add the hash.o above, and rename the directory "obj-test" to "obj" 

Thank you! So, devs should note all these issues and release a new stable wallet version.
AmpedGoose

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:50:26 PM

It just does not frickin work and I'd at least like to try my luck until the damn pools work again.

etc.

Please?

diamond.conf is the proper name

diamond.conf belongs in your C:/Users/<YourUserName>/Appdata/Roaming/Diamond

the diamond.conf file should be made/saved with Notepad, not Wordpad or Word.
2tights

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 04:08:13 PM

quote author=AmpedGoose link=topic=580725.msg6541565#msg6541565 date=1399218626]

etc.

Please?

diamond.conf is the proper name

diamond.conf belongs in your C:/Users/<YourUserName>/Appdata/Roaming/Diamond

the diamond.conf file should be made/saved with Notepad, not Wordpad or Word.
[/quote]

I assume you're windows? To locate your appdata folder, use this string: %appdata%

Type that in a command prompt or the "run" command.. This will show you where your appdata resides.

Once there, its self explanatory: "diamond" folder is your DMD folder. This is the folder you place your diamond.conf in. Be sure you have configured the folder view to show file extensions. If the file is named diamond.conf.txt that's not good.
WayForward

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:09:10 PM

etc.

Please?

Honestly, if you know how to do it for one coin its exactly the same.

If you dont know what to call the conf file do this;

1. Find the exe to start the wallet - create a shortcut of it, right click it, hit proprties and at the end of the TARGET line type --server
2. Run it.
3. You will get an error that it cant find a conf file (the propername) and give you the correct location. - hit ok to close that. But remember the details filename and location.

Creating the Conf file;

1. Hit run and type %appdata%  (tip save this as a shortcut on your desk top for easy access)
2. Find the correct wallet name/coin whatever and double click it.
3. Create a new text document there and open it up.

After a while these details are the norm and will follow you;

rpcuser= james
rpcpassword= dean
rpcallowip=*   (any IP address you specify for it in the bat file will be fine)
daemon=1
server=1
listen-1
gen=0
rpcport=17772  (Most coins will give you this, but you can make your own up, use the coin one if listed.)

You might have to add some nodes
addnode=  and there will be some IP addresses

4. Save it as the filename.conf it requires
5. Open your --server shortcut and see if it opens and syncs, if it does well done
6. Now run the bat file to start the solomining

My current diamond bat file;

sgminer -k groestlcoin -o http://127.0.0.1/17772 -u james -p dean

Of course I have all my card settings removed as thats indivdual for each person.
This way has worked for everycoin I solo mine - and I prefer solo mining.  Some do fail and I give up and move on, but not all.

Good luck and let us know how you go.
2tights

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 04:21:27 PM

At the current difficulty (40), miners should expect about 3 - 4 DMD per day, for every 10 MH of rigs they have.

WayForward

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:22:10 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 04:40:14 PM by WayForward

This needs a relaunch, IMHO

All you can do is solo mine, I have been solo mining for a few days now with all these wallet issues.  I have a decent amount.

The problem is there are no pools, so if you are able to solo mine and it isnt that hard, but the wallet has been an issue for most people that have all missed out and now the difficulty is just too insane for small miners.

As I said, i been solo mining for a few days and have a decent amount but feel like Ive cheated whilst people waited for a new wallet and didnt keep pushing their existing wallets to open to sync then mine.  Lord knows it took me at least half a day to get the wallet to work/sync then mine.  Reboot machine and having to reconfigure the fickle wallet back up to solo mine.

Thats just my thoughts on the matter.  Not trolling, or attacking anyone.

Unless someone has a working DMD pool ?

WayForward, can you give us a number of coins mined per 1Mh/s every hour?

TIA

Honestly I couldnt tell you, but since their first wallet release till about a day ago with this algo change I manage to mine close too 1000.  I realize there was lack of competition early on and people didnt like the wallet that kep crashing and gave up till it was fixed a few days later...which is my point people waited, when they didnt really need too.

I didnt completly dedicate my rigs to it 24/7 but I threw 15m/h at it.  Ive since stopped to try and let others get in and get some coins since there is no other way for them to get some.  That is the only reason why i felt it was wise to relaunch.  Otherwise its getting back to the stage where dmds are now rare again.

Anyway good luck, ill check back in from time to time.
popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 04:40:54 PM

Thank you! So, devs should note all these issues and release a new stable wallet version.

The linux version is stable you just didn't know how to compile it.

.obj files are compiled files and as such should not be included in Github

We've taken note of it and these are the instructions:

Update ubuntu
    sudo apt-get update
*install git to download the source code
    sudo apt-get install git
*install the other necessary components
    sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost1.48-all-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++-dev
*navigate to the home directory
    cd ~ *download the diamond source code
    git clone https://github.com/DMDcoin/Diamond-Coin-2.0.1.git
*navigate to the downloaded files
    cd ~ *navigate to the src file in the source code
    cd diamond/src
*create obj folder
    mkdir obj
*build diamondd !This will take a while!
    make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

Git Readme.md updated so every one is informed now.

2tights

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 05:02:30 PM

At the current difficulty (40), miners should expect about 3 - 4 DMD per day, for every 10 MH of rigs they have.

The diff is still more stable than Groestlcoin (GRS)...  according to my calculations, anything below diff 60 is still more profitable than switching to GRS, at the current DMD price.

What is your trading strategy? diverse and hodl or move all to BTC?
popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 05:12:52 PM

Thanks popshot! 

But also note that the line
Code:
obj/hash.o \
is also missing from the current makefile.unix file.

Fix 'makefile linux' applied.

Thanks for reporting it Smiley

zuper

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:21:09 PM

I think that you should sticky the following FAQs:

1) How can i mine?
2) I use cgminer. Can i mine DMD using it?
3) How can i start the miner? What settings should i use?

Except from FAQs, i need answers for the questions above. Smiley
Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: