Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:56:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 [1847] 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667041 times)
okane818
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:17:18 PM

Monero solid market. THanks to Monero, I got some profits.

Best regards

Okane Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jemura

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:23:25 PM

Monero is the best currency for a dark web market

sneakyraccoon

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:26:18 PM

is there a specific reason why XMR is skyrocketing right now?
i support XMR through mining for 6 months now, glad that it finally is appreciated the way it should be but why now?  Grin

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:36:28 PM

Okay, trying to catch up to the latest transfer changes here. The command for transfering is the following:

transfer [<priority>] [<ring_size>] <address> <amount> [<payment_id>]

1. What is the lowest priority? I read somewhere that 0 means normal (aka 4x) and 1 is unimportant (x1). is that correct?
2. How much is 1x? 1 times what?
3. Are zero fees not included?
4. I looked at a block explorer and there are many blocks smaller than 300 KB. Am I correct in my assumption that this means any transaction will be picked up by miners in such a block? (<300KB)
5. I remember there are restrictions added to ring_size. Is that true? Is there a minimum now?
6. How do you select again which inputs get used? (or predict which will if it's an automatic process)

Thanks!
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:22:45 PM

Okay, trying to catch up to the latest transfer changes here. The command for transfering is the following:

transfer [<priority>] [<ring_size>] <address> <amount> [<payment_id>]

1. What is the lowest priority? I read somewhere that 0 means normal (aka 4x) and 1 is unimportant (x1). is that correct?
2. How much is 1x? 1 times what?
3. Are zero fees not included?
4. I looked at a block explorer and there are many blocks smaller than 300 KB. Am I correct in my assumption that this means any transaction will be picked up by miners in such a block? (<300KB)
5. I remember there are restrictions added to ring_size. Is that true? Is there a minimum now?
6. How do you select again which inputs get used? (or predict which will if it's an automatic process)

Thanks!

1. "unimportant" is the lowest priority. You can make this default by typing "set priority 1".

2. It's related to the dynamic fee algorithm. See: https://getmonero.org/2017/12/11/A-note-on-fees.html

3. Zero fees are not possible with the default CLI/GUI wallet. However, fees are not enforced on a consensus level, i.e., you could theoretically tweak the code, compile it yourself, and broadcast a transaction with a fee lower than the unimportant level.

4. If the mempool is lower than 300 kB (and your transaction is in the mempool), the miner will include it in the next block.

5. Yes, 5 is the minimum. If you simply leave out the [<ring_size>] of your command, it'll use 5 as ring size. In other words, transfer <address> <amount> will use 5 as ring size.

6. As far as I know, you can't literally choose them yourself (you can choose a different amount to get different outputs though). However, you can use "set print-ring-members 1" and it'll show you which outputs the transaction will use. Furthermore, it'll warn you if you are trying to spend multiple outputs that are detrimental to privacy, i.e., outputs that came in the same transaction (for some reason) or two outputs from two transactions from the same block.

Hopefully this sufficiently answered your questions.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:24:17 PM
Merited by wachtwoord (20)

I've been exploring and trying to set up a node running in one of my local PCs (Windows 7) for the intent purpose of allowing Monerujo to connect to it as my private node instead of using one of the public nodes for obvious reasons.

These are my port forwards (DD-WRT router):

These are the args inserted in the monerod Shortcut Target:

~monerod.exe --rpc-bind-ip 0.0.0.0 --restricted-rpc --confirm-external-bind

I then used the following node address in Monerujo as my (private) node address:

EXT.WAN.IP.ADDRESS:18081

Unfortunately, Monerujo says: "Cannot reach node! Try again or another." Is there anything I missed in my setup? Since I'm definitely networking/CLI-challenged, I wouldn't be surprised.

I also tried it on a Windows 7 GUI wallet (netbook) for good measure but nothing happens when I click on "Connect":

That's the correct command / setup (though you might want to add the --rpc-login flag too to set a specific login + username). Can you check if your ports are properly opened / forwarded?

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:52:05 PM

Thanks dEBRUYNE! Smiley
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:02:08 PM

Monero Valuation Musings
By Izzy Otto  December 19, 2017

http://cryptoizzy.blogspot.de/2017/12/monero-valuation-musings.html
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:15:37 PM

Thanks dEBRUYNE! Smiley

You're welcome Smiley

OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:21:50 PM

Monero Valuation Musings
By Izzy Otto  December 19, 2017

http://cryptoizzy.blogspot.de/2017/12/monero-valuation-musings.html

big news hitting the wires could go to Bcash prices or DASH prices XMR is a better coin :-D hodl till. 05-.09 weeeeeeee

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xmr

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:28:05 PM

I've been exploring and trying to set up a node running in one of my local PCs (Windows 7) for the intent purpose of allowing Monerujo to connect to it as my private node instead of using one of the public nodes for obvious reasons.

These are my port forwards (DD-WRT router):

These are the args inserted in the monerod Shortcut Target:

~monerod.exe --rpc-bind-ip 0.0.0.0 --restricted-rpc --confirm-external-bind

I then used the following node address in Monerujo as my (private) node address:

EXT.WAN.IP.ADDRESS:18081

Unfortunately, Monerujo says: "Cannot reach node! Try again or another." Is there anything I missed in my setup? Since I'm definitely networking/CLI-challenged, I wouldn't be surprised.

I also tried it on a Windows 7 GUI wallet (netbook) for good measure but nothing happens when I click on "Connect":

That's the correct command / setup (though you might want to add the --rpc-login flag too to set a specific login + username). Can you check if your ports are properly opened / forwarded?

Thanks.

Per DD-WRT control panel, both ports have been opened/forwarded (applied changes and rebooted router). There are no related firewall events either each time I try to connect. I initially thought that it could be my VPN but sorta dismissed it as other remote mobile apps (i.e. TeamViewer, VNC, etc) have had no issues making their way to the same PC over VPN tunnels (both ends). My EXT.WAN.IP.ADDR as indicated by my router should be valid.

Re --rpc-login flag, does it make monerod require a username/password to be established upon launch and in turn be required when a remote device/app attempts to connect to the running daemon? Furthermore, is it a requirement to remotely connect to the daemon or just an option (existing public nodes don't require it)?  I see the Username/Password fields under "Login (optional)" in GUI Wallet Settings but no such option in Monerujo mobile wallet.

exciter.0

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:20:10 AM

Thanks.

Per DD-WRT control panel, both ports have been opened/forwarded (applied changes and rebooted router). There are no related firewall events either each time I try to connect. I initially thought that it could be my VPN but sorta dismissed it as other remote mobile apps (i.e. TeamViewer, VNC, etc) have had no issues making their way to the same PC over VPN tunnels (both ends). My EXT.WAN.IP.ADDR as indicated by my router should be valid.

Re --rpc-login flag, does it make monerod require a username/password to be established upon launch and in turn be required when a remote device/app attempts to connect to the running daemon? Furthermore, is it a requirement to remotely connect to the daemon or just an option (existing public nodes don't require it)?  I see the Username/Password fields under "Login (optional)" in GUI Wallet Settings but no such option in Monerujo mobile wallet.

In Monerujo, you can include the login in the node line:  user:password@ip_addr:port

Perhaps your issue is due to the fact dd-wrt doesn't support hairpin routing?
https://superuser.com/questions/418928/dd-wrt-port-not-fowarding-when-connecting-with-public-ip-from-lan

Someone suggested try connecting to the internal LAN IP, was that successful?

alexeyneu

Activity: 312
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:51:45 PM

But jokes aside. I don't think a team who is not competent enough to write a simple GUI interface for a coin that's 3 years old and market 1.5 billion - are competent enough to write code that claims to be untracebale and securea and all that they claim... I'm not buying it. I have 5 wallets running on my system - monero wallet is the weirdest sh*t I've seen so far.. it's like a buying a car that you would have to push everywhere yourself... lol
they'd pay 6k bucks for this thing and looks like out of gas after that.
https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/pull/1025

view key:
ac5bfc40151557e9796f8237dfedb1ed1a9c3426e647be56beb495c91d99e80f
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:36:40 PM

In Monerujo, you can include the login in the node line:  user:password@ip_addr:port

https://superuser.com/questions/418928/dd-wrt-port-not-fowarding-when-connecting-with-public-ip-from-lan

Thanks for the lead. However, the topic on your link is about being able to connect to a server via the public/exterior address of a DD-WRT router from within the same LAN, I think. I assume that's what "hairpin roiuting" means; a 180° turn right back to the same LAN. It's not what I am after. I would be at home in such a scenario and wouldn't be needing a mobile wallet to transact; I'd just fire up a GUI Wallet on one of my PCs.

What I need is to finally be able to transact while out and about and on the go (outside of my LAN) with unfortunately the only viable XMR mobile wallet app so far (Monerujo) without having to use public nodes (moneroworld, etc.) but my own private node running at home through the public/external IP address of my DD-WRT router. So far, no success in spite of doing it by the book and also trying different sets of port forwarding parameters (good o'l trial & error bit), hoping I would hit one of them and finally able to connect.

niknik1966

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:54:12 PM

Monero is now also acting as bitcoin. Bitcoin falls and monero, too, but for a smaller percentage. I wonder what his prediction is in the new year?

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀

SECURITY DECENTRALIZED

liveflipcoin

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:16:06 PM

Monero is now also acting as bitcoin. Bitcoin falls and monero, too, but for a smaller percentage. I wonder what his prediction is in the new year?

Yes, I have been noticing that also. Instead of BTC/Altcoin, I’m seeing a lot of XMR/Altcoin. It’s going to take over Bitcoin.
OWZ1337

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:55:17 PM

Thanks for the lead. However, the topic on your link is about being able to connect to a server via the public/exterior address of a DD-WRT router from within the same LAN, I think. I assume that's what "hairpin roiuting" means; a 180° turn right back to the same LAN. It's not what I am after. I would be at home in such a scenario and wouldn't be needing a mobile wallet to transact; I'd just fire up a GUI Wallet on one of my PCs.

What I need is to finally be able to transact while out and about and on the go (outside of my LAN) with unfortunately the only viable XMR mobile wallet app so far (Monerujo) without having to use public nodes (moneroworld, etc.) but my own private node running at home through the public/external IP address of my DD-WRT router. So far, no success in spite of doing it by the book and also trying different sets of port forwarding parameters (good o'l trial & error bit), hoping I would hit one of them and finally able to connect.

BCN is only 100 satoshi and does the same thing as XMR i'm not understanding the price disparagement :\ whateverrrrrr bytecoin was first<<<<

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_bcn

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:07:07 PM

Wrong quote there, bud.

Gyro

Activity: 177

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:12:48 PM

BCN is only 100 satoshi and does the same thing as XMR i'm not understanding the price disparagement :\ whateverrrrrr bytecoin was first<<<<

Bytecoin had a yuge premine. We are supposed to beleive that bytecoin went unnoticed for a couple of years while it was being mined on the dark webz. haha.. yeah.. the premine was like 60% or more. that's why Monero took over. Code was good, devs were shady as fuck.
OWZ1337

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:32:56 PM

In Monerujo, you can include the login in the node line:   user:password@ip_addr:port

Bytecoin had a yuge premine. We are supposed to beleive that bytecoin went unnoticed for a couple of years while it was being mined on the dark webz. haha.. yeah.. the premine was like 60% or more. that's why Monero took over. Code was good, devs were shady as fuck.

BYTECOIN is the RE4L MONERO :-D WEEEEEE

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Shocked Shocked Shocked

bcn(monero fork)===> its flying wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pages: « 1 ... 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 [1847] 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: