Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
hrshak462

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:11:01 PM

I vow to use veribit to make my next amazon purchase via gyft.  Sure I could just use bitcoin as usual but I will do my part in testing this feature.  That is all.

No deal, McCutcheon, that moon money is mine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aZ6avukGY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BITCOINBITCH

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:17:07 PM

Their is SIMPLY no interest in the real world of a payment system as ridiculously volatile and untrustworthy as crypto.
These are the facts no matter how much you love Vericoin and the Devs.
The majority want Veri to succeed, I can feel it. But its crypto, and the "demand" has been fucked thx to multipools, fake Devs, and pump groups.
Keep dreaming guys! The anger stage is here, acceptance is soon.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery!
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:34:40 PM

If you don't have the money, then what makes you think you can sell a new payment method to the general masses? Because such a mission would take millions of dollars.

Vericoin's mission statement, its reason for being, is one you guys can't afford.

And when Coblee calls Vericoin  "a parasite", don't reply with "I respect your opinion, I look up to you". What do you think the general masses (which you are going for) will think when they read that? This Coblee didn't treat you with the same respect you gave him, so he's not really "family". A real family member would not have done that. In what way is this guy related to you? Some very weird dysfunctional family values this guy has.

Anyways I just bought some VRC right now, because it's at a good price. Don't forget what you read previously about creating the best decentralized anon. Your team has the talent for such a goal, one which is more realistic.

Charlie didn't call VRC a parasite, someone else in the thread on Reddit did. Charlie is family. The other devs and I got dinner with him in Chicago. He disagrees with what we did in terms of the roll back but he owns VeriCoin himself.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 09:36:39 PM

Anyways I just bought some VRC right now, because it's at a good price. Don't forget what you read previously about creating the best decentralized anon. Your team has the talent for such a goal, one which is more realistic.

Can't give details on it at this point, but we have a great strategy for completely decentralized, efficient, VeriSend, completely rewritten.
CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:43:33 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 10:01:45 PM by CodeHunter

Charlie didn't call VRC a parasite, someone else in the thread on Reddit did. Charlie is family. The other devs and I got dinner with him in Chicago. He disagrees with what we did in terms of the roll back but he owns VeriCoin himself.

Embarrassed whoops, feel bad about that. I need new glasses.

(edit: I see now that the reddit debate was copy/pasted here in this thread very badly, should have read the original postings on reddit itself)

Uran0s

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:51:25 PM

Can't give details on it at this point, but we have a great strategy for completely decentralized, efficient, VeriSend, completely rewritten.

So these are the dev goals now, right? Sounds cool.
Wreathy

Activity: 152

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:01:40 PM

Every time before we where at a technical make or break point, we would get news about something "soon". Any chance to make healthy corrections where lost during the pumps. Now I think the day traders realize this won't go up 100% a day everyday and they are panic'd.

F'kin idiots.

Meanwhile, Everyone runs around like a chicken with their head cut off, No leadership, sigh.

Lost 1/3 our value in a day. Anytime I tried to get things on track, nothing. Nobody is near NYC that can try to make an effort to go outside and drop a paper wallet in a few iconic locations and create a game and some buzz about vericoin? Honestly, where is the coordination, the "team" is 3 people and a loosely affiliated gang of helpers is madness. Where do people go to solve issues, and create things for VRC?

I want to help create something big here but the more I think about it. Current money flow is showing that people are giving up on vericoin in masses in the last day alone? How are we going to create anything, bring in any support and create products for vericoin if nobody knows / cares about it?

I am so frustrated its hard to put into words. We can do better, but the more I think about it. Maybe its time to move on if nobody else gets it, or cares to make it better. I am sure someone will chime in and say this or that, but the fact of the matter is the products aren't wowing people enough. The words and hype created was bigger than any feature we released, and this is sad. Simply having a vision to be mainstream doesn't look like its going to be enough.

Your fighting this forum more or less on your own, give or take a few others...

We who hold vericoin Appreciate your efforts, but i fear your talent is waisted in this forum.

Did you tell your friend hes was gonna be rich from a 2 btc investment in a week, if so you are not on your own.

I have Family and Friends invested in this coin. But i made sure they was told it was long term investment and could
be a heavy contender in the land of crypto. In the long term. !.

Its not gonna be easy to reword what you laid out to him.
After all ROME was not built in a day...

Unless its called romecoin with a hidden dev and agenda. and thats where the quick bucks are.

Truth is we are all here in new unchartered territory. with most ALT COIN's.

A coins uniqueness and integration etc does not come over night.

You me and alot of others are in the same boat. Main thing is We are a huge majority in a big vessel.

So time for weak hands to jump ship...

BITCOINBITCH

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:12:17 PM

We are a huge majority in a big vessel.

Your delusional as they come, Their would be 40 investors at most involved in Vericoin left.
Time to revolutionize the world hey.
Are video games real too?
Crypo SUX! Great set of people around with no life.
Anyway Ive had my peace, see you on the next scam to take over the hope of people!

Wreathy

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:22:30 PM

We are a huge majority in a big vessel.

Your delusional as they come, Their would be 40 investors at most involved in Vericoin left.
Time to revolutionize the world hey.
Are video games real too?
Crypo SUX! Great set of people around with no life.
Anyway Ive had my peace, see you on the next scam to take over the hope of people!

Spot on gringo any thing more valid to bring to the table?.

cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:38:42 PM

Wreathy, youre contributing to the problem by just quoting it. At least change the quote or erase it.

lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:50:14 PM

Is anyone around the Bitcoin Center in NYC, that has some time to promote VeriCoin before the party?

Can we organize a giveaway of VeriCoin around the city leading up to the event?  

Perhaps use social media to tell people where to go, or hints about where the free VeriCoin are? We could place some paper wallets with like 100 VRC in them each + instructions on how to download a wallet, ect.

I would contribute to the giveaway if anyone would be willing to do this. The rest of the community can help with small donations, and by using twitter, ect to promote the giveaway. Maybe we get our story picked up, maybe not. Regardless we can educate people about VeriCoin in the Financial hub of the world.

This is a opportunity that we need to use to create brand awareness. A giveaway leading up to a VeriCoin party at Bitcoin Center seems like a logical way for a community that cares to show we are 1 step ahead of the game. That we care just a little more than the next coin, that we will work just a little bit harder than the rest.

I thought you were "done" with VRC since the price fell  Roll Eyes Grin

Look again, I said I was done with this forum, and I am. Sorry I had a great idea that I thought was worth sharing. The reason I am done, and for GOOD now, is responses like what you are doing right now. People have a way of sidestepping progression on this forum and attacking others. It's a great idea I said I would help fund, and the only response is that of a troll. After this response you just affirmed why I should not have even posted something positive like that. Anyone with good ideas is shot down for some reason instead of trying to build it up. A community will never grow with a foundation of assholes like has been posting for the past few days - weeks.

I will hold VeriCoin no matter what until a team comes that can do "mainstream" better. As of right now this is the only game in town so I support it. Though I will not speak again, you are right. I will preserve sanity over messing with the kiddies who want to turn this into a forum full of people who wish to bring others down.

People like you Leckey, make me want to sell out everything I own and move on. You know I am looking for support making a VRC faucet, You HAVE a VRC faucet. I LINK MY WEBSITE TO YOUR FAUCET Yet you will not help me make another one for the community because it would be competition for you. Not only will you not help me, you chose to attack me.

So its better I just not look at this forum, and all the wonderful people who post here.

Ahh I see thank you for the information I will now be removing lekeys faucet from vericoinish.com and work on creating my own this weekend. Then I will give you a copy of the scrypt B4C.
BITCOINBITCH

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:51:03 PM

Yes Wreathy, don't you know how this game works yet?
Its all smoke and mirrors, lies and blinkers.
Yawn.......yawn....yawn......

What about how on Bitrex you can buy and sell to yourself and push up Volume so suckers think your coin is popular.

I'm going this time, don't quote me, don't be a smartass, just understand I'm nice enough to tell you the truth.
If you wanna stay uneducated FINE with me!

munch fucking munch!

eiskalt

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:53:18 PM

(...)
But, first things first: VRC is pretending, so far, to be all solutions to all things. Which cannot be. It has to DEFINITE what it is, first and, way more importantly, set the CLEAR path to follow. We cannot pretend the rollback did not happen. If we pretend to remain a purist crypto coin that will allow thieves to get away with robbery and fraud, like every other crypto seems to be, it will be not credible and confusing; if we, on the other hand, state, clearly that yes, we welcome regulation, yes we will do anything possible when circumstances warrant to avoid the investors getting hurt and the thieves left to dry, then we are talking to an audience. And gaining their trust and support. Maybe it isn't the core crypto purists, but it will be, I bet, a much bigger one, much closer to the mainstream. (...)

You make a very good point here, because that is exactly what I thought in the days after the hardfork.

When the FUDers arrived here after the hack I defended the decision to fork the blockchain and I felt closer to this community because of it.

But when the DEVs announced, that they cannot do this again, I felt disappointed. Now the FUDers and thieves like BobSuperFlop will continue their troll campaign, without anyone of the community being able to defend the coin as we did right after the hack, because "hey: we cannot do this again"
We now accept the rules of any other crypto - the rules of thieves and scammers.

All the hacks and thefts in bitcoin/crypto are turning mainstream off.
The decision was right and will be right in the future.
I hope and think the community has a similar point of view as I have about making a thief hold an empty bag - and that is all I need to feel alright with my investment in vericoin - price is second here.

EDIT: but please avoid the term bitcoin purist - these people are more like crypto dirt not so pure at all.
Monkeys

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:56:24 PM

So here is my question, and it means everything to people's current investment.

Is their any plans to improve PR and or marketing? Not a "it's coming soon" But a real plan? If this is as good as it gets. I think 23k is a great price to get out and save a couple bucks.

You cannot go mainstream without a plan. Simply saying you to want to be mainstream, and making products with no demand, and very little attempt to create it looks.. well bad. I would be more than happy to do anything I can, but the lack of organization for such efforts is crazy.

Build it (the infrastructure) and they will come (customers, investors)

I've been toying with an idea to help get Vericoin, or any crypto, adopted by the masses or at very least the majority of the wider crypto community. How about some form of incentive for people to actually USE Vericoin?

I'm talking some form of remuneration to retailers to accept vericoin, and possibly even some for buyers too. Also, how about some sort of referral program?

I'm sure these are not original ideas, but I've not seen them implemented in any crypto in a viable way.

If we could incentivize the use and spreading of the vericoin community then we could reall achieve what this coin is designed to do!

How about we brainstorm some ideas for how to make this work? Feel free to criticize too, but constructively would be appreciated.

How about, higher staking interest for retailers that accept vericoin?

How about, higher staking interest and / or one time rewards for getting a new retailer to accept Vericoin?

How about a referral program for getting new users to adopt (and buy) Vericoin and to stake their coins? With accumulative my higher interest for people who refer more users?

Just brainstorming with these ideas, I realize that referrals and the likes can be easily exploited if not implemented carefully, but still something needs to be done to encourage people to adopt Vericoin, move away from other cryptos and start the push to the mainstream.

Thoughts?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:09:58 PM

Is their any plans to improve PR and or marketing? Not a "it's coming soon" But a real plan? If this is as good as it gets. I think 23k is a great price to get out and save a couple bucks.

You cannot go mainstream without a plan. Simply saying you to want to be mainstream, and making products with no demand, and very little attempt to create it looks.. well bad. I would be more than happy to do anything I can, but the lack of organization for such efforts is crazy.

I've been toying with an idea to help get Vericoin, or any crypto, adopted by the masses or at very least the majority of the wider crypto community. How about some form of incentive for people to actually USE Vericoin?

I'm talking some form of remuneration to retailers to accept vericoin, and possibly even some for buyers too. Also, how about some sort of referral program?

I'm sure these are not original ideas, but I've not seen them implemented in any crypto in a viable way.

If we could incentivize the use and spreading of the vericoin community then we could reall achieve what this coin is designed to do!

How about we brainstorm some ideas for how to make this work? Feel free to criticize too, but constructively would be appreciated.

How about, higher staking interest and / or one time rewards for getting a new retailer to accept Vericoin?

How about a referral program for getting new users to adopt (and buy) Vericoin and to stake their coins? With accumulative my higher interest for people who refer more users?

Just brainstorming with these ideas, I realize that referrals and the likes can be easily exploited if not implemented carefully, but still something needs to be done to encourage people to adopt Vericoin, move away from other cryptos and start the push to the mainstream.

Thoughts?

You sound like a VeriLeader:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg7988162#msg7988162

buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:12:21 PM

Thoughts?

I like where you are at giving further incentive to use the network. I was one of the first 1 million paypal accounts created. So I started using paypal from the very start.

What they did was give 1.5% cashback to use the card. What this did was make you pull out your paypal card over your visa, debit, ect. What that did was get attention from every clerk I came up to. Some of the first ones actually had to double check to make sure it was a real card. But you know what? I kept using it everyday, for everything. In my time using the card I know impressions where made and people remembered Paypal.

We need to figure out a way to get VeriCoin as a preferred payment method for merchants. Using technology others are scared to use in our wallets, and creating brand awareness are 2 of the keys to our success.

Make a "POM" code to add in or something "Proof of Merchant" Perhaps small incentives could be given from the network to support this, and that could help with mainstream adoption. As this would give a true incentive to have VeriCoin over X-shitcoin  Maybe we could hash into the algo, a % of coins go directly to the merchant pool accepting VeriCoin. Then use this pool in somehow to promote vericoin.

Or perhaps, every time you make a purchase with vericoin you "hash" a attempt at free vericoin from the network? Ideas from more technically capable people?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:24:37 PM

the biggest pull for vericoin i think is Veribit.. make that so easy to use, and people will start adopting vericoin, thats why I'm holding on to it..but for now, can only use so much because of the 1 btc cap and low vericoin price..
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:27:04 PM

When the FUDers arrived here after the hack I defended the decision to fork the blockchain and I felt closer to this community because of it.

But when the DEVs announced, that they cannot do this again, I felt disappointed. [...]
The decision was right and will be right in the future.

I do (somewhat hesitantly) believe that the recent rollback was the right thing to do, but only because the coin is still very immature. I doubt very much that I'd support a rollback in the future, however.

I think the majority of the people are willing to accept that, during its infancy (prior to being widely distributed and used) a coin may encounter a crisis situation that requires drastic measures to resolve; measures that would never even be considered once the coin is more mature. From what I have seen, it's mostly the extreme crypto die-hards (along with a few mindless lemmings) that aren't willing to accept this; unfortunately, these people also happen to be the most vocal.

This MintPal hack/theft has happened just two short months after VeriCoin was created. The coin is not yet widely distributed and there are only a small handful of vendors that accept it directly (non of which had any transactions between the time of the theft and the time of the rollback). The blockchain shows that there were minimal transactions between the time of the theft and the time of the rollback. The rollback simply did not impact many people beyond the annoyance of having to install a new wallet.

Once VeriCoin is more mature, more widely distributed, and directly accepted by numerous vendors, the daily volume will be much higher. Under these conditions, such a rollback would have extremely negative ramifications; it'd be a very bad idea, IMO.

On the other hand, with the wider distribution, it's pretty unlikely that we'd see an accumulation of 8 million coins in a single wallet...

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:31:20 PM

Regarding payout delays for VeriPool:  The Optimized Buying Algorithm saw that the price was sagging and is waiting for the trough to do most of the VeriCoin purchasing.  That is why there is a delay, but you get more coin!

I have a question regarding the mining. Is it better to point all the miners to 1 address including cpu's, gpu's, asics having different difficulties or should I use and different VRC address for each which is what I am doing now ?
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:36:02 PM

I have a question regarding the mining. Is it better to point all the miners to 1 address including cpu's, gpu's, asics having different difficulties or should I use and different VRC address for each which is what I am doing now ?

I would use the same address. There's no benefit to using multiple addresses.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
Pages: « 1 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: