Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:49:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 [1853] 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
takamouri

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:38:17 AM

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F1x2kOsO.jpg&t=584&c=u3luZZpgdotMFQ

MONERO.ONL | GETMONERO.ONL | XMR.ONL
BITCOINCASH.ONL | BCH.ONL | BITCOINGOLD.ONL

With Monero.How getting sold for a whooping price of $43,600 yesterday, I decided to put up my beloved Monero, BitcoinCash and BitcoinGold domains for sale here. They are perfect for cloud mining purposes. Most of them are on the ONL TLD. I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on these domains. Also, if you are interested in acquiring any of them, feel free to reply or PM me with your offers.

THE .ONL DOMAIN

.ONL provides limitless access to everything online. It's the natural domain for all of your online activities, whether it's growing your business, building a community, or creating a space that is all about you. .ONL is the affordable, accessible, and easy-to-remember top level domain.

Universal
.ONL is made for the internet. Not only is it used everywhere from web lingo to texting, it's also the official abbreviation for “online" (see Wikipedia). More importantly, it's search engine-compatible. Engines like Google automatically interpret .ONL as "online" and show you relevant search results. It couldn't be easier!

Memorable
The .ONL namespace is a completely new territory, and there's nothing else quite like it. The term "online" is a simple, well known, and powerful way to make your content stand out. Everyone will understand it's meaning and the word "online” is one of the most-used search terms on the internet.

Personal
.ONL domains provide you with an unprecedented opportunity to communicate online with web-users from around the world. They are completely versatile—a perfect fit for any content you can imagine, from photos and videos to commercial websites and shops.

Secure
Thanks to our first-class security standards, .ONL domains provide comprehensive protection from unauthorized access by third parties. As an additional measure, you may choose to employ an independent trustee as the administrator of your .ONL domain to ensure the very best protection of your private affairs.

RECENT MONERO.HOW SALE

SALE INFORMATION

I will push a domain to your Papaki or GoDaddy account. You can create a Papaki.com or a GoDaddy account for free in just minutes!
Please reply with your offers or message me.
Escrow accepted. Buyer pays escrow fees.

ALSO FOR SALE OR DEVELOPMENT

HeroesCoin.com
BlockchainFinance.org
BlockchainFinance.co.uk
BlockchainPolitics.org
BlockchainRoulette.com
BlochchainEmbassy.org
BlockchainDragon.com
BlockchainRoulette.com
BlockchainPatents.org
BlockchainLottery.net
BlockchainLottery.org
BlockchainWord.com .net .info .eu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:44:57 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 12:12:31 AM by explorer

Coinsquare.io  is adding Monero.  A Canadian fiat pairing. Finally. (GBP, Euro, USD, Au & Ag as well, looks like)

https://www.help.coinsquare.io/knowledgebase/supported-currencies/

Trading fees look to be in line with the usual suspects, plus an OTC facilitation.

Add:

Fiat withdrawal fees are high.  Even with their 'Diamond service' ($100k + executions) the fees are more than 2.5x what bitstamp charges, and QuadrigaCX is free.

Not sure paying them up to $1000's (0.25% - 0.5%) to send me a wire transfer is as good a deal as they claim, especially if you're going to take a hit on slippage just to get that fiat  Undecided

Bitstamp needs to add Monero already.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:23:04 AM

Hi there,

I'm putting together an evaluation matrix of all notable Anonymous/Private cryptocurrencies, and could use your help clarifyiing Monero.    Feedback including reference to something official (website, whitepaper etc) or Dev comments (or devs themselves) would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2669844.0

Don't take anyone's word, especially Random Devs or fanbois of any camp, verify everything from the reference links. And if there is no proof then it doesn't exist. I would add a column for scammy starts like hidden premines, instamine, ninjamines or whatever else they are calling them now.

I don't like the Security column at all, POW is the most secure period and your chart makes it look like the others have added security which is false. AFA Quantum resistance there is no algorithms that can be proven to be secure from QC. It should be assumed all current crypto will be broken with a large enough Q-bit system. anyway thats my take on your chart from a cursory glance.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:24:06 AM

Sarang Noether Provides Decemeber Update On Monero

https://www.cryptocurrencyfreak.com/2017/12/29/sarang-noether-provides-decemeber-update-monero/

The latest update from Sarang Noether is out and its full of interesting information on Bulletproofs, Multisig and discusses whether or not zk-SNARKs would benefit Monero. Read the entire post below or at the Monero forums.

Hello there! Sarang Noether here with my monthly report for December. I’m pleased to report good progress on several important projects, and want to start by thanking the Monero community for your support.

The primary task this month has been a continuation of Bulletproofs. As you’ve probably read elsewhere (like this blog post), range proofs are an important component of Monero’s confidential transactions that allow us to keep amounts secret. Bulletproofs are a replacement for our existing range proofs that used Borromean ring signatures and took up a substantial amount of space on the blockchain. I used the recent Bulletproof white paper to work up Java code, perform testing on correctness and efficiency, and work with moneromooo to get the test code ported for eventual inclusion into the Monero codebase. Single-output Bulletproofs are currently undergoing testing on testnet and will be included in a future release when ready. Multi-output Bulletproofs, which offer even more space savings that scale to larger transactions, are being tested separately since they necessitate a change to the way we handle fee scaling in order to avoid denial-of-service attacks from transaction packing. Releasing Bulletproofs in stages will provide an immediate reduction in transaction size and continue to offer further benefits once the rollout is complete.........

Thanks a Ton, Reading now but got to this and it makes me quite concerned.

SPECTRE’s underlying model falls into the category of partial synchronous networks: its
security  depends  on  the  existence  of  some  bound  on  the  delivery  time  of  messages  between honest participants

I don't like anything that is not trustless nor do I trust encapsulated Israeli security researchers.

Sarang seems to talk pretty fast and loose about changing underlying protocols with off the comments like this.

I wouldn't read too much into exploratory research.

Because it uses a more complex consensus algorithm than the Nakamoto longest-chain consensus method, there is a lot of testing and analysis that needs to be done. The benefits, however, are intriguing: an implementation could increase the block rate substantially without compromising the security of the network.

I See compromising security written all over that quote I placed above. I'm starting to think this project needs a chief Security Officer. These are the exact actions that a three letter agency would be doing to place compromised positions in the codebase.

I (also) see compromising security in "a more complex consensus algorithm". A Chief Security Officer is not really the solution. How do you know such a person isn't compromised, or such a hire used to inject a rat into the project. The best approach IMO is to continue with transparency and wide participation.

I would also like to know why we should care about ZK-Snarks when ZK-Starks which from what I understand is already Trustless is available.

ZK-Starks are resource-impractical at this time. Something like a megabyte per transaction.

All of these are directions to explore for the future.

pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:09:50 PM

SPECTRE’s underlying model falls into the category of partial synchronous networks: its
security  depends  on  the  existence  of  some  bound  on  the  delivery  time  of  messages  between honest participants

I don't like anything that is not trustless nor do I trust encapsulated Israeli security researchers.

Sarang seems to talk pretty fast and loose about changing underlying protocols with off the comments like this.

Thats right. Monero has to stay decentralized and trustles. If Fluffy disagree I will blackmail him by threaten to establish some trusted food supply system.
Rokidjinn

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:42:54 PM

Hi there,

I'm putting together an evaluation matrix of all notable Anonymous/Private cryptocurrencies, and could use your help clarifyiing Monero.    Feedback including reference to something official (website, whitepaper etc) or Dev comments (or devs themselves) would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FAHuCzTV.png&t=584&c=IWxEgH3WCBa33w

Hi

The table does not reflect Bytecoin accurately, other than the fact it was the first Cryptonote which Monero forked from. Transaction privacy is protected by secure cryptographic algorithms. whereby no one can identify who sent the money, who the receiver was, and what amount of money was transferred. It utilises all the methods in your table: https://wiki.bytecoin.org/wiki/Main_Page

Monero is inflationary and is already vulnerable to intense network shocks which could lead to an economic crash. BCN is close to its emission limit and priced at $0.006 - This is the time to pull out of XMR while the going is good and reinvest into its ancestor: Bytecoin precisely when the market supply will restrict "dumping" of coins. 
pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:37:05 PM

Does Fluffy talk here about to implement lightning network for Monero? If so, how is the project progressing?

Yes - that’s why we’re both working to get Lightning 100% working on both Monero and Litecoin
https://twitter.com/fluffypony/status/913667796025921536

It is not on the roadmap.
https://getmonero.org/resources/roadmap/
ui_zakharchenko

Activity: 518
Merit: 325

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:28:01 PM

In future it's going to grow alot. Most stable with maximum privacy among all the cryptos. I'm backing it and gonna HODL it !
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:26:22 PM

Hi there,

I'm putting together an evaluation matrix of all notable Anonymous/Private cryptocurrencies, and could use your help clarifyiing Monero.    Feedback including reference to something official (website, whitepaper etc) or Dev comments (or devs themselves) would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi

The table does not reflect Bytecoin accurately, other than the fact it was the first Cryptonote which Monero forked from. Transaction privacy is protected by secure cryptographic algorithms. whereby no one can identify who sent the money, who the receiver was, and what amount of money was transferred. It utilises all the methods in your table: https://wiki.bytecoin.org/wiki/Main_Page

Bytecoin does not effectively obscure the amount, nor is its use of ring signatures protected against chain reaction attacks as described in the MRL papers and the 'MoneroLink' paper. The only privacy part of Bytecoin that is actually secure and effective is stealth addresses.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:06:00 AM

Monero is inflationary and is already vulnerable to intense network shocks which could lead to an economic crash. BCN is close to its emission limit and priced at $0.006 - This is the time to pull out of XMR while the going is good and reinvest into its ancestor: Bytecoin precisely when the market supply will restrict "dumping" of coins. 

Did you ever stop to wonder why the bytecoin community bailed on bytecoin and went with this fork instead? I was around and closely following cryptonote when all of this was happening. I went with the monero fork instead for the same reason as everyone else. Bytecoin is a premine scam.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:35:26 AM

Because it uses a more complex consensus algorithm than the Nakamoto longest-chain consensus method, there is a lot of testing and analysis that needs to be done. The benefits, however, are intriguing: an implementation could increase the block rate substantially without compromising the security of the network.

I See compromising security written all over that quote I placed above. I'm starting to think this project needs a chief Security Officer. These are the exact actions that a three letter agency would be doing to place compromised positions in the codebase.

I (also) see compromising security in "a more complex consensus algorithm". A Chief Security Officer is not really the solution. How do you know such a person isn't compromised, or such a hire used to inject a rat into the project. The best approach IMO is to continue with transparency and wide participation. It is also easier for 3 letter orgs to turn devs if they are known, and anyone that thinks anyone let alone a basic programmer cannot get turned is delusional.

Actually I was thinking the Devs would get together and nominate one of their own, But the easiest way to get a rat in the system is to have had it there for a period of time contributing and as it gains trust it's pushes get merged with much less scrutiny and then it can slip in a exploit that can then be used to make the entire chain transparent and that of course would completely destroy this project.

I would also like to know why we should care about ZK-Snarks when ZK-Starks which from what I understand is already Trustless is available.

ZK-Starks are resource-impractical at this time. Something like a megabyte per transaction.

All of these are directions to explore for the future.

Thanks, the math is so far beyond me I haven't even tried to research these methods other than broad explanations.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:46:53 AM

Actually I was thinking the Devs would get together and nominate one of their own, But the easiest way to get a rat in the system is to have had it there for a period of time contributing and as it gains trust it's pushes get merged with much less scrutiny and then it can slip in a exploit that can then be used to make the entire chain transparent and that of course would completely destroy this project.

OMG a fluffymole  Shocked

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:39:15 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 02:49:40 AM by Anon136

This just struck me. When we get range proofs a "queued transaction" option would be amazing. For those who are unaware with the introduction of rage proofs comes the scaling of transactions by number of outputs at log(n). This would massively reduce fees for a lot of users and atleast some amount of network load.  It would in a way allow monero to do micro transactions. Or something maybe pretty close to it.

So lets say we are talking about the gui. When you prepare a transaction right below the "send" button there could be a "queue" button.  Just queue up any sort of transaction that is non critical. If you want to make a donation to your favorite artist. Or you owe a friend some money but he isn't in a hurry to get paid back. Or you want to buy something but you aren't in a hurry to get it right away. Don't send it just queue it. Once you get a decent amount of things queued the fees would be drastically reduced. Up to 80% ontop of the already 80% savings being brought by range proofs.

And incentivizing people to queue in-order to save themselves money has the added benefit of saving everyone else who uses the network money too. Holy virtue cycle.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
birr

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:31:10 AM

I just noticed something very not good at the latest Monero Observer.  In the "Guides" section there's an entry US Lifed posted an article discussing the top 3 best Monero wallets for 2018.
The linked article lists Free Wallet as best mobile wallet!  PLEASE delete this listing from the Monero Observer.

This just struck me. When we get range proofs a "queued transaction" option would be amazing. For those who are unaware with the introduction of rage proofs comes the scaling of transactions by number of outputs at log(n). This would massively reduce fees for a lot of users and atleast some amount of network load.  It would in a way allow monero to do micro transactions. Or something maybe pretty close to it.

So lets say we are talking about the gui. When you prepare a transaction right below the "send" button there could be a "queue" button.  Just queue up any sort of transaction that is non critical. If you want to make a donation to your favorite artist. Or you owe a friend some money but he isn't in a hurry to get paid back. Or you want to buy something but you aren't in a hurry to get it right away. Don't send it just queue it. Once you get a decent amount of things queued the fees would be drastically reduced. Up to 80% ontop of the already 80% savings being brought by range proofs.

And incentivizing people to queue in-order to save themselves money has the added benefit of saving everyone else who uses the network money too. Holy virtue cycle.
Even better:  build a decentralized app where participants pool or aggregate their transactions in order to reap the benefits of log scaling.  So your tx would get propagated right away, and your fee would be negligibly small (with enough participants).
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:13:49 AM

Even better:  build a decentralized app where participants pool or aggregate their transactions in order to reap the benefits of log scaling.  So your tx would get propagated right away, and your fee would be negligibly small (with enough participants).

It would be cool if possible to do this in a way that is secure and retains privacy but it isn't clear that this is possible. Any super smart guys who wanna chime in on the potential viability of such a thing would be welcomed.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:03:42 AM

Note that queuing is more difficult in Monero as change outputs are locked for 10 blocks. You could, however, queue some transactions if you have multiple inputs. 

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
birr

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:13:31 PM

Do the inputs all have to come from the a single wallet?
And does monero-wallet-cli or the monero gui have an option for sending multiple outputs, like the pay-to-many function in electrum?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:12:12 PM

Note that queuing is more difficult in Monero as change outputs are locked for 10 blocks. You could, however, queue some transactions if you have multiple inputs.  

I only mean saving the intention of making the transaction for later. It really would be sort of an aesthetic thing. Not very different from having a todo list in a text file and adding addresses and amounts to it to save for combining later. I'm just imagining that it saves the address that you want to send to and the amount that you want to send and then adds those, with your permission, as outputs on your next pertinent transaction.

You might say that it isn't really the job of the monero core team to code something that could be done with a text file in another window. But, if people were provided a nice little convenient tool for doing this, it would have the effect of explaining to everyone that this is a good practice and help the network scale more since more people would naturally engage in this good practice more often.

Or am I missing something? Is it actually difficult to produce a transaction with say 1 input and 5 outputs?

temmuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 425

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:21:30 PM

Monero, the least moving of the big coins, will you make a pump in the near future?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:36:37 PM

Monero, the least moving of the big coins, will you make a pump in the near future?

Here you go https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252 ask over there.

Pages: « 1 ... 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 [1853] 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: