Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260264 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:26:03 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 05:38:16 PM by HR

This needs a relaunch, IMHO

All you can do is solo mine, I have been solo mining for a few days now with all these wallet issues.  I have a decent amount.

The problem is there are no pools, so if you are able to solo mine and it isnt that hard, but the wallet has been an issue for most people that have all missed out and now the difficulty is just too insane for small miners.

As I said, i been solo mining for a few days and have a decent amount but feel like Ive cheated whilst people waited for a new wallet and didnt keep pushing their existing wallets to open to sync then mine.  Lord knows it took me at least half a day to get the wallet to work/sync then mine.  Reboot machine and having to reconfigure the fickle wallet back up to solo mine.

Thats just my thoughts on the matter.  Not trolling, or attacking anyone.

Unless someone has a working DMD pool ?

WayForward, can you give us a number of coins mined per 1Mh/s every hour?

TIA

Honestly I couldnt tell you, but since their first wallet release till about a day ago with this algo change I manage to mine close too 1000.  I realize there was lack of competition early on and people didnt like the wallet that kep crashing and gave up till it was fixed a few days later...which is my point people waited, when they didnt really need too.

I didnt completly dedicate my rigs to it 24/7 but I threw 15m/h at it.  Ive since stopped to try and let others get in and get some coins since there is no other way for them to get some.  That is the only reason why i felt it was wise to relaunch.  Otherwise its getting back to the stage where dmds are now rare again.

Anyway good luck, ill check back in from time to time.

By my calculations (using old data and estimates now since the current block count of 163298 is obviously incorrect http://dmdchain.cyber.si/ ) you took down about a third of what has been mined (theoretically) from 386228 to date. Pretty damned good profitability if I don't say so myself. You were on top of things and got lucky - right place at the right time. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy - anyone willing to be this honest has got to be considered a good person. It is what it is. You're right, a relaunch would be best, in a perfect world, but this ain't a perfect world and I don't think it's going to happen. Glad to know that someone who deserves them got them though.

For the rest of us, GRS has kept us in the game in the meantime. I don't feel like I have lost out, but you are right, it wasn't fair.

That having been said, and knowing what we know (current block count of 163298 being the latest), I think a mining shutdown (not testing, just mining) as of now would be the most appropriate thing to do.

Time to take a time out.

Add: If what I'm seeing on this block crawler reflects anything remotely close to what's happening in real time, then this would be one of the best definitions of madness that any of us will ever see.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 05:45:00 PM

What is your trading strategy? diverse and hodl or move all to BTC?

I don't day trade - only mine for long term gains.  I keep track of my daily minings, and their fair market values, in both BTC and $$ (IRS rules, no choice, those are taxable revenues).  I mine only well supported coins (Devteam) - no copycats, only original new functions - no fabs (Country coins, Colored coins, etc). Coins with low energy consumption algo is a big plus.  I never convert to BTC unless the price per BTC is at least 5 to 6 times what a coin was mined at - with your daily log, it is easy to spot. Diamond never reached that level yet, close, but not yet. So I am patiently waiting for the right moment.  

Then, wait for the next anticipated huge rise of $$$/BTC, to sell to $$.  BTC major price increase have been historically every 7 - 8 months.  We should be close to the next jump up.

EDIT:  BTC and alt-coins price increases are like earthquakes: long periods of waiting, and then - boom!

Thanks for sharing
m5j0r

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:49:02 PM

[...]
Of course I have all my card settings removed as thats indivdual for each person.
This way has worked for everycoin I solo mine - and I prefer solo mining.  Some do fail and I give up and move on, but not all.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Thank you for that helpful response!!
I thought the server=1 line in the conf was enough - I didn't append the -server to the shortcut.
Now I get this message though:

The file exists in the folder and looks like that:
Code:
rpcuser=somesecretuser
rpcpassword=themegaultranooneknowpassword
rpcport=17772
addnode=213.229.0.41
addnode=193.77.159.166
addnode=113.168.158.16
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcallowip=*
gen=0
Do you see anything obvious that I can't find right now?
Atrides

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 05:49:07 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 01:21:10 PM by Atrides

Beta Test
Currently only FR server

DwarfPool

- Anonymous pool, no registration required

- Autopayouts from 0.01 DMD Coin once an hour

- True round based PPS (proportional your shares), 2% fee

- No transaction fee

- DDoS protection by different providers

- Free choice of 3 server locations worldwide

- Separate workers with the same wallet-id for detailed per rig statistics (will be available soon)

- Monitoring of every rig via email

- Maxmimum transparency, no stealing shares and no hidden fees!

- Greatly optimized stratum pool engine

- Works with all known GPU and CPU miners

- Stratum protocol: 3349

- Support in english, pyccкий, deutsch

Servers:
erebor.dwarfpool.com (France)
moria.dwarfpool.com (USA available shortly)
eredluin.dwarfpool.com (Japan available shortly)

http://dwarfpool.com/dmd

DwarfPool Quality you can trust!

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
AmpedGoose

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:02:18 PM

[...]
Of course I have all my card settings removed as thats indivdual for each person.
This way has worked for everycoin I solo mine - and I prefer solo mining.  Some do fail and I give up and move on, but not all.

I thought the server=1 line in the conf was enough - I didn't append the -server to the shortcut.
https://i.imgur.com/dQOBNP7.png
Code:
rpcuser=somesecretuser
rpcport=17772
addnode=213.229.0.41
addnode=193.77.159.166
addnode=113.168.158.16
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcallowip=*
gen=0

add this line:

addnode=193.68.21.19

right above the addnode entries you already have. I believe that's the 'permanent' node that was set up recently.
I didn't have to use the -server switch on the shortcut (try removing it now, see how it goes..).
I also don't have 'gen=0' in my diamond.conf and it works ok, so maybe try removing that too, to see what result you get.
Other than that, it looks identical to the conf i'm using.

WayForward

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:08:00 PM

[...]

Code:
rpcuser=somesecretuser
rpcport=17772
addnode=213.229.0.41
addnode=193.77.159.166
addnode=113.168.158.16
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcallowip=*
gen=0

Yes in your screenshot of the error I see 1 -

You need 2 -- before server --server. So chuck it on the end of the exe. Should be fine then.

Honestly I am not sure if server=1 does the same thing, I could look into it but alas it just works.  If it works like most switches then yeah probably wouldnt need --server.  BTW this isnt the only way to do it, it is longish but the basics are there, you can make bat files that does it all without needing a shortcut and --server. Just if you get errors at least you know where to look.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:11:40 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 06:59:52 PM by HR

HR, please give it a rest, will you?

The chain stopped at 386228 BTW. When the new algo was put in place, it quickly build a diff, with only few miners, but very similar to the diff seen in March and April.  

DMD diff (and price) went up 4x starting on April 21st, when rumors started to emerged that DMD was about to change algo.  When the chain stops accidentally on April 30th, the dev-team was forced to come up with the new version as soon as possible.

There is nothing unfair about the restart of the coins.  The fact that you may not had the skills, or experience to mine when the dev team announced the re-launch is your problem, not a fairness problem.  Mining solo skills can be acquired, simply by doing some googling.  Regarding the crashes, being in IT, you could have switched easily to Linux and start mining like many others did.  Once the problematic leveldb directory was changed, mining was easy. (I just copied and pasted a leveldb directory from another working coin and it fixed the compiling and crash problems).  Or compile your own Windows version for that matter.

Anyways, DMD is mining well now, and pools will come for those who don't want to google and learn how to mine solo.  GRS is also another good coin, it depends who you want to support.  Even DMD team recommended everyone to start mining GRS while they were fixing the code... so that miners could gain the experience with Groestl algo.

Have you read somewhere where I asked how to solo mine? Have you read somewhere where I complained about missing out? I think not. I think the answer is the complete opposite, that is if you had read.

If you had read, you'd have certainly come to the conclusion that I am defending the community as a whole, and openly questioning and troubleshooting some of the issues. But I've said all that, and anyone with a half a brain who has read already knows where I'm coming from and what I'm about.

It's quite offensive to hear such a condescending, pedantic, and unjustifiable rant. You really should find some manners, at very least, and then you might start working on basic logical reasoning.

popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 06:12:47 PM

Add: If what I'm seeing on this block crawler reflects anything remotely close to what's happening in real time, then this would be one of the best definitions of madness that any of us will ever see.

No it's the database that's being rebuilt. It just means that we are half way with downloading block chain. It has been said that block exlprer is off for maintenance Wink

No worries we are all sane Wink

WayForward

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:15:13 PM

I think that you should sticky the following FAQs:

1) How can i mine?
2) I use cgminer. Can i mine DMD using it?
3) How can i start the miner? What settings should i use?

Except from FAQs, i need answers for the questions above. Smiley
Thanks

Good questions!  While the dev-team rest from their wonderful work over the last few days, may I suggest you consult http://www.groestlcoin.org/pools/.  The link will answer 95% of your questions - if not all!

Mining configs:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hTOUdJZrKqrNDXTIbXgNvJtj_fnpECREcs-eHxaGrZc/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Thanks!
I use: sgminer -k groestlcoin -o stratum+tcp://dmdpool.digsys.bg:3333 -u chr.1 -p x
but still have problem (no shares):

Quick question why arent you using
;

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

Just did a little test, removed it and put it back on and it made things more stable in regards to the actual speed and avg speed. Probably wont matter too much to be honest.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:22:12 PM

No it's the database that's being rebuilt. It just means that we are half way with downloading block chain. It has been said that block exlprer is off for maintenance Wink

No worries we are all sane Wink

That's a relief. Yes I do remember reading that, and now I'm reminding myself about how long it takes.  Embarrassed

And that's a clear message that I need to take a break.  Cheesy

Good luck, keep your sanity, and all my best.

m5j0r

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:26:34 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 07:05:04 PM by m5j0r

@AmpedGoose + @WayForward
Again, thanks for helping.
I tried this Diamond.conf now
Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=17772
addnode=213.229.0.41
addnode=193.77.159.166
addnode=113.168.158.16
addnode=193.68.21.19
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcallowip=*
The shortcut is as follows:
[some path]\DMD\diamond-qt_V2.0\diamond-qt.exe --server -datadir=[some path]\DMD\dmd-data

The error message always only shows one "-" regardless of what you enter.

So I'm out of ideas again :/ I also tried moving it to the SSD for a quick test (without the datadir) but it yields the same results. It always bring up that error.

edit: it might be linked to this problem: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/241
seriously, we don't need 100000 different coins, we need a GOOD wallet first. and a fix for the blockchain getting huge issue. and fix tons of other issues. THIS is the single biggest reason why cryptocurrencies are geek only so far.
anyways I can't seem to find a solution so suggestions are very welcome

edit2: ok now I tried every single fucking thing. the god damn file does exist. but it doesn't work. the original bitcoin wallet evolved - a tiny bit. why can't you also base the DMD wallet on the updated bitcoin one?
Atrides

Activity: 658

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 06:50:52 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 07:02:38 PM by Atrides

DwarfPool currently stopped. We have found one block, but wallet has it rejected.
And yes, I have implemented dev-fee to coinbase.

Code:
05/04/14 18:48:02 ThreadRPCServer method=submitblock
05/04/14 18:48:02 pindexBest = 372849pindexBest = 372849ERROR: CheckBlock() : hashMerkleRoot mismatch
05/04/14 18:48:02 ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED

My patch to coinbasetx.py in POS-section:
Code:
        #Dev donation
        tx_out_dev = halfnode.CTxOut()
        tx_out_dev.nValue = 0.05
        tx_out_dev.scriptPubKey = b'\x76\xa9\x14' + util.b58decode("dZi9hpA5nBC6tSAbPSsiMjb6HeQTprcWHz", 25)[1:-4] + b'\x88\xac'

tx_out = halfnode.CTxOut()
        tx_out.nValue = value
        tx_out.scriptPubKey = coinbaser.get_script_pubkey()

self.nTime = ntime
        if settings.COINDAEMON_TX_MSG == 'yes':
            self.strTxComment = settings.Tx_Message
        self.vin.append(tx_in)
        self.vout.append(tx_out_dev)
        self.vout.append(tx_out)

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
m5j0r

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:09:47 PM

@DrReaper:
well then be happy that you're lucky
some bugs are just ridiculous. as if noone tested this at all.

I finally got solo mining to work - it doesnt like notepad++. you need to use standard notepad.exe
thank you guys in here for the help! please pin this somewhere so people see

difficulty is way too high now though. and I can't check if the wallet accepts eventually found blocks at all. but it looks like it's mining.
zuper

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:31:46 PM

Quick question why arent you using
;

Just did a little test, removed it and put it back on and it made things more stable in regards to the actual speed and avg speed. Probably wont matter too much to be honest.

Thank you! I tried it but still no shares!
Here is my new config:

Code:
cd sgminer
sgminer.exe -k groestlcoin -o stratum+tcp://dmdpool.digsys.bg:3333 -u chr.1 -p x
pause
AmpedGoose

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:31:50 PM

@DrReaper:
well then be happy that you're lucky
some bugs are just ridiculous. as if noone tested this at all.

I finally got solo mining to work - it doesnt like notepad++. you need to use standard notepad.exe
thank you guys in here for the help! please pin this somewhere so people see

difficulty is way too high now though. and I can't check if the wallet accepts eventually found blocks at all. but it looks like it's mining.

GJ m5j0r. Tech things can be very fussy. One wrong ',' here or '.' there, or file named not exactly perfect, or location wrong, etc etc....any little thing off, and nothing works. Like HR, I'm involved with IT, and have run into simple things not working a gazillion times, and often the answers are just subtle changes. But until you find the problem it can be very frustrating. (Just imagine how the devs feel right now trying to find/fix some last bugs....)

If you can see your hashrate, you're mining. You won't see any accepts, except for when you find a block (then you see accepts for the block). And if you're hashing, your wallet should accept blocks fine. The fact that you're hashing shows that your miner has contact to the wallet, and the wallet to the network. You should be good! (other than possibly optimizing your rig for the new algo, which I'm still trying to learn myself)
m5j0r

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:02:06 PM

GJ m5j0r. Tech things can be very fussy. One wrong ',' here or '.' there, or file named not exactly perfect, or location wrong, etc etc....any little thing off, and nothing works. Like HR, I'm involved with IT, and have run into simple things not working a gazillion times, and often the answers are just subtle changes. But until you find the problem it can be very frustrating. (Just imagine how the devs feel right now trying to find/fix some last bugs....)

If you can see your hashrate, you're mining. You won't see any accepts, except for when you find a block (then you see accepts for the block). And if you're hashing, your wallet should accept blocks fine. The fact that you're hashing shows that your miner has contact to the wallet, and the wallet to the network. You should be good! (other than possibly optimizing your rig for the new algo, which I'm still trying to learn myself)
I used to be a little bit in IT as well, I know the pain Smiley (not beyond basic dev tho). It just seems weird to see cryptocurrencies gaining more and more popularity but the core wallets still being a mess. It's the first thing a user needs to deal with and it's gonna leave a lasting impression. The wallets should all be portable and include a all-in-one GUI for everyone to use without the need to trial and error everything.
Right now all the alt coins only change the logo and the name. Most don't even bother to change the "about" dialog...
DOGE etc. change colors too lol.
DMD seems to be actively developed unlike others, that's why I stick to it for now.

general feature request (if the devs even read this single post):
-real anonymity: first one to pull this off is my personal hero and will help cryptos A LOT
-solving the blockchain problem: decrease the size to less than 50mb WITHOUT sacrificing security. there are a few concepts out there that might work. (WITHOUT centralization) someone just needs to start =D

I got another question now: Can YAM also be used for DMD soloing? Google says no.. but maybe someone here knows better.
Read that it's way faster.

As soon as the pools are up and working YAM is going to be my choice anyway I suppose.
m5j0r

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:39:18 PM

That sounds interesting, thanks!
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:19:21 PM

New Pool up for testing. i can guarantee we'll get this fixed Smiley

dmd.cryptopools.com

danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:31:58 PM

New Pool up for testing. i can guarantee we'll get this fixed Smiley

dmd.cryptopools.com

I only hope you will publish your stratum server mods, as NOMP is still too much a moving target Smiley

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:33:40 PM

aha well that is the 100$ question Tongue

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: