Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850313 times)
mkabatek

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:36:20 PM

michelem,

This software is very nice! The interface is sweet, seems to 'work' with my zeus thunderX2, however there are some issues.

I am using 0.3.1 RPi image, and the cgminer for zues from the drop down, all other options are default with the exception of the mining pool, and to use scrypt. All four of my miners seems to show up correctly in the dashboard however, the issues i have are as follows:

(1) Hash rates do not seem to be displayed correctly. Each miner shows several hundred MH/s which is clearly incorrect.

(2) It is not very clear to me how I can point each of my miners at separate workers, they all point to the same worker.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:44:28 PM

michelem,

This software is very nice! The interface is sweet, seems to 'work' with my zeus thunderX2, however there are some issues.

I am using 0.3.1 RPi image, and the cgminer for zues from the drop down, all other options are default with the exception of the mining pool, and to use scrypt. All four of my miners seems to show up correctly in the dashboard however, the issues i have are as follows:

(1) Hash rates do not seem to be displayed correctly. Each miner shows several hundred MH/s which is clearly incorrect.

(2) It is not very clear to me how I can point each of my miners at separate workers, they all point to the same worker.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Glad you like it.

1- It's a known issue https://github.com/michelem09/minera/issues/59
2- you can't, you should split your devices in multiple minera instances or multiple processes but the latest one is not supported by Minera.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
mkabatek

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:03:47 PM

Excellent thanks.

Two additional questions, I apologize if this has been covered:

(1) How can I run multiple instances of minera from the console? Each should have its own IP address? How would one access the web interface for the multiple instances?

(2) What is the root password when I SSH into my RPi? I can login using minera/minera, however I cannot run sudo commands.
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:12:37 PM

Excellent thanks.

(1) How can I run multiple instances of minera from the console? Each should have its own IP address? How would one access the web interface for the multiple instances?

(2) What is the root password when I SSH into my RPi? I can login using minera/minera, however I cannot run sudo commands.

Did you download the image from here or did you install raspbian and then git pull?
If you installed raspbian yourself, it would be whatever the password for that distro is. Try pi/raspberry.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:23:53 PM

Excellent thanks.

1- you didn't understand, for multiple Minera instances I mean multiple controllers (rpi/pc) controlling different devices, Minera doesn't support multiple processes on the same machine.

if you cannot run sudo with minera user there's a problem with your installation.

silverthornne

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:48:38 PM

I tried Minera last night and I must compliment michelem on the gorgeous interface. Even the minimalist login screen with the clock is very attractive so well done (and it even has a working ntp service)! I also enjoyed how easy it was to setup and navigate. Overall, it's a very impressive mining controller. Oh, and the MobileMiner integration is just the icing on a wonderfully delicious cake.

Having said that, I kept having a problem with minerd crashing all the time. I don't know if it's a problem with the R-Boxes I'm running and I'll definitely conceded that those little miners are the bane of my existence but that's a subject for another topic. So minerd kept crashing constantly so I was forced to use my other R-Pi mining controller. I'll give 0.3.1 a shot tonight since the problems were with 0.3.0. I used the image at github for the dedicated Minera R-Pi rather than installing it into a working Raspbian system.

Anyway, some suggestions going forward:

• Allow multiples of 10 in the mining donation slider or also add a field for direct text input.
  • Heck, add direct input fields on all sliders for more precision
  • Allow the user to modify IP settings directly from the Minera UI; I still had to sudo into the Pi to set a static IP address
  • Add a temperature display for miners that support it on the devices table
  • The setting to restart the miner if a device is offline for a set number of seconds is an awesome idea, however I could never figure out how to add more than one device. It'd be good to be able to set multiple devices because let's say I have 4 Antminer U2's on the Minera controller; I really wouldn't mind too much if one goes and I can wait the 600 seconds or more to restart if two go down, but if three go down I would want it to restart after 75 seconds
  • Again, on that restart miner if a device goes down option it would be better to have a drop down menu to select the device from devices that Minera has already identified rather than make the user type the name of the device

Anyway, I'll give 0.3.1 a try tonight and see if minerd is better behaved then. Overall, a great project and one I'll be watching closely. Kudos!

la7eralus

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:59:00 PM

Tried CGMiner and bfgminer that are included by default, it looks like BFGMiner has more luck currently than the default CGMiner but I was unable to get either running for longer than 30 seconds to a minute before the blades stopped flashing, although minera still detected them via the UI.

I would definitely be willing to check out a RK-BOX minera binary though, this would be awesome!

May be nwools can give us some hints on this? In the meantime I'm compiling the cgminer fork for RBOX but I really like much more that the official BFGminer works like it should do.

Here is the Cgminer fork for Rockminer, just drop it into the minera-bin/ directory and use CGminer official as preferred miner: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/968241/cgminer-rockminer/cgminer

Please let me know.

Fired right up as far as the status LED's on the RK-BOX show, however I will have to wait for a poolside average to check rates and tweak because:

DashBoard Features:

Pool Hashrate - Broken
Error/Reject Rate - Broken
Last Share - Broken
Temperature - Functional
Pool Details - Functional
Miner Uptime - Functional

DEV, Frequency, Dev-HR, Shares, AC, %AC,RE%,RE,HW%,HW, Last share, Last share time - Broken

Pool Details:

Shows status of pools and "Alive", however no information on hashrate available.

Device Tree:

No devices displayed.

System Load:

Seems functional.

Hashrate History - Broken

Accepted/Rejected/Shared - Broken

Real Time Log:

No display.

Edit:  Mobile miner can see MinerA through the network API, and it seems to be sitting around 500+ GH/s avg.  Awesome, because that means no tweaking necessary!  However, once MinerA is able to pull the information from CGMiner and display it, everything will be perfect.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 06:19:53 AM

@silverthornne thank you very much! I like so much feedbacks like yours, each of your requests is possible and I'm just working on them. but there is one I can't understand when you speak about the autorestart method. Let me explain what it does and then tell me if you need more.
Autorestart if enabled looks at the share time of your devices. If X devices arent' hashing (sending shares) for Y seconds Minera try to restart completely the miner (not reboot, restart the miner process). So, if you want to restart it as soon as 3 or more devices goes down, just put 3 as device number and 75 as seconds to wait before declaring them dead. If this is not your case, please explain me what you like to have and I'll do my best.

@la7eralus that's definitely a API/RPC problem, it seems the API doens't send the same data the original cgminer sends. I need to know that to fix it (if it's fixable). Please do this:

* start cgminer for rockminer
* don't bother the dashboard
* look at the terminal (use the web one or ssh into it)
* run this: echo '{"command":"summary+devs+pools"}' | nc 127.0.0.1 4028
* give me the output please

Thanks

la7eralus

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:08:11 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 07:26:14 AM by la7eralus

@silverthornne thank you very much! I like so much feedbacks like yours, each of your requests is possible and I'm just working on them. but there is one I can't understand when you speak about the autorestart method. Let me explain what it does and then tell me if you need more.
Autorestart if enabled looks at the share time of your devices. If X devices arent' hashing (sending shares) for Y seconds Minera try to restart completely the miner (not reboot, restart the miner process). So, if you want to restart it as soon as 3 or more devices goes down, just put 3 as device number and 75 as seconds to wait before declaring them dead. If this is not your case, please explain me what you like to have and I'll do my best.

@la7eralus that's definitely a API/RPC problem, it seems the API doens't send the same data the original cgminer sends. I need to know that to fix it (if it's fixable). Please do this:

* start cgminer for rockminer
* don't bother the dashboard
* look at the terminal (use the web one or ssh into it)
* run this: echo '{"command":"summary+devs+pools"}' | nc 127.0.0.1 4028
* give me the output please

Thanks

So I'm a noob and apparently had my hubs mixed up.  The modified cgminer binary does indeed not work, however the included BFGMiner binary does detect all the blades and display their information accordingly.  However, bfgminer is incapable of gettings each blade of the RKBOX up to its full potential, capping out in the 200 GH/s range out of 480+.

Custom string used for BFGMiner:

-S rockminer:all --set rockminer:clock=320

Im assuming BFGMiner is not paying attention to the frequency setting of 320 I am setting and that this is the culprit.  However, bfgminer does pull full API access and MinerA displays everything perfectly, it just isn't capable of currently getting up to speed.  Maybe a special BFGMiner binary specifically for the RKBOX?  Or possible the CGMiner binary that comes with the default RockWeb Raspberry Pi controller would serve as a solid base, as I have already tried directly swapping the binaries with this one and it seemed to not function properly.
silverthornne

Activity: 148

SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:07:00 PM

Yea, I setup 0.3.1 last night and then it hit me that the field for restarting if a device goes down is to input number of devices! For some reason I thought it was to input the name of the device such as AMU0 or RKM1. My bad haha.

The only thing keeping me from using it full-time right now is something that I think may have more to do with the R-Boxes than Minera. For some reason I can't get the bfgminer in Minera to see the R-Boxes. The official cgminer in Minera works with them, but they have a 30%+ error rate with it so I always end up going back to Minepeon with bfgminer 4.3.0. I don't really know what to suggest there since I know individual devices can be difficult to deal with. Heck, even with Minepeon and bfg 4.3.x which has worked best for me and the R-Boxes I still need to shift the R-Boxes around the USB hub (I have 4 R-Boxes) every once in a while. I really hate those things Sad

Oh, and I had no minerd problems with 0.3.1.

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 02:15:29 PM

The only thing keeping me from using it full-time right now is something that I think may have more to do with the R-Boxes than Minera. For some reason I can't get the bfgminer in Minera to see the R-Boxes. The official cgminer in Minera works with them, but they have a 30%+ error rate with it so I always end up going back to Minepeon with bfgminer 4.3.0. I don't really know what to suggest there since I know individual devices can be difficult to deal with. Heck, even with Minepeon and bfg 4.3.x which has worked best for me and the R-Boxes I still need to shift the R-Boxes around the USB hub (I have 4 R-Boxes) every once in a while. I really hate those things Sad

Oh, and I had no minerd problems with 0.3.1.

mmm I can't understand why the bfgminer 4.3.0 from Minepeon should work better than the 4.4.0 in Minera. Does it use a forked version?

I think nwools is going to try intensively Minera with fews hardware to test something, hope we can ask him his impressions and suggestions soon.

PS
0.3.2 is coming with fixes and user requests (like display freq for dmaxl, dev temp where available and so on)

mkabatek

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:25:29 PM

if you cannot run sudo with minera user there's a problem with your installation.
Did you download the image from here or did you install raspbian and then git pull?
If you installed raspbian yourself, it would be whatever the password for that distro is. Try pi/raspberry.

I'm actually wondering what the root password is for the distro, if there is one. I installed using the image, not git. is there even a default root password?

1- you didn't understand, for multiple Minera instances I mean multiple controllers (rpi/pc) controlling different devices, Minera doesn't support multiple processes on the same machine.

Sorry about that, I understand. It would be excellent to have the ability to run multiple workers. I have two Zeus Thunder X2 running on minera, however it takes FOREVER for the two of them to ramp to their maximum hashrate. I'm assuming this is a problem with the default config in minera. Is there a way to manual edit the JSON? I tried to SSH into minera and edit the following file:

/var/www/minera/conf/miner_conf.json

However the changes don't seem to persist in the setting page. Thanks again, minera is really badass, and I would totally love to use instead of the zeus RPi image! Thanks again.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 08:05:14 PM

I'm actually wondering what the root password is for the distro, if there is one. I installed using the image, not git. is there even a default root password?

Sorry about that, I understand. It would be excellent to have the ability to run multiple workers. I have two Zeus Thunder X2 running on minera, however it takes FOREVER for the two of them to ramp to their maximum hashrate. I'm assuming this is a problem with the default config in minera. Is there a way to manual edit the JSON? I tried to SSH into minera and edit the following file:

However the changes don't seem to persist in the setting page. Thanks again, minera is really badass, and I would totally love to use instead of the zeus RPi image! Thanks again.

mmm no I think I didn't set a root password, but you can try ssh into it with user/pass pi/raspberry or minera/minera

are you using the Dmaxl Cgminer fork? I'm working on it to fix the pool hashrate (I think I fixed it), can you paste me your json config? It should be useful.
Thanks

mkabatek

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:30:07 PM

mmm no I think I didn't set a root password, but you can try ssh into it with user/pass pi/raspberry or minera/minera

are you using the Dmaxl Cgminer fork? I'm working on it to fix the pool hashrate (I think I fixed it), can you paste me your json config? It should be useful.
Thanks

Yes, I am running the Dmaxl fork.

Thunder on a windows machine "COM1". For the X2 "chips-count" : "96", For the X3 "chips-count" : "128".

Code:
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.suchmine.com:3333",
"user" : "username.worker",
"pass" : "password",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"nocheck-golden" : true,
"chips-count" : "96",
"ltc-clk" : "328",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "9999",
"hotplug" : "5",
"scan-serial" : [
"COM1"
],
"scan-time" : "30",
"scrypt" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-description" : "cgminer v3.1.1-zm"
}

on the zeus RPi interface here: https://zeusminer.com/user-manual-ver-1-0/ (some screen shots) they allow you to set "ltc-clk", and "chips-count" manually per device connected to the RPi. When I run mutliple zeus miners from a windows machine, I generally run several instances of cgminer each with it's individual JSON config. They never seem to behave properly when I run them all into a single worker. Seem's zeus RPi software has a similar setup.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:27:12 PM

I'm running two miners, testing how the Pi handles them. Right now, I'm testing with a G-Blade pointing 40 chips at one pool with one miner and the other 40 at another pool with another miner.

I edited the JSON file (created more than one) and changed the rc.local file.

It works like a charm! And the RPi handles it like a champ!

But there is a price to pay... with this setup, Minera can only show info from one miner. I can live with that!

Next move; try with four miner instances, each pointing at different pools.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:53:29 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 03:41:04 AM by ManeBjorn

Update.  I got it fixed.  Simple removal of the --scrypt it was redundant with the check box in the settings page.

I have DL'd the image and it setup with ease.
My problem is I cannot get any Blizzards or Zeus chip based miners to run on it.
I have tried a Black Widow, Falcon and 3 Blizzards.
Here is my Blizzard argument.
Code:
--scrypt --zeus-chips 6 --zeus-clock 328 --scan-serial zeus:auto --nocheck-golden
One of the Blizzards is batch 1 so I use the nocheck-golden.  I cannot even get a single one to start hashing.  I have used two hubs that run on my other Pi's with MinePeon and they run with the ZeusMiner Pi image.
I have tried the Dmax Zeus fork and even tried BFG which works fine on MinePeon.
I really like the dashboard on Minera I would love to get the Blizzards running on it.
Can anyone help me??
I have scrypt enabled and everything I have seen in this thread.
Thanks again.

ceslick

Activity: 161

digging in the bits... now ant powered!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 03:38:29 AM

Hey,

Trying this app out but can not seem to get BTC mining working with it a gridseed device. I can get Scrypt working though.

What am I missing?

I would prefer to use BFGMiner which should have this support built in.

Thanks

Chris

http://www.integratedideas.net  - Home of Rock Solid Miners
NZ Based BTC P2Pool: http://www.integratedideas.net/p2pool-btc/  -  NZ Based DOGE P2Pool: http://www.integratedideas.net/p2pool-doge/
Cloud mining with CEX.IO: https://cex.io/r/2/ceslicknz/0/
Credde

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:13:08 AM

Update.  I got it fixed.  Simple removal of the --scrypt it was redundant with the check box in the settings page.

My problem is I cannot get any Blizzards or Zeus chip based miners to run on it.
Code:
--scrypt --zeus-chips 6 --zeus-clock 328 --scan-serial zeus:auto --nocheck-golden
One of the Blizzards is batch 1 so I use the nocheck-golden.  I cannot even get a single one to start hashing.  I have used two hubs that run on my other Pi's with MinePeon and they run with the ZeusMiner Pi image.
I have tried the Dmax Zeus fork and even tried BFG which works fine on MinePeon.
I really like the dashboard on Minera I would love to get the Blizzards running on it.
Can anyone help me??
Thanks again.

I have the same issue with my Blizzards. Another thing with the newest version is that it forgets the settings, forgets the new pools I have typed in and saved of course.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:24:28 AM

I did not have that happen yet.  Thanks for the heads up.
I will monitor it.
Still running great though right now.

Code:
Can anyone help me??
Thanks again.

I have the same issue with my Blizzards. Another thing with the newest version is that it forgets the settings, forgets the new pools I have typed in and saved of course.

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 03:38:37 PM

I think nwools is going to try intensively Minera with fews hardware to test something, hope we can ask him his impressions and suggestions soon.

I will be putting Minera through the ringer and giving michelem feedback on any hardware that should work with BFGMiner but isn't.

That said I cooked a Pi over the weekend (not the tasty kind and nothing to do with Minera) so I'll be waiting on a new Pi to arrive Monday before I can get going.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: